What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

jeaton6 said:
DT getting cheaper and cheaper every day.
I've never seen a few bad playoff games change the perspective on a player so quickly. It's like everyone forgets he caught 105 balls during the regular season.

12 Team PPR 1 QB 2 RB 2-3 WR 1-2 TE

Team One - David Johnson & Dez Bryant + 2017 1st & 2nd round picks

Team Two - Ryan Matthews, Brandon Cooks, & Sammy Watkins

But how are you going to get those "similar guys" in 2-3 years?  You'll have to trade for them if you don't already have them.  Maybe trade a 1st - above the guy traded the #1 overall to get DT, that's a big price tag.  Then you'll have to do it all over again when that guy slows down.  Why do all that when you could just get a Cooper or Watkins or Evans or Hopkins or Cooks or A Rob or (fill in the blank with the young WR you like)?  If I have that young guy now, I won't have to give up something in 2-3 years all over again to replace my aging DT or Jordy.

Just my $.02.
1.01 was an overpay given the current market value of Demaryius.  Others in here have gotten him much cheaper.

That said, if you're willing to hold, Demaryius has a fair bit more than 2-3 years left.  Jordy is more of a 2-3 year guy, and he's pretty dang cheap right now.

Likewise, if you can just ride out Cooper/Watkins/Evans for 10 years then great.  Problem is that most of the people that end up owning those guys are the ones that always want the shiny new thing and end up ditching them once they are no longer that.  Hence all the people selling Demaryius.  Those were all people that wanted the shiny new thing 2-3 years ago.  Now that he's no longer it, he gets sold off below his true value.

Having a WR1 locked up for 10 years is great if you have the discipline to hold, but how many people actually keep those guys for 10 years?  The personality that lands you that young stud often (not saying you) doesn't agree with that.  What's the point in getting a guy that's going to be a solid WR1 for 10 years if you're only keeping him for 3 and then selling him off below true value, just so you can spend huge resources to play that lottery all over again and hope you don't end up with the next young WR that flops.

Again, I'm not faulting people for having a personality trait that is present in most of us.  A few years ago I did a start-up auction draft where I spent half my cap to get a WR duo of Dez Bryant/AJ Green.  That was my whole strategy, get those young stud WRs and I can spend all my resources over the next 8 years elsewhere.  Now we're about to enter our 3rd year and I'm just itching to trade them for half of what I paid so I can make a run at someone like Watkins or Evans.  I have to keep talking myself into not making that mistake and I think if I weren't "self aware" of the issue I probably would have by now, and how dumb it would be.

ETA: Perhaps another way to look at it regarding your original point, is that the cost to acquire a 10-year stud like OBJ is probably more than what you could pay to acquire two Demaryius Thomas' five years apart, or three Jordy Nelson's three years apart.  That is, what you would trade for Jordy Nelson now, another similar guy 3 years from now, and another similar guy to that 3 years later is probably (quite a bit) less in total than what you would have to trade for OBJ now, with the bonus that you get to spread out that cost and spread out the risk.  Same deal with buying Demaryius now and another similar guy 5 years from now.  Not to mention the points above where, once you have OBJ, there's a fair chance that he's just a piece to a never-ending round of diminishing returns where you sell your 10 year stud off after 3 years for half of what it cost to acquire him whenever you get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well aware of what I wrote. Yes cited consensus (i.e. the alleged multiple wrongs) as a datapoint point that the value isn't TERRIBLE as you indicate. 

A lot of nerve..lmfao. Are we talking football or is this gossip girls? Sensitive much? JC.
Yea it's a terrible trade and your "consensus" data is not in line with leagues I participate.

Sensitive? No, just annoyed that in a discussion forum where we provide opinions as the basis of the discussion that someone wants to call me out for disagreeing with your false consensus. But go ahead and follow the sheep, hope that works out well for you. 

Same league, PPR

Traded charles and 2.11 for Gio and 1.08.

Traded demarco Murray for 2017 1st and 3rd - probably later ones.

Decided to start a rebuild in a league where my WRs (Calvin, DT, Gordon and Marshall) went down quick from 2 years ago.  RBs getting older too.  Instead of trying one last run I'll use the theory that it's better to trade a player a year too early than a year too late.  Traded Marshall earlier. Now I need to move DT.
Wow great value for you. Haven't seen Murray fetch a first this offseason (went for 2017 2 in one) and haven't seen Charles dealt but this was basically a couple of firsts for him. Well done,

12 Team PPR 1 QB 2 RB 2-3 WR 1-2 TE

Team One - David Johnson & Dez Bryant + 2017 1st & 2nd round picks

Team Two - Ryan Matthews, Brandon Cooks, & Sammy Watkins
Hmm. I like the side getting Dez by about the 2017 1.

Carson Palmer for 2.8

agholor for John brown
2.8, could see paying it though if totally desperate for QB. Seems hard to believe in start 1 QB though.

Brown by a decent margin. Agholor has potential (did little with all those starts last year though) but Brown has shown he belongs and can produce even with Fitz and Floyd around.

