What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

12 TM PPR

Gave: Woods, 4.01 and 2020 4th

Got: 2020 1st, 2.06
I don't know if JJAW has risen up rookie boards since last month, but I can see him outperforming Woods next year and beyond. If you can get him at 2.06 and then if that 2020 1st hits it could be huge. Don't know who else I might like at 2.06 though. Maybe someone else falls. And I like Woods quite a bit.

Woods isnt sexy? Hes not Chubb but it's pretty close 

He has Kupp to share with. I dont think he repeats or increases his value in 2019. IMO hes a sell high
When a borderline WR1 is fetching WR3 prices, it's not really selling high.

As to Kupp...

In 8 games last year with Kupp, Woods averaged 17.74ppg
In 8 games last year without Kupp, Woods averaged 15.46ppg

Landry, ARob, Lockett, Boyd, Davis are all being drafted as WR3's and have value around a 2020 1st if not a little more in some of their cases.
possibly in a couple of those cases. I'd argue some of those could finish higher than Woods this year. 

You did just list off a lot of guys who finished wr2 last season, not wr3

FWIW DTC disagrees but that's fine. I dont think Woods finishes as a WR1 this season personally

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are going to call Boyd, Lockett, Landry WR3s because of their ADP (even though they finished 2018 as wr2s; Corey Davis was 4 fp away from wr2) then we should call Woods a wr2 as he is WR18 per FBGs ADP consensus

DTC has Woods as WR24 with Davis ARob and Landry all ahead of him. If those guys are going for a 1st it looks like getting a 2nd in addition is great value for Woods

If we are going to call Boyd, Lockett, Landry WR3s because of their ADP (even though they finished 2018 as wr2s; Corey Davis was 4 fp away from wr2) then we should call Woods a wr2 as he is WR18 per FBGs ADP consensus

DTC has Woods as WR24 with Davis ARob and Landry all ahead of him. If those guys are going for a 1st it looks like getting a 2nd in addition is great value for Woods
Not sure where DTC gets its startup ADP data from.  Mizelle and FFPC both have Landry/Davis/ARob/Lockett/Boyd with ADP in the WR24-WR36 range.

On finish last year Davis/Godwin/Williams were all WR3's who pull similar value.  ARob was a WR4.  Lockett/Landry were both WR2's overall and WR3's in ppg (Woods does fall to early WR2 in ppg).

Anyway, WR1 at WR3 value was somewhat hyperbole (though it's arguable as seen above).  I think it's a bit crazy to see the reactions such as a random 1st and mid 2nd is "pricy" for a relatively young borderline WR1/WR2 and how the 12th WR in a weak class may outscore him this year alone (to be fair anyone "may" outscore anyone, but JJAW outscoring Woods isn't likely and if anyone wants to take even odds on that I'll wager just about any amount of coin).

Barring the euphemisms Woods just isn't a sexy enough name to pull in fair value for his recent production and situation going forward.  He's a talented guy who is the lead target in one of the best offenses in football that will probably be even more pass heavy this year.  He's a bad sell right now imo.

Anyway, WR1 at WR3 value was somewhat hyperbole (though it's arguable as seen above).  I think it's a bit crazy to see the reactions such as a random 1st and mid 2nd is "pricy" for a relatively young borderline WR1/WR2 and how the 12th WR in a weak class may outscore him this year alone (to be fair anyone "may" outscore anyone, but JJAW outscoring Woods isn't likely and if anyone wants to take even odds on that I'll wager just about any amount of coin).
I said "next year" that JJAW might outscore him, but to be more specific I was referring to the 2020 season. No chance he outscores Woods this year outside of injuries. He is about the only guy at 2.06 that swings the value for me in that trade. But the random 1st is a different beast and it is definitely possible Woods ends up the better side in the deal. I certainly would pay a random 1st for him if I needed WRs. But not a 1st I thought would be early.

NFL took him 6th and I thought everyone considered this WR field to be strong.

Drake and Balage for Christian Kirk and 3.8

Team getting Kirk also traded Sutton and Jaylen Samuels for Aaron Jones. 

Drake and Balage for Christian Kirk and 3.8

Team getting Kirk also traded Sutton and Jaylen Samuels for Aaron Jones. 

If I look at this as Sutton, Drake, Balage, Samuels for Kirk and Aaron Jones I'd say Sutton is the best player in that deal. Samuels is undervalued as I do believe they will do some kind of rbbc. I'd probably take Kirk and Jones but it's pretty close 

ETA: DTC agrees. Slightly in favor of Kirk/Jones by the value of 2.7

Christian McCaffrey 

For 

Darius Guice, AJ Brown, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd 
Going off DTC for this one too... The guy getting McCaffery can only make this a wash..

if that 1st/2nd is anything higher than a low pick in the round, the other guy got the better deal easy.

That being said, from a pure personal standpoint I'd probably make this deal for McCaffery too. In fact, I may propose it in my league

Going off DTC for this one too... The guy getting McCaffery can only make this a wash..

if that 1st/2nd is anything higher than a low pick in the round, the other guy got the better deal easy.

