What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (27 Viewers)

12 team PPR IDP league

K Allen LAC WR, J Howard Phil RB'

For

T Cohen Chi Rb, K Ballage Mia RB and 2020 1st round pick
Allen side easy unless that pick is a top 3 2020 1st (which, of you are trading a 2020 pick for Allen, you're likely a contender)

Cohen is overrated IMO and possibly in for a big down year. I see him and Howard possibly producing equal this year. so then its ballage and a 2020 1st for Allen, which I would take Allen every time 

Last edited by a moderator:
Zealots non-ppr IDP

Gave: Le'Veon Bell/2.11/3.1

Got: Leonard Fournette/2.1

Depends on how you feel about LF, I guess. I think he and Bell are about even in non-ppr and wanted to get up to the 2.1

Now I have picks 1, 7, 11, and 13.

Zealots non-ppr IDP

Depends on how you feel about LF, I guess. I think he and Bell are about even in non-ppr and wanted to get up to the 2.1

I see Bell blowing up this year, I’ll take him (and the headaches he may bring) over an oft injured, in trouble with the law, head case like LF any day. I’d need a 2020 1 on top at least to take LF in this one.

skinfanjon said:
I feel like we're comparing a top 10-15 WR to a top 10-15 RB.  Allen has more track record which is why I'm giving the .25
I don't think yours is the consensus opinion but i like seeing you put yourself out there.  I get nervous with the little backs - it seems like they can get low end rb1 numbers but there's not much upside for a 181 lb back. It's like the deep threat receiver - he might be really good but he still only averages 6 rushes and 5 catches a game, so there's going to be a lot of bad weeks. But he's a really good one, and the team just moved on from their supposed rb1, so maybe his role expands. If you're confident in him, i think you can get him for deals like the one we're talking about, and that 2020 pick could be pretty valuable.  

Soulfly3 said:
Did crowder not just go to the Jets?

Darnold is going to be hitting him in stride about 80x this season. He's the safety valve, imo. WOuldnt be trading him unless it was really worth it
I will believe it when I see it. 67 recpts is his career high to date. Anderson, Enunmwa, Herndon all will get feed as well. 80 seems extremely optimistic. 

Zealots non-ppr IDP

Is anybody else worried about Fournette's future with the Jags based on Coughlin's comments and LF's minor(?) legal troubles? 

I would pick him up at a discount, but this trade seems like getting LF at full price to me.

Is anybody else worried about Fournette's future with the Jags based on Coughlin's comments and LF's minor(?) legal troubles? 

I would pick him up at a discount, but this trade seems like getting LF at full price to me.
Obviously not, for me. I think Coughlin has always been a blowhard and he knows LF is a good player who gives his team a better chance to win. And his legal "issues" are slow of season media fodder but don't amount to anything.

As I expected, the critique of the trade (and I don't necessarily think it's wrong) boiled down to comparing best case scenario for Bell and worst for Fournette.

To me, Bell's value drops quite a bit in non-ppr. And although I like Darnold, I still think the offense as a whole will struggle.

Yes, but I dont think it matters in this trade. If LF has a meltdown and flames out due to league troubles, IMO ots probably about the same time Bell is done. I expect them to produce relatively the same. So it's a wash

This isnt a trade I'd make (I'd find a different way to get 2.1 or I'd flip Fournette if I could), but it could be a sell high on Bell too. Guy hasnt played in over a year. 

I do like this trade for Andy. as long as he picks the right guy at 2.1!

He was RB 11 just last year
I’d have to look that up but as some one who owned him last season he was very frustrating as he would have some huge games and a lot of games that killed you.

There’s no way I’d want him as my RB1 or even RB2. I like him. I think he’s a fun player to watch and don’t mind having him rostered (since he may still have some upside) - but I don’t think his usage translates into a guy you can depended on week in and week out.

Maybe that changes this year and I’ll have to eat these words but I don’t see how one can rank him top 15.