Yea it's a terrible trade and your "consensus" data is not in line with leagues I participate.

Sensitive? No, just annoyed that in a discussion forum where we provide opinions as the basis of the discussion that someone wants to call me out for disagreeing with your false consensus. But go ahead and follow the sheep, hope that works out well for you. 
Do you own DT in a high % of your leagues or have you polled other DT owners in these leagues or had lengthy debates on his value in all these leagues or seen him dealt in all these leagues for significantly less than this consistently to come to this conclusion that this is a terrible trade? 

Below was posted recently in AC forum and consensus was people were on DT side but guessing this is another Terrible one in your eyes? So absolute. 

DT for White/Gio/McKinnon/2018/2017 4.

FYI - I was on the White side in this one (felt like an overpay for DT given market value) but terrible, no.

Call you out, like I said sensitive, clearly.

Do you own DT in a high % of your leagues or have you polled other DT owners in these leagues or had lengthy debates on his value in all these leagues or seen him dealt in all these leagues for significantly less than this consistently to come to this conclusion that your opinion is correct that this is a terrible trade? 

Call you out, like I said sensitive, clearly.
No, yes, and neither have a thing to do with how I formulate my opinion.

I traded for dt with 2.1 and 2.8 for Lamar Miller and 1.7. 

Everyone is intiteled to their opinions.  That is how trades are made

yep, 1QB, and that's what I was feeling too - thanks !what pick evens this out? Mid 2nd or so?
Another early 1st.  A 2017 1st might get it somewhat close given how those are valued right now but even that I think would be an underpay for 1.1.  Like I said, it's not really even close as it is, imo.

yep, 1QB, and that's what I was feeling too - thanks !what pick evens this out? Mid 2nd or so?
Maybe the #2 rookie pick.  Maybe.  No way I trade Zeek for a non top 3 QB and another rookie pick after where he ended up (in a dynasty).

After Elliot was drafted by the Cowboys, I threw this offer out, as a what the heck kind of thing, to the owner of the 1.01 and it was accepted:

for

1.02 and 2017 1st (will probably be 1.08-1.14)

10 team ppr, 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1superflex/idp

Team A Trades:

Brandin Cooks

Team B Trades:

1.01, 1.06

12 team PPR. We had our 7 round rookie draft last week. 

Gave: Tyler Lockett and Kenneth Dixon

Got J Hill and Stephon Diggs

16 team PPR, 6 pts TD pass

Traded Bradford (1 year deal) and $15 FA/RFA cash (you get $75 a year and rolls over)

For

Palmer (open contract)

12 Team ppr,1qb/1rb,2wr,te,2flex,1k,1d

Team A trades:

Bernard, Giovani CIN RB
Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.06

Team B trades:

Murray, Latavius OAK RB
Wright, Kendall TEN WR
Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.12

12 Team ppr,1qb/1rb,2wr,te,2flex,1k,1d

Team A trades:

Bernard, Giovani CIN RB
Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.06

Team B trades:

Murray, Latavius OAK RB
Wright, Kendall TEN WR
Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.12
I'll go with Gio side. Younger and likely to move on next year. Really have my reservations about Wright at this point. To me the 2.6 wasn't necessary.

12 team dynasty

Team A gets Julio, Freeman, Aaron rodgers

Team B gets Hopkins, Lamar Miller, Russel Wilson, picks 2.7, 3.5, 3.12

12 team 0.5 PPR, QB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE Flex RB/WR

Before the NFL Draft:

• Team A gave up Miller, Lamar HOU RB; Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.07
  • Team B gave up Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.01;Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.01;Year 2016 Draft Pick 4.01 (rounds 4 & 5 happen in August)

14 tm 0.5 ppr (not my trade)

1.2 + 2017 1st + Walford

for

1.5 + Hurns 

2017 pick is for the team that earned 1.1, but could be mid if Edelman, Nelson, Hilton have good years. I assume he is hoping Henry makes it to 1.5.

1.2 2017 1st side
Agreed. Seems odd the guy giving up 1.2 had to give up the 2017 1 as well. To move from 1.5 to 1.2 usually will take a solid player (like Hurns) or a pick in the 1.7-1.10 range. Bare minimum would have thought a 2017 2, Walford and the move from 1.5 to 1.2 should be enough for Hurns.

Agreed. Seems odd the guy giving up 1.2 had to give up the 2017 1 as well. To move from 1.5 to 1.2 usually will take a solid player (like Hurns) or a pick in the 1.7-1.10 range. Bare minimum would have thought a 2017 2, Walford and the move from 1.5 to 1.2 should be enough for Hurns.
This isn't even close.  This is Walford and the 2017 first for free.

Sorry but I've gotta disagree here. The 1.1 just isn't worth this much. Assuming it ends up being worth 12 in startups I just can't see taking the side of the 12 for the 24, 48 and 60. White has a ton of potential here and would have been 1.2 at worst in this class. If I had an offer like this for the 1.1 I'd take it in a heart beat.

Users who are viewing this thread