What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

matttyl said:
10 teamer, QRWWTFF, non ppr

Juju and Jordan Reed

Kelce and a 2020 1st round pick (two years out, but from historically weaker team).  
10 teams, Start one TE.  I would have thought a person could trade Kelce for juju straight up   

obviously Reed is not worth a first rounder    

.5 PPR / .5 1st Down

Gave: Hyde, Duke, Crowder, 2nd rounder

Got: Mark Ingram & Hunter Henry

This is the league I'm favored to win. My RBs now are Gurley, Kamara, Ingram, & Crowell. Thought going and getting Ingram made sense. I really wanted some roster flexibility too. Didn't have anyone to cut and wanted to make some moves. Immediately picked up Maurice Harris (get him if he's out there) and Rashad Higgins. 

16 team IDP contract league:

Gave

Johnson, Kerryon DET RB;

Avery, Genard CLE LB;

Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick 

Got

Johnson, David ARI RB;

Hunter, Danielle MIN DE;

Wagner, Bobby SEA LB

.5 PPR / .5 1st Down

This is the league I'm favored to win. My RBs now are Gurley, Kamara, Ingram, & Crowell. Thought going and getting Ingram made sense. I really wanted some roster flexibility too. Didn't have anyone to cut and wanted to make some moves. Immediately picked up Maurice Harris (get him if he's out there) and Rashad Higgins. 
Why? Is he good?

Traded: Jimmy Garrapolo, Hayden Hurst and Jalen Richard

Received: shameless Jameis and some small pieces 

either I made a nice buy low, or I lost every aspect of the deal.  I still believe in Jameis talent.  Hopefully his head is finally screwed on

Garoppolo side for me and it's not close. 
Wow.  Not even close?   That’s interesting.  I figured there would be mixed opinions on the two QBs but thought it was pretty close. 

Are you a big fan of Garrapolo, hurst or Richard?  Or just not like Winston much?   

Just curious what makes it not close in your eyes.  Maybe I’m way off.  I view Winston as more valuable at QB.  Hurst is talented but already broke his foot and is a 25 year old rookie.  Andrews kind of eats into his value for now too.  Richard to me is too inconsistent to rely on.  It’s very possible I made a mistake.  I just thought it was close. 

Wow.  Not even close?   That’s interesting.  I figured there would be mixed opinions on the two QBs but thought it was pretty close. 

Are you a big fan of Garrapolo, hurst or Richard?  Or just not like Winston much?   

Just curious what makes it not close in your eyes.  Maybe I’m way off.  I view Winston as more valuable at QB.  Hurst is talented but already broke his foot and is a 25 year old rookie.  Andrews kind of eats into his value for now too.  Richard to me is too inconsistent to rely on.  It’s very possible I made a mistake.  I just thought it was close. 
Your evaluation of Richard and Hurst are spot on. It's your evaluation of Jimmy G that is off. You basically swapped Jimmy for an unstable 2018 QB asset. I think you could have gotten more. 

Your evaluation of Richard and Hurst are spot on. It's your evaluation of Jimmy G that is off. You basically swapped Jimmy for an unstable 2018 QB asset. I think you could have gotten more. 
I can definitely see this as a valid argument.  I like Jimmy as a QB talent for sure.   I am just betting on Winston starting sooner than later, then hopefully signing long term.  I like the offensive situation better on Tampa than SF for now, so that weighed into my decision as well.  I know the odds aren't great in my favor, but I was willing to take the chance.

If Jimmy hadn't just torn his ACL, I'm sure I could have gotten more.  In the same respect, if I waited a few more weeks, I felt there was a better chance that Jameis value spiked up rather than down any more.

Winston is bad. Garoppolo wasn't exactly tearing the league up but I'd take him over Winston straight up. Winston closer to being cut than starting right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming we’re talking Melvin, he definitely had microfrature surgery.
Ok found it. That was for the torn cartilage. I don’t see that significantly cutting into the length he will be able to play. Of course, any kind of procedure and prognosis is very individualized but I would not be concerned with a major impact on his future. 

Ok found it. That was for the torn cartilage. I don’t see that significantly cutting into the length he will be able to play. Of course, any kind of procedure and prognosis is very individualized but I would not be concerned with a major impact on his future. 
I've heard it described as removing concrete and replacing it with sand. From a dynasty perspective, I find it concerning and consequently have no intention of acquiring Melvin. I think @Dr. Dan has commented on it before.

.5 PPR / .5 1st Down

If no one says anything I assume it's a pretty even deal? 

Sebowski said:
.5 PPR / .5 1st Down

Sebowski said:
If no one says anything I assume it's a pretty even deal? 
Hah, sorry, I actually really like your side of it. I know Hyde is probably about 2 years younger than Ingram, but I view them both as short term assets (both will be looking for jobs in a year but Ingram is a much more complete back than ol' Mr. Brick Hands). Duke and Crowder are bye week fillers, IMO, whereas Henry is a young difference maker. Good trade for now and the future.

