What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

Standard 12 team PPR.

Team A gave Fournette

Team B gave Allen Robinson and the 2018 4.07
Robbery

12 Team .5 PPR

Team A got

Wilson, Russell SEA QB

Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB

Davis, Corey TEN WR

Kirk, Christian ARI WR

Washington, James PIT WR

Team B got

Fournette, Leonard JAC RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Boyd, Tyler CIN WR
I'll take team A

Fournette side wins, no question.

Surely there is a believer who will give you ~two firsts for Fournette. ARob believers may or may not be coughing up a single first at this stage. 
Yes Fournette side wins and easily.

And to your AROB point I got a timely response. Just yesterday in a league of mine, a league I could use another fairly young WR, someone posted they'd trade Robinson for a 2019  or  2020 first.  I got pick 1.11 and could not bring myself to offer even that and for what it's worth as of now does not look like anyone else did either because no trade has happened and I've made several trades with this owner and he's one who does what he says, which just tells me no one is wanting to pay a first for him.  I actually tried to talk myself into it but just couldn't do it.

FFPC

Gave: Kenny Golladay, 1.10, 1.12

Got: George Kittle

Offered and accepted within 5 minutes.  I also own picks 1.02, 1.03, and 1.09 this year, as well as two non-playoff projected 1sts next year.  I've been shopping Golladay looking for someone to pay 2 1sts and couldn't get any takers.  This is a rebuild orphan I've owned for 1 season.  It was a middling team for the last several years, couldn't get over the hump, so I stripped it down and started acquiring picks.  I've made a ton of moves, some have failed, but many have really worked out nicely for me.  This one I feel pretty good about and I don't think he would have taken any less.  The core of my team is now:

Garroppolo

Guice, Cohen

Woods, Pettis, Fuller, Foster

Kittle, Goedert

1.2, 1.03, 1.09, my own 2020 1st (borderline playoff contender, probably not quite), and 2020 1st of a bottom 2 team

Just went down in one of my PPR leagues. Not part of the trade but jealous as I think that is great value for the 1.2 

Team A gave: 1.2 Pick

Team B gave: Fournette & Godwin 

Chubb trade in FFPC big league.  Not involved.

Team A: Aaron Jones, Robert Woods

Team B: Chubb, Curtis Samuel

Both teams are sort of middling.

Chubb by a good bit for me here.

Well that makes me feel a little better about trading Chubb today.

Gave Chubb

Got 1.01, 2020 2nd rd pick, P. Lindsay 
Personally I have Chubb and 1.1 probably closer than most because I have really started to fall in love with Josh Jacobs, and Lindsay tips this over the edge to that side for me.  I can understand many will still like Chubb here though.

Jones/Woods if I got roster space.

Well that makes me feel a little better about trading Chubb today.

Gave Chubb

Got 1.01, 2020 2nd rd pick, P. Lindsay 
I'd have taken the 1.1/Lindsay easily before they signed Hunt.  Would take 1.1 or Lindsay both over Chubb now and I mean either of them. Plus a nice 2020 second!? What a steal for you.

ETA-I would take back what I said about doing Lindsay straight up for Chubb. Don't own Lindsay in dynasty, did not realize he was going to be 25, was way off on his age.  A late first kind of value would be needed for me to turn Chubb into Lindsay. Just wanted to clarify that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one got fleeced? I favor the Chubb side, but Woods is pretty underrated and I've seen Jones ranked higher than I expected.
I favor the Chubb side also - maybe I exaggerated a bit but I don't think making a trade like that is a winning formula for the guy giving Chubb away.

I own Woods in multiple leagues and I'm a big fan, but I think he's way more replaceable - there are many WRs that will give you similar production. I guess it doesn't help that I'm not as high on Aaron Jones as some.

I favor the Chubb side also - maybe I exaggerated a bit but I don't think making a trade like that is a winning formula for the guy giving Chubb away.

I own Woods in multiple leagues and I'm a big fan, but I think he's way more replaceable - there are many WRs that will give you similar production. I guess it doesn't help that I'm not as high on Aaron Jones as some.
Ok, just checking to make sure I wasn't looking at it wrong. I'm with you on everything except a slight disagreement on Woods. Maybe 2018 will prove to be a high water mark, but he was about a point per game from WR1 production and about 3 points per game ahead of WR3 production. I think he's actually quite valuable. 

http://www.fftoday.com/stats/playerstats.php?Season=2018&GameWeek=&PosID=30&LeagueID=107644&order_by=FFPtsPerG&sort_order=DESC

This trade just made in a devy league I commish.  I wasn't part of this trade.

Team A got David Montgomery and Allen Robinson

Team B got D K Metcalf and Josh Gordon

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC

Gave: Keenan Allen, Damien Williams, OJ Howard

Got: Gurley

I'm a contender, rest of core is Barkley, JuJu, Kelce, Wentz, Woods.  Other team is bottom 2.

FFPC

Gave: Keenan Allen, Damien Williams, OJ Howard

Got: Gurley

I'm a contender, rest of core is Barkley, JuJu, Kelce, Wentz, Woods.  Other team is bottom 2.
Gurley and the other team should have at the very least had your #1 pick added to that and I would still prefer Gurley.  I see why the other team is bottom two.

12 Team PPR:

AJG for 2.1, 2020 1&3 (mid-late)
That is a great haul for AJG.  Typically he is a hard asset to trade.  Usually too valuable for the team trying to move him and not valuable enough to give up a lot to the team trying to get him.  He is an unsexy WR at this point that always produces solidly when healthy. 

This is exactly the kind ofove I'd make of I owned Davis anywhere.  Get me off that train, rather have Boyd straight up.

Team A for me.
While I agree T Boyd is clearly the best talent in this deal, do you have so little regard for C Kirk?  I also want off the C Davis train....but I thought the ARZ HC change would lift him more.   I know his "market trade value" is late 1st, but  I see this a good deal for both sides. 

While I agree T Boyd is clearly the best talent in this deal, do you have so little regard for C Kirk?  I also want off the C Davis train....but I thought the ARZ HC change would lift him more.   I know his "market trade value" is late 1st, but  I see this a good deal for both sides. 
I'd take Davis over Boyd myself and I think he is more talented.  Just saying it may be clear to you but not sure that's consensus opinion. Agree with you on Kirk and if I think this time next year a good chance he will have surpassed Boyd in value.

But I also love the 2020 draft. Don't know where that pick projects but if I'm going to call it random the trade seems pretty fair.

I'd take Davis over Boyd myself and I think he is more talented.  Just saying it may be clear to you but not sure that's consensus opinion. Agree with you on Kirk and if I think this time next year a good chance he will have surpassed Boyd in value.

But I also love the 2020 draft. Don't know where that pick projects but if I'm going to call it random the trade seems pretty fair.
C Davis has the physical talent, but IMO, his situation is not as positive as Boyd.  AJG draws top CB and Boyd gets plenty of looks.  Mariota does not help Davis.  I think the whole Tenn Offense could use an overhaul.  This might bring be back to the C Davis lovefest. 

C Davis has the physical talent, but IMO, his situation is not as positive as Boyd.  AJG draws top CB and Boyd gets plenty of looks.  Mariota does not help Davis.  I think the whole Tenn Offense could use an overhaul.  This might bring be back to the C Davis lovefest. 
I rank the pieces Kirk, 2020 1st, Davis, Boyd. I own Boyd and would ship him in a heart beat

I rank the pieces Kirk, 2020 1st, Davis, Boyd. I own Boyd and would ship him in a heart beat
2020 1st, Boyd, Davis, Kirk for me.

I think Kirk has stiff hips and is stuck in an awful situation.  I consider him a Crowder level player.  Better in real life than fantasy.  Perhaps the new regime gets more out of him though.

I also think Davis is a better player than Boyd in a vacuum, but Mariota is subpar even when he's healthy.  I'm shorting the Titans passing game until further notice.  Boyd is a nice talent with a plus situation in my view.

All that said, I'd rather have the 2020 1st.  It's probably a very good draft class but even if it's not, the perception is such and you could get more for it down the road.  

Boyd and the 1st are the only difference makers involved for me.  

I think Kirk has stiff hips and is stuck in an awful situation.  I consider him a Crowder level player.  Better in real life than fantasy.  Perhaps the new regime gets more out of him though.
Isn't Crowder just a slot guy though, and doesn't Kirk line up on the outside a fair bit?  I admittedly don't know that much about Kirk but I didn't have the impression he was just a slot guy like Crowder. 

Isn't Crowder just a slot guy though, and doesn't Kirk line up on the outside a fair bit?  I admittedly don't know that much about Kirk but I didn't have the impression he was just a slot guy like Crowder. 
Kirk is meant for the slot, but blocked by Fitz.  He doesn't have an outside skillset imo which is part of the problem.

Crowder is indeed a slot guy.  He is capable of lining up wide, has been a better option than we've been using at various times over the past couple years, but he's best in the slot for sure.

I like Crowder as a player quite a bit when healthy.  Hasn't really translated to fantasy though.

Not to mention Kirk was a rookie, but their QB play isn’t encouraging.

2020 1st, Boyd, Davis, Kirk for me
Hard to say without knowing more details on that 2020 first but if it's just random as could be I'd go:

Davis, 2020 1st, Kirk and Boyd.

Davis has been off to a slow start but his season last year was almost identical to Boyd's first two seasons combined. Somethings just take time. Davis injuries set him back in year one and Mariotta's injuries contributed to setting him back last year. While I agree Mariotta has been an issue I think not playing with nerve damage in his throwing arm will help and if not I think things will work out in the sense they if he does not play better he may not get extended.

Kirk is meant for the slot, but blocked by Fitz.  He doesn't have an outside skillset imo which is part of the problem.