FFPC

Diggs and OJ Howard

for

Michael Thomas, Greg Olsen, 3.9
I take MT here but I think it's close.  He's basically the only top dynasty WR without a clear long term plan.  Nuk has Watson, OBJ has Baker, Davante has Rodgers.  MT has Brees who we assume is pretty close to out the door.  I can see someone preferring the Diggs/OJ side in that case.  

Team A trades Mike Gesicki, Demaryius Thomas,  2020 2nd (likely late)

Team B trades Dallas Goedert

12 Team PPR non-IDP
I think it's fair. Not sure when the window will open for Goedert. Gesicki may start consistently producing this year. New coaching staff is the wildcard. 2020 2nd, even late, is makes the trade pretty fair to me. 

Team A trades Mike Gesicki, Demaryius Thomas,  2020 2nd (likely late)

Team B trades Dallas Goedert

12 Team PPR non-IDP
seems high for Goedert who was considered a wait and see prospect (even more so being drafted to Philadelphia) and now that Gesicki has the opportunity I would think those cancel each other out.  If I have the roster space, I'll take the 3 pieces.  

I take MT here but I think it's close.  He's basically the only top dynasty WR without a clear long term plan.  Nuk has Watson, OBJ has Baker, Davante has Rodgers.  MT has Brees who we assume is pretty close to out the door.  I can see someone preferring the Diggs/OJ side in that case.  
JuJu?

Yes, but I dont think it matters in this trade. If LF has a meltdown and flames out due to league troubles, IMO ots probably about the same time Bell is done. I expect them to produce relatively the same. So it's a wash

This isnt a trade I'd make (I'd find a different way to get 2.1 or I'd flip Fournette if I could), but it could be a sell high on Bell too. Guy hasnt played in over a year. 

I do like this trade for Andy. as long as he picks the right guy at 2.1!
I have to disagree with this. Bell just turned 27, so if he declines in his age 30 season he still has 3-4 years left of peak production. LF is, imo, on thin ice in Jacksonville. This season he has to produce to the level they expect from him or he is facing competition from a rookie in a potentially very good 2020 RB draft class.2020 is the last year of his rookie contract, so they can cut him after it. Imo, Bell is much more of a "sure thing" than LF. In a trade I like to bet on talent and in that category, LF is nowhere near Bell.

Tell me again who was blocking Geisicki last year? He's awful and Goedert is going to be a stud. You go ahead and take the awful guy and I'll wait on the stud.
Agreed.  Unless rosters are really thin I would rather wait on Goedert, who looks like the real deal, than go after Gesicki and his opportunity now.  As a Dolphins' fan I was not impressed with Gesicki last year.

Short of running an actual study on the matter, really good TEs and early elite efficiency seem to correlate pretty well at TE in particular, and Goedert was crazy efficient last year and looked the part while doing it.

Agreed.  Unless rosters are really thin I would rather wait on Goedert, who looks like the real deal, than go after Gesicki and his opportunity now.  As a Dolphins' fan I was not impressed with Gesicki last year.
And really while we both used the term wait in FFPC redrafts I'd point out  Goedert is blowing away Geiski's ADP.  I actually think Goedert is getting drafted a bit high in redraft right now, but even getting blocked by Ertz I'd bank on him for immediate production over Gesicki.

Full disclaimer on my part. I comped Gesicki to Fleener coming into the league. Workout numbers are similar, both impressive, but both looked super soft to me. So for me this is not a normal case of waiting for a TE I believe in to develop. I did not like Gesicki coming into the league and a year into I just did not see anything to change my mind.

