Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

55 minutes ago, Boston said:

I like what Team B did here...it's an interesting offer in that Connor and Gallup gave Team A some nice depth but in the big scheme of things they got a very high pick and probably did not touch the meat of their roster...this is the type of deal that keeps a good team being good and an average team being average.

Team A has Chubb, Ekeler & Singletary so Connor would be his RB4

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robb said:

Team A has Chubb, Ekeler & Singletary so Connor would be his RB4

 

Makes little sense imo as 1.04 will buy a better RB or WR prospect than either Conner or Gallup, and their value together doesn't make up for that imo.

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

Makes little sense imo as 1.04 will buy a better RB or WR prospect than either Conner or Gallup, and their value together doesn't make up for that imo.

I just checked out the five DFWC dynasty draft boards from 2019 startups and Conner went in 2nd round in all 5 leagues.  He came into 2019 with much love from most people and a very valuable dynasty asset and 1 year later no one wants this guy and his value has fallen off a cliff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Dez said:

I just checked out the five DFWC dynasty draft boards from 2019 startups and Conner went in 2nd round in all 5 leagues.  He came into 2019 with much love from most people and a very valuable dynasty asset and 1 year later no one wants this guy and his value has fallen off a cliff.

He looked really beat up last year. I mean, he ran well when healthy, but you could tell by about Wk 10 or 11 or somewhere in there when he came back from his first injury that he was ducking hits. Not because he isn't tough, but because he was just so beat up. You wonder if his body can handle a full workload for a year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I gave Jonnu Smith tonight for a 2021 2nd and 2021 4th. PPR, TE premium. I actually think there’s a decent chance Jonnu has somewhat of a breakout this year, but I’m not sure the volume is going to be there consistently enough in that offense. I’m left with Kittle and Dawson Knox. Before the trade, I only had one pick in 2021, that being a 4th. 

I shopped Jonnu hard before cuts were due at end of March in a TE premium league and best I got was an early 4th. This was FFPC so roster space is an issue but you did better. I mainly traded Jonnu for roster space but I"m one who does not think he breaks out, took Kmet with the pick I got for him, would do that again even if not gaining a roster spot but you still did well here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, robb said:

Just made:

Team A gave up 1.04

Team B gave up Connor, RB and Gallup, WR

All I'm going to say on this trade is at various points people have discussed here that they would not trade any WR in this draft for Mclaurin or Deebo. I think Gallup is just as valuable as those two WR's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, menobrown said:

All I'm going to say on this trade is at various points people have discussed here that they would not trade any WR in this draft for Mclaurin or Deebo. I think Gallup is just as valuable as those two WR's.

Coming off 1100 yards at age 23. Hes pretty undervalued I think. You could argue he's worth more than any runningback available at 4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, rockaction said:

Just traded:

Team A (me) gives Kenyan Drake

for Team B's Terry McLaurin.

Drake I think. But really close. 

I traded the 3.09 in a 16 team SF (no IDP or kickers) best ball, for Kyle Allen. 

(Haskins is my #2, I needed the backup)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Drake I think. But really close. 

I traded the 3.09 in a 16 team SF (no IDP or kickers) best ball, for Kyle Allen. 

(Haskins is my #2, I needed the backup)

The bolded font: Tight, isn't it? I don't mind doing it as I think McLaurin is actually a more settled commodity in the future.

As for the trade, I'd love to reciprocate, but couldn't tell you in the least given Superflex and that many teams. Always err on the side of the available QB is what I've learned in two years of SuperFlex. 

Glad you got Haskins's backup. 

Edited by rockaction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

I'd love to reciprocate, but couldn't tell you in the least given Superflex and that many teams. Always err on the side of the available QB is what I've learned in two years of SuperFlex. 

Glad you got Haskins's backup. 

That's my thought. I actually like Haskins but can't deny that Allen knows the system better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bruceman6 said:

Gimme Barkley and Allen unless I’m really lacking WR depth

Same.  Barkley is still the #1 dynasty asset for me and Allen should put up similar numbers to Ridley in the least sexy way possible.  I'd jump on Barkley here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Vandelay said:

Same.  Barkley is still the #1 dynasty asset for me and Allen should put up similar numbers to Ridley in the least sexy way possible.  I'd jump on Barkley here.

