What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

12 team superflex, not involved

Team A gives - Cooks, Thielen

Team B gives - Chark

Team A (from the first trade) gives - Curtis Samuel

Team C gives - Higbee, 3.04, 3.09

Team A (same) gives - D Freeman

Team D gives - Mattison, '21 4th

Team A (same) gives - Sanu

Team E gives - 3.10
I like team A in all of them. Especially in total. Freeman could still be signed and become relevant again. But I'd probably rather get something and move on.

Chad Parsons said:
Saw Hopkins for Fournette in 12tm PPR today

If I look at this past market value and what I think Hopkins should get back in a trade and just focus on what he did get back and how each player has performed in their careers and how I forecast them to perform in the future it's fairly close to me. Injury history, and I'm one who does not think the past is such a great guide to the future with injuries, is really the only separating factor for me.

This is horrible.  Fournette might only have 1 more good year in him.  D-Hop is still the man.  No way I make this trade unless I'm the one getting Hopkins.
These kind of trades I don't get. I like Fournette probably more than most still but if you are an active dynasty player and you want Fournette, you should know that you can get Fournette ++ for Hopkins - even if you think the trade is a wash there's no need to do it straight up. Get SOMETHING else on top. 

These kind of trades I don't get. I like Fournette probably more than most still but if you are an active dynasty player and you want Fournette, you should know that you can get Fournette ++ for Hopkins - even if you think the trade is a wash there's no need to do it straight up. Get SOMETHING else on top. 
Sometimes in order to get the deal done, you can't get something else. There's a fine line between pretending to walk away from a deal and actually having to do so. If you think that the value is a wash and so does the other guy, good luck getting more out of it sometimes. 

Worst trade I’ve seen since that Hopkins-David Johnson deal....
Apparently you missed a few that went down in my leagues over the past couple weeks.

Hockeson in a 1.5 TE PPR for E- Sanders.............straight up

Beckham and Graham 1.5 TE PPR for Waller 

I'd have probably declined, given the strength of the top 5 this year. I don't believe one player gives you enough of an advantage in any given league to do a trade like that.  

Sometimes in order to get the deal done, you can't get something else. There's a fine line between pretending to walk away from a deal and actually having to do so. If you think that the value is a wash and so does the other guy, good luck getting more out of it sometimes. 
The biggest thing that people forget is that the general fantasy trade market isn’t necessary precedent for the closed market you’re dealing in. Our trade market is limited to 11 other teams and only 1 team if you’re trying to buy a specific player.

The biggest thing that people forget is that the general fantasy trade market isn’t necessary precedent for the closed market you’re dealing in. Our trade market is limited to 11 other teams and only 1 team if you’re trying to buy a specific player.
Yup. If you want a particular guy --- say, Kareem Hunt, just off of the top of my head -- good luck if the owner hasn't checked into the league in twenty-seven days now, no matter how good the offer.

You're just stuck with the situation. :kicksrock:

I'd have probably declined, given the strength of the top 5 this year. I don't believe one player gives you enough of an advantage in any given league to do a trade like that.  
This is definitely a strong class, but no "can't miss" players (at RB at least) and Barkley surely gives you an advantage at the RB position over most teams in your league. I don't think it was a no-brainer offer but I'd surely take it knowing that the worse case scenario some one gets two young studs while I'm "stuck" with just Barkley.

You mean you can't just grab a trade deal off the shelf anytime you want?

You have to be willing to walk away if the deal isn't right.  Just bad business otherwise.

Was sent an offer tonight:

I get Saquon, 3rd rd 2021

He gets 1.03, 1.05, 2.01, WR Kirk

I declined the offer. 
I don't want to confuse this with rookie hype but the only reason I might say no to this is the fun factor. I'm not sure how long you've had these picks,  but if you've had them awhile and you've spent months breaking down rookies, we got no sports in the world, we are within 10 days of the draft and general joy of watching the draft and how that will offer you chance to truly visualize what these picks will buy you, then the wheeling and dealing or drafting coming up and now someone wants you to just give that up. That would be tough.

Because of the fun factor and my past history with a similar offer as much as it pained me, unless I needed to consolidate I'd probably pass.

FWIW I won't go into a long spiel about my team but I had an almost identical offer for Elliot in 2017 and this was after Elliot was coming off his rookie season and consensus top dynasty player.  Was also offered about this time. No trade offer has ever been more difficult for me to decide. I ended up passing and have no regrets.

Apparently you missed a few that went down in my leagues over the past couple weeks.

Hockeson in a 1.5 TE PPR for E- Sanders.............straight up

Beckham and Graham 1.5 TE PPR for Waller 
OBJ and Graham for Waller.  Wow.  That is horrible.  Wish I could have got that in the league I have Darren the Baller Waller.