I like Goedert well enough, just don’t like that he’ll be 28 before even having the chance to be the guy in Philly, and it’s not at all unreasonable to think that Philly keeps Ertz around beyond 2021 as well.  Just too many what ifs on him for me to really covet him at a price higher than what he was available for in rookie drafts last year.  

another FFPC deal

Kittle and Stills

for 

E Engram, 2020 1st
Interesting deal. I'd want to make this deal for Engram and a 2020#1 if I owned Kittle but not sure I'd be able. Would boil down to my team in that league, where it stood and of course what that 2020 pick looked like. I would not give Engram and my  2020#1st for Kittle no matter the team makeup at this time but I can't stand giving up my future #1's.

kittenmittens said:
No way.  Allen is worth 3 Cohens.  The 2020 1st doesn't do enough to get you from Cohen to Allen. 

Howard and Ballage are about equally worthless right now, but Ballage has more upside. 
At first I thought Allen by a bunch, but I think I was hasty.  I still prefer that side, but I would want to know where the 2020 pick was apt to be.  I also realize I don't like Cohen quite as much as other folks.

Cohen is a top 10/15 RB?
In PPR, sure.  He was RB11 last year PPG on just 99 carries.  They just jettisoned Howard, only brought in Mike Davis, and don't have 1st or 2nd round picks this year.  He wasn't particularly big-play reliant either, averaging a healthy 1.48 PPTouch.  4.4 and 10.2 yards per carry/catch are entirely repeatable.  He could end up seeing a sizeable increase in rushes, and if they get him 100 targets he's a pretty sure bet to be even more valuable.

Dez said:
12 team PPR IDP league

K Allen LAC WR, J Howard Phil RB'

For

T Cohen Chi Rb, K Ballage Mia RB and 2020 1st round pick
This motivated me to offer a similar deal. Offered Allen, late 2nd in 2020 and Josh Doctson for Cohen and mid tier 1st in 2020. It was rejected.  

Cohen is a top 10/15 RB?

In PPR, sure.  He was RB11 last year PPG on just 99 carries.  They just jettisoned Howard, only brought in Mike Davis, and don't have 1st or 2nd round picks this year.  He wasn't particularly big-play reliant either, averaging a healthy 1.48 PPTouch.  4.4 and 10.2 yards per carry/catch are entirely repeatable.  He could end up seeing a sizeable increase in rushes, and if they get him 100 targets he's a pretty sure bet to be even more valuable.
As was pointed out he was and I'd thought heading into last season the Bears were attempting to create the Saints of the midwest.  That's were Ryan Pace spent most of his career the it just seemed to me like they were trying put together pieces that worked a lot like the Saints offense and of course no player is Cohen more comped to then Sproles.

I took a look at Sproles 3 seasons in New Orleans and put it together in one 16 game season pace..

68 carries/ 388 yards/2 TD's.  119 targets/84 receptions/720 yards/6TD's. 15.17 fantasy points per game.

Cohen last year:

99 carries/ 441 yards/3 TD's. 99 targets/71 receptions/725 yards/ 5 TDs. 14.72 fantasy points per game.

I think that's what you got here with Cohen, basically a young Sproles type player who is being used in very similar best case role that Sproles was used.  When you only average 9-10 touches a game you'll run into some consistency issues and for sure I prefer consistent players but points are points and those big weeks can be huge at times. Also keeping in mind Sproles was 28 when he got to New Orleans and Cohen just wrapped up his age 23 season and I read all the time how they keep throwing new things at him and if anything it seems like his role might grow.

Now the bad news. Despite all that production the Saints knew they could not add to Sproles workload but liked having a 2-3 man RBBC. I don't expect that to be any different for Cohen next year. Right now they only have Davis and Cohen of note and while true they don't have a lot of strong draft capital they have 3rd and 4th round picks where you can find RB's and I was the other day they brought a whopping 16 RB's for in visits. They will draft a RB, probably with one of their first two picks, but I still feel very good about Cohen continuing to play the Sproles role this offense.