 

7 hours ago, Bruceman6 said:

Gimme Barkley and Allen unless I’m really lacking WR depth

I thought it was a good swap for me. I got Barkley. I'm not as high in Diontae Johnson as some so I didn't mind throwing him in. I think Barkley and CMC are in a tier by themselves so t was with the tier jump for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

 

I thought it was a good swap for me. I got Barkley. I'm not as high in Diontae Johnson as some so I didn't mind throwing him in. I think Barkley and CMC are in a tier by themselves so t was with the tier jump for me.

I'm fairly high on Diontae but you don't worry too much about a guy of that level when you're acquiring Barkley.  He's worth like 7 Diontae's.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vandelay said:

1.03 for me but I also prefer Goedert to Waller so that makes it easy.

 

1 hour ago, Milkman said:

I like the Waller side. 

 

1 hour ago, djmich said:

Yah good deal but I take Waller sice

Thanks for the feedback. Seemed pretty fair to me. I think Goedert has more talent than Waller in a vacuum and I’m a couple years away from contending I can wait for his next contract. Happy to get the 1.03 as I have 1.02 as well and several other early picks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Dynasty 10 team PPR, IDP

Team A gets 1.1

Team B gets 1.4 and 1.9

Gimme 1.4 and 1.9 all day. That's at least Swift or Dobbins, whoever falls, and 1.9 is likely Jefferson or Reagor, who I also like. (Jefferson, mainly.)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cobbler1 said:

 

 

Thanks for the feedback. Seemed pretty fair to me. I think Goedert has more talent than Waller in a vacuum and I’m a couple years away from contending I can wait for his next contract. Happy to get the 1.03 as I have 1.02 as well and several other early picks.

Goedert has elite ability, its a matter of getting the opportunity.  I see Waller taking a decent step back this year with Ruggs, Edwards, Witten, and even Bowden getting looks.  Moreau was already a PITA in the redzone as well.  So to me this is upgrading at TE and moving into RB territory in the 1st round for just a pick swap where a fairly sizeable tier of WRs exists between 1.09 and 2.03.  I take that all day long.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Vandelay said:

Goedert has elite ability, its a matter of getting the opportunity.  I see Waller taking a decent step back this year with Ruggs, Edwards, Witten, and even Bowden getting looks.  Moreau was already a PITA in the redzone as well.  So to me this is upgrading at TE and moving into RB territory in the 1st round for just a pick swap where a fairly sizeable tier of WRs exists between 1.09 and 2.03.  I take that all day long.

Pretty much sums up my thinking. I find my myself willing to pay up to get into the top 5 rbs and again to get into the top 2. In this league I have 5 picks between 10 and 17 still to load up on wrs from the Aiyuk/Higgins/Pittman/Shenault/Mims/Edwards group (plus anyone who falls).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2020 at 9:50 PM, SayWhat? said:

Deebo worth the 1.03?  Not a chance.  Dime a dozen prospect, dime a dozen offense, dime a dozen stats.  He’ll be the definition of a middling fantasy starter, which is not what you want out of a 1.03. 

I'm not getting the Deebo love. He's a very good NFL player but doesn't seem like he'll be a high volume WR, especially in that offense and with the team now spending another high draft pick at the position. I love watching him play but I doubt he's more than depth for fantasy.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2020 at 11:54 PM, EBF said:

Kelce was the alpha in KC until Hill really broke out. Not saying Samuel = Hill or that Garoppolo is anywhere close to Mahomes, but a lot of the commentary on Deebo stresses the fear factors while downplaying the latent upside.

This comparison is a huge stretch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I'm not getting the Deebo love. He's a very good NFL player but doesn't seem like he'll be a high volume WR, especially in that offense and with the team now spending another high draft pick at the position. I love watching him play but I doubt he's more than depth for fantasy.

Agree 100%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, rockaction said:

Gimme 1.4 and 1.9 all day. That's at least Swift or Dobbins, whoever falls, and 1.9 is likely Jefferson or Reagor, who I also like. (Jefferson, mainly.)

Yeah, it's tempting. I can see both sides of the coin on this trade for sure. Not sure how sure all of these WR's are, i.e. are we looking at WR 1's, or more like WR2/3. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I'm not getting the Deebo love. He's a very good NFL player but doesn't seem like he'll be a high volume WR, especially in that offense and with the team now spending another high draft pick at the position. I love watching him play but I doubt he's more than depth for fantasy.

I agree but what is unusual is that Deebo was my #2 ranked rookie WR this time last year and one of the reasons I liked him was I thought he was a potential high volume player.

Why did I think he was high volume? Kyle Shanahan mainly. Just looking at Kyle's tenure as OC he has had WR's get 203, 181, 171 and 171 targets.  So the 203 and pair of 171's belong to Julio and Andre. Let's just toss those away, I pretty much did when looking at this last year.  It's the 181 that  a talent level of someone named Garcon got that caught my eye and that's the role I envisioned Deebo playing in this offense.

What went wrong or what is different about Deebo's volume and Garcon's? I did not account for the defense taking such a huge leap and lowering the need to throw is probably the main thing. Also that huge year that Garcon had they did not have much of a passing down back, the main TE was Jordan Reed who was a rookie that year and  while he was a a very impressive rookie but he also missed 7 games. SF has a superior D, a TE who is a de facto #1WR, and a bunch of viable RB's to rotate. Not the same thing as what was happening in Washington.

So I'm in a strange spot with Deebo where I was high on him this time last year, he actually looked better and came along at a rate faster then I expected but I'm not higher on him. Not lower, but not higher either because now I now know the defense took a big leap, they got a lot of RB's they utilze and despite an almost perfect storm of injuries to WR's he still was not exactly a target monster. Adding in Aiyuk with likely return or Trent Taylor, possible return of best pass catching RB on the team in McKinnon and debut of Jalen Hurd and I'm really struggling to see the targets I once envisioned.

He's an admittedly hard guy for me to value. I owned him on 3 dynasty teams last year and rarely ever put in the lineup. Can't remember how many redraft teams I owned him, but it was a lot because I was on him hard last year, started him in some in those leagues but never felt great about it. He's awfully talented and things change. Maybe the Kittle contract talks get problematic, at some point maybe the defense regresses. He's got two very strong selling points in that he looked legit good and he's got a great offensive mind coaching him  but I can't shake how I never could trust starting him last year and that was before they went and made some additions.

Edited by menobrown
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I'm not getting the Deebo love. He's a very good NFL player but doesn't seem like he'll be a high volume WR, especially in that offense and with the team now spending another high draft pick at the position. I love watching him play but I doubt he's more than depth for fantasy.

The argument is simply that he had freakish efficiency last season and could scale into an FF monster with more looks. Very similar to the arguments about Tyreek after his first 1-2 years in the NFL when he hadn't gone nuclear yet. Deebo's rookie year was actually a lot better than Tyreek's, so you'd have to go to Tyreek's second year to find a decent parallel:

Hill 2017 - 105 targets, 75 receptions, 1,183 yards, 15 "big" plays (20+ yards), 11.3 yards per target

Samuel 2019 - 81 targets, 57 receptions, 802 yards, 17 "big" plays (20+ yards), 9.9 yards per target

This is a guy who showed a freaky ability to break big plays in the preseason, carried it over into the regular season, and had a strong overall FF campaign on just 81 targets. The idea that somehow he lacks upside or has hit his ceiling already seems borderline insane. He ranked 65th in the NFL in targets last season. A modest uptick in targets without a major loss in efficiency can pretty easily catapult him into the top 10-15 FF WRs. I understand that some people can't get past the idea that SF's offense will limit his chances, but there's really nowhere to go but up from a targets/looks standpoint.

I don't really get how people look at rookies like Lamb and Jeudy and think they have more upside. They have less physical talent and are less proven, whereas this guy has a freaky size/speed combo and has already shown that his skill set translates to the NFL. It's just a strange market inefficiency, but I think most of his owners recognize that they have a good asset on their hands and won't sell for skeptic prices. It took a while for Hill's consensus value to catch up with his actual value and it feels like a repeat of that here. I don't think Samuel is as elite as Hill, but most sites have him around dynasty WR25 right now and that's underselling the risk/reward equation that he offers. He belongs 5-10 spots higher on the overall dynasty WR board and should be drafted ahead of every rookie WR in startups.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dealt Conner (3 years), Snell (taxi), and McLaurin (taxi) for Evans (last year remaining). 

We have a nice franchise tag rule (drop $10 before RFA, only need to match half of high bid, and I have a TON of cash).

Will now start Hopkins, Evans and Cooper at WR.  RB was already fairly set with Zeke and Bell with White as my backup.  

I feel pretty good about it.  I went to championship week last season and team fell flat.  I think I'll be in the running again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EBF said:

The argument is simply that he had freakish efficiency last season and could scale into an FF monster with more looks. Very similar to the arguments about Tyreek after his first 1-2 years in the NFL when he hadn't gone nuclear yet. Deebo's rookie year was actually a lot better than Tyreek's, so you'd have to go to Tyreek's second year to find a decent parallel:

Hill 2017 - 105 targets, 75 receptions, 1,183 yards, 15 "big" plays (20+ yards), 11.3 yards per target

Samuel 2019 - 81 targets, 57 receptions, 802 yards, 17 "big" plays (20+ yards), 9.9 yards per target

This is a guy who showed a freaky ability to break big plays in the preseason, carried it over into the regular season, and had a strong overall FF campaign on just 81 targets. The idea that somehow he lacks upside or has hit his ceiling already seems borderline insane. He ranked 65th in the NFL in targets last season. A modest uptick in targets without a major loss in efficiency can pretty easily catapult him into the top 10-15 FF WRs. I understand that some people can't get past the idea that SF's offense will limit his chances, but there's really nowhere to go but up from a targets/looks standpoint.

I don't really get how people look at rookies like Lamb and Jeudy and think they have more upside. They have less physical talent and are less proven, whereas this guy has a freaky size/speed combo and has already shown that his skill set translates to the NFL. It's just a strange market inefficiency, but I think most of his owners recognize that they have a good asset on their hands and won't sell for skeptic prices. It took a while for Hill's consensus value to catch up with his actual value and it feels like a repeat of that here. I don't think Samuel is as elite as Hill, but most sites have him around dynasty WR25 right now and that's underselling the risk/reward equation that he offers. He belongs 5-10 spots higher on the overall dynasty WR board and should be drafted ahead of every rookie WR in startups.

I've been thinking hus upside is capped, but this is a solid argument.  Time for me to rethink a bit.  Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, EBF said:

The argument is simply that he had freakish efficiency last season and could scale into an FF monster with more looks. Very similar to the arguments about Tyreek after his first 1-2 years in the NFL when he hadn't gone nuclear yet. Deebo's rookie year was actually a lot better than Tyreek's, so you'd have to go to Tyreek's second year to find a decent parallel:

Hill 2017 - 105 targets, 75 receptions, 1,183 yards, 15 "big" plays (20+ yards), 11.3 yards per target

Samuel 2019 - 81 targets, 57 receptions, 802 yards, 17 "big" plays (20+ yards), 9.9 yards per target

This is a guy who showed a freaky ability to break big plays in the preseason, carried it over into the regular season, and had a strong overall FF campaign on just 81 targets. The idea that somehow he lacks upside or has hit his ceiling already seems borderline insane. He ranked 65th in the NFL in targets last season. A modest uptick in targets without a major loss in efficiency can pretty easily catapult him into the top 10-15 FF WRs. I understand that some people can't get past the idea that SF's offense will limit his chances, but there's really nowhere to go but up from a targets/looks standpoint.

I don't really get how people look at rookies like Lamb and Jeudy and think they have more upside. They have less physical talent and are less proven, whereas this guy has a freaky size/speed combo and has already shown that his skill set translates to the NFL. It's just a strange market inefficiency, but I think most of his owners recognize that they have a good asset on their hands and won't sell for skeptic prices. It took a while for Hill's consensus value to catch up with his actual value and it feels like a repeat of that here. I don't think Samuel is as elite as Hill, but most sites have him around dynasty WR25 right now and that's underselling the risk/reward equation that he offers. He belongs 5-10 spots higher on the overall dynasty WR board and should be drafted ahead of every rookie WR in startups.

Started digging and was quickly reminded of one reason I've seen him as having capped upside.  

In weeks 10 and 11 with Kittle injured, he put up 16 catches for 246 yards, which were 28% and 30% of his season totals for those respective stats.  

Now, I'm not seeing anybody really argue against his talent, but I think that two week period relative to the rest of the season is pretty striking.  The targets will probably go up, but I recall discovering that stat earlier this offseason when doing season reviews and looking for buying opportunities and considering it a major turn off.  Its kind of similar to the AJ Brown discussion, except in that scenario we are talking about the head and shoulders best option in the passing game and in this case we're talking about the clear #2, with a 1st round rookie waiting to steal targets as well.  Now it's possible if not likely that SFs season goes much differently and they have to chase more games, but even in that scenario he faces much more competition than AJB.  I know you didn't make this comparison but it seems worth mentioning if you are talking top 10-15 upside.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vandelay said:

Started digging and was quickly reminded of one reason I've seen him as having capped upside.  

In weeks 10 and 11 with Kittle injured, he put up 16 catches for 246 yards, which were 28% and 30% of his season totals for those respective stats.  

Now, I'm not seeing anybody really argue against his talent, but I think that two week period relative to the rest of the season is pretty striking.  The targets will probably go up, but I recall discovering that stat earlier this offseason when doing season reviews and looking for buying opportunities and considering it a major turn off.  Its kind of similar to the AJ Brown discussion, except in that scenario we are talking about the head and shoulders best option in the passing game and in this case we're talking about the clear #2, with a 1st round rookie waiting to steal targets as well.  Now it's possible if not likely that SFs season goes much differently and they have to chase more games, but even in that scenario he faces much more competition than AJB.  I know you didn't make this comparison but it seems worth mentioning if you are talking top 10-15 upside.

A rookie WR with 961 yards in 15 games on a tiny target share is worth getting excited about. Let’s not overthink it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Edgar said:

A rookie WR with 961 yards in 15 games on a tiny target share is worth getting excited about. Let’s not overthink it

Right. Why does there seem to be a perception that he's permanently locked into the role he played as a rookie?

It used to be that we gave WRs 2-3 years before we judged them, but now his ceiling is capped after his rookie year? Makes no sense.

I went through and looked at the top 20 WRs in the NFL last year in receiving yards. 16/20 of them had more targets in their second season than they did in their rookie year, and one of the guys who didn't was injured in his second year (Kupp). Another one was Edelman, who didn't really break out in any real capacity until his 5th NFL season. By and large, the WRs who eventually became good NFL players saw their role GROW in year two.

Every now and then you get a fluke type of guy like Michael Clayton or Keary Colbert who has a solid rookie year and then falls off the face of the Earth, but it's pretty odd that so many people are just locked into this notion that the SF offense is static and that Samuel's role can't grow. Guys like Tyreek and DJ Moore offer a compelling best-case scenario of how dynamic weapons can gradually see their usage increase. If that happens in SF with Deebo, you have a likely top 15 FF WR.

I see people citing all the fear factors without acknowledging the growth potential. It's the same with the Aiyuk stuff. All these people are mentioning Aiyuk as a bogeyman while neglecting to point out that he's just filling the spot Sanders vacated when he left for NO. I'm higher on Aiyuk than most people, but the presence of another good WR on the roster doesn't relegate Deebo to irrelevance, and if we're handicapping that battle we probably have to favor the guy who has already thrived.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr 10 team league

 

I traded: Dak, Corey Davis (sorry), 1.09

I got: Kyler and Minshew

 

Wow. Insanely in favor of Kyler and Minshew imo, in that format. 

The 1.09, even in 2QB, seems like a light price to pay to upgrade (imo) to Kyler and still pick up another young starting QB. I'm not super high on Minshew but he has value in this format. 

Maybe I'm wrong and only being 10 teams means the QB's aren't valued as highly as I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr 10 team league

 

I traded: Dak, Corey Davis (sorry), 1.09

I got: Kyler and Minshew

That's a risky move.  Hopefully Murray improves,  but certainly no guarantee he produces what you already get from Dak. Minshew could get replaced in draft next year. 

I d lean towards Dak side . I think he could go off this year with adding Lamb to an already potent offense.  

Fair argument for both sides.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jail said:

That's a risky move.  Hopefully Murray improves,  but certainly no guarantee he produces what you already get from Dak. Minshew could get replaced in draft next year. 

I d lean towards Dak side . I think he could go off this year with adding Lamb to an already potent offense.  

Fair argument for both sides.  

Looked at Murray numbers.  Wow,  I didn't realize his numbers were that strong.  More like a coin flip for me now 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...