What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

I think what he's saying is not that he would necessarily accept or decline an offer based on the makeup of the other team, just that he may be more insulted by the offer and not want to deal with the guy based on the makeup of the team. 

I see the point to a certain extent - if you have 1.02 and 1.03 and aren't offering those in a deal for 1.01, I can see someone thinking, "Hmmm, why aren't those in the offer - he's trying to screw me." If someone doesn't have the 1.02 and 1.03, and instead only has the 1.07 and 1.08 and offers those, at least he offered his best picks available so it's not as "insulting," even though it may not be as good of an offer.

Anyway, I think that's the point. 
Again, I didn't say I was insulted or would find it insulting by being offered the 1.04 and 1.09 for the 1.01. If people want to keep setting up this Straw Man go ahead, but I not going continue the discussion when my position keeps getting mischaracterized.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone take their own statement out of context before.  Until now.

You said that bolded part right after you bolded me saying "1.4/1.9 for 1.1 is not a lowball offer" and disagreed with it.  It was crystal clear that your post was basically saying "1.4/1.9 for 1.1 is totally a lowball offer.  I mean, it's not crazy like a 3rd rounder or something, but it's a lowball offer".
:sigh:

You should probably re-read the last couple pages.  Not much straw man going on, at all. 

As for those last two trades, the Hill side in the first one.

Pick over Langford. 

Just an FYI, you DID call it a lowball offer.

Someone said "4/9 for pick 1 is not a lowball offer"............to which you you replied "REALLY??"  You even bolded that part of his comment before that reply.

So what is your position again?

Just an FYI, you DID call it a lowball offer.

Someone said "4/9 for pick 1 is not a lowball offer"............to which you you replied "REALLY??"  You even bolded that part of his comment before that reply.

So what is your position again?
Context is everything. Since you always have to have the last word, go for it. I am finished with this discussion.

Have a good day. :)

Context is everything. Since you always have to have the last word, go for it. I am finished with this discussion.

Have a good day. :)
I'll give you the opportunity for the last word.

Is it an insulting offer?  yes or no

Is it a lowball offer?  Yes or no

At this point, it is impossible to tell what you think.  You have said both. 

Again, I didn't say I was insulted or would find it insulting by being offered the 1.04 and 1.09 for the 1.01. If people want to keep setting up this Straw Man go ahead, but I not going continue the discussion when my position keeps getting mischaracterized.
There are two people on your side of the discussion.

1) Dropkick, who said explicitly that he would be insulted by the offer due to the other team's make-up (a post that you liked, but nevermind that).

2) You, who said explicitly that you would not be insulted, but would potentially reject an offer that you would otherwise accept.

I think both reactions are a bit bizarre, but to each his own.  Regardless, there are discussions about both and people are still responding to both.  I'm not sure that Kutta's reply was necessarily directed at you.

I'll give you the opportunity for the last word.

Is it an insulting offer?  yes or no

Is it a lowball offer?  Yes or no

At this point, it is impossible to tell what you think.  You have said both. 
No, it wasn't an insulting offer.

Was it a lowball offer? Well, this is where we get into a discussion of semantics. Depends what you mean by lowball. Literally, no, it wasn't (like being offered Johnny Manziel and Justin Blackmon). So if you insist on a yes or no answer without any clarification, then no.

But it was an offer very few would accept (run a twitter poll on it you think otherwise) and most would reject immediately unless they didn't like Zeke and also thought Treadwell and Doctson were in the same tier as Coleman, Thomas, Shepard, Fuller, Caroo. And taken in context, compared to what actual perceived value is (per recent trades reported on twitter) and what could have been offered to perhaps immediately seal the deal, then, yes it might be viewed as lowball. If it is not close to the best you can do, then the other party can (rightfully or wrongfully) perceive it be lowball in the overall context, even though that might not be a valid perception.

If I got that offer for my 1.01, I wouldn't be mad, I wouldn't be angry, I wouldn't be upset - but I also wouldn't counter as I wouldn't think the other party is really serious about closing the deal (not when are they also sitting with the 1.02 and 1.03).  Not to mention that I am holding the top prize in the draft, so I am under zero pressure to move the pick and the value is going to only increase everyday forward until the NFL draft. If people don't want to give me the going rate, fine, that is their prerogative, more power to them, and I will happily keep my 1.01 and add Zeke to my stable if I don't get a better offer. 

