Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I like Chark but that's a huge win for you.

I was offered that by an owner who likes Chark even more than I do, which I didn't expect. I had recently gotten the 1.10 back in a deal where I big time overpaid for AJ Brown, so I was happy to (seemingly) gain some value back. FWIW the owner said he chose to send this offer to me over accepting an offer of Mixon and 2.09 he had received from someone else. He sees Chark as a top-5 WR the next 5 years.

I find that trades with owners who have strong opinions in their evaluations tend to come together the easiest, as they see value differently and bet on themselves. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

1.11 by a lot IMO

So you don't think Hardman is the #2 starting WR with Mahomes for the foreseeable future? I assumed Watkins is gone and he'd be the starter with Hill. And of course IF Hill gets in trouble again (I'm not wishing that at all) he would become even more valuable. So am I over valuing Hardman here? 

1 hour ago, ffmail4me said:

I didn't even realize how little he was utilized in the playoffs until just now after looking at the box scores...now I'm feeling REALLY stupid....:bag::kicksrock:

I think it was a fairly close deal, but I don’t think it’s a certainty that Hardman is the WR2 there if Watkins leaves. He seems redundant to Hill as a starter and I could see a bigger WR in free agency or the draft coming in. Plus Kelce is the real no. 2 receiver there anyway.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

I didn't even realize how little he was utilized in the playoffs until just now after looking at the box scores...now I'm feeling REALLY stupid....:bag::kicksrock:

Ok so maybe you gave up some value here but there is a bright side-

Howard > gescicki

Hardman had a decent rookie year. Let’s not act like he’s a total bust. When they drafted him, hills status was up in the air, yet he still managed to carve out a role when hill came back- and took the punt return job from him. Only 40 targets and he topped 500 yds and  had 6 tds. You could argue that the only thing holding him back is targets, and with Watkins cap number at $21mil this year, he may not have to wait long to get them. 

Just rephrase what you got and look at the long term- “i traded for a 2nd year wr on what should be a top offense for the next 10 years.” 2 years ago if you gave the 1.11 for Godwin you probably “overpaid” then, but now there’s no way that would come close. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I think it was a fairly close deal, but I don’t think it’s a certainty that Hardman is the WR2 there if Watkins leaves. He seems redundant to Hill as a starter and I could see a bigger WR in free agency or the draft coming in. Plus Kelce is the real no. 2 receiver there anyway.

Redundant to Hill as if that would be a bad thing?

i agree that Kelce is the real 2, though. 

Dynasty, contract style...12 teams, standard scoring

Team A:  gave Ingram, K. Allen, M. Brown (Raven WR)

Team B;  gave M Sanders, McLaurin, Boyd

Team A with Allen was a 5 year contract which he wanted to move.  Team A (my son)) gave up 8 years of cap space for 4 years with the intention of signing Sanders after this year to a 3 year contract.  

30 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Redundant to Hill as if that would be a bad thing?

i agree that Kelce is the real 2, though. 

A lesser version that does the same thing isn’t an ideal no. 2 was all I was saying. If he was every bit as good as Hill of course it would be a good thing - but he’s better suited to be the WR3 imo.

10 minutes ago, jwsbowler said:

Dynasty, contract style...12 teams, standard scoring

Team A:  gave Ingram, K. Allen, M. Brown (Raven WR)

Team B;  gave M Sanders, McLaurin, Boyd

Team A with Allen was a 5 year contract which he wanted to move.  Team A (my son)) gave up 8 years of cap space for 4 years with the intention of signing Sanders after this year to a 3 year contract.  

That sounds, and I'm no expert, like a really lopsided win for your son.

Dan just curious, we all have our own opinions, buy why so down on Hardman? 6 TDs out of 40 targets (and 25 catches) is pretty outstanding. If Watkins and Robinson are both gone (VERY possible) what is NOT to like? Best QB in the game...crazy high powered offense, I just don't see why you are down on him. Is he T. Hill? No, but no one is. But his top speed is nuts, and he didn't show any issues with catching the ball. The Chiefs traded up to get him...just a lot to like about his situation in my opinion. Plus, Mahomes is only going to get better, scary thought huh? And he'll never see the best CB due to Hill and Kelce out there. 

