Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

57 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

With respect to the bolded line above, I don't understand the argument for why that makes those picks less valuable.  

The smaller rosters make it more difficult to keep those players whose long term future you believe in but did not do enough in year one to justify keeping when cuts are due. If the 5 man Taxi squad is above and beyond the 16 team roster that's a huge difference, but I'm talking about a pure cut down to 16 or 14 position players which makes keeping prospects who did not do a lot when cuts are due pretty challenging.

I mention pedigree because most fantasy  teams that commit first round dynasty rookie picks on players tend to keep them even if they do next to nothing. I don't see teams cutting Agholor, Perriman or Coleman types for instance. 

Many examples I could use but one I will right now is Coates. Coates was third round pick in most leagues I'm in and in most of those leagues he got cut at the deadline to trim rosters(which was before Bryant got suspended). He was not that expensive in the first place and did close to nothing so not an easy guy to keep. Now in a league with a larger roster size I think he would have been been kept in most leagues even with Bryant's suspension not having been announced. 

I may not be explaining this well but short version is the mid to late second and beyond rookie draft picks normally need to show something and  quickly in order to maintain a roster spots in smaller roster leagues. When the leagues have larger rosters you can afford to be more patient with these players which to me adds value to the picks as I can identify prospects I like and not worry so much about instant impact as I can more easily hold them a little longer.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Just curious, but why?  Because of their QB, or because they have (for another year or two) possibly the greatest RB in history?

Did going to Buffalo cap Sammy Watkins?  We're going into year 3, he's a top 10 dynasty WR, and could be a free agent and be anywhere in 2 years.

I don't think Teddy has the chops to be the focal point for an offense - at least, not to the extent he would have to be for him to throw enough to make either Doctson or Coleman a top WR.

Just now, Spike said:

I don't think Teddy has the chops to be the focal point for an offense - at least, not to the extent he would have to be for him to throw enough to make either Doctson or Coleman a top WR.

And if so, Minnesota will get someone else.  I view dynasty picks as long term investments, and things can change pretty quickly.

Take a look at the 2014 class of WRs (guys just entering their third NFL season now) - Sammy, Evans, Beckham, Cooks, Benji, Lee, and Matthews are the first 7.  Four of the seven already have a different QB from the one they had when they entered the NFL. 

22 minutes ago, menobrown said:

The smaller rosters make it more difficult to keep those players whose long term future you believe in but did not do enough in year one to justify keeping when cuts are due. If the 5 man Taxi squad is above and beyond the 16 team roster that's a huge difference, but I'm talking about a pure cut down to 16 or 14 position players which makes keeping prospects who did not do a lot when cuts are due pretty challenging.

I mention pedigree because most fantasy  teams that commit first round dynasty rookie picks on players tend to keep them even if they do next to nothing. I don't see teams cutting Agholor, Perriman or Coleman types for instance. 

Many examples I could use but one I will right now is Coates. Coates was third round pick in most leagues I'm in and in most of those leagues he got cut at the deadline to trim rosters(which was before Bryant got suspended). He was not that expensive in the first place and did close to nothing so not an easy guy to keep. Now in a league with a larger roster size I think he would have been been kept in most leagues even with Bryant's suspension not having been announced. 

I may not be explaining this well but short version is the mid to late second and beyond rookie draft picks normally need to show something and  quickly in order to maintain a roster spots in smaller roster leagues. When the leagues have larger rosters you can afford to be more patient with these players which to me adds value to the picks as I can identify prospects I like and not worry so much about instant impact as I can more easily hold them a little longer.

Yes, the 5 man TS is above and beyond the 16.  Thanks for the explanation.  I am assuming those rookies will make my TS and can sit there awhile, if they don't impact right away.  This particular team is an orphan that I bought and all 5 of my TS spots are open.  I am a Bears fan and have loved Forte for a long time, but he is just about done, and I'm glad to have gotten something for him.  I don't think it's a terrible strategy to ride a stud into the dirt, but if I can sell now for a reasonable price, it's likely to be higher than what I could get by the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

Yes, the 5 man TS is above and beyond the 16.  Thanks for the explanation.  I am assuming those rookies will make my TS and can sit there awhile, if they don't impact right away.  This particular team is an orphan that I bought and all 5 of my TS spots are open.  I am a Bears fan and have loved Forte for a long time, but he is just about done, and I'm glad to have gotten something for him.  I don't think it's a terrible strategy to ride a stud into the dirt, but if I can sell now for a reasonable price, it's likely to be higher than what I could get by the end of the year. 

In light of the taxi squad I like that move for you. I still think Forte has something left and I think Gailey will know how to use him but that taxi squad makes those picks a lot more valuable.

12 team, reduced ppr (0 for RB, and .5 for WR/TE) Start 2RB, 2WR,TE, Flex

Sent: Funchess and 1.09

Got: 2017 1st and 2.02

I wasn't counting on Funchess or the 1.09, other owner should miss the playoffs (finished 11th last year but now has Funchess! JK, has the 1.02 and some talent)

35 minutes ago, DexterDew said:

I wasn't counting on Funchess or the 1.09, other owner should miss the playoffs (finished 11th last year but now has Funchess! JK, has the 1.02 and some talent)

Future 1st

24 minutes ago, Matt's Eagles said:

12 team dynasty PPR

Team A gets Randall Cobb and pick 2.7

Team B gets Michael Floyd and pick 1.12

Seems relatively fair as I think both of these WRs are "buy lows" this off-season. Cobb's younger, has proven that he can put up top 10 numbers for an entire season, and he has the more stable long term situation.....So I'll take Cobb here.