Just my opinion and since you gave me the opportunity for the last word, I took it . Finis.  :hophead:

I'm really not buying any of the 3 of these guys, but valuewise here I'll take DT
Honestly I'm not selling DT in most other leagues that I own him in, but in this particular league I needed to take a chance at some youth and RB depth. Not in love with Gordon or Diggs, but hoping Gordon can rebound into half of what he was hyped to be and that Diggs can be what he is hyped to be. If either work out, or I hit with 2.02, this trade can be a win. Possible for none to work out and this be a big dud too, though.

Is the difference between pick 2 and pick 4 so drastically "not close" that someone out there actually thinks picks 4/9 for pick 1 (when the offering team has picks 2 and 3) is so bad that they feel there is no point to countering?  If that same team offered picks 2/9 would you accept it?   If so then the lack of countering is laughably embarrassing considering the reason for the lack of countering.  

Missing out on a deal you would otherwise do due to some weird principal sounds like a terrible way to run a team in any sort of serious league.

Is the difference between pick 2 and pick 4 so drastically "not close" that someone out there actually thinks picks 4/9 for pick 1 (when the offering team has picks 2 and 3) is so bad that they feel there is no point to countering?  If that same team offered picks 2/9 would you accept it?   If so then the lack of countering is laughably embarrassing considering the reason for the lack of countering.  

Missing out on a deal you would otherwise do due to some weird principal sounds like a terrible way to run a team in any sort of serious league.
As of now, I see 2 and 4 as kind of in the same muddled tier of top WRs and the best non-Elliot RB.  Without knowing landing spots, I don't see anyone I want so badly at 2 that I wouldn't be equally happy with who I can get at 4.  So 4/9 vs. 2/9 doesn't really do anything for me.  I might consider trying for 2/4 or 3/4, though, and throw in something later in the draft on my side, depending on team needs.

As of now, I see 2 and 4 as kind of in the same muddled tier of top WRs and the best non-Elliot RB.  Without knowing landing spots, I don't see anyone I want so badly at 2 that I wouldn't be equally happy with who I can get at 4.  So 4/9 vs. 2/9 doesn't really do anything for me.  I might consider trying for 2/4 or 3/4, though, and throw in something later in the draft on my side, depending on team needs.
You mean you would get back to me with some sort of negotiation??  The HELL you say :jawdrop:

My bad then. I lost track of the conversation a bit and thought I characterized things correctly. My apologies if I got it wrong.

How many wide receivers or picks someone has has nothing to do with the value of an offer.  Just because someone has a boatload of picks does not entitle you to a sweeter offer.
I understand the logical thinking behind your point.  But, there is an emotional side to human interaction.  What are you, a computer programmer?  if you come to me looking for an elite player or pick and it's obvious you presented the lowest feasible offer, I'll probably tell you to get lost.  Simple as that; the deal doesn't fly. 

PPR 12 team league

Traded: Demaryius Thomas

Received: Melvin Gordon, Stefon Diggs, 2.02
In PPR I'd take the Gordon, Diggs side.  Purely because I don't have faith that Denver will solve their QB situation anytime soon and Diggs could be a PPR monster in coming years.  Bridgewater doesn't throw a deep ball, but what he does throw is perfect for a precise route runner.  No faith in Gordon but last year he was a top 5 pick so people saw something in him I suppose.  And 2.02 probably won't end up being a star, but could be a solid addition.

I understand the logical thinking behind your point.  But, there is an emotional side to human interaction.  What are you, a computer programmer?  if you come to me looking for an elite player or pick and it's obvious you presented the lowest feasible offer, I'll probably tell you to get lost.  Simple as that; the deal doesn't fly. 
You're looking at it wrong big time. If you are expecting more in return because one team is stronger but would accept the same deal for less from another team, then I have to tell you that is a warped mindset.

Just happened in one of my leagues, not involved, kinda disappointed I wasn't.

