What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (24 Viewers)

Do you think there are enough teams where their biggest need is RB/would go for a RB round 1? 

Miami, since they have so many picks, seems like an obvious choice
I can definitely see at least two teams taking a RB in Rd 1 and I can see teams trading up to the later part of Rd 1 to take one of the three if he's still on the board late in Rd 1.  Having said that, there are other RBs with great value to be had in Rd. 2 or later.  The depth of this RB class is great, both at the top and later.   I just don't see the top 3 dropping in the draft.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I can definitely see at least two teams taking a RB in Rd 1 and I can see teams trading up to the later part of Rd 1 to take one of the three if he's still on the board late in Rd 1.  Having said that, there are other RBs with great value to be had in Rd. 2 or later.  The depth of this RB class is great, both at the top and later.   I just don't see the top 3 dropping in the draft.  
Nice to hear your opinion. That was mine prior to recent mocks and other sites having 1 (or 0) RBs with round 1 grades. I really like my top 5 and could see them going in the first 2 rounds. Etienne is my 6th rb and I obviously have him rated lower than you but I have him as a low 2nd/early 3rd grade right now and my 6th rookie rb. I agree with you that the depth seems pretty great. rb6 in this draft class is still a top prospect 

14 Team No PPR

Got: DHenry and TLockett

Gave: Bell and Julio

I am the #3 seed.  Love the upgrade from Bell to Henry for playoff run. Julio's age is creeping up and injuries are mounting.

I have McCaffrey, DFreeman, Hopkins, Godwin, KAllen along with 3 #1 picks --- 2 are top 8

14 Team No PPR

I am the #3 seed.  Love the upgrade from Bell to Henry for playoff run. Julio's age is creeping up and injuries are mounting.

I have McCaffrey, DFreeman, Hopkins, Godwin, KAllen along with 3 #1 picks --- 2 are top 8
I like this for you

14 Team No PPR

you destroyed that trade.  Due to age you won't regret losing Julio and Henry >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bell.

In the midst of a full rebuild in my 10 team superflex dynasty.  Made the trade with a contender on Sunday morning.

I sent:

Dede Westbrook

Ryan Griffin

2020 3rd (will be 3.5)

I got:

Dallas Goedert

2021 2nd (likely mid-late)

Wanted to upgrade TE group since this year it's become clear that while Evan Engram is a good fantasy asset, he can also be counted on for an annual injury.  Adding Goedert to a group that also includes Ebron and Dawson Knox feels solid if not spectacular.  

you destroyed that trade.  Due to age you won't regret losing Julio and Henry >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bell.
Remember when Henry was a dog and Bell was the best RB in the not so distant past?  As for Julio, I would be hard pressed to trade him for that.  He could be slowing down some but I expect at least 3 more very good years from him.  RBs can fade very fast in the NFL as we have seen.  In dynasty I don't do this trade without a 1st rd pick thrown in.  What if Bell is traded to the Chiefs?

What if Bell is traded to the Chiefs?
Interesting consideration, if not actually likely, but if we consider this option, Bell will be more a Rec RB and not a plodder or GL RB.  He would be getting carries late when the game is out of hand, but they would/should have a decent reliable RB2 to share this role.  I could see Bell being Top 15 in such a role, but I don't know if he has the "interest" to push himself to be Top 5 again.  Some of it is the question is his heart into it like previously? 

I'm confused... what does Engram have to do with this trade?
Should've clarified.  Engram is also a member of my team.  While he had been my presumed TE1 going forward.  However his injury history and pairing with Daniel Jones led me to realize that perhaps I needed to add another tight end with some upside and not solely rely on Engram to be my guy going forward.

12-team QRRWWWTF 0.75ppr

Trade 1 - made just prior to playoffs, I'm rebuilding he's contending

Gave: Devin Singletary

Got: 2020 1st (8 overall)

Trade 2 - Made just after this guy was eliminated from the playoffs.

Gave: 2020 1st (will fall between 9-12)

Got: Odell Beckham Jr. 

I know some of you will kill the guy who gave me OBJ, but I can understand his desire to move on. And yes I realize it's crazy I got more for Singletary than I gave for Odell. I'm sure Odell is very available in many leagues right now. 

I have 2 offers to consider from the same owner & would love community feedback:

I have Evan Engram & little depth at TE (Gronk (lol), Uzomah, Hurst) but I’m pretty loaded at WR. Hopkins, Evans, Boyd, Sutton, TyWilliams, ARob, D.Robinson, KeeSean Johnson, Tavon Austin (who could have a larger role if AC is gone), Chester Rodgers & Deon Cain.

i also have very little 2020 draft equity as I had to trade much away for some RB depth & Boyd/KeeSaun. And it’s really, really hard to trust Engram to stay healthy. 

