Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

7 hours ago, Drezden said:

First  trade- A.Brown and Parker  FOR  Cooper Kupp and Sammy Watkins

Second trade- D.Cook and Parker FOR Mack and Golladay 

Honestly, I hate both deals for you.  AB is still elite that you hope you can package 2 mediocre WR's for.  Kupp is volume based and Sammy just completely sucks.  Cook is the upgrade you hope for when trading Mack away, and if you have to give up Golladay for that, so be it.  I also like Parker enough as a flier throw in type.  I like Mack and Golladay quite a bit, but their ceilings are capped, Dalvin's is only capped by that offensive line which should be much improved.  

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

So tell me if I did ok?  FWIW- I am happy.  2 upgrades for the 1.03 was worth it in my book.   I wanted to upgrade my WR corp. 12 Team Startup PPR  (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex)

Rest of Roster ==> QB: Mahomes, J Allen  RB: Bell, Chubb, La Murray  WR: AJG, M Lee, J Washington, Sanu, Tyrell Williams, Foster  TE: Cook, Hurst, Olsen 

He gave up Woods, Robert LAR WR; Njoku, David CLE TE

I gave up Shepard, Sterling NYG WR; Burton, Trey CHI TE; Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.03

Give me Shepard and 1.03.  Burton is a useless add but I guess I'll keep him.  1.03 gets me AJ Brown very likely and I like him alone over Woods but it's very close.  That leaves Shepard and Burton for Njoku, I like Njoku a lot as well but he's now the 4th option in that passing game and Baker doesn't throw to TE's as much, he'd rather sling it.  

51 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I'm maybe minority but I would have kept Shepard and the 1.3. Not saying Woods and Njoku aren't good players (they are) but I just think you gave more value than you got. 

Appreciate the feedback, but I don't trust noodle arm Eli and the dysfunction NYG Offense (other than Saq).  I believe Shepard would be the 3rd target  behind Saq & Engram.  If/When a new QB arrives in the Meadowlands, will Shepard work with him or be more like Kelvin Benjamin?  I don't see him putting in the work now that he got his $$.  

Ok... it has been a busy morning....  Another deal....  

He gave up Mayfield, Baker CLE QB; Rivers, Philip LAC QB; Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick 

I gave up Mahomes, Patrick KCC QB

40 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Kupp is volume based

Hate to take one comment out and pick on it but I don't really get this one.  I mean every player needs volume to some degree of course but when I think of the kind of player who needs volume I think of someone like Jarvis Landry who does not get much YPR or TD's and thus averages about 1.5 fantasy points per target in his career.  A guy like Edelman who catches a ton of short passes and is around 1.6 fantasy points per target. Those are volume based WR's. On the strength of over 14 yards a catch and a fairly high TD rate Kupp actually is elite in points per target  at 2.07 for his career. If you take his last 16 games he's at about 118 targets/80/1200/10. He is almost the opposite of a volume based WR to me.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

He gave up Mayfield, Baker CLE QB; Rivers, Philip LAC QB; Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick 

Pray that 2020 is the 1.1 pick. Otherwise I hate it. 

43 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

I like the idea to trade Mahomes for Mayfield, would prefer just a strong WR instead of Rivers and Co, depends on 2020 1st, pending evaluation.

Edited by Drezden

5 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Pray that 2020 is the 1.1 pick. Otherwise I hate it. 

Disagree.  I love this one.  Great value for Mahomes in my opinion.  Even if there were not huge question marks surrounding Tyreek I would like this deal, but I love it given the uncertainty at WR and the fact that Damian Williams is the team's RB1.  This offense will take a step back in my opinion.  Full year of tape on Mahomes and the surrounding cast is disintegrating around him.  Dont take this to mean I dont still love Mahomes and have him as the overall top QB - I do.  I just think this is excellent value for him.  Baker is a stud and now has arguably the best WR in the league to throw to on a seriously up and coming team.  Tre'Quan is probably not special, but he is serviceable - especially given his presumed role in that offense.  All I am reading is that 2020 is going to be a great fantasy draft.  I am just going off of what I have read here, I dont know poop about college ball.  If thats so, I love this haul for Mahomes.  But I am one who does not think Baker is a huge downgrade from Mahomes, so that plays a lot into my position on this.

48 minutes ago, ChuckLiddell said:

Disagree.  I love this one.  Great value for Mahomes in my opinion.  Even if there were not huge question marks surrounding Tyreek I would like this deal, but I love it given the uncertainty at WR and the fact that Damian Williams is the team's RB1.  This offense will take a step back in my opinion.  Full year of tape on Mahomes and the surrounding cast is disintegrating around him.  Dont take this to mean I dont still love Mahomes and have him as the overall top QB - I do.  I just think this is excellent value for him.  Baker is a stud and now has arguably the best WR in the league to throw to on a seriously up and coming team.  Tre'Quan is probably not special, but he is serviceable - especially given his presumed role in that offense.  All I am reading is that 2020 is going to be a great fantasy draft.  I am just going off of what I have read here, I dont know poop about college ball.  If thats so, I love this haul for Mahomes.  But I am one who does not think Baker is a huge downgrade from Mahomes, so that plays a lot into my position on this.