Team A sends: 1.09, 2.02

Team B sends: 1.10, Donte Moncrief

Team A already has the 1.02, Team B already has the 1.03

Monc for the 2.02?  I'll gladly move down 1 spot in exchange for the Monc.  Easy choice too.

DropKick said:
I can honestly say this thought has never crossed my mind and from the reactions in this thread it seems I'm not alone.  You are certainly the only person that's gone as far as saying you'd be insulted by such a scenario and tell the other person to get lost.  I realize that some people just approach their day to day life like the world is out to get them so maybe this is an extension of that, but this is certainly not just some normal unavoidable human response like you're making it out to be, as evidenced by the fact that literally no one else in here feels that way.

im in this league.

both teams are turrble, both owners are turrble

that said, i agree, moncrief side easy

Looks like the guy who just gave up Moncrief for peanuts is the early leader for most turrible owner of 2017.
Run it up, and myself are in 2 dynos with both of the owners involved in that deal. They dont always make bad trades with each other, but all their trades are bad.

PPR QB flex 

gave: Ryan Tannehill

received: Kirk Cousins

PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex

gave: Jordan Reed, 3.4

received: Julius Thomas,1.5

Same Team A in all 3.

Team A sent: 4.02, 5.02
Team B sent: Robert Woods
---
Team A sent: M. Stafford, 1.10, 3.02, 2017 1st (if this trade gives you any idea, I'm leaning early)
Team C sent: T. Taylor, P. Dorsett, J. Crowder, J. Huff

PPR QB flex 

gave: Ryan Tannehill

received: Kirk Cousins

PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1Flex

gave: Jordan Reed, 3.4

received: Julius Thomas,1.5
Coin flip the QBs.

Reed.

Same Team A in all 3.

---
Team A sent: M. Stafford, 1.10, 3.02, 2017 1st (if this trade gives you any idea, I'm leaning early)
Picks in the first deal.

Who exactly in what Team C is giving is worth one first, much less two?!?

Think it's most correct to just say Team A is bad. This trade started as Crowder for a second, before it was completed that second was then traded for Moncrief in the above trade. It devolved from there with Team A saying "I will overpay for Tyrod, I'm willing to give my 2017 first."

Luck > Skill

Same Team A in all 3.

---
Picks and Picks.  I like Tyrod but in my league he'd go for a 2nd at best.

I realize I'm late to the party, but last year I pulled together a historical analysis of dynasty rookie picks to VBD.  It's another way to determine the value of picks, and shows that the 1.01 vs 1.04/1.09 isn't necessarily a bad deal.   

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/724093-official-2015-dynasty-value-assessment-thread/?do=findComment&comment=17766847

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/724093-official-2015-dynasty-value-assessment-thread/?do=findComment&comment=17786897

I realize I'm late to the party, but last year I pulled together a historical analysis of dynasty rookie picks to VBD.  It's another way to determine the value of picks, and shows that the 1.01 vs 1.04/1.09 isn't necessarily a bad deal.   

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/724093-official-2015-dynasty-value-assessment-thread/?do=findComment&comment=17766847

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/724093-official-2015-dynasty-value-assessment-thread/?do=findComment&comment=17786897
every class is different, so across many classes its hard to put a value on a set pick, for example, last years 1.02 is worth more than this years 1.01

maybe to my point about classes being hard to valuate yearly or maybe to the 1.02 statement?
We all have our subjective assessments of draft classes.  However, only time will tell on whether this year's 1.01 has more VBD over 5 years than the 1.04 and 1.09.  That was my only point.    

We all have our subjective assessments of draft classes.  However, only time will tell on whether this year's 1.01 has more VBD over 5 years than the 1.04 and 1.09.  That was my only point.    
I agree there. Its certainly possible. In a rookie draft a few years ago watkins went 1.01, ebron went 1.04 and OBJ went 1.09 so, totally possible

Sorry, I thought about it wrong.  It went Cooper then Gurley then Gordon.  My bad.
gordon did actually go 1.02 in one of my leagues, but I think most ADP data from last year had the other two going 1/2 in some order

Users who are viewing this thread