What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

Just because you own Brown and are rebuilding doesn't mean you have to trade him today. 

A couple 25 point weeks and you'll likely get more than settling and selling low now.
But those 25 point games are gonna hurt your chances at getting a higher pick.

I do get what your saying but I’m not really sure Browns value can really go up anymore, I mean he’s already pretty much valued as the #1 wr in football all things considered. You would think people would jump all over a chance to trade for him but that’s not completely true. I ended up starting a rebuild last year after week 3 because my outlook was not very good and made AB available for trade and got 3 offers and they really weren’t that good. Ended up “settling” for a guaranteed early 2018 first round pick (ended up being 1.4 but was the 1.1 until the last 2 weeks of the season), Devin Funchess and Carlos Henderson. While I wanted more, keeping AB only would have hurt my chances at making my own first round pick very early. By trading AB my own first round pick ended up being 1.1. Funchess started putting up points and I was able to trade him in a package to a guy trying to make playoffs for dalvin Cook. I ended up getting tyreek hill in the offseason for the 1.4 pick and some other little stuff (while the 1.4 pick still seemed very valuable instead of the jumbled mess it is right now) and found the one owner who liked Henderson before he skipped camp and got Mahomes in a trade involving him.

So basically my point is yes AB is/could be worth more but in the long run sometimes you just have to take the deal that makes you the happiest or the best at that time and it may turn out decent at the end.

That is your opinion, but the post right after your post contradicts it. djmich posts that he traded Brown for Diggs, Thielen and the 1.8 pick. Imo Diggs is a sure thing, Thielen is a solid WR2 and at pick 8 you will probably get a decent rookie RB or WR. I would take that package over Mariota, DHenry, ARob. 

In the Barf Kissers/Booger Eaters trade, The Kissers seem to have had some bad injury luck last season with ARod and DJohnson on their roster. They seem to have had the 1.1 pick and 1.4 pick in the rookie draft and have now added Barkley, Antonio Brown and whoever they draft at 1.6 to their roster. They added Brown without hurting their existing roster. Rodgers> Mariota. Barkley, David Johnson > DHenry and Adams, Brown > ARob. The 1.04 and 1.06 are pretty equal in terms of what is available at that point in the draft too.
That is your opinion. Diggs is far from a sure thing. He is a lot like Robinson. One good season and then some injuries. 

Your second to last sentence reinforces my point. You add Brown without hurting your current roster. 

Most people trading Brown right now are rebuilding and aren't going to get sure things. Same thing for the teams trading for Brown, they are keeping their sure things and making a run. 
It’s just not close IMO. 

Henry, Mariota, and Robinson for the consensus #1 WR? OK, Maybe #2?

Not a chance.

Just because you own Brown and are rebuilding doesn't mean you have to trade him today. 

A couple 25 point weeks and you'll likely get more than settling and selling low now.
And what if he doesn’t have “a couple 25 point weeks” to start the year?

I don’t love DHenry and Robinson as enough reason to deal Brown, but I do think now is the last time you will get tip top value for him. 

djmich said:
Start 1rb and 3wr though, not sure that’s good value
I agree. It is a PPR league too and they are giving up Brown and the 1.05 pick which depending how things go in the draft could be DJ Moore/Sutton/Ridley. I would need to know the other RBs and WRs on the team getting the 1.1 pick before I can judge who won the trade.

Without a flex starting spot they could end up starting Barkley every possible week and scraping together starting WRs. 

me too. this is a big trade, but one I would probably make. depends on the roster for sure 
My roster (I am the team trading for Barkley), must have min 2 players at any position:

QB: Watson, Roethlisberger, Lamar Jackson (3.7)

RB: Barkley, Alex Collins, James Conner

WR: Gordon, Amari Cooper, Tyreke Hill, Mike Williams, John Ross, Robert Woods, DJ Moore (1.07),  Anthony Miller (2.07), Dante Pettis (4.07), Keke Coutee (5.07)

TE: Jordan Reed, ASJ

Other team drafted Guice (1.05) and Michel (2.05) and owns David Johnson. WRs are the RBs in this format, so I wanted to get younger and deeper there. See what pans out, address my needs need via trade/future draft plans. I took best available rookies and with what I ended up getting in the draft, I'll take those rookies where I got them and deal with it as the season progresses.

