What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

It’s the 5.11 that seals this deal.  Can’t see it being done without that in there for balance.
a little surprised at how everyone has taken the Evans side. Which piece is off?? In startup dynasty ADP Evans is wr6 somewhere ~ pick 13, Allen is wr 9-10 ~ pick20. Allen is 1 year older than Evans. Pick 2 vs pick should be a substantial difference once the NFL draft is over. All the calculators seem to like the Allen side by a small margin. Are you guys thinking Evans is that much better than Evans?? see not much value in moving up from 9 to 2? Even if you don't want to draft at 2, 2 can be flipped after the nfl draft for a decent amount, rookie hype will begin once landing spots are final.

a little surprised at how everyone has taken the Evans side. Which piece is off?? In startup dynasty ADP Evans is wr6 somewhere ~ pick 13, Allen is wr 9-10 ~ pick20. Allen is 1 year older than Evans. Pick 2 vs pick should be a substantial difference once the NFL draft is over. All the calculators seem to like the Allen side by a small margin. Are you guys thinking Evans is that much better than Evans?? see not much value in moving up from 9 to 2? Even if you don't want to draft at 2, 2 can be flipped after the nfl draft for a decent amount, rookie hype will begin once landing spots are final.
Agreed I’ll take the Allen side.

Wow. From what I have seen this offseason, Evans is equal to Allen and the 1.2 by himself.  
Just curious, I only made 1 deal for Evans this offseason and I paid JuJu for Evans and 1.9 which I though was a reasonable price. I haven't seen anyone asking huge prices for Evans so wondering if my deal was an anomaly and what kind of prices you are seeing

as I mentioned earlier, I gave up Evans + 2020 1st (should be late) and 2nd for Odell. (10 team ppr)

I absolutely LOVE evans, and never would've made the deal if it wasnt to the Browns. I had to 'overpay' a bit, but i dont regret it at all. In PPR, Beckham has unlimited potential now imo

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team TE premium PPR

Sent S. Watkins, 2020 2nd (late)

Received 2019 2.02, 2020 2nd (early), two early 2019 4ths
Another trade involving Watkins. This one is a 12 team PPR dynasty (not TE premium):

Team A gave S. Watkins and G. Olsen

Team B gave Goedert, Tre'Quan Smith and pick 4.04

Another trade involving Watkins. This one is a 12 team PPR dynasty (not TE premium):

Team A gave S. Watkins and G. Olsen

Team B gave Goedert, Tre'Quan Smith and pick 4.04
Ill jump on this band wagon

12 team ppr

Sent Landry, Watkins

Got Kerryon, Enunwa, 2.05, 2.06

Just curious, I only made 1 deal for Evans this offseason and I paid JuJu for Evans and 1.9 which I though was a reasonable price. I haven't seen anyone asking huge prices for Evans so wondering if my deal was an anomaly and what kind of prices you are seeing
Not a ton of deals because of the asking price being so high. It was through offers and counters that I pieced together my value. I haven't seen any teams not have Evans as around the #3 or 4 WR in dynasty. Allen seems to be considerably less valued.  JuJu is between those 2 in value it seems. I think you fleeced him. The pick should have been on the other side.  However I am also lower on Pitt's offense than anyone else for this coming year. The wheels are coming off.  

I like this draft a lot so the 1.2 is a nice piece. I think Allen is a falling value. WIlliams is looking better, Henry is back and they may even draft a WR reasonably high.  I think Evans is going to go up. Arians is an unbelievable offense coach. What he did in AZ with Palmer was unreal. Evans is one of maybe 3 or 4 Wr's that can put up 340 plus this year in ppr.  Also, the 1.9 in this years draft is really solid. 

Regarding the Allen/Evans deal, two things stick out to me.

Allen is a toxic asset, I can't find anyone willing to pay his "value" in any of the leagues I own him.  I don't know what it is about him that makes other owners feel this way, but I've resigned myself to just riding out his sexy, sexy production.

Evans is a unicorn.  He's produced at stupidly high levels every year of his career and now he has Bruce Arians running the show.  Evans owners do not want to be left holding the bag so to speak, so they are asking high prices for him (deservedly, I would say).

I prefer the Evans side right now but for sure don't have the strong reaction others do and believe your side will look better to the masses in as soon as 14-15 days and might be enough to alter opinions and flip someone like myself to preferring your side.

