What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (16 Viewers)

If he said Jacobs might not even get third down work wouldn’t he be the one getting 1st and 2nd? Jalen Richard did very well in the third down role last season - he may cede more work to Jacobs now but he’s surely a threat to third down work.
Oops.  I totally misread that.  I thought he was saying by not getting 3rd down work, he might get no work at all.  Bygones  Carry on.

12 team SF ppr

Trade I just completed

I gave 1.02

I got 1.04 and Jordan Howard

Not the greatest return but I am not high on Jacobs at all and have him, Harry, Montgomery and Sanders all in the same range with Harry having the advantage. I don’t need WR as much as RB so moving back for anything is good since I would probably still make the same pick
1.02 (Jacobs) all day here. I've been lower on Jacobs than most and I'd really prefer Jacobs by a mile here.  Harry isn't a horrible consolation though, or Haskins could be there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought T. Hill for a 2020 3rd. Might be stupid, but I can look back over the last 15-20 years of playing dynasty and I'd say my "hit" rate on 3rd rounders is average if not poor. Figured it was worth a wait in case this POS does get to play again a year from now. 

FFPC

Pick 5 and a 2020 3rd (probable non playoff team)

For

2020 1st and 2nd (probable playoff team both picks)

PPR, 6pt per TD league

Sent:  

Cam Newton, CJ Anderson, Dontrell Hillard, 4.12, 6.12, rookie picks  

Got: 

Jared Goff, Chris Herndon, Chase Edmonds, 3.1 rookie pick. 

Our draft started Tuesday and that has brought on a slew of trades within 24 hours of the draft. The second trade on were I posted already but I will update these trades with selections where they’ve happened

Team A gets Hopkins

Team B gets 1.04 (traded later), 1.12 (traded later), and R Woods

Team B gets 1.02 (selects Harry)

Team C gets 1.04 (selects Sanders) and J Howard

Team A gets 1.05 (selects Haskins)

Team D gets D Williams

Team B gets 1.06 (selects Montgomery) and R Foster

Team E gets 1.12, 2.12, 2020 2nd, 2020, 2020 3rd

Team F gets 2.08 and 2020 1st

Team G gets 1.07 (selects D Samuel)

Team F gets 2.07 and 2020 1st

Team H gets 1.09 (selects Butler) and 3.05

The trade for Hopkins is terrible, everyone in the league panned it. Team B’s team is in really really bad shape and not close to winning at all but he didn’t shop around and made a bad trade. Team F started with the 1.01, 1.03, 1.07, and 1.09 and now has Murray, Jacobs, and three 2020 1sts. He earned the 1.01 last year but has made some smart moves for the future

Our draft started Tuesday and that has brought on a slew of trades within 24 hours of the draft. The second trade on were I posted already but I will update these trades with selections where they’ve happened

Team A gets Hopkins

Team B gets 1.04 (traded later), 1.12 (traded later), and R Woods

Team B gets 1.02 (selects Harry)

Team C gets 1.04 (selects Sanders) and J Howard

Team A gets 1.05 (selects Haskins)

Team D gets D Williams

Team B gets 1.06 (selects Montgomery) and R Foster

Team E gets 1.12, 2.12, 2020 2nd, 2020, 2020 3rd

Team F gets 2.08 and 2020 1st

Team G gets 1.07 (selects D Samuel)

Team F gets 2.07 and 2020 1st

Team H gets 1.09 (selects Butler) and 3.05

The trade for Hopkins is terrible, everyone in the league panned it. Team B’s team is in really really bad shape and not close to winning at all but he didn’t shop around and made a bad trade. Team F started with the 1.01, 1.03, 1.07, and 1.09 and now has Murray, Jacobs, and three 2020 1sts. He earned the 1.01 last year but has made some smart moves for the future
That Hopkins trade is brutal lol 

ghostguy123 said:
FFPC

Pick 5 and a 2020 3rd (probable non playoff team)

For

2020 1st and 2nd (probable playoff team both picks)
Similar deal:

Traded DK Metcalf (taken with pick 6) and 2020 3rd (midrange)

for

2020 1st and 2nd (likely playoff team)

Also traded the 14th pick (2.02)

for

the 30th (3.02) and 2020 2nd (likely early, guess top 3~4)

Similar deal:

Traded DK Metcalf (taken with pick 6) and 2020 3rd (midrange)

for

2020 1st and 2nd (likely playoff team)

Also traded the 14th pick (2.02)

for

the 30th (3.02) and 2020 2nd (likely early, guess top 3~4)
Seems like moving out of 1.6 for a future 1/2 is the way to go?

1.6 next year > this year? 

Assuming Harry/Jacobs/Sanders are 1-3

That Hopkins trade is brutal lol 
I don't think it is that bad. Woods was the number 11 Wr in ppr last year. Plus the 2 picks I think it is good.  Those picks can be David Montgomery and one of- Marquise Brown, one of the TE's, Hardman. Thats not bad especially if you need to rebuild. 

12 team .5 PPR

Team A gets: 1.02 (Miles Sanders), David Njoku, 2020 2nd, 2020 3rd

Team B gets: Stefon Diggs, Vance McDonald 

Team A is young and talented but maybe a year away.  Team B is defending champion

I don't think it is that bad. Woods was the number 11 Wr in ppr last year. Plus the 2 picks I think it is good.  Those picks can be David Montgomery and one of- Marquise Brown, one of the TE's, Hardman. Thats not bad especially if you need to rebuild. 
I am thinking 1.04, 1.12 and Woods is a fair deal, sure prefer higher picks or better/younger WR but you take best from situation, not brutal trade IMO 

12 team .5 PPR

Team A is young and talented but maybe a year away.  Team B is defending champion
Diggs for me. Don’t see Sanders or Njoku becoming reliable FF starters.