5 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

I was just looking into Gio Bernard.  Thinking of offering Agholor for him as a jumping off point.  That trade shows me his value is severely depressed.  

I'd snatch Agholor in a heart beat for Gio.  I was really high on him as a rookie last year.  

A few 12 team PPR Trades

Team A got: Aaron Rodgers, D Inman, Will Tye, 2017 1st and 2017 2nd

Team B got: Stafford, Keenan Allen, Dorsett, Perriman

Team C got: Jamaal Charles

Team D got: Doug Martin

Team F got: Perriman

Team G: Yeldon

Team H got: Russell Wilson, Shane Vereen

Team I got: Eddie Lacy, Kapri Bibbs

Team J got: Kevin White

Team K got: Charles Sims, Smelter, 1.5 and 1.9

Team L got: Tevin Coleman, D Lewis, Dez, 1.12 and 2017 1st

Team M got: McKinnon, Keenan Allen and DGB

Team N got: Jaelen Strong

Team O got: 2017 3rd and 2017 4th

Team P got: Josh Gordon

Team Q got: 1.11 and 2.11

Edited by Deuceman

5 minutes ago, Deuceman said:

Team A got: Odell Beckham and DeAndre Hopkins

Team B got: Andrew Luck, Shane Vereen, Josh Gordon, DeVante Parker, Travis Kelce, 1.3, 1.4, 1.6 and 2017 1st

Mind blown.  I'd love to see the rosters for both teams.  I have no idea what to make of this but if team B needed a qb, TE, some rbs and has WR depth then he did very well for himself.  Pretty much got a whole team for two players.   If team a has good depth at qb, rb and TE and needed stud wrs then makes perfect sense.   

22 minutes ago, Deuceman said:

Team B got: Andrew Luck, Shane Vereen, Josh Gordon, DeVante Parker, Travis Kelce, 1.3, 1.4, 1.6 and 2017 1st

Also blown away at this one. Obj/nuk side for me, I'll give up a bunch of 1sts for the 2 top dyno wrs. It's a haul though. I would like it better if there were more clarity (talent) at the top of the draft this year. Like it better if you can turn 1.3/1.4 into Elliott. 

21 hours ago, DexterDew said:

Perfect.  I would do that every time

3 hours ago, Deuceman said:

A few 12 team PPR Trades

Team A got: Aaron Rodgers, D Inman, Will Tye, 2017 1st and 2017 2nd

Team B got: Stafford, Keenan Allen, Dorsett, Perriman

Team C got: Jamaal Charles

Team D got: Doug Martin

Team F got: Perriman

Team G: Yeldon

Team H got: Russell Wilson, Shane Vereen

Team I got: Eddie Lacy, Kapri Bibbs

Team J got: Kevin White

Team K got: Charles Sims, Smelter, 1.5 and 1.9

Team L got: Tevin Coleman, D Lewis, Dez, 1.12 and 2017 1st

Team M got: McKinnon, Keenan Allen and DGB

Team N got: Jaelen Strong

Team O got: 2017 3rd and 2017 4th

Team P got: Josh Gordon

Team Q got: 1.11 and 2.11

Rodgers/1/2 = Allen/Stafford. Dorsett/Perrriman=Free. Somebody thinking its 2014 stil on this one.

Lacy

Picks

Coleman=McKinnon, Lewis/1.12=DGB, Dez=Allen. 2017 1=Free.

Strong

Picks

2 hours ago, Deuceman said:

Blasphemy I'm sure but if Beckham and Hopkins are the only assets I've got than I could easily talk myself into this deal.

4 firsts (3 early to mid) + Luck, Parker, Kelce, Gordon who combined if you truly wanted to blow it up (though you could build around them just as easily) could net you 5-6 more firsts is a pretty incredible return for any two players. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brooklyn70 said:

Received D. Lewis and 1.11 for J. Maclin and 2.3.

12 team PPR league.

I like Lewis upside especially with NE resigning L. Blount.

Lewis is a guy whose value is depressed by being a Belicheck back, and also the injury history.  However if he gets on the field he's a top 5 option.  At least he was last year.  He's an ideal Rb 3 or 4.  

2 hours ago, Sitch said:

Couple deals in one of my leagues, not involved - 12 team PPR, 1.5 for TEs

1) Michael Floyd for Agholor, Spiller, 2017 2nd and 3rd

2) AJ Green, Brady for K.Benjamin, Walford, 2017 1st, 2018 1st (both 1sts projected late)

not sure what happened there but I'll take Agholor and Benjamin but both close deals to me

2 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

Shocking

I've seen a lot of ranking that have Hill, Bernard and Lewis in some combination right around RB20, the reason I prefer Dion is because I think he can finish inside the RB5 and I don't think the others can.

For middling RBs I'll take the guy with imo the much higher ceiling.

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****