Edited by ffmail4me
  • Like 1

FPC

Gave 1.8, 2.1 & 2.5

Got 1.2

RB desperate tm (pretty much just Chubb unless DJ resurrects) now have 1.2,1.3 as well as 2.2, 2.3, 2.12 and lots of later picks. Thinking 1.8 was likely wr value pick and I am already solid there w Thomas\Evans\Allen\Gallup\Kupp\Mclaurin\Ross. Dare I say no brainer given current roster makeup? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

FPC

Gave 1.8, 2.1 & 2.5

Got 1.2

RB desperate tm (pretty much just Chubb unless DJ resurrects) now have 1.2,1.3 as well as 2.2, 2.3, 2.12 and lots of later picks. Thinking 1.8 was likely wr value pick and I am already solid there w Thomas\Evans\Allen\Gallup\Kupp\Mclaurin\Ross. Dare I say no brainer given current roster makeup? 

Yep good deal. I think the value is on the other side but I think you are maximizing your starting lineup points, which is more important. I think it's worth losing a little value on paper (debatable here) if it means gaining a stud. 1.02 has a much higher chance of doing that, especially at RB. 

4 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty 

Gave: Edelman, Slayton, 2.9 pick 
Got: 1.11 pick and Hardman 

I like Slayton a lot but I think I like what I can get at 1.11 a little better. I'm not real big on Hardman and I would try really hard to counter for a different piece. Even a future 2nd would probably do it for me. I agree he can be the #2 WR (as mentioned Kelce is the #1 or #2 target) but I just don't think that's going to blossom into a big enough role to start on my squads. Even so I imagine I could flip Hardman for a little something and be fine with it, because I would probably take the 1.11 regardless, and I do really like Slayton a bit. 

• Like 1

FFPC league 

I traded Amari Cooper, Ronald Jones, Andy Isabella

I got Allen Robinson and 2.02

Then I did another same league

I gave up 3.11 and 4.04

I got 3.01 and a 7th (but it's Mr. Irrelevant so obviously it's super important)

Consolidation is key in FFPC to me, I'll drop whoever that 7th rounder is so I'm taking a higher chance dart throw than 2 lower percentile dart throws.  

My WR's are now Nuk, The Unicorn, Arob, Gallup, Renfrow.  I also have 1.04 and 1.07, 2.02 and 3.01 now as well.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC league 

Then I did another same league

I gave up 3.11 and 4.04

I got 3.01 and a 7th (but it's Mr. Irrelevant so obviously it's super important)

Consolidation is key in FFPC to me, I'll drop whoever that 7th rounder is so I'm taking a higher chance dart throw than 2 lower percentile dart throws.  

My WR's are now Nuk, The Unicorn, Arob, Gallup, Renfrow.  I also have 1.04 and 1.07, 2.02 and 3.01 now as well.  

Both solid moves imho

23 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty 

Gave: Edelman, Slayton, 2.9 pick 
Got: 1.11 pick and Hardman 

I like it. Edelman's value is year to year but that year might go poof without Brady.

19 hours ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

FPC

Gave 1.8, 2.1 & 2.5

Got 1.2

I like it it for you especially with your stated RB need.

17 hours ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC league 

I would prefer the Amari side on this deal even if I thought Isabella was not worthy of a roster spot, which I don't, and might have to struggle to find room to roster Jones but while I value the 2.2 and like Robinson I just like Amari more.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

dunno why this isnt here anymore, but I pulled off two in same league:

Gave: 1.09, 3.11, 2021 3, Trubisky

Got: 2.4, 2021 2nd, Hunt

Gave: 1.11

Got: 2021 1st (Team had 1.01, which I own)

What does the bolded mean?

I like your side of both trades.

24 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I think it's about equal myself.

Agreed.  He's good no doubt, when he's available.  But I think there's at least three or four guys in this draft that can be worth equal to or more than him in a year.  And you get Hunt who I still value as a late 1st or so and a next year 2nd?  Give me that side all day.

1 hour ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR 

Team A gets: JuJu 

Team B gets: Dionta Johnson & Hollywood Brown

Can’t decide which side is better. Could see Ben loving Deontae as much or more than JuJu 

I think that's gross. This is the rare "I break the keyboard hitting accept". For Juju. I kind of like Brown but nope.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smbkrypt24 said:

12 team PPR. Start 1QB, 1RB, 1 WR, 2 flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 TE

1.01, K. Hunt, 2021 2nd

for

Dalvin Cook

I've been trying to buy high on Cook in a couple spots to no avail. But I think 1.01 is about equal to him right now. I don't feel the same about 1.02. This is a free Hunt and 2nd to me. 