12 team .5 PPR

Like side getting  Sanders side in PPR and that positive feeling only gets stronger in half PPR.  Would have given Diggs/Vance for this even without the picks.

If that's what I got back for Hopkins I'm sure holding. If I'm rebuilding and wanting to deal Hopkins to facilitate it I need some 2020#1's and/or a top 3 pick in this draft.

If that's what I got back for Hopkins I'm sure holding. If I'm rebuilding and wanting to deal Hopkins to facilitate it I need some 2020#1's and/or a top 3 pick in this draft.
Rookie fever absolutely kicked in for that guy. His roster was real bad but despite that, he should’ve held or shopped for more value because what he got will only make him mediocre at best this year. That’s not how you rebuild

Rookie fever absolutely kicked in for that guy. His roster was real bad but despite that, he should’ve held or shopped for more value because what he got will only make him mediocre at best this year. That’s not how you rebuild
Agreed.  I'm not really a big fan of this draft outside of a couple guys, and he didn't even secure a Top 3 pick.  Throw me in a 2020 1st and we can talk.  But to me, that doesn't move the needle enough for arguably(it may not even be an argument) the top ranked dynasty WR asset.

A couple from an early draft:

Team A gives Jacobs (taken 1.1), Corey Davis and Sammy Watkins.  Team B gets Mike Evans.

Elsewhere, Team C gives 1.9 and 1.10 for a 2020 1st, a 2021 1st and some irrelevant lesser picks.

Seems like moving out of 1.6 for a future 1/2 is the way to go?

1.6 next year > this year? 

Assuming Harry/Jacobs/Sanders are 1-3
I offered up the 1.6 when it was on the clock and no one wanted it. I like Metcalf and might have kept him but my team in this league still needs a lot more help. In this case, as we got into the early 2nd round I sent the offer to an owner who I know spent the 1.3 on Metcalf in another league and we haggled back and forth a little bit.

12 Team 2 QB Start, NO PPR  Dynasty- 

Team A gets - 1.12 & 2.4 

Team B gets- J Allen (QB) 

Team B only has Marriota at QB- lost Alex Smith & Tannehill -Traded Brady for pick 1.12

Who are you getting at 2.01 this rookie draft that is a better bet than Penny?  Nobody.
I don't know that any of those guys are better. But there are some good players available. In my recent ppr draft M. Brown went at 1.12, then  2.1 or later were both TE's, Hardman, Samuels, Murray, Whiteside.  I am saying that he had a chance and didn't do anything. It is not unreasonable to take a chance on one of these guys over him. But he is probably one of those players that has way more value to the team holding them than to a team trading for him. 

12 team PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX

Gave Sammy Watkins and rookie pick 17 (team drafted K. Murray)

Received Marlon Mack
I like it.  I'm really high on Mack this year, I see him as a 1300-1400 total yardage guy with a good chance for double digit tds.  Sammy's situation is better on paper, but I don't have much confidence he's going to stay healthy.

12 team PPR. I’m not involved.

Team A gets Tubisky and 2019 Draft Pick 2.07

Team B gets Sammy Watkins and Vance McDonald

Team B is the worst team in the league by far.

10 TM NO PPR Dynasty - 

Team A gets- 1.9 

Team B gets - Ito Smith and 2.2 

Team B Does not own Freeman. 

Hmmmm....

What would you say he is worth in picks?  I think this is about right. He is one of the most offered players I have seen this offseason. But the owners want way too much back.  
1.04-1.07 probably.  I wouldn’t pay it because I think his perceived value is that high, but that’s what he should be worth imo.  He showed plenty as a rookie and the only thing that kept him from doing more is Carson who showed extremely well along side him.  You compare it to Denver and Freeman didn’t show nearly as well while Lindsay showed out.  Penny did work but it was overshadowed by another.  

What would you say he is worth in picks? 
When I comp an existing player to incoming rookies I usually find it easier to comp them relative to their position as a starting point. To me he'd I'd be mulling over him vs Montgomery for RB3/4 and weight fact fact I like Penny's talent more, like Montgomery's situation more. That would put his value as somewhere in the mid first for me.

1.04-1.07 probably.  I wouldn’t pay it because I think his perceived value is that high, but that’s what he should be worth imo.  He showed plenty as a rookie and the only thing that kept him from doing more is Carson who showed extremely well along side him.  You compare it to Denver and Freeman didn’t show nearly as well while Lindsay showed out.  Penny did work but it was overshadowed by another.  
Hard to say it was all about Carson, when Davis started over Penny when Carson was out.

FTR: I think Penny is a stud if he can lose 10 pounds and keep it off. But I was burned by Eddie Lacy, so I’m gun shy.

I think you made my point when you said you wouldn't give that for him. His value is only what someone would give. If no one in the league would give the 1.7 then he isn't worth that. As the owner I can make up any arbitrary value, but what I can get for him is his value. That is why I think 2.1 is his value. Enough for the person sellign to give him up and low enough for the buyer. Have you (anyone) seen a trade with Penny? If so what did it bring?  

I think you made my point when you said you wouldn't give that for him. His value is only what someone would give. If no one in the league would give the 1.7 then he isn't worth that. As the owner I can make up any arbitrary value, but what I can get for him is his value. That is why I think 2.1 is his value. Enough for the person sellign to give him up and low enough for the buyer. Have you (anyone) seen a trade with Penny? If so what did it bring?  
I have sold him in a couple spots, but it's almost never a simple case of player x for rookie pick z. I think in every instance there were other assets involved. But fwiw:

Penny and 1.12 for DJ Moore and 2.09

Penny, Robby Anderson, Reed, 1.10 (TE premium) for Ebron and Ingram

Users who are viewing this thread