I think it's difficult right now actually getting a feel for the difference between the 2 and the 9.  I'm sure it will exist when all is said and done, just a matter of  if that difference will be slight or significant and it's possible such a significant difference can exist this deal would not be available to you post-draft.

12 team PPR

Traded Trubisky & 2.11

Received: 1.10 & 2.10

Felt that was great value in a 1 start QB league, but other team only had Tannehill at QB (I have Luck, Winston, and L. Jackson) 

None of the bolded matters - Rivers locks into his top WR year in and year out.
It does matter when talking about top end possibilities. I like Allen to be around 250 or so in ppr. He is very solid. But targets are of huge importance to get to be a top 5 Wr. 

12 team PPR

Traded Trubisky & 2.11

Received: 1.10 & 2.10

Felt that was great value in a 1 start QB league, but other team only had Tannehill at QB (I have Luck, Winston, and L. Jackson) 
A few weeks ago I gave 3.12 for Trubisky which seemed about right to me so would have to agree 1.10 is pretty good value pus you had no need.  Oddly  enough if you sub out Luck for Mahomes the team I acquired Trubisky from had the same 4 QB's as you had before making the trade.

A few weeks ago I gave 3.12 for Trubisky which seemed about right to me so would have to agree 1.10 is pretty good value pus you had no need.  Oddly  enough if you sub out Luck for Mahomes the team I acquired Trubisky from had the same 4 QB's as you had before making the trade.
I wish I could sub Luck for Mahomes ;)

It does matter when talking about top end possibilities. I like Allen to be around 250 or so in ppr. He is very solid. But targets are of huge importance to get to be a top 5 Wr. 
I think you either did not read what I wrote or did not understand it. Allen's targets aren't changing no matter who is injured or who isn't.

I think you either did not read what I wrote or did not understand it. Allen's targets aren't changing no matter who is injured or who isn't.
I read it and disagree. Having better options will hurt Allen some. He is not a transcendent talents like Julio, Beckham, etc.  But even with the same number that is still 260 points in PPR. Solid, but not top 10 last year. Evans outscored him by  1.8 ppg last year also. I think the reason so many people are looking at trading away Allen is because he is a declining asset. He also is a little higher injury risk it seems. 

I read it and disagree. Having better options will hurt Allen some. He is not a transcendent talents like Julio, Beckham, etc.  But even with the same number that is still 260 points in PPR. Solid, but not top 10 last year. Evans outscored him by  1.8 ppg last year also. I think the reason so many people are looking at trading away Allen is because he is a declining asset. He also is a little higher injury risk it seems. 
you keep saying declining asset for Allen vs. Evans is not. Allen is 1 year older than Evans. So really your argument is that you expect Allen's targets to decline due to better options and Arians to improve TB's passing numbers for Evans? If that is the case I understand your preference, not sure I completely agree on the Allen side, but I think calling Allen a declining asset is a little off. Just my opinion.

you keep saying declining asset for Allen vs. Evans is not. Allen is 1 year older than Evans. So really your argument is that you expect Allen's targets to decline due to better options and Arians to improve TB's passing numbers for Evans? If that is the case I understand your preference, not sure I completely agree on the Allen side, but I think calling Allen a declining asset is a little off. Just my opinion.
You are right. I didn't explain that well.  My belief is that he is declining because I think his points go down a little and a few other guys move up. By ppg last year he was Wr 18. I think he is seen as considerably better than that already. His injury past also can't be discounted. 

I think the reason so many people are looking at trading away Allen is because he is a declining asset.
Where is this coming from? Allen is only a declining asset in the sense that every player is declining to some degree (if we're talking age). He's 26 about to turn 27.

Where is this coming from? Allen is only a declining asset in the sense that every player is declining to some degree (if we're talking age). He's 26 about to turn 27.
Perceived value is important in a dynasty league also. In my leagues he has been offered a lot. I just don't think there is a lot of faith in him. I have been wrong before, may be here also. 

Sure it could. Unless you get points deducted for past injuries. Is he somehow more susceptible to injury moving forward?
You don't think someone who has a history of injury has a higher possibility for future injury?  I definitely do. Some people can't keep up with the grind that is the NFL.  It is possible those were just flukes, sure, but it also could be more. He has been pretty healthy these last 2 seasons so that could continue. But I think the past injuries have to be factored in. 