Just now, Dr. Dan said:

I missed this one... this is pretty ridiculous for JuJu. Makes me want to kick the tires...

I've been thinking that all offseason except I own him everywhere already. I'm actually a little perturbed that I can't go after him. And I'm not even sure he is going to be in a sweet enough spot in redraft for me to go for him there either. 

2 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Agreed.  He's good no doubt, when he's available.

Yes Dalvin is very good but the injuries are one issue. Some other minor issues as well ranging from potential holdout to Vikings being so up against the cap they got to let him walk next year and while the OL for the Vikings may not be great I think the system is pretty ideal for him.

So you got that and most of the top RB's in this draft allow you to get 3-3.5 years younger.

I own  Dalvin more then any player in fantasy and I find it hard to give him up for 1.1 right now.  Just waited so long for him to break out hard to give him up now, plus he is of course great and to me a top 5 player next year and to give him up for 1.1 when I'm not 100% sure of which player and landing spot is something I'm on side of not doing right now. But just last week, the one league I have 1.1 and badly need a RB, I saw a post by Dalvin owner(a guy who in every dynasty league of mine either I own Dalvin or he does)  who is in a rebuild and posted everyone is available. I think he'd take 1.1, but I could not bring myself to offer 1.1 for him in large part because I feel like my team is just coming off rebuild to possibly compete phase and I don't really want to trade a RB who will enter the season at age 21 for one entering the season at age 25 along with some of the other issues mentioned.

So when I say I think 1.1 vs Dalvin is about equal that's coming from my own personal experience and thoughts from last few weeks where I can truly see both sides and would go in different directions depending on team makeup.

• Like 4

in a year, if that 1.04 is jeudy/lamb/one of the RBs, that player could be worth landry and arob. Maybe. So if I was rebuilding its slightly better. The team getting landry and arob happens to be in a rebuild and is getting rid of the 1.04 and gallup, so idk

Well, a contender with depth is powerful. The playoff push and into the playoffs people are hurt and tired. Qb changes happen. Offenses change, etc. Having a couple productive players that can't get into your starting lineup regularly is a good thing, because you might need them later and theyre way above replacement level.

I see both sides. I just personally really dislike Trubisky and that taints how i value Arob, and am unsure of how Juice should be valued. I think he and Edelman, and woods are in this purgatory of perpetual disrespect because they produce a lot and regularly but arent "studs"

Edited by Pwingles
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave 1.12 pick for Thielen 

I know Thielen isn't a spring chicken, and this class is deep at WR, but for a defending league winner in win now mode thought it was a no brainer right? 

I think I like the Thielen side by a good deal. This class is deep, but so few wr prospects pop early, if you can skip a developmental guy and add a proven guy like thielen to an already solid team, thats a win.

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 3:16 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

I was offered that by an owner who likes Chark even more than I do, which I didn't expect. I had recently gotten the 1.10 back in a deal where I big time overpaid for AJ Brown, so I was happy to (seemingly) gain some value back. FWIW the owner said he chose to send this offer to me over accepting an offer of Mixon and 2.09 he had received from someone else. He sees Chark as a top-5 WR the next 5 years.

I find that trades with owners who have strong opinions in their evaluations tend to come together the easiest, as they see value differently and bet on themselves. 

The only way that happens is if the owner also trusts their evaluations.  I find the biggest obstacle to trades is an owner that doesn't trust their own evaluations.  It's why many times when you inquire about a guy that you know the other owner doesn't really like and all of a sudden the price skyrockets.  The internal thoughts go along the lines of "If that guy wants him I must be missing something so I need more to part with a guy I don't even want" 

Making deals with someone that knows what they want and trusts their evaluations is really easy.  Guys with no confidence....not so much.  I seem to run into the latter much more than the former.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hispeedthinmint said:

I didn't look at it that way, so good point. My team is a contender, and even with Landry & ARob both being bench guys for me, I don't know if I could do it. Am I just overvaluing my guys?

Or not valuing Gallup an the 1.4 enough?

• Like 1

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****