Offer 1

I give Sutton

I get Ertz & a 2020 1st (1.07 of 12 teams)

Offer 2: 

I give Boyd

i get Ertz & a 2020 2nd (2.07)

I like both offers, but I’m leaning towards offer #2. While I’m high on Boyd, Lock showed me enough to want to keep Sutton as a core player. 

also worth noting, we have 5 flex & 1 Superflex, so if EE stays healthy I can arguably start both if needs be (BYE/matchup/just because) so lineup depth isn’t really hurt by either deal. 

Is 2020 draft deep enough to make that 1st rounder worth losing Sutton? Is Boyd too good for just Ertz/2nd? 

Dynasty guru feedback much appreciated. 

12-team QRRWWWTF 0.75ppr

I have a huge mancrush  on Singletary & will likely overspend for him in redraft next year, so I would have probably kept him, or tried for a little more than 1.08, but it’s not terrible. If truly rebuilding I get it but you may have been able to get a 3rd too. 

I know some of you will kill the guy who gave me OBJ, but I can understand his desire to move on. And yes I realize it's crazy I got more for Singletary than I gave for Odell. I'm sure Odell is very available in many leagues right now. 
I think that’s a fair price IF

1. Beckham has surgery and is healthy

2. CLE gets its offensive woes figured out

3. OBJ stops being a malcontent PITA

That’s a lot that has to go right....but the upside is definitely there. 

personally I’m unlikely to invest too much in Browns players. That franchise is cursed. 

12-team QRRWWWTF 0.75ppr

I think you got a good return for Singletary there. Singletary is good, but at 1.8 you'll get a guy who has more upside IMO. 

trade 2... I don't like OBJ, at all, but this is a great deal for you obviously. If hype starts for OBJ he could be a quick flip for profit. Or if you like him you're taking a pretty decent shot at him regaining NY form. Based off this year alone, you got hosed... I wouldnt give him credit for his NY production myself, and I wouldn't give a late 1st for him just because I dont think his value goes higher than it is today. I can admit I'm in the minority on that. 

Best of luck to you on these deals!

Probably the 1.7
Is this year’s first round really worth the drop-off from Sutton to Boyd though? That’s what I’m struggling with - I’m not sure what 2020 looks like for Cinci at QB. Heck, I’m not even sure Boyd will be featured over Ross - they seem like WR1a & 1b. 

i love Sutton’s situation. 

this is tough. Thanks for the response though. 

Offer 1

I give Sutton

I like Sutton a lot but I think I would go Ertz and the 7 with this upcoming class. 7 could land a really good WR or RB or at least put you easily in striking distance to trade up farther.

Edit: Seems like a lock Cinci will be drafting Burrow at this point. But I definitely wouldn't say it's a lock that AJG will be gone.

I like Sutton a lot but I think I would go Ertz and the 7 with this upcoming class. 7 could land a really good WR or RB or at least put you easily in striking distance to trade up farther.

Edit: Seems like a lock Cinci will be drafting Burrow at this point. But I definitely wouldn't say it's a lock that AJG will be gone.
That’s part of why Sutton feels more like a keeper - if all of Ross, AJG & Boyd are still in Cinci next year, and considering I don’t know who their QB is, wouldn’t it be a lot safer dealing Boyd (and riskier keeping him)? 

is the 1.07 really worth that much for 2020 vs the 2.07?   Draft picks are so hit or miss...plus if anything I’d probably take a QB since it’s a superflex & I’ve got Brady/Mahomes/Carr. Brady seems like he’s got a very short shelf-life right now. hard to know what’s gonna happen to Carr. I wish he had enough weapons this year to see his potential. 

12-team QRRWWWTF 0.75ppr

I would probably rather thave the 1.8 because I like this draft, but in reality, giving up Singletary at this point for a late 1st seems like giving up too early to me.  Probably a wash unless you hit on someone with the 1.8, which is a good possibility in this draft.

I would probably rather thave the 1.8 because I like this draft, but in reality, giving up Singletary at this point for a late 1st seems like giving up too early to me.  Probably a wash unless you hit on someone with the 1.8, which is a good possibility in this draft.
That’s just it - how much do we realistically expect from Gore in 2020?  Buffalo will have to have someone as a breather back, but the first 3-4 games it was a lot more of a split. 

so arguably we haven’t seen anything close to the best of Singletary, especially since his QB is still developing as well. 