Crowder is indeed a slot guy.  He is capable of lining up wide, has been a better option than we've been using at various times over the past couple years, but he's best in the slot for sure.

I like Crowder as a player quite a bit when healthy.  Hasn't really translated to fantasy though.
Boyd, Kirk and Crowder are all mainly slot WR's but of those 3 it was Kirk who did not play out of the slot as much last year because as you said Fitz. Which to me makes his season more impressive because he was not playing his optimal position.

Boyd ran out of the slot 67% last year, Crowder was at 71% and Kirk around 21%.

Boyd, Kirk and Crowder are all mainly slot WR's but of those 3 it was Kirk who did not play out of the slot as much last year because as you said Fitz. Which to me makes his season more impressive because he was not playing his optimal position.

Boyd ran out of the slot 67% last year, Crowder was at 71% and Kirk around 21%.
Thanks for the percentages.  Didn't realize Boyd's was that high to be honest.

Do you have any concerns about Kirk's broken foot?

^agree that Mariota may not get extended, but they'd still need a competent QB to replace him.  If Davis treads water another year and has a rookie or boring vet QB thrust on him, what will his value be then?  Less than Boyd's is my guess.

I like Kirk fine enough, just don't see much of a ceiling.  Drafted him in a couple spots on contending teams, but eventually packaged him in deals to make a championship push on both squads.  Same question...if Rosen struggles again (which is likely IMO) and he doesn't improve statistically, what's his value heading into year 3?  Perhaps I'm too low on him though...should look at his season more closely.  

I'd still prefer the random 1st over any of them.  2020 looks to be a very solid draft as you mentioned and having an extra 1st provides a lot of flexibility to move up and get someone, even if it ends up being a late one.

My 2020/Boyd/Davis/Kirk rankings reflect the order I'd like to have them on my team without consideration to value.  In a trade I'd be asking for the Boyd owner to add something to give up Davis, and Kirk is worth a late 1st on his own in theory...and to flip it around, Davis should fetch more than a late 1st while Boyd and Kirk are similar...so I don't love the value of the trade much.  But from the angle of getting your guys, those are the assets I prefer.  

Traded Michael Gallup for Courtland Sutton.

Originally offered Damien Williams for Sutton, but that was rejected, and the other team said that they would want someone like Gallup for him. So, I offered that.  Both of us are getting rid of Gallup/Sutton after disappointing rookie years, but I decided to take the chance on Sutton's talent long-term.

Thanks for the percentages.  Didn't realize Boyd's was that high to be honest.

Do you have any concerns about Kirk's broken foot?

^agree that Mariota may not get extended, but they'd still need a competent QB to replace him.  If Davis treads water another year and has a rookie or boring vet QB thrust on him, what will his value be then?  Less than Boyd's is my guess.

I like Kirk fine enough, just don't see much of a ceiling.  Drafted him in a couple spots on contending teams, but eventually packaged him in deals to make a championship push on both squads.  Same question...if Rosen struggles again (which is likely IMO) and he doesn't improve statistically, what's his value heading into year 3?  Perhaps I'm too low on him though...should look at his season more closely.  

I'd still prefer the random 1st over any of them.  2020 looks to be a very solid draft as you mentioned and having an extra 1st provides a lot of flexibility to move up and get someone, even if it ends up being a late one.

My 2020/Boyd/Davis/Kirk rankings reflect the order I'd like to have them on my team without consideration to value.  In a trade I'd be asking for the Boyd owner to add something to give up Davis, and Kirk is worth a late 1st on his own in theory...and to flip it around, Davis should fetch more than a late 1st while Boyd and Kirk are similar...so I don't love the value of the trade much.  But from the angle of getting your guys, those are the assets I prefer.  
Any foot issue is a little concern but no not overly concerned about Kirks, I keep hearing his prognosis looks encouraging. 

Boyd plays with a boring vet QB already so should Davis find himself with similar I still won't downgrade him as worse then Boyd.  I think Davis has more upside, Boyd just had a better season. You mentioned Kirk's ceiling  not being high and I actually feel like Boyd and Kirk have fairly low ceilings. 

I'm not as convinced as you that Rosen will struggle. Big reason I'm higher on Kirk is Kingsbury who I think can help Rosen but they need to improve the OL in a major way. Also Kingsbury could be in over his head, we'll see, I'm not big on the hire as a whole but I think he knows offenses.

I'd add the following. In every single league of mine if someone offered me a random 2020 first for Kirk or Boyd I'd take the pick. If someone offered me a random first for Corey some leagues I'd take it in a few leagues, but Corey would be kept on majority. We are talking about a potential top 4 pick in 2020, it would swing the other way.

FFPC, not involved

Phillip Lindsay and Chris Herndon

for

Kupp, 2.07, 2.10, 5.04

Also another deal with different owners

Carlos Hyde for a 2020 7th rounder 

Users who are viewing this thread