Better NFL than fantasy player when it comes to being elite I think.  He’s right there with those guys but there’s still uncertainty with Ben IMO.  I’ve seen him get worse and worse every year as an NFL QB, I wouldn’t trust Ben to always make good decisions.  As a Steelers fan I’ve been begging for them to take a QB the past couple years.  JuJu’s going to volume but he won’t be nearly as efficient or volume but he isn’t the type of fantasy WR those other guys are.  

JuJu’s going to volume but he won’t be nearly as efficient or volume but he isn’t the type of fantasy WR those other guys are.  
Thanks for answering but this goes back to discussion we had on Cooper Kupp a few days ago and and we don't have same definitions for efficiency or players that are volume based.  If I was in a startup today I'd probably take JuJu before any other WR.

Thanks for answering but this goes back to discussion we had on Cooper Kupp a few days ago and and we don't have same definitions for efficiency or players that are volume based.  If I was in a startup today I'd probably take JuJu before any other WR.
Sorry for all the grammatical errors, was typing on my phone.  I'm more concerned with what Ben does to JuJu compared to the other QB's do to the other elite WR's.  That's why I have JuJu just under them, but as for the top WR's they all have longevity set, JuJu and Michael Thomas don't.  

As was pointed out he was and I'd thought heading into last season the Bears were attempting to create the Saints of the midwest.  That's were Ryan Pace spent most of his career the it just seemed to me like they were trying put together pieces that worked a lot like the Saints offense and of course no player is Cohen more comped to then Sproles.

I took a look at Sproles 3 seasons in New Orleans and put it together in one 16 game season pace..

68 carries/ 388 yards/2 TD's.  119 targets/84 receptions/720 yards/6TD's. 15.17 fantasy points per game.

Cohen last year:

99 carries/ 441 yards/3 TD's. 99 targets/71 receptions/725 yards/ 5 TDs. 14.72 fantasy points per game.

I think that's what you got here with Cohen, basically a young Sproles type player who is being used in very similar best case role that Sproles was used.  When you only average 9-10 touches a game you'll run into some consistency issues and for sure I prefer consistent players but points are points and those big weeks can be huge at times. Also keeping in mind Sproles was 28 when he got to New Orleans and Cohen just wrapped up his age 23 season and I read all the time how they keep throwing new things at him and if anything it seems like his role might grow.

Now the bad news. Despite all that production the Saints knew they could not add to Sproles workload but liked having a 2-3 man RBBC. I don't expect that to be any different for Cohen next year. Right now they only have Davis and Cohen of note and while true they don't have a lot of strong draft capital they have 3rd and 4th round picks where you can find RB's and I was the other day they brought a whopping 16 RB's for in visits. They will draft a RB, probably with one of their first two picks, but I still feel very good about Cohen continuing to play the Sproles role this offense.
I think there’s some valid points here, but I do see some obvious differences. One is pretty obvious in that the Saints has better QB play and a better overall offense. Now Trubisky can still improve and I actually think he will be a very good NFL QB, but it’s hard to imagine he has a Brees level ceiling. I also think Sproles, while similar in stature, is a much stronger player with the ball - but with the way both were/are used that doesn’t matter much.

While I suppose Cohen showed top 15 upside last season I’m just not a fan of the way he accomplished it and it’s not necessarily sustainable without a bigger workload- which as you also stated may not necessarily be the case even with Howard being shipped out.

He’s surely a guy that may make me look bad when all is said and done - but I’d sell high (and did) especially if people are valuing him as a top 10/15 RB. I’d rank him somewhere around 20-24 before this new class even comes in. I like him as a flex guy or weak RB2 if I’m strong everywhere else.

Thoughts on this one? 12 team PPR (start 1 QB league)

Team A gets: 1.6, Lamar Jackson

Team B gets: 1.9, 1.12, 2.9 
dynasty trade calculator has this really close, very slightly in favor of Jackson. 

Personally, I dont see Jackson as a good long term fantasy asset. 1.6 is in the Harmon/RB2 range right now. 