To make this deal worthwhile, he’d 1. Have to nail the 1.08 pick with a bust-proof player & 2. Be deep enough at RB to afford to lose Singletary (which may well be the case & reason for the trade). 

That’s just it - how much do we realistically expect from Gore in 2020?  Buffalo will have to have someone as a breather back, but the first 3-4 games it was a lot more of a split. 

so arguably we haven’t seen anything close to the best of Singletary, especially since his QB is still developing as well. 

To make this deal worthwhile, he’d 1. Have to nail the 1.08 pick with a bust-proof player & 2. Be deep enough at RB to afford to lose Singletary (which may well be the case & reason for the trade). 
My reasoning is that I took singletary in the 2nd round as an underwhelming athlete but good situation and potential to make some noise on an ascending offense. From what I had seen up to the time of the trade I really liked singletary but I expect the bills to invest in another competent rb if not a true feature back through draft or FA. Singletary could lose value between then and the draft, and not likely to emerge as a bonafide stud worth a top 5 pick, whereas the 1.8 will have a constant value which fits my goals in a rebuild. Can’t say I wouldn’t love to have the Motor on my team but I wanted lots of bullets to fire at this acclaimed draft class.

My reasoning is that I took singletary in the 2nd round as an underwhelming athlete but good situation and potential to make some noise on an ascending offense. From what I had seen up to the time of the trade I really liked singletary but I expect the bills to invest in another competent rb if not a true feature back through draft or FA. Singletary could lose value between then and the draft, and not likely to emerge as a bonafide stud worth a top 5 pick, whereas the 1.8 will have a constant value which fits my goals in a rebuild. Can’t say I wouldn’t love to have the Motor on my team but I wanted lots of bullets to fire at this acclaimed draft class.
I agree here

ETA, you turned a 2nd round pick into a 1st. good work

In the preseason I moved Mixon for Ingram and a 2020 1st and 2nd. They ended up the 1.01 and 2.01. Ingram might *still* outscore Mixon next year. Probably a dog to do so but not by much today. 

That’s fair reasoning. As mentioned, I mancrush on Motor, which would cloud my judgement on this. I was being totally up front about that. :lol:  

But I agree that the Bills will be bringing in a RB. I’m just not sure if Singletary loses, gains or remains constant value from that.  I don’t expect the Bills to make it a high priority as I think they’re going to give Singletary every chance to be a feature back (or as much of one as the Bills use since they have a running QB) for 2020.

but I respect your reasoning & I think your deal was fair. 

In the preseason I moved Mixon for Ingram and a 2020 1st and 2nd. They ended up the 1.01 and 2.01. Ingram might *still* outscore Mixon next year. Probably a dog to do so but not by much today. 
Because of where the picks ended up you slayed that deal. You’ll likely get 1 more RB2-3 season out of Ingram, and you’re now loaded with draft equity. Great job if you can nail one or both of those picks. 

Also, I like Mixon as a player but detest him as a person, and I don’t like owning Browns or Bengals. So that’s a bonus. 

It’s a dynasty trade topic & the season is over. Where better to post it? 

also why neither? I need a TE - offers seem fair?   :shrug:
I think it was 2 years ago I was told this is for completed trades only (season is never over in dynasty!)

I think both trades are fair value, if you like Ertz. 1.7 is okay, but not great. Sutton is a hit already, and a rookie is a 50/50 crap shoot. at 1.7 consider the top 4 rbs and lamb/jeudy are gone... so you're kind of into that 3rd or 4th tier already. 

The 2nd trade is probably the one I'd do it I were desperate for a TE, but again... just not very high on Ertz. I'm not liking that te situation in philly- hard to get a pulse on it. 

I think it was 2 years ago I was told this is for completed trades only
ah - sorry, my bad. I didn’t know that. Thought trade discussion was allowed. 

i think both trades are fair value, if you like Ertz. 1.7 is okay, but not great. Sutton is a hit already, and a rookie is a 50/50 crap shoot. at 1.7 consider the top 4 rbs and lamb/jeudy are gone... so you're kind of into that 3rd or 4th tier already. 

The 2nd trade is probably the one I'd do it I were desperate for a TE, but again... just not very high on Ertz. I'm not liking that te situation in philly- hard to get a pulse on it. 
Thanks for the feedback - I agree and appreciate it. I suspect Philly will continue to lean on him for at least another year & that gives me time to see if Engram is my long-term solution. 

ah - sorry, my bad. I didn’t know that. Thought trade discussion was allowed. 

Thanks for the feedback - I agree and appreciate it. I suspect Philly will continue to lean on him for at least another year & that gives me time to see if Engram is my long-term solution. 
Ertz and Engram is nothing to sneeze at. It depends what you're like at wr... which you have good depth. Personally I see Sutton as a star. Boyd looks pretty solid, but he could have a Mariota situation or Mahomes... no one knows right now. 