I appreciate the feedback.   

Bold was my take.  I wanted a WR upgrade but all they were willing to part with was John Brown Buf or Tre'Quan.  Went youth & high passing offense.  

My only problem now is with Mayfield, Chubb & Njoku am I to Cleveland oriented!  

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

I think Baker and a random 2020 #1, so long as it's not a lead pipe late first lock, is equitable for Mahomes right now and as ChuckLiddel was referencing if Hill is suspended or Chiefs elect to not extend him after this season I'd take Baker and any 2020#1 for him. Mahomes is pretty special but I'm surprised in all the Tyreek Hill talk that more focus has not been put on the impact his potential absence would have on Mahomes, as if it's just an issue for Tyreek Hill owners if he is not playing with the Chiefs next year or long term. I think it's debatable which one helps the other more but the pairing is a match made in heaven.

9 hours ago, Drezden said:

First  trade- A.Brown and Parker  FOR  Cooper Kupp and Sammy Watkins

Second trade- D.Cook and Parker FOR Mack and Golladay 

Prefer the side that got the best asset in both of these deals.  AB and Cook.

4 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

So tell me if I did ok?  FWIW- I am happy.  2 upgrades for the 1.03 was worth it in my book.   I wanted to upgrade my WR corp. 12 Team Startup PPR  (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex)

Rest of Roster ==> QB: Mahomes, J Allen  RB: Bell, Chubb, La Murray  WR: AJG, M Lee, J Washington, Sanu, Tyrell Williams, Foster  TE: Cook, Hurst, Olsen 

He gave up Woods, Robert LAR WR; Njoku, David CLE TE

I gave up Shepard, Sterling NYG WR; Burton, Trey CHI TE; Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.03

Again, prefer getting the better players.  Give me Woods and Njoku for essentially nothing and a draft dart throw every single time.

2 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

Small league or large league?  If it's 12 or under, I think that's an amazing get for Mahomes, and I don't even like Baker very much.

2 hours ago, menobrown said:

Hate to take one comment out and pick on it but I don't really get this one.  I mean every player needs volume to some degree of course but when I think of the kind of player who needs volume I think of someone like Jarvis Landry who does not get much YPR or TD's and thus averages about 1.5 fantasy points per target in his career.  A guy like Edelman who catches a ton of short passes and is around 1.6 fantasy points per target. Those are volume based WR's. On the strength of over 14 yards a catch and a fairly high TD rate Kupp actually is elite in points per target  at 2.07 for his career. If you take his last 16 games he's at about 118 targets/80/1200/10. He is almost the opposite of a volume based WR to me.

In 2017 according to playerprofiler Kupp was #47 in air yards and #50 in target depth.  The reason he did well is because of his quickness where he was #12 in YAC and #3 in Red Zone receptions.  All of that points to a security blanket of underneath routes for Goff.  Nothing wrong with that, but yes the Jarvis Landry comp is accurate.

He's a pumped up Jarvis Landry to me so yes I think of him when I think of Landry and put them in the "volume based" category in my mind.  He's a more efficient player than Landry is but that is what he is.  A glorified #2 who will come down to earth.  Buy him if you want, but I don't see longevity here.  I see solid production and an eventual downfall in a few years time.  He'll have his moments to be a top WR but it won't last.  

2 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

will Shepard work with him or be more like Kelvin Benjamin?  I don't see him putting in the work now that he got his $$.  

What are you basing that on? I guess you could end up being right but Shepard has never come across that way - seems like a pretty level-headed and humble kid.

29 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

What are you basing that on? I guess you could end up being right but Shepard has never come across that way - seems like a pretty level-headed and humble kid.

Based on him getting paid already.  He got more $ than was necessary.  If the NYG are not looking like contenders in next 2-3 years, or even have winning records....  he does not have to excel or put himself out there more than necessary. No sacrifice of the body necessary for team going no where.  Yes, he does appear to be a level headed kid, but when you change the key person in your position (OBJ), and the key Def (L Collins), you cannot expect hims to show long term loyalty or commitment to the organization.  He got paid.  What does he do when Eli is replaced?  I don't expect much... not much more than minimum anyway.  

1 hour ago, Sugar Huddle said:

This went down in my league today: 12 team 25 man roster ppr

team A gave TY Hilton and 2020 2nd round pick

team B gave CKupp, LMiller, and E St. Brown

Hilton>Kupp

2nd=Lamar/ESB

Therefore i’ll take Hilton

3 hours ago, jeaton6 said:

12 Team PPR:

Team A: Got Carson, 1.6, 1.9

Team B: Got Dalvin, 2.9

I'd probably lean Dalvin because I'm a fan, but that's really not a bad return for him - 2 firsts and a pretty good starter.