You don't think someone who has a history of injury has a higher possibility for future injury?  I definitely do. Some people can't keep up with the grind that is the NFL.  It is possible those were just flukes, sure, but it also could be more. He has been pretty healthy these last 2 seasons so that could continue. But I think the past injuries have to be factored in. 
He's missed significant time twice in his career. Once with a kidney injury and once with an ACL tear during Week 1 - one is a fluky injury and one is something that happens to a lot of players. So, no I do not think he has a higher possibility for future injury.

On that note here are a couple more from the same league (FFPC style disbanding after jackpot season in 2020):

Team A gave Mike Davis

Team B gave 2020 2nd

Team C gave ASJ, 2.12

Team D gave 2.06
Gave Penny and 1.12 for DJ Moore and 2.09. And I can stash Moore on my taxi. Saved a roster spot.

Perceived value is important in a dynasty league also. In my leagues he has been offered a lot. I just don't think there is a lot of faith in him. I have been wrong before, may be here also. 
I'll vouch for that.  I think they're close but one is HOT and the other is persona non grata in my recent experiences.

I shopped Allen as part of a package recently.  One comment was "old and tied to older, no way".  It was very difficult to get a deal done.

I don't agree with that assessment at all, but that's the temperature of the room I was in.

skinfanjon said:
I'll vouch for that.  I think they're close but one is HOT and the other is persona non grata in my recent experiences.

I shopped Allen as part of a package recently.  One comment was "old and tied to older, no way".  It was very difficult to get a deal done.

I don't agree with that assessment at all, but that's the temperature of the room I was in.
Agree. When I had him he wasn't a guy most were interested in. Comments were injury prone and the feeling the SD will run the ball a lot and theres a lot more competition for targets. He seems to be seen as a volume guy and flat out kinda boring.

12 team TE premium PPR

Sent A. Brown, A. Hooper

Received 1.09, 1.11, 2020 3rd, Tyrell Williams

Selling Brown sucks and ive always liked Hooper, needed picks got the 1.09, 1.10, 1.11 and 2.02 now

Dr. Octopus said:
 Rivers locks into his top WR year in and year out.
Not really and honestly it's more compelling argument FOR Keenan Allen that's not the case. Allen is really the only WR that Rivers has ever locked onto, he's the only WR to ever get more then 120 target a season with Rivers which he's done multiple times.

First  trade- A.Brown and Parker  FOR  Cooper Kupp and Sammy Watkins

Second trade- D.Cook and Parker FOR Mack and Golladay 

So tell me if I did ok?  FWIW- I am happy.  2 upgrades for the 1.03 was worth it in my book.   I wanted to upgrade my WR corp. 12 Team Startup PPR  (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex)

Rest of Roster ==> QB: Mahomes, J Allen  RB: Bell, Chubb, La Murray  WR: AJG, M Lee, J Washington, Sanu, Tyrell Williams, Foster  TE: Cook, Hurst, Olsen 

He gave up Woods, Robert LAR WR; Njoku, David CLE TE

I gave up Shepard, Sterling NYG WR; Burton, Trey CHI TE; Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.03

So tell me if I did ok?  FWIW- I am happy.  2 upgrades for the 1.03 was worth it in my book.   I wanted to upgrade my WR corp. 12 Team Startup PPR  (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex)

Rest of Roster ==> QB: Mahomes, J Allen  RB: Bell, Chubb, La Murray  WR: AJG, M Lee, J Washington, Sanu, Tyrell Williams, Foster  TE: Cook, Hurst, Olsen 

I gave up Shepard, Sterling NYG WR; Burton, Trey CHI TE; Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.03
I'm maybe minority but I would have kept Shepard and the 1.3. Not saying Woods and Njoku aren't good players (they are) but I just think you gave more value than you got. 

First  trade- A.Brown and Parker  FOR  Cooper Kupp and Sammy Watkins

Second trade- D.Cook and Parker FOR Mack and Golladay 
Honestly, I hate both deals for you.  AB is still elite that you hope you can package 2 mediocre WR's for.  Kupp is volume based and Sammy just completely sucks.  Cook is the upgrade you hope for when trading Mack away, and if you have to give up Golladay for that, so be it.  I also like Parker enough as a flier throw in type.  I like Mack and Golladay quite a bit, but their ceilings are capped, Dalvin's is only capped by that offensive line which should be much improved.  