If I had Boyd and I could flip him for Ertz, and I was expecting only 1-2 more years of production from Ertz, I'd probably do it. Not sure I'd flip Sutton... but then again I havent researched outside of the top 6 because that's where all my picks are, and guys are yet to declare. 

Ertz and Engram is nothing to sneeze at. It depends what you're like at wr... which you have good depth. Personally I see Sutton as a star. Boyd looks pretty solid, but he could have a Mariota situation or Mahomes... no one knows right now. 

If I had Boyd and I could flip him for Ertz, and I was expecting only 1-2 more years of production from Ertz, I'd probably do it. Not sure I'd flip Sutton... but then again I havent researched outside of the top 6 because that's where all my picks are, and guys are yet to declare. 
This is where I’m at with the offer. I have a lot of WR, and EE isn’t exactly reliable. It’s a multi-flex league but also a mandatory start 1 TE league. 

so there’s no drop-off at WR, while there’s significant drop off if EE gets hurt & I've got to start Uzomah or Hurst. 

Again, I appreciate the feedback.

Apologies to the forum if I’ve overextended discussion beyond the rules in this topic. :)  

I personally dont care. I like hearing what people have to say too, especially regulars here. Good luck in your offseason. 
There’s been action!  I balked at Sutton for Ertz/1.07 & said I’d take the Boyd for Ertz/2.07. He started renegotiating for Sutton (as I thought he would). 

I played hardball as I don’t really want to lose Sutton. now it’s between:

1. Boyd for Ertz/2.07 (unchanged) 

or

2. Sutton for Ertz/Daniel Jones

bear in mind it’s a superflex league & at present I’ve got Mahomes/Brady/Carr

i should know by tomorrow. I’m ok with either deal, and FWIW dynasty trade calculator has me winning both (though they’re both close) 

happy offseason, and oh yeah, Merry XMas everyone! :lol:  

I personally dont care. I like hearing what people have to say too, especially regulars here. Good luck in your offseason. 
This has also been one of those rare "would you do this trade?" posts that turns into actual, meaningful discussion around the players/picks involved and proved valuable to the thread.  

Ertz and 2.07 would be gone fast for Boyd. Goedert is lurking and 2.07 is meh unless of course you grab a Godwin there. Ertz is also 30 ish.

I have 2 offers to consider from the same owner & would love community feedback:

I have Evan Engram & little depth at TE (Gronk (lol), Uzomah, Hurst) but I’m pretty loaded at WR. Hopkins, Evans, Boyd, Sutton, TyWilliams, ARob, D.Robinson, KeeSean Johnson, Tavon Austin (who could have a larger role if AC is gone), Chester Rodgers & Deon Cain.

i also have very little 2020 draft equity as I had to trade much away for some RB depth & Boyd/KeeSaun. And it’s really, really hard to trust Engram to stay healthy. 

Offer 1

I give Sutton

Offer 2: 

I give Boyd

i get Ertz & a 2020 2nd (2.07)

I like both offers, but I’m leaning towards offer #2. While I’m high on Boyd, Lock showed me enough to want to keep Sutton as a core player. 

also worth noting, we have 5 flex & 1 Superflex, so if EE stays healthy I can arguably start both if needs be (BYE/matchup/just because) so lineup depth isn’t really hurt by either deal. 

Is 2020 draft deep enough to make that 1st rounder worth losing Sutton? Is Boyd too good for just Ertz/2nd? 

Dynasty guru feedback much appreciated. 
Ertz and Higgins or Ruggs and it’s not even close! Take it and run!!

Tex

There’s been action!  I balked at Sutton for Ertz/1.07 & said I’d take the Boyd for Ertz/2.07. He started renegotiating for Sutton (as I thought he would). 

I played hardball as I don’t really want to lose Sutton. now it’s between:

1. Boyd for Ertz/2.07 (unchanged) 

or

2. Sutton for Ertz/Daniel Jones

bear in mind it’s a superflex league & at present I’ve got Mahomes/Brady/Carr

i should know by tomorrow. I’m ok with either deal, and FWIW dynasty trade calculator has me winning both (though they’re both close) 

happy offseason, and oh yeah, Merry XMas everyone! :lol:  
WOW!!!! You balked at that offer?!?!?

Tex

WOW!!!! You balked at that offer?!?!?

Tex
At Sutton for Ertz/1.97 yeah.

I’m waiting for his choice - it’ll be one of the two On the table now and I’m good with either. 