It's close enough, but I like Ebron here. If Luck gets back to where he was before the injury, Ebron will be a difference maker. 
I haven't paid too close of attention, but I didn't think Doyle was going to miss too many games. With the snap and routes run split the way it has been, I see right now as the best sell high window for Ebron. 

I haven't paid too close of attention, but I didn't think Doyle was going to miss too many games. With the snap and routes run split the way it has been, I see right now as the best sell high window for Ebron. 
Good point - I actually hadn't looked at the snap shares until right now. Color me surprised, though it's early. I still like Ebron in his current situation, but he'll no doubt earn more snaps to stay relevant. 

Hah, sorry, I actually really like your side of it. I know Hyde is probably about 2 years younger than Ingram, but I view them both as short term assets (both will be looking for jobs in a year but Ingram is a much more complete back than ol' Mr. Brick Hands). Duke and Crowder are bye week fillers, IMO, whereas Henry is a young difference maker. Good trade for now and the future.
Thabks for the feedback. Hyde and Ingram are actually both 28.

12 tm PPR - superflex

A gets: D.Lewis, Hogan, Gronk and ASJ

B gets: Mack, Engram, 2019 1st (let's say mid round for now)

0.75ppr, QRRWWWTF

Team A: Will Fuller V, Kelvin Benjamin, 2019 3rd

Team B: Jay Ajayi, Chris Hogan, 2019 1st

Team A: Austin Ekeler (Melvin Gordon owner gets him)

Team B: 2019 2nd

Team A: TJ Yeldon (Fournette owner gets him)

Team B: Hunter Henry

Last edited by a moderator:
0.75ppr, QRRWWWTF

Team A: Will Fuller V, Kelvin Benjamin, 2019 3rd

Team B: Jay Ajayi, Chris Hogan, 2019 1st

Team A: Austin Ekeler (Melvin Gordon owner gets him)

Team B: 2019 2nd

Team A: TJ Yeldon (Fournette owner gets him)

Team B: Hunter Henry
Fuller unless the first is most likely gonna be early (top4-5)

pretty even, could see either side 

Henry by a couple miles lol

This is pretty even. I might like Engram and the pick. EE even with injury could still keep pace with Gronk this year. And obviously has 5-6 years of value. ASJ is nothing. Lewis vs. Mack is the big variable could go in a lot of directions. But those too are pretty even in dynasty IMO. So now you basically have ASJ for a little less than a first (assuming you slot Gronk a few spots about EE but even that is subjective; I own EE and not sure I'd deal him straight up for Gronk and I'm competing).

tombonneau said:
This is pretty even. I might like Engram and the pick. EE even with injury could still keep pace with Gronk this year. And obviously has 5-6 years of value. ASJ is nothing. Lewis vs. Mack is the big variable could go in a lot of directions. But those too are pretty even in dynasty IMO. So now you basically have ASJ for a little less than a first (assuming you slot Gronk a few spots about EE but even that is subjective; I own EE and not sure I'd deal him straight up for Gronk and I'm competing).
I was the side getting Engram.  I now have 4 2019 1sts (its a superflex, so just traded Carr to the Jimmy G owner for Jimmy and a 2019 1st) and want to move on from Gronk before he moves on from us, lol  

I was the side getting Engram.  I now have 4 2019 1sts (its a superflex, so just traded Carr to the Jimmy G owner for Jimmy and a 2019 1st) and want to move on from Gronk before he moves on from us, lol  
I would be looking to cash out on Gronk if I owned him. I like the move for you.

BTW, are you competing this season or rebuilding? I would venture to "guess" you aren't competing in 2018.
I have Kamara and Ty.Hill but the rest of my team has under performed (this was a startup this summer).  Off to a 1-3 start but believe I could still make a run if things go well.  But that would be icing on the cake if I do...looking more to next year

In that case, I think your move of Gronk et al, was indeed correct. And that is coming from a staunch long-term Gronk owner, who has benefited positively from owning him. When I've shopped him in the past few pre-seasons, no one seemed to think he had any value (except those owners desiring to pilfer him for a few magic beans, of which none of them proved to have any magical value whatsoever). And IMHO, it is a bit premature to call it either way so far in 2018. I'm sure you'll find significant improvement in the seasons down the road for this new start-up superflex league. GL and enjoy our great hobby - Ace.

In that case, I think your move of Gronk et al, was indeed correct. And that is coming from a staunch long-term Gronk owner, who has benefited positively from owning him. When I've shopped him in the past few pre-seasons, no one seemed to think he had any value (except those owners desiring to pilfer him for a few magic beans, of which none of them proved to have any magical value whatsoever). And IMHO, it is a bit premature to call it either way so far in 2018. I'm sure you'll find significant improvement in the seasons down the road for this new start-up superflex league. GL and enjoy our great hobby - Ace.
Agreed.  Gronk is the ultimate win-now piece, but even if OP decides that he's in a position to compete this season he will be able to find replacement-level TE production at a far lower cost.

Users who are viewing this thread