It depends what team B needs if they win or not. 2.9 isnt too interesting to me. 

If I were trading 1.6 away... I'd say 1.6 and 2.6 for 1.9 and 1.12 is pretty close. So 2.6 instead of Lamar Jackson for 2.9... 

If I look at it that way, I'd rather have 1.6 and Jackson (even though if I had both I'd be looking to trade down and trade Jackson)

I think there’s some valid points here, but I do see some obvious differences. One is pretty obvious in that the Saints has better QB play and a better overall offense. Now Trubisky can still improve and I actually think he will be a very good NFL QB, but it’s hard to imagine he has a Brees level ceiling. I also think Sproles, while similar in stature, is a much stronger player with the ball - but with the way both were/are used that doesn’t matter much.

While I suppose Cohen showed top 15 upside last season I’m just not a fan of the way he accomplished it and it’s not necessarily sustainable without a bigger workload- which as you also stated may not necessarily be the case even with Howard being shipped out. 

He’s surely a guy that may make me look bad when all is said and done - but I’d sell high (and did) especially if people are valuing him as a top 10/15 RB. I’d rank him somewhere around 20-24 before this new class even comes in. I like him as a flex guy or weak RB2 if I’m strong everywhere else.
He didn't show top 15 upside.  He achieved top 11 actual performance.

Why do you think it's not sustainable?  His 4.4 yards per carry are slightly above average.  His 10.2 yards per catch were barely top 5 RB, and guys like AP,  Gore, Ekeler, and Drake were above/right at that number.  His touches/TD were slightly above average at 21.25, so he wasn't TD dependent - Conner, Marlon Mack, Chubb, Coleman, Lindsey territory.  I don't see anything he couldn't do every single year of his career.

I don't mean to beat you up on this, and I won't draw the conversation out any more, but Cohen is one of my favorite players at his current price/perception in PPR leagues.

I don't mean to beat you up on this, and I won't draw the conversation out any more, but Cohen is one of my favorite players at his current price/perception in PPR leagues.
Sure, I’m undervaluing him right now. I know some expect his usage to go up, I’m just not sure. I don’t know how consistent his TDs will be. He didn’t rely on them last year, but even 8 could be his ceiling at that usuage. If it drops from 8...

And sorry I wasn’t trying to sell him short as to his finish last season. I could have worded it better. 

I could see myself being wrong on this one though so won’t draw it out in this thread either.

He didn't show top 15 upside.  He achieved top 11 actual performance.

Why do you think it's not sustainable?  His 4.4 yards per carry are slightly above average.  His 10.2 yards per catch were barely top 5 RB, and guys like AP,  Gore, Ekeler, and Drake were above/right at that number.  His touches/TD were slightly above average at 21.25, so he wasn't TD dependent - Conner, Marlon Mack, Chubb, Coleman, Lindsey territory.  I don't see anything he couldn't do every single year of his career.

I am not trying to convince you not to like cohen, but i'll address a couple of these points.  

Top 11 actual performance is not that great.

First, being 11th in end of numbers just means you stayed healthy. Cohen scored more than Melvin Gordon, but it's not close between them.  

Second, a lot of guys who are lower in ppg - like Nick Chubb and Derrick Henry - were more valuable when they "started" than in simple games played. 

Third. some of the guys behind him iast year include Peterson or ther philly running backs.  Derrius Guice looks may be a better ppr back than Peterson, and Howard is almost certainly better than the guys philly rolled out last year. 

Fourth, some situations - like the kc running back - are much higher upside than cohen.  Not only did both Hunt and Williams outscore Cohen while they were starting, but the upside of the situation is clearly higher than Cohen. 

Lastly,  those little ppr backs don't repeat as often as you'd like to think.  He's 181 lbs. Guys like Duke Johnson, Buck Allen, Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead, Theo Riddick, Chris Thompson... some repeat year after year, some don't.  