Give me Shepard and 1.03.  Burton is a useless add but I guess I'll keep him.  1.03 gets me AJ Brown very likely and I like him alone over Woods but it's very close.  That leaves Shepard and Burton for Njoku, I like Njoku a lot as well but he's now the 4th option in that passing game and Baker doesn't throw to TE's as much, he'd rather sling it.  

I'm maybe minority but I would have kept Shepard and the 1.3. Not saying Woods and Njoku aren't good players (they are) but I just think you gave more value than you got. 
Appreciate the feedback, but I don't trust noodle arm Eli and the dysfunction NYG Offense (other than Saq).  I believe Shepard would be the 3rd target  behind Saq & Engram.  If/When a new QB arrives in the Meadowlands, will Shepard work with him or be more like Kelvin Benjamin?  I don't see him putting in the work now that he got his $$.  

Ok... it has been a busy morning....  Another deal....  

He gave up Mayfield, Baker CLE QB; Rivers, Philip LAC QB; Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick 

I gave up Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB

Kupp is volume based
Hate to take one comment out and pick on it but I don't really get this one.  I mean every player needs volume to some degree of course but when I think of the kind of player who needs volume I think of someone like Jarvis Landry who does not get much YPR or TD's and thus averages about 1.5 fantasy points per target in his career.  A guy like Edelman who catches a ton of short passes and is around 1.6 fantasy points per target. Those are volume based WR's. On the strength of over 14 yards a catch and a fairly high TD rate Kupp actually is elite in points per target  at 2.07 for his career. If you take his last 16 games he's at about 118 targets/80/1200/10. He is almost the opposite of a volume based WR to me.

He gave up Mayfield, Baker CLE QB; Rivers, Philip LAC QB; Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick 

Pray that 2020 is the 1.1 pick. Otherwise I hate it. 

I like the idea to trade Mahomes for Mayfield, would prefer just a strong WR instead of Rivers and Co, depends on 2020 1st, pending evaluation.

Pray that 2020 is the 1.1 pick. Otherwise I hate it. 
Disagree.  I love this one.  Great value for Mahomes in my opinion.  Even if there were not huge question marks surrounding Tyreek I would like this deal, but I love it given the uncertainty at WR and the fact that Damian Williams is the team's RB1.  This offense will take a step back in my opinion.  Full year of tape on Mahomes and the surrounding cast is disintegrating around him.  Dont take this to mean I dont still love Mahomes and have him as the overall top QB - I do.  I just think this is excellent value for him.  Baker is a stud and now has arguably the best WR in the league to throw to on a seriously up and coming team.  Tre'Quan is probably not special, but he is serviceable - especially given his presumed role in that offense.  All I am reading is that 2020 is going to be a great fantasy draft.  I am just going off of what I have read here, I dont know poop about college ball.  If thats so, I love this haul for Mahomes.  But I am one who does not think Baker is a huge downgrade from Mahomes, so that plays a lot into my position on this.

Disagree.  I love this one.  Great value for Mahomes in my opinion.  Even if there were not huge question marks surrounding Tyreek I would like this deal, but I love it given the uncertainty at WR and the fact that Damian Williams is the team's RB1.  This offense will take a step back in my opinion.  Full year of tape on Mahomes and the surrounding cast is disintegrating around him.  Dont take this to mean I dont still love Mahomes and have him as the overall top QB - I do.  I just think this is excellent value for him.  Baker is a stud and now has arguably the best WR in the league to throw to on a seriously up and coming team.  Tre'Quan is probably not special, but he is serviceable - especially given his presumed role in that offense.  All I am reading is that 2020 is going to be a great fantasy draft.  I am just going off of what I have read here, I dont know poop about college ball.  If thats so, I love this haul for Mahomes.  But I am one who does not think Baker is a huge downgrade from Mahomes, so that plays a lot into my position on this.
I appreciate the feedback.   

Bold was my take.  I wanted a WR upgrade but all they were willing to part with was John Brown Buf or Tre'Quan.  Went youth & high passing offense.  

My only problem now is with Mayfield, Chubb & Njoku am I to Cleveland oriented!  

Users who are viewing this thread