2 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

who u trying to get w those picks

Felt my team needed WRs more than Henry (although I do like Henry) so trying to keep an open mind come draft time but leading towards WRs. Current Roster (we start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1flex) 

Big Ben, Wentz, Darnold 
Barkley, Guice, Lindsay, Gio, Lewis 
AB, Mike Williams, Sutton, Pettis, Crowder, Samuel, Quinn 
Howard, Cook, Gesicki 
Picks 1.8, 1.10, 1.11, 2.2, 2.8

12 team PPR.  Start 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-2 TE (Total of 5 between RB, WR, TE), Kicker, Defense.  20 man rosters.

Team A gave: Sony Michel, R. Burkhead, D. Watson

Team B gave: 1.2, 2.01, 2.11, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd, 2020 3rd

Startup was 1 month ago so hard to know where the 2020 picks will end up.

1 hour ago, smbkrypt24 said:

12 team PPR.  Start 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-2 TE (Total of 5 between RB, WR, TE), Kicker, Defense.  20 man rosters.

I'll take the players over the picks by a lot.  

1 hour ago, smbkrypt24 said:

That's a lot of picks for those players...some pretty nice picks too. It would depend what the rest of my roster is- if I needed wr and could afford to lose Michel. 

I'd probably take the players

14 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

12 Team tiered PPR Superflex start 11 - QRRWWWTSFFF

Cam Newton and 2.04

For

Will Fuller, 2020 1st (likely Mid) 1.09, and 2.09

Not involved

Not going to replace cam with two mid late firsts in a superflex, and pick 16 in sf is probably going to be a tier up from 2.9. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR

Team A gets: Gurley

Team B gets: Kerryon Johnson & Derrick Henry 

I don't see a problem with the value on this trade for Gurley but I'm just not a Henry guy. If you could sub out Henry for someone of comparable value I'd prefer that side.

2 hours ago, smbkrypt24 said:

As lopsided a trade as I've seen posted here recently.

1 minute ago, menobrown said:

Assumed it would be a given that the value was on the picks.

With 2 people already in this thread stating they prefer the players I am not sure why you would just assume everyone "knows" the picks win and leave your post as ambiguous as possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

With 2 people already in this thread stating they prefer the players I am not sure why you would just assume everyone "knows" the picks win and leave your post as ambiguous as possible.

Why you getting so snippy? I'm not a group think person and did not know I had to read other posts before responding.  You asked me for clarification and I gave it, time to let it go.

51 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Why you getting so snippy? I'm not a group think person and did not know I had to read other posts before responding.  You asked me for clarification and I gave it, time to let it go.

Didn't mean to get snippy. Just wanted to know your opinion.

It is ironic though that you don't subject yourself to group think, but you leave a post ambiguous because you think everyone will know which way you are thinking.  I am not sure I understand.

Edited by smbkrypt24

3 hours ago, smbkrypt24 said:

Easy win for the team getting picks. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

As lopsided a trade as I've seen posted here recently.

Team A gave: Sony Michel, R. Burkhead, D. Watson

Michel and Watson are picks 30 and 31 in mfl adps, and 28 and 51 in fantasypros consensus rankings. Michel is rb13 in both, and Watson iis qb2.  

We just had a discussion in which you said Jacobs was roughly rb20 in your estimation.  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/773469-josh-jacobs-dynasty-rb/?do=findComment&comment=21834873

So i think - by your valuation - michel is worth significantly more than 1.2, because Jacobs may not even be available at 1.2. 

You won't be able to easily replace Watson with a random first round pick next year. You might get a highly regarded young qb but replacing the number 2 dynasty qb with a pick next year isn't something you should assume is possible. 

Call burkhead the 2020 3rd. 

So you're getting 2.1, 2.11 and a future 2nd to downgrade from rb13 to rb20 and from qb2 to a random future first.  

That's not nearly enough.  I think you either are low on Michel and Watson, or you've got rookie fever.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Team A gave: Sony Michel, R. Burkhead, D. Watson

Michel and Watson are picks 30 and 31 in mfl adps, and 28 and 51 in fantasypros consensus rankings. Michel is rb13 in both, and Watson iis qb2.  

We just had a discussion in which you said Jacobs was roughly rb20 in your estimation.  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/773469-josh-jacobs-dynasty-rb/?do=findComment&comment=21834873

So i think - by your valuation - michel is worth significantly more than 1.2, because Jacobs may not even be available at 1.2. 

You won't be able to easily replace Watson with a random first round pick next year. You might get a highly regarded young qb but replacing the number 2 dynasty qb with a pick next year isn't something you should assume is possible. 

Call burkhead the 2020 3rd. 

So you're getting 2.1, 2.11 and a future 2nd to downgrade from rb13 to rb20 and from qb2 to a random future first.  

That's not nearly enough.  I think you either are low on Michel and Watson, or you've got rookie fever.  

this was how i looked at it. I am low on Watson and Michel but overall they have known value. The rookie picks are shots in the dark. And I'm very much a draft pick person. I also don't understand trading 2 players you can build a dynasty team around for draft picks... unless this team completely blew it at the start up draft and is going into rebuild mode right off the start

Edited by Dr. Dan

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****