You can argue that cohen is different and i won't disagree. You can argue each point or all of the points, i won't disagree.  

The real issue - imo - is that you should have more than 11 guys projected to meet or exceed rb11 numbers. 

I think it's obvious that you'd take Barkley Elliott McCaffrey Kamara Gurley Gordon Chubb Conner DJ and Mixon ahead of him.  That's 10 guys.  So i don't  see how you could project him to improve on rb11.

Then there's Guice, Fournette Carson, Aaron Jones, Sony Michel, James White, Lindsey, Henry, Drake and Ingram.  That's before you add in a couple rookies.

There's also guys you might take ahead of him that will solidify after the NFL draft. Like damien williams or the top kc rb - it's easy to downplay them now but by September somebody will be the number one and i'll take them over Cohen for sure.  

My point is that without even digging into my thoughts on cohen specifically, i can already see myself taking a lot of guys ahead of him. Not all of the guys I listed, but a lot of them.  And some more will emerge.  Because i like the upside of 3 down backs a lot better than 3rd down backs. I simply don't see him as a threat to be a top 5 back, and i can see a lot of those other guys doing it. 

I am not trying to convince you not to like cohen, but i'll address a couple of these points.  

Top 11 actual performance is not that great.

First, being 11th in end of numbers just means you stayed healthy. Cohen scored more than Melvin Gordon, but it's not close between them.  

Second, a lot of guys who are lower in ppg - like Nick Chubb and Derrick Henry - were more valuable when they "started" than in simple games played. 

Third. some of the guys behind him iast year include Peterson or ther philly running backs.  Derrius Guice looks may be a better ppr back than Peterson, and Howard is almost certainly better than the guys philly rolled out last year. 

Fourth, some situations - like the kc running back - are much higher upside than cohen.  Not only did both Hunt and Williams outscore Cohen while they were starting, but the upside of the situation is clearly higher than Cohen. 

Lastly,  those little ppr backs don't repeat as often as you'd like to think.  He's 181 lbs. Guys like Duke Johnson, Buck Allen, Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead, Theo Riddick, Chris Thompson... some repeat year after year, some don't.  

You can argue that cohen is different and i won't disagree. You can argue each point or all of the points, i won't disagree.  

The real issue - imo - is that you should have more than 11 guys projected to meet or exceed rb11 numbers. 

I think it's obvious that you'd take Barkley Elliott McCaffrey Kamara Gurley Gordon Chubb Conner DJ and Mixon ahead of him.  That's 10 guys.  So i don't  see how you could project him to improve on rb11.

Then there's Guice, Fournette Carson, Aaron Jones, Sony Michel, James White, Lindsey, Henry, Drake and Ingram.  That's before you add in a couple rookies.

There's also guys you might take ahead of him that will solidify after the NFL draft. Like damien williams or the top kc rb - it's easy to downplay them now but by September somebody will be the number one and i'll take them over Cohen for sure.  

My point is that without even digging into my thoughts on cohen specifically, i can already see myself taking a lot of guys ahead of him. Not all of the guys I listed, but a lot of them.  And some more will emerge.  Because i like the upside of 3 down backs a lot better than 3rd down backs. I simply don't see him as a threat to be a top 5 back, and i can see a lot of those other guys doing it. 
Good post. I personally have very little faith that the Bears want to use him more than they did last year. They gave him the ball 4 times in their playoff loss. 

Just a silly point of order, though. Although Duke Johnson falls in the 3rd down PPR back category, he isn't a small back like you suggest. He is 210. Not huge but not as small as those other guys. Your point still stands, though. 

12 team PPR 1QB/1RB/2WR/1TE/2Flex

Team A trades:

Patrick Mahomes

Melvin Gordon

Team B trades:

Matt Ryan

Michael Thomas

Wasn't involved in this one, just thought I’d drop it in since I posted a Mahomes trade last week that sparked some chatter.

Users who are viewing this thread