Sutton is arguably my best futures player after Mahomes. He’s an established WR1 on a team with a young QB who just proved to me he can get the ball to him. PPR he’s been money every week, and I think there’s room to grow. 

ertz is 29, and may only have a couple years left. Who knows what I’ll get at 1.07

so I told him if he wants Sutton the price is DJones/Ertz.

if he wants to go less blockbuster I think Boyd for Ertz/2.07 is fair.

the trade calculator has both trades slightly in my favor (superflex league) by like 11% & 14% respectively.

both are fair - both help my team. Hoping for the Boyd deal TBH as I’d like to divest from Bengals and I dunno what their QB situation will be, but if he gives me DJones I’ll stick with Boyd no problem. Them I’ve got 2 solid young QBs and Carr. 

Jones is better than 1.7 in superflex, right? so that’s the play. 
Yeah. 

those are the two offers on the table. I doubt I get a QB at 1.07, which is exactly why I countered. He’s got like 6 QBs. One’s Firzmagic, but he has Dak, Mayfield, Tannehill, etc.

I’m not really looking to move Sutton, so that kinda gives me the advantage in negotiations. We had the deal in place for Boyd. When I got back to him & accepted, he started coming for Sutton again. Felt like I was in a position of strength since he kinda tipped his hand there. 

And he gets to keep his 1.07, which is pretty solid this draft class. 

IDP 35 player performance league.  Q-R-W-W-T-R/W/T plus IDP.

Team A gets Barkley+Parker+5th

for

Team B gets Chubb+Julio+OJ Howard

Team B is in win now mode and is playing for championship this week.

IDP 35 player performance league.  Q-R-W-W-T-R/W/T plus IDP.

Team A gets Barkley+Parker+5th

for

Team B gets Chubb+Julio+OJ Howard

Team B is in win now mode and is playing for championship this week.
Whoa - no trade deadline?  That’s kinda whack.

FWIW I like the Team A side better. Barkley is the best player in the whole deal. Youth, talent. Julio is pretty up & down & Chubb now has KHunt to compete for carries with. 

Yeah. 

those are the two offers on the table. I doubt I get a QB at 1.07, which is exactly why I countered. He’s got like 6 QBs. One’s Firzmagic, but he has Dak, Mayfield, Tannehill, etc.

I’m not really looking to move Sutton, so that kinda gives me the advantage in negotiations. We had the deal in place for Boyd. When I got back to him & accepted, he started coming for Sutton again. Felt like I was in a position of strength since he kinda tipped his hand there. 

And he gets to keep his 1.07, which is pretty solid this draft class. 
Final deal worked out.

I gave: Sutton / 2020 pick 5.10 / 2021 pick 4.xx

i got: Zach Ertz / Daniel Jones 

superflex league, so DJones is a starter along with Mahomes, Carr is now useful depth/BYE & Brady can be dealt to a needy team if he doesn’t retire. 

I’ve still got nice depth at WR with Evans/Hopkins/Boyd/TyWilliams/DCousins/KeeSaun/Deion Cain and now I don’t have to hold my breath on Evan Engram staying healthy. 

Since we have multiple flex spots, if EE does stay healthy I can start both TEs. 

Whoa - no trade deadline?  That’s kinda whack.

FWIW I like the Team A side better. Barkley is the best player in the whole deal. Youth, talent. Julio is pretty up & down & Chubb now has KHunt to compete for carries with. 
We have an interesting league setup: two week playoff series (so week 17 is part two of the championship) and no trade deadline.  One free agency period between playoff series.

The no trade deadline thing was pretty controversial when we started it a few years back, but holy cow people love it now.  The wheeling and dealing that happens for teams "in the money" as they overpay weaker teams for aging studs to try and win their playoff matchups has been a real treat both for excitement and for encouraging league parity.

The wheeling and dealing that happens for teams "in the money" as they overpay weaker teams for aging studs to try and win their playoff matchups has been a real treat both for excitement and for encouraging league parity.
lol - that excitement is usually the drama people try to avoid by having a trade deadline. 

i can only imagine how brutal LCG teams get raked over the coals begging for talent for the LCG. :lol:  

each to their own but if I were facing a team for all the marbled that suddenly had Julio or Barkley I’d be livid. 

Hahah!  Well, that's true, but it goes both ways.  Usually both teams in the championship are selling off some of their depth to improve their starting lineups.  ironically, the team in the LCS in this example is the team that GAVE UP Barkley to better position themselves for the Championship (Parker was one of their starters going against NE). 

The flow of up and coming talent from the league's best teams down to the lesser teams is really pretty amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread