What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

Cooper had 4 games over 100 yards in his final 20 games in Oakland (2017 and the first half of 2018).

He had two games over 100 yards in 9 games in Dallas. 

He had four games of 36 or fewer yards in Dallas. 

In his 15 best yardage games of his career he has 117 catches for over 2100 yards and 15 touchdowns. That's 8 catches for 170 yards and a touchdown, 4 times a year.  

In his other 46 games he has 167 catches for under 1800 yards and 10 touchdowns.  That's an average of 3.5 catches, 38 yards and .22 touchdowns a game. 

Maybe he becomes more consistent this year, and i agree that he'd move way up if he did, but he's been a frustrating,  boom or bust receiver whose best seein is 1153 yards and 5 touchdowns. I'll pass on him in the top 8. 
I don't like Cooper top 8 either but this is all at least a bit misleading.

The big difference in Dallas is his bad games are more of the 5-31 variety rather than the 0-0 or 1-9 variety.  He only cracked 30 yards in 2 of his last 6 games in Oakland but did it in 10 of 11 games in Dallas counting the playoffs.  He only had 3+ receptions in 2 of his last 6 games in Oakland but did it in all 11 games in Dallas.

He cracked 10 fantasy points (PPR) in 7 of his 11 games (64%) in Dallas which still isn't particularly good for a fantasy WR1, but it's a lot better than the 7 out of 20 times (35%) he'd done it in Oakland over the last two years.

Last edited by a moderator:
tangfoot said:
Mixon is the best asset in this deal today, but come next year I think the combination of Cooper/Jones could blow the doors off of Mixon/Moore.  
Come next year Trubisky could blow the roof off of Mahomes.  But you don't make trades for what could happen a year from now.

Gave:  George Kittle, Trey Quinn, Terry McLaurin

Received:  Chris Godwin, Greg Olsen
so kittle for godwin... 

I'd think kittle would command more, and I'm in the sell high crowd for kittle. this seems like a sell high/buy way high, and I love Godwin, but you're buying Godwin at maybe next years price here. Should be Godwin + First Rounder

ETA: If Godwin becomes a high wr2/low wr1, this trade is fair to your favor, especially in 1te league. I do think he will do that, I just think for today's prices you could get a bit more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come next year Trubisky could blow the roof off of Mahomes.  But you don't make trades for what could happen a year from now.
If you aren't paying attention to the way the winds are blowing, then you are living in the past.  Why pay 2018s prices for 2019 players (and beyond)?

so kittle for godwin... 

I'd think kittle would command more, and I'm in the sell high crowd for kittle. this seems like a sell high/buy way high, and I love Godwin, but you're buying Godwin at maybe next years price here. Should be Godwin + First Rounder

ETA: If Godwin becomes a high wr2/low wr1, this trade is fair to your favor, especially in 1te league. I do think he will do that, I just think for today's prices you could get a bit more.
Pretty sure I couldn’t get Godwin and a 1st. I owned Kittle on all 4 of my dynasty teams and have traded him in three. Public opinion has me on the wrong side of all three. He was a luxury to me because I got him cheaply all 4 times, well ahead him becoming a thing. It was much easier to trade him than Gronk (during the season), Ebron, or Njoku to transfer the value out of the TE position. Gronk’s retirement has been the only hiccup in the plan.

In this latest one, I think Olsen/Njoku will do just fine. Godwin slides in with Cooks, DJ Moore, Parker, Deebo, Paris Campbell and Marvin Jones.

Pretty sure I couldn’t get Godwin and a 1st. I owned Kittle on all 4 of my dynasty teams and have traded him in three. Public opinion has me on the wrong side of all three. He was a luxury to me because I got him cheaply all 4 times, well ahead him becoming a thing. It was much easier to trade him than Gronk (during the season), Ebron, or Njoku to transfer the value out of the TE position. Gronk’s retirement has been the only hiccup in the plan.

In this latest one, I think Olsen/Njoku will do just fine. Godwin slides in with Cooks, DJ Moore, Parker, Deebo, Paris Campbell and Marvin Jones.
Kittle.  Not really close either

You could have probably gotten a 2nd. anything. 

I would still say Kittle if you took out Quinn and mclaurin

12 Team Superflex TE Premium start 1Qb -2 RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1SFlex - 1Flex

Gave: Matt Ryan, James White and a 2020 1st (mine which i hope is mid to late - think i have a playoff team)

Got: Dalvin Cook, Jameis Winston

My starting backs before this deal were Kenyan Drake and James White with Lamar Miller on the bench so was really needing a top RB and I hope Cook is it.  My QB's are now Winston, Rivers, Darnold and Lock.

I also still have 2 other 2020 first which i hope are early to mid so felt like i could trade that first for the RB upgrade and to get a bit younger.

@battlestarI like that trade for you a lot and I'm low on Cook

12 teams, ppr, bestball

Gave: Josh Jacobs, Deebo

Got: Gurley, Humphries 

I'm feeling good about it now. I might feel great about it or terrible in a couple months 😃

Non - PPR

I traded Juju for Mixon.

I needed another RB and was strong at WR, he needed another WR and was strong at RB.
I agree with Milkman... I think it's a pretty fair deal. you're obviously not getting the longevity however who knows what happens when Ben retires. JuJu could be at his highest value right now, whereas I think Mixon has some growing yet. 

I agree with Milkman... I think it's a pretty fair deal. you're obviously not getting the longevity however who knows what happens when Ben retires. JuJu could be at his highest value right now, whereas I think Mixon has some growing yet. 
Why isn't this thinking more prominent in guys like Michael Thomas as well?  It's a bigger picture question sure, but everyone seems to be skeptical of Ben retiring and nobody is worried about Brees?  JuJu seems safer to me than MT is.  What makes MT "immune" to his QB retiring and not JuJu?  

I agree with the take on the trade though.  

Why isn't this thinking more prominent in guys like Michael Thomas as well?  It's a bigger picture question sure, but everyone seems to be skeptical of Ben retiring and nobody is worried about Brees?  JuJu seems safer to me than MT is.  What makes MT "immune" to his QB retiring and not JuJu?  

I agree with the take on the trade though.  
Yes I am extremely off MT. Hes even a FA at the end of the year, I believe, so that's another wildcard.

i would speculate that people have more faith in the saints/sean payton post brees than they do in the steelers post ben

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up Gallman, Wayne NYG RB; Mack, Marlon IND RB

Team B gave up McLaurin, Terry WAS WR; Pettis, Dante SFO WR

12 Team Superflex TE Premium start 1Qb -2 RB - 3WR - 1TE - 1SFlex - 1Flex

Gave: Matt Ryan, James White and a 2020 1st (mine which i hope is mid to late - think i have a playoff team)

Got: Dalvin Cook, Jameis Winston
Cook side.  If he can stay healthy, he's an RB1 in my eyes.

@battlestarI like that trade for you a lot and I'm low on Cook

12 teams, ppr, bestball

Gave: Josh Jacobs, Deebo

Got: Gurley, Humphries 

I'm feeling good about it now. I might feel great about it or terrible in a couple months 😃
I'd happily give that up for Gurley. Unless his knee is completely shot, this shot be worth it.

12 team PPR

Team A trades: 

Corey Davis 

2020 1st (feels like mid 1st at the moment)

Team B trades:

Stefon Diggs
I'd go with Diggs here, though I think its very close. 

Non - PPR

I traded Juju for Mixon.

I needed another RB and was strong at WR, he needed another WR and was strong at RB.
Super tight call here. I guess I prefer JuJu, just because he's already elite, and WR's last longer, but its a fairly even deal.

ChuckLiddell said:
Non - PPR

I traded Juju for Mixon.

This seems fine in non-ppr

12 teams, ppr, bestball

Gave: Mid-1st

Got: Guice

I'm buying Guice where I can for this price. He might not pan out but people are souring too quickly due to the injury and crowded situation in WAS. I think he wins a workhorse roll at some point this season and his value sky rockets. 

This seems fine in non-ppr

12 teams, ppr, bestball

Gave: Mid-1st

Got: Guice

I'm buying Guice where I can for this price. He might not pan out but people are souring too quickly due to the injury and crowded situation in WAS. I think he wins a workhorse roll at some point this season and his value sky rockets. 
I think Guice is more talented than anybody from this year's rookie class. Only issue is health, otherwise, he'll breeze right by Peterson and co.

Milkman said:
For this year and next it's pretty even. Longterm Juju is so young I'd rather have him. If you're win now it's fine. 
I think it's pretty even in PPR. In non ppr I think Mixon is worth a bit more. 

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Odell for

Chris godwin. Miles sanders....robert woods and a 2020 2nd rounder
Easy win for the side getting Godwin, etc. Woods could be close to Beckham in points this year. 