My roster (I am the team trading for Barkley), must have min 2 players at any position:

QB: Watson, Roethlisberger, Lamar Jackson (3.7)

RB: Barkley, Alex Collins, James Conner

WR: Gordon, Amari Cooper, Tyreke Hill, Mike Williams, John Ross, Robert Woods, DJ Moore (1.07),  Anthony Miller (2.07), Dante Pettis (4.07), Keke Coutee (5.07)

TE: Jordan Reed, ASJ

Other team drafted Guice (1.05) and Michel (2.05) and owns David Johnson. WRs are the RBs in this format, so I wanted to get younger and deeper there. See what pans out, address my needs need via trade/future draft plans. I took best available rookies and with what I ended up getting in the draft, I'll take those rookies where I got them and deal with it as the season progresses.
I definitely think you can afford to lose Jimmy and Brown. I'm not as convinced about Watson as you are- Jimmy would be nice insurance, but you did get Jackson. 3.7 is crazy imo. 

Miller 2.7 and Pettis in round 4? Coutee round 5?! How many teams is this league, 8? how did Michel slip to 2.5 This league is a head scratcher. 

that's absurd... post draft you won this by a landslide. you needed rb help bad and you got the best in this class

I definitely think you can afford to lose Jimmy and Brown. I'm not as convinced about Watson as you are- Jimmy would be nice insurance, but you did get Jackson. 3.7 is crazy imo. 

Miller 2.7 and Pettis in round 4? Coutee round 5?! How many teams is this league, 8? how did Michel slip to 2.5 This league is a head scratcher. 

that's absurd... post draft you won this by a landslide. you needed rb help bad and you got the best in this class
10 team work dynasty league. This is my 3rd season, league has been around for a long time. Saw guys taking non-rookie FA's and just scratching my head. Definitely  :loco:

12 team, 1 ppr

Team A receives:  Njoku/2nd round pick (devy league so more like a 3rd)

Team B receives:  H. Henry/J. Crowder

Team A gets Melvin Gordon.

Team B gets Allen Robinson.

(8-team, nonppr, 2qb,4rb,6wr,flex)
Melvin

Another, one owner the same:

Team B gets Randall Cobb.

Team C gets Kenyan Drake.

:confused:
Drake

12 team non ppr

David Johnson

for

TY Hilton

2018 1.3 (Guice)

2019 1st (prob 4-8)
not awful value but i prefer DJ by a good deal

12 team, 1 ppr

Team A receives:  Njoku/2nd round pick (devy league so more like a 3rd)

Team B receives:  H. Henry/J. Crowder
Njoku I think. Not a crowder fan

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Team, PPR, Salary Cap, Contract (RSO)

Team A:

Jamaal Williams - rookie contract (4 Million)

2019 1st (Late Round)

Team B:

Tyreek Hill (16 Million contract through 2020)

djmich said:
Start 1rb and 3wr though, not sure that’s good value
That's a odd lineup configuration. 20 team league? I can think of no other reason to have 1RB without at least a flex. Then again, I just saw an 8 team league mentioned in this thread without a TE position. Some weird leagues out there. 

10 team, non ppr, start q, r, r, w, w, flex, t, k, idp

A (very stacked team, lost in the championship last year) trades Juju and a pair of 2019 1st round picks, both likely very early as in possibly the #1 and #2 overall (one of them is team B's)

B (very weak team, only real RB was Guice) traded Antonio Brown.

Without Brown, B is easily the weakest team in the league, so getting his own 1st next year back nearly cements him into having the #1.  The other first rounder is a team that very rarely makes the playoffs and was 8th out of 10 last year.

24-Man roster, .5 PPR Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex (WR, RB, or TE), 1DEF, 1K

Traded: Corey Coleman

Received: 2019 4th round pick (likely late)

I would have liked to received more but the news he may be cut by the Bills hurt some. Ultimately, I was going to cut him so it's a matter of getting something for him and choosing to keep other players on my team such as Blake Bortles, Mitchell Trubisky, Aaron Jones, Mark Walton, DeDe Westbrook, Charles Clay (2nd TE from redraft perspective), and Ravens defense (2nd defense) over him.

10 team, non ppr, start q, r, r, w, w, flex, t, k, idp

A (very stacked team, lost in the championship last year) trades Juju and a pair of 2019 1st round picks, both likely very early as in possibly the #1 and #2 overall (one of them is team B's)

B (very weak team, only real RB was Guice) traded Antonio Brown.

