What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

12 Team PPR, TE Premium, 1 QB

Team A got Bell, Theilan, Kittle

Team B got Dobbins, Galladay, 2.3
One premium stud and two aging/declining vets for two young guys who haven’t entirely broken out yet in Golladay’s case and probably need a year for the situation to improve in Dobbins case. 
2.3 is no slouch either. 

One premium stud and two aging/declining vets for two young guys who haven’t entirely broken out yet in Golladay’s case and probably need a year for the situation to improve in Dobbins case. 
2.3 is no slouch either. 
Golladay was WR13 ppg in my 12 team PPR league last year. He's broken out entirely.

Kittle is a freaking monster in TE premium.  I think people are really undervaluing him here.  He's a legit top 10 dynasty player in that format imo.  

He scored 18.9ppg last year in that format which is more than any WR not named Thomas or Godwin.

MT is the only WR that has scored higher ppg than Kittle over the last two years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kittle is a freaking monster in TE premium.  I think people are really undervaluing him here.  He's a legit top 10 dynasty player in that format imo.  

He scored 18.9ppg last year in that format which is more than any WR not named Thomas or Godwin.

MT is the only WR that has scored higher ppg than Kittle over the last two years.
Agree here, I have Kittle in a TE premium league and he's almost untradable. 

Yep, I put Kittle right behind MT in TE premium.  When you factor production along with positional scarcity he is one of only a handful of true blue chip players for me.

I take the Kittle side easily in that deal and don't look back.  Golladay is replaceable, like Dobbins a lot but he's an unknown.  Kittle is the best player in the deal and you add two productive win now pieces.  

FFPC Superflex

Gave: Chubb, Tannehill, RoJo

Got: Zeke, Tyrod Taylor

I have a pretty stacked team and an overweight roster and made a play to increase starter scoring (Zeke outscored Chubb by 4ppg last year).

QB: Murray, Wentz, Haskins, Taylor
RB: Barkley, Zeke, Gurley, Hunt
WR: Adams, Sutton, McLaurin, Shepard, Jeudy, Lamb
TE: Engram, Higbee, Irv, Jarwin

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

Gave Brandon Cooks and 2.02

Got JuJu

I might have had my choice of JuJu, Sutton or Allen Robinson and I let the guy trading me pick between sending me JuJu or Sutton and he choose JuJu.

No idea if I made right or wrong call on that so basically a trade with potential regret if I called it wrong.

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

Got JuJu

I might have had my choice of JuJu, Sutton or Allen Robinson and I let the guy trading me pick between sending me JuJu or Sutton and he choose JuJu.

No idea if I made right or wrong call on that so basically a trade with potential regret if I called it wrong.
Juju.  Nyce

16 team PPR 1.5 TE

Got JuJu

Without concussions I say Cooks pretty easy. His production is in rare company - thru 26 almost 6,000 yards. But the condition of his brain maybe needs considered, and there's not a lot to go from. I can't blame anybody from moving on.

But I would have went Robinson instead of Juju.

I love how we always know the future around here.
FFS man get off it you do this all the time.  Of course there's some type of projection toward where the pick is likely to be - you telling me you don't look at the strength of the other team when dealing with future picks?  Not that is matters nearly as much with 2nd rounders like it does with 1st but obviously an astute owner is going to take as much information into account as possible and giving odds is part of that.

FFS man get off it you do this all the time.  Of course there's some type of projection toward where the pick is likely to be - you telling me you don't look at the strength of the other team when dealing with future picks?  Not that is matters nearly as much with 2nd rounders like it does with 1st but obviously an astute owner is going to take as much information into account as possible and giving odds is part of that.
That sure didn't work for me last year I projected a team as a playoff team so I passed on his trade offer.

So what I expected to be a late 1st ended up being 1.02.

You just don't know in reality what any pick will be your only guessing especially if you think it is in the middle.  You might have some luck trying to project an early or late 1st but again it sure don't always turn out that way. 

Just funny how everyone always puts "late 2021 1st" or "early 2021 1st" like they know for sure.  You never know for sure.  I learned that the hard way last year.

Also I always put "projected" because again you never know your just guessing.  I never put I know what it is.

That sure didn't work for me last year I projected a team as a playoff team so I passed on his trade offer.

You just don't know in reality what any pick will be your only guessing especially if you think it is in the middle.  You might have some luck trying to project an early or late 1st but again it sure don't always turn out that way. 

Just funny how everyone always puts "late 2021 1st" or "early 2021 1st" like they know for sure.  You never know for sure.  I learned that the hard way last year.
That just means you were wrong.  It happens.  Sometimes proper process returns imperfect results.  Would you feel better if everyone made sure to say "I know nothing is etched in stone, but this pick is likely-but-not-bulletproof-guaranteed to be a late 1st" instead?

I'm actually having a difficult time judging futures, so it helps a bit even if the people are arguing about it. Way I see it in my league, after this year's draft, there's not a whole heck of a lot of difference in rosters between some of the playoff teams last year and some of the guys that missed out.

It's really tight. 2.02 to 2.10 is but a blink or two away from feasibility, 2.04 to 2.08 is really up for grabs. 

Also I always put "projected" because again you never know your just guessing.  I never put I know what it is.
Of course we don’t know for sure. I’m pretty sure every single other person reading this understands that an estimate of where a 2021 pick will fall is “projected.”

I am also pretty sure no one is going to say “projected” every time they project where a pick will be. Except you maybe.

16 man IDP

Team A got 2021 1st - projected but I can't possibly know the future for sure early-mid.

Team B got 2.03 OTC, took Denzel Mims
Future 1st for a 2nd is good 99.9999% of the time, even with the current uncertainty.

Its guaranteed value with homerun potential

Also the added benefit of options.  You can still use that pick during the season to trade for a need or upgrade or something from a team out of the playoff picture.

Yeah totally.  Like last year I drafted Odell Beckham in the first round of a startup and he totally didn't play like a 1st round startup pick.  It's all just such a guess anyway, from now on instead I'm just not going to make a pick in the first round because I might be wrong about it.

As for the last two sentences, the words "projected" or "likely" are implied when people say "late 2021 1st".  Sometimes people even write it out, but that's not necessarily because we all (or so I thought) know that's meant to merely be an estimation.  And it certainly affects the value of the pick even if sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

3 trades that just went down in  12 Team PPR, 1.50 TE PPR

Team A got AJ Brown

Team B got D Johnson, A Hooper

----------------

Team C got A Thielan, Trequan Smith, 4.01, 4.08, 4.09

Team D got C Kirk, Dionte Johnson, Preston Williams, Jordan Howard

----------

Team E got Hunter Henry, Arcega-Whiteside, 1.09

Team F Travis Kelce

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up Freeman, Royce DEN RB; Hopkins, DeAndre ARI WR

Team B gave up Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB; Gore, Frank NYJ RB; Woods, Robert LAR WR

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up Freeman, Royce DEN RB; Hopkins, DeAndre ARI WR

Team B gave up Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB; Gore, Frank NYJ RB; Woods, Robert LAR WR
Hopkins side pretty easily...kind of an odd return for a stud WR...does not make sense as a win-now or a win in the future trade...Bell is heading in the wrong direction and in Dynasty is nearing the end of real value, Gore is a throw-in with no Dynasty value and while Woods is a quality player I don't understand what Team A thinks they are accomplishing here...

Hopkins side pretty easily...kind of an odd return for a stud WR...does not make sense as a win-now or a win in the future trade...Bell is heading in the wrong direction and in Dynasty is nearing the end of real value, Gore is a throw-in with no Dynasty value and while Woods is a quality player I don't understand what Team A thinks they are accomplishing here...
Gore is a handcuff for Bell but agree that the Hopkins side is a win.

12 team ppr superflex

Sent- Teddy, Cooks, '21 2nd, Bisi Johnson, Keesean Johnson

Got- Josh Jacobs

Other owner inquired into teddy or daniel jones, his qb situation was pretty bad. I offered teddy and a '21 1st, this was the counter i received *shrugs*

I sorta viewed it as the equivalent of 3 2nd round picks for jacobs

As for the last two sentences, the words "projected" or "likely" are implied when people say "late 2021 1st".  Sometimes people even write it out, but that's not necessarily because we all (or so I thought) know that's meant to merely be an estimation.  And it certainly affects the value of the pick even if sometimes it doesn't work out that way.
I think his point is hard to argue straight up, which is why everybody is being all snarky about it. The gate-keeping was a little much; aside from that he's correct in there's very little value in projecting what future pick your getting or giving up. 

Add Bell to Woods to make Hopkins? That is awful

12 team ppr superflex

Got- Josh Jacobs

Other owner inquired into teddy or daniel jones, his qb situation was pretty bad. I offered teddy and a '21 1st, this was the counter i received *shrugs*

This is a great move.  If you have enough at QB to lose Teddy (which isn't much) then the rest of this is very "meh" for a stud RB.  Easy accept.

I think his point is hard to argue straight up, which is why everybody is being all snarky about it. The gate-keeping was a little much; aside from that he's correct in there's very little value in projecting what future pick your getting or giving up. 
I wouldn't say "very little" value - there's a ton of value.  It's a world of difference if you are trading with the defending champ with a stack roster vs. the guy whose roster is in shambles.  There's obviously going to be a degree of accuracy concern when projecting "late" vs. "early" but there's also a ton of variability predicting whether JJSS will break out or dud or if DeVante Parker is toast or not.  Nothing is etched in stone, we all know that (and why his post was so pedantic which he repeatedly does) so you'll miss some, but trades are all about playing the odds.  To not take into account where future picks are likely to land is foolish.

12 team ppr superflex

Got- Josh Jacobs

Ah the ol' quarter for two nickels and two pennies trade.

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: Cam Newton

Got: $2 in bidding bucks 

:bag:   Had to make a cut, that's all I could get. 
He's not starting the season as a starter, and we don't have any idea about his health.  His passing isn't going to give him any real fantasy value, certainly no more than replacement level QB value, so unless we know he can run he's hardly worth a roster spot.  And that's once we know he's got a job.  I wouldn't give more for him either.

Users who are viewing this thread