Andy Dufresne said:
Highway robbery
Not saying it is bad value for OBJ, but it could work out very nicely for the team giving him up.  That's the risk of it, but there's enough consistent production that you're getting in return for it to be worth it IMO.  EVERYONE has Godwin as a breakout candidate, and even if he doesn't he's still a top30 dynasty WR.  Woods will produce nicely as well and he's a discount WR1.  That plus most people's RB1 in this class makes it quite a nice haul.  There's risk to it, but I don't playing that risk when the downside is still consistent production.  

Easy win for the side getting Godwin, etc. Woods could be close to Beckham in points this year. 
I don't see that. I love Woods but OBJ is the one with a very solid shot at overall WR1 this year. That said I like the value on the Woods side as well. If I had an offer of OBJ sitting in my box for those pieces, it would be hard to decide. It's probably about fair.

Not saying it is bad value for OBJ, but it could work out very nicely for the team giving him up.  That's the risk of it, but there's enough consistent production that you're getting in return for it to be worth it IMO.  EVERYONE has Godwin as a breakout candidate, and even if he doesn't he's still a top30 dynasty WR.  Woods will produce nicely as well and he's a discount WR1.  That plus most people's RB1 in this class makes it quite a nice haul.  There's risk to it, but I don't playing that risk when the downside is still consistent production.  
Almost nobody has Sanders as RB1 in this year's class.

Godwin will be #2 as long as he plays with Evans.

Woods is a respectable WR1.

A 2nd rounder is a crapshoot.

So it's several "well...okay...I guess" players for one of the game's elites.

So if I'm starting over with a roster then I guess it's a decent return. 

You see no value in Pettis?
I like him quite a bit, I think he's going to remain ahead of Samuel both short and long term. But unless Kittle is a flash in the pan, that is probably only going to amount to WR3 numbers, and while I don't see what the Mack truthers see, I do see an RB2, albeit a TD dependent one, in an offense that should have no shortage of redzone chances.

Almost nobody has Sanders as RB1 in this year's class.

Godwin will be #2 as long as he plays with Evans.

Woods is a respectable WR1.

A 2nd rounder is a crapshoot.

So it's several "well...okay...I guess" players for one of the game's elites.

So if I'm starting over with a roster then I guess it's a decent return. 
You can easily poke holes in OBJ's future as well.  If you see all the mouths to feed and have a hard time imagining him dominating then I can absolutely see an easy case being made for the "other" side.  OBJ's last top5 finish was 2016, 2018 he was finally healthy but even there Robert Woods outproduced him from a fantasy perspective.  Is OBJ universally considered more "talented" than Woods?  Yes, I'll concede to that.  But there is a scenario that has him as a boom/bust WR1 type rather than the consistent producer some might want him to be.  Woods and OBJ are basically the same age (less than 6 months apart) and their production could mirror each other over the next few years.  

I don't really want to get into Sanders not being the RB1 in this class but if he isn't #1 he is damn sure #2.  Either way he's a top5 rookie pick at worst, that along with a WR1 and a breakout candidate isn't exactly "highway robbery" as you stated.  

@Zyphros  I'll concede to hyperbole. And you've made a decent case.

Last point I'll make is the "many mouths to feed" argument never gets far with me when it's said about the primary mouth. Every team trots out 3-4 pass catchers and someone to run it on most downs. Elite players are elite because they're the primary option. 

Anyway, good talk.

Last point I'll make is the "many mouths to feed" argument never gets far with me when it's said about the primary mouth. Every team trots out 3-4 pass catchers and someone to run it on most downs. Elite players are elite because they're the primary option. 
I agree that this is one of the most over-used clichés out there (most teams have plenty of "mouths") - and it's especially irrelevant when we're talking about the alpha guy. Jarvis Landry owners should be worried about OBJ, but not the other way around. If you're projecting targets for the Browns' players pencil OBJ in for around 160 and go down from there.

I like him quite a bit, I think he's going to remain ahead of Samuel both short and long term. But unless Kittle is a flash in the pan, that is probably only going to amount to WR3 numbers, and while I don't see what the Mack truthers see, I do see an RB2, albeit a TD dependent one, in an offense that should have no shortage of redzone chances.
I don't think Kittles needs to be a flash in the pan for Pettis to return WR2 value as the second option in what could be a pretty good passing game should Jimmy G stay healthy. After he came back from his injury he finished with a 24-359-4 statline in his last 5 games (and that was without Garrapolo) and Kittles still thrived.

Users who are viewing this thread