Without Brown, B is easily the weakest team in the league, so getting his own 1st next year back nearly cements him into having the #1.  The other first rounder is a team that very rarely makes the playoffs and was 8th out of 10 last year.
I would trade Brown for that even if I was the runaway favorite in the league. 

I would trade Brown for that even if I was the runaway favorite in the league. 
Interesting.  League is upset that Brown went for that (no starters from A).  A now has lineup (in a 10 teamer keep in mind) of A Rodgers, Fournette, Gordon, Hunt, A Brown, K Allen, Olson/Reed.  B now has an even crappier team, and likely locked into 4 picks in the top 12 next year already. 

Interesting.  League is upset that Brown went for just picks.  A now has lineup (in a 10 teamer keep in mind) of A Rodgers, Fournette, Gordon, Hunt, A Brown, K Allen, Olson/Reed.  B now has an even crappier team, and likely locked into 4 picks in the top 12 next year already. 
The trade said Juju and picks. 

The trade said Juju and picks. 
Yes, it did - sorry.  Fixed.  I meant to say that league was upset that Brown went and A didn't have to move any starters to do it (Landy was likely the other starting WR for team A prior, who now slides to his WR#3). 

Yes, it did - sorry.  Fixed.  I meant to say that league was upset that Brown went and A didn't have to move any starters to do it (Landy was likely the other starting WR for team A prior, who now slides to his WR#3). 
The league is upset that, barring injury, team A is the heavy favorite.  Nothing wrong with the trade.

10 teamer, full PPR, start 1 qb, 1 rb, 1 wr, 3 flex, te, idp

Guice for B Cooks, straight up no chaser
I think that's cheap for Cooks. That's essentially a mid/late first rounder for Cooks straight up. I would think Cooks would warrant a little bit more in that kind of deal. Not to mention Guice is hurt for the year. And I'm a huge Guice fan and I sold Cooks myself for a mid to late 1st, high 3rd and a player (Godwin) 

I think that's cheap for Cooks. That's essentially a mid/late first rounder for Cooks straight up. I would think Cooks would warrant a little bit more in that kind of deal. Not to mention Guice is hurt for the year. And I'm a huge Guice fan and I sold Cooks myself for a mid to late 1st, high 3rd and a player (Godwin) 
Even in a PPR league?  It's been a few years since he's topped 80 catches, and that was in New Orleans with Brres in his prime.

Even in a PPR league?  It's been a few years since he's topped 80 catches, and that was in New Orleans with Brres in his prime.
I want to be clear, I think you got the better side. I love the guy and I don't think Cooks is more than what we have seen from him so far, which isn't bad but isn't WR1 level. But Cooks could maybe bring more value than Guice straight up, post injury especially. If this was pre-injury for pick 1.2 then that's a different story. 

I got offered Miller for my 1st and I turned it down without much thought.  I'm surprised people view him that highly honestly.  
I wouldn't buy him for one of my firsts either, probably.  But I am very high on him and didn't want to let him go.  I have a very solid WR corps, though, and that 1st is juicy. Plus I have room for another guy on my taxi now. 

12 Team PPR

Team A got Mike Williams, Mack 2019 1st (mid/late)

Team B got Royce Freeman, Kelvin Benjamin, Edelman,2019 3rd/4th
Team A, not an overly big believe in Williams or Freeman though.

Prefer Mack + a mid/late 1st over Benjamin, Edelman, and a 3rd/4th.

12-team, start 1/2/4/F, NON-PPR (not involved):

Team A sends LeVeon Bell

Team B sends Kareem Hunt, 2019 1st (likely early-mid).
I'd probably take Hunt here. Up and coming and a high 1st for a rb who is a top dog but has miles and who knows where he is next year and how hes used. 

10 teamer, full PPR, start 1 qb, 1 rb, 1 wr, 3 flex, te, idp

Guice for B Cooks, straight up no chaser
Good deal. I’d take Cooks but it’s fair. 

12-team, start 1/2/4/F, NON-PPR (not involved):

Team A sends LeVeon Bell

Team B sends Kareem Hunt, 2019 1st (likely early-mid).
I’d need to see the roster to fully assess the likelihood of early 1st. Not a Hunt fan but lean that way and flip Hunt. 

Users who are viewing this thread