I like my team, and its situation, if someone wants one or more of my players they will have to over pay. Simple as that. I am setting the market high, and most people will walk away. That's fine with me. I am in a win now window, so you pay the win now tax
I tend to like my players but don't try and make people overpay. If I see a deal that makes my team better I don't who wins but when people lowball me for my players and get uptight over a counter I might make  I do like to remind them they are the one's that came shopping in my store and I was not hanging any for sale signs out.

I'm surprised you didnt take it then. depending on your wrs, it could have been a good win now window. 50% chance one of those 1st rounders is a bust
Wide receivers:
Juju
D Adams
Sutton
DJ Moore
Hollywood Brown
N’Keal Harry

we’ve been discussing a Saquon deal for awhile now. Could probably still get the deal done. 

12 team FFPC style (this is the one that disbands after 2020 jackpot season)

I gave Conner, Mostert, 1.07
I got Ross, 1.01, 2.12

I don't care about Ross I just wanted to move up. Now I hold the 1.01 and 1.02 and am back to back champion heading into the huge final season. I now have Kamara, Jones, DWilliams, Ingram and the 1.01,1.02 at RB. I have Adams, Julio, Evans, Landry and now Ross at WR. I'd like to improve my WR4 spot. Higbee, Waller, Ebron at TE and Rodgers at QB. 

I got Ross, 1.01, 2.12

I don't care about Ross I just wanted to move up. Now I hold the 1.01 and 1.02 and am back to back champion heading into the huge final season. I now have Kamara, Jones, DWilliams, Ingram and the 1.01,1.02 at RB. I have Adams, Julio, Evans, Landry and now Ross at WR. I'd like to improve my WR4 spot. Higbee, Waller, Ebron at TE and Rodgers at QB. 
Huge win for you, IMHO. No way do I give 1.01 for that. No way. Pittsburgh is making noises about drafting a back, Mostert is RBBC even though I love him as a player.

Huge win for you, IMHO. No way do I give 1.01 for that. No way. Pittsburgh is making noises about drafting a back, Mostert is RBBC even though I love him as a player.
This seems to be the consensus among my league mates. The other guy's roster really sucks and in my opinion he is giving himself a better shot to compete. I have bought Conner in a couple other places and think he will outcompete any rookie that isn't one of the top 2 in a season where it will be hard on rookies. Or at least I sold it that way. The noise coming out of Pittsburgh is enough to give me remorse, though, so I'm glad to have moved on here. I love Mostert and he absolutely has starting RB value this year. I feel like I gave up quite a bit here, but taking Taylor Swift will be fun.

Won't you be forced to draft situation instead of talent?  Not that this is all bad, but counting on a couple rookies without any track record in a final season is ambitious to say the least . . .
I also wouldn't say "counting on", per se, did you see the rest of my roster? I will be (and have been for some time) sitting studs each week that put up 20+ on my bench. 1st world problem but I'm not necessarily "counting on" any of these trade pieces. Conner and Mostert are potentially startable if they survive the draft but even if they are I might have ended up benching them for Kamara and Jones regardless. Even Ingram and Williams might get the nod there. 

I got Ross, 1.01, 2.12

I think this worked out great for you.  Who are you leaning towards drafting with the first two picks?

I got Ross, 1.01, 2.12

I really like this move.  I am not a believer in Conner or Mostert.  Good move.

Won't you be forced to draft situation instead of talent?  Not that this is all bad, but counting on a couple rookies without any track record in a final season is ambitious to say the least . . .
Oh and one more thing, I already held the 1.02 before the trade, so it's just one rookie that I would arguably be counting on here.

I really like this move.  I am not a believer in Conner or Mostert.  Good move.
I'm not long term either but since the league ends after this season they both have potential to outproduce any rookie RB. I wouldn't bet on it but if the Steelers don't draft a rookie early I'd put the chances close to 50/50 Conner outperforms the 1.01. Now because I think the Steelers may just do so I would surely favor the 1.01, I'm just saying his league's unique format doesn't make that deal the clear slam dunk it would be in a "normal" league.

12 team startup dynasty best ball superflex draft

Traded: 5.9, 6.4, 14.4 picks

Received: Kamara, 20.7 pick 

After just finishing the 2nd round, roster is currently Lamar, Godwin, and Kamara. Still have 3.9 and 4.4 picks before the 2 round gap where I sit and wait during 5th and 6th round. Felt it was worth it to get Kamara though. 

12 team startup dynasty best ball superflex draft

Traded: 5.9, 6.4, 14.4 picks

Received: Kamara, 20.7 pick 

After just finishing the 2nd round, roster is currently Lamar, Godwin, and Kamara. Still have 3.9 and 4.4 picks before the 2 round gap where I sit and wait during 5th and 6th round. Felt it was worth it to get Kamara though. 
Where was Kamara drafted? That seems ridiculously cheap for him.

Users who are viewing this thread