That being said, from a pure personal standpoint I'd probably make this deal for McCaffery too. In fact, I may propose it in my league
Yeah, sometimes you have to overpay to get these studs. 

Christian McCaffrey 

For 

Darius Guice, AJ Brown, 2020 1st, 2020 2nd 
The rare trade I don't think I could pull either side of.  If I had McCaffrey I couldn't get rid of him for exactly zero proven points in the lineup, but I also couldn't give up that goldmine of potential for him either.  Maybe that's because I don't have any teams I'm desperate at RB on though, because this feels like the kind of trade I should prefer the stud in.

because the type of person who trades an expected high 2020 1st for a low 2019 first is the type of owner who picks high every year
In his case, this isn't true, but at present he is in a rebuild, so.....we shall see. The main reason I made the deal is because there is no player I felt was worth the salary at that pick, even on taxi squad. And like many of us, I think the 2020 draft will be a gold mine. :)

In his case, this isn't true, but at present he is in a rebuild, so.....we shall see. The main reason I made the deal is because there is no player I felt was worth the salary at that pick, even on taxi squad. And like many of us, I think the 2020 draft will be a gold mine. :)
I would trade 1.10 for the following years 1st from a non playoff team every year. maybe not 2020 but we will see

Not sure where DTC gets its startup ADP data from.  Mizelle and FFPC both have Landry/Davis/ARob/Lockett/Boyd with ADP in the WR24-WR36 range.

On finish last year Davis/Godwin/Williams were all WR3's who pull similar value.  ARob was a WR4.  Lockett/Landry were both WR2's overall and WR3's in ppg (Woods does fall to early WR2 in ppg).

Barring the euphemisms Woods just isn't a sexy enough name to pull in fair value for his recent production and situation going forward.  He's a talented guy who is the lead target in one of the best offenses in football that will probably be even more pass heavy this year.  He's a bad sell right now imo.
Woods is a good, solid player. He’s been in the league for six years and last year was the first time he’s made any noise. The most TD’s he’s ever scored was six, and that was last year. He’s got two other guys to compete with for catches, and defenses have a whole year of this offense to study now.

I think the entire LA offense takes a step back this year. I think Kupp is the top dog (once he recovers fully), and Woods will be a back end WR 2 for the next few years (He was WR 16 last year in my league so that’s not that much different).

Solid guy. Good receiver. Just not someone  I’m giving up a 2020 1st along with a good shot at a good WR at 2.06 this year.

12 team PPR

A - Melvin Gordon 

for

B - Aaron Jones, Devonta Freeman, Malcolm Brown

B has Gurley and Jamaal Williams, so this solidifies up his backfield
Bumping this one because it didnt get one single comment and I am interested to hear some thoughts on it f anyone has any.  I traded away Gordon in this deal.  Surprisingly little remorse, but I am an Aaron Jones believer.

Bumping this one because it didnt get one single comment and I am interested to hear some thoughts on it f anyone has any.  I traded away Gordon in this deal.  Surprisingly little remorse, but I am an Aaron Jones believer.
I like Jones a lot and Freeman could be big this year and may he undervalued. I've never owned Gordon but I have been matched up against his box scores. Lots of people are worried about his health. I am hesitant to move for him so I think I like the Jones side. I don't love Freeman enough to make me pull the trigger though. Seems close.

Honestly, I'd prefer Gordon by a good margin. He's an every week stud, and he's still in his prime. He's arguably still getting better, as he's improved every season.

I also think the idea if locking up the Rams and Packers backfields is flawed, because Henderson is likely the handcuff(at least) for Gurley, and its possible(probable even) Dexter Williams beats out Jamaal Williams. 

I'm also not a big Freeman guy, and wonder if his body is breaking down. 

Sorry to be a downer.

Honestly, I'd prefer Gordon by a good margin. He's an every week stud, and he's still in his prime. He's arguably still getting better, as he's improved every season.

I also think the idea if locking up the Rams and Packers backfields is flawed, because Henderson is likely the handcuff(at least) for Gurley, and its possible(probable even) Dexter Williams beats out Jamaal Williams. 

I'm also not a big Freeman guy, and wonder if his body is breaking down. 

Sorry to be a downer.
All good, I appreciate the feedback!  I am not a Henderson believer myself - at least not as a feature back.  I think he fits more as a COP back.  I really feel that Brown is the handcuff to Gurley.  I realize that is not the groupthink, but looking at both of their athletic profiles and measurables, I think Brown would get at least half the carries if Gurley went down and be the more valuable back.  If Gurley stays healthy, I think Henderson would be the more valuable of the 2.  Basically, I think Henderson's role remains close to the same regardless.  I also love me some Aaron Jones!  I think the coaching staff and a couple of annoying injuries were all that held him back from being an every week RB1.  

I would trade 1.10 for the following years 1st from a non playoff team every year. maybe not 2020 but we will see

Then turned that 2020 1st, Damien Williams, and 2019 3.10 into Deshaun Watson and Justin Houston. This is a 12 team super flex IDP and defensive big plays are highly rewarded. Houston is now a DE. :)

Users who are viewing this thread