What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

barackdhouse said:
For some crazy reason I decided to take on an orphan project. It's rough but the league is an interesting format. 24 teams, 2 copies of each player. PPR, TE premium, 11 starters 22 total spots with 3 taxi. 4 divisions of 6 teams that get reshuffled each year according to previous year's finishes. The schedule is heavy within division so I *think* this allows for subpar teams to be able to rebuild and compete earlier and easier than otherwise. We'll see because the team I am taking over finished dead last. And looking at the roster you can see why. But Imma give it a shot. Made a couple trades today:

I gave Chark
I got Hines, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd

I gave 1.01
I got 1.06, Diontae Johnson

So Hines is now currently my RB1, not kidding. I have Ronald Jones but will be moving him as soon as I can. I have a ton of current draft picks and feel I can make huge strides in year 1 here. Those future picks I got for Chark are from a really bad team. I have Mahomes so passing on CEH for say Dobbins, Swift or Akers at 1.06 (2 copies of each remember) isn't ideal as I would absolutely prefer CEH, but I'll gladly take one of those other 3 RBs and snag Diontae. People have made me a believer on him. Dawson Knox is the *only* other asset I hold that is worth mentioning. A lot of scrubs that I'll be dropping.
Hate both deals, but rebuilds are different animals for sure.  If those are best deals available then I don't hate it, just not a big fan of the players you received.  Value is close though.  

Not a fan of Hines or Diontae long term.  Diontae will do well and the Steelers absolutely love him so there's something there.  Production will probably be above average, I just don't like trading premium picks for average players.  1.06 could turn out special but 1.01 would be too much for me.  

Hate both deals, but rebuilds are different animals for sure.  If those are best deals available then I don't hate it, just not a big fan of the players you received.  Value is close though.  

Not a fan of Hines or Diontae long term.  Diontae will do well and the Steelers absolutely love him so there's something there.  Production will probably be above average, I just don't like trading premium picks for average players.  1.06 could turn out special but 1.01 would be too much for me.  
I love Diontae to be better than average.  I actually think he will overtake Juju (and/or Juju moves on from Pitt)  Definitely worth the difference between 1.01 and 1.03. It's not like CEH is Barkley. 

Its the 1.06 he's getting back, not the 1.03?

I see their being a top 7-8 rookie tier 1 this year, including Jefferson and a drop thereafter. You will have a pick of at least 3 of those guys  - likely Akers or Lamb if not both at the 1.06.  I don't love anyone as a 1.01 or 1.02 (slight break to me after the 1.03 including Dobbins), so I would gladly switch the 1.01 for the 1.06 plus likely long term starter and potential stud Diontae. To me that's a quality piece for not a lot of cost. For anyone that think CEH or Taylor are McCaffery or Barkley, I totally get holding onto them - I just don't tink either is exceptional. 

I see their being a top 7-8 rookie tier 1 this year, including Jefferson and a drop thereafter. You will have a pick of at least 3 of those guys  - likely Akers or Lamb if not both at the 1.06.  I don't love anyone as a 1.01 or 1.02 (slight break to me after the 1.03 including Dobbins), so I would gladly switch the 1.01 for the 1.06 plus likely long term starter and potential stud Diontae. To me that's a quality piece for not a lot of cost. For anyone that think CEH or Taylor are McCaffery or Barkley, I totally get holding onto them - I just don't tink either is exceptional. 
I think he's saying since it's 2 copies of each player it's basically 1.03.  

There are two copies of each player so 1.06 is like the 1.03. 

Last edited by a moderator:

But I didnt do that. Hines will likely be my RB4 if he is still on my roster in week 1. It was really the early 2021 1st I was targeting. Hines will be decent flex worthy depth. 

Pittsburgh typically passes more than most teams so if Diontae really is going to be the X there then it looks to me like he will retain value. It is entirely possible I still flip both these guys as I hunt for value. But to move from 1.01 to basically 1.03 is a no brainer to pick him up.

Woke up with an unexpected one in my inbox this morning:

Give:  2024 2nd, 50 FAAB

Receive:  Tyler Higbee

I countered back and we settled on 30 FAAB.  I really only have Kittle and Dawson Knox at TE, and this is a TE premium league as well.  If Kittle went down and Dawson doesn't make a leap I'd be in trouble.  And hell, if Higbee continues what he did down the stretch he can be a weekly starter for me in this format.  We can technically start 3 TE's a week, full PPR.  The fact that he signed an extension through 2023 and Everett is a FA after this year made this decision easy.

barackdhouse said:
I gave Chark
It's possible I'm selling Chark short but I'd rather have the projected high picks.

barackdhouse said:
I gve 1.01
Two truths converge on this one for me as I'm as big on Diontae as it gets but would say the same for CEH. After the NFL draft I dealt 3 and 8 for  1. I would do that again and feel that's equitable to this deal so I'd prefer the 1.1 here as well and that's nothing negative against Diontae.

It's possible I'm selling Chark short but I'd rather have the projected high picks.

Two truths converge on this one for me as I'm as big on Diontae as it gets but would say the same for CEH. After the NFL draft I dealt 3 and 8 for  1. I would do that again and feel that's equitable to this deal so I'd prefer the 1.1 here as well and that's nothing negative against Diontae.
I have to ask, did you catch the bit about there being two copies of each player? So the 1.06 is more like the 1.03? Also, I may still move up to get CEH anyway. I don't have a lot of player assets but I do have a bunch of current and future draft picks. 

I have to ask, did you catch the bit about there being two copies of each player? So the 1.06 is more like the 1.03? Also, I may still move up to get CEH anyway. I don't have a lot of player assets but I do have a bunch of current and future draft picks. 
Yes, which is why I comped it to giving up 3/8 with the 8 being roughly equal to Diontae(not that I saw anyone actually pay that much for him but I think he's roughly equal to that myself). I'd like the outcome for you if you are able to move up and get CEH.

Yes, which is why I comped it to giving up 3/8 with the 8 being roughly equal to Diontae(not that I saw anyone actually pay that much for him but I think he's roughly equal to that myself). I'd like the outcome for you if you are able to move up and get CEH.
Aw yeah that makes sense. I might have felt slightly different during rookie drafts in May, but as I sit now there is no way I would give 8 and 3 to move to 1, nor Diontae and 3. I think I now have as much love for Dobbins as CEH, and Taylor would be my 3. Within the context of this rebuild team I took over anyway. 

barackdhouse said:
For some crazy reason I decided to take on an orphan project. It's rough but the league is an interesting format. 24 teams, 2 copies of each player. PPR, TE premium, 11 starters 22 total spots with 3 taxi

I gave Chark

I gave 1.01
My rebuild continues as I made a couple more deals:

I gave 3.11, 2021 3rd
I got Perriman

I gave Ronald Jones, 2.12
I got Marquise Brown

A long ways to go but my WR corps is now Diontae, Marquis, Harry, Perriman, Harmon (I guess) and I'm guessing I'll be able to draft two or three of Jefferson/Pittman/Aiyuk/Edwards. Seems better than it did last week when I bought it.

ETA and then another, probably a small overpay but I love it!!

I gave Harry, 2021 2nd (early), 3.01, 3.12

I got McLaurin

QRRWWTFKDDD 16 team PPR $400 cap

Team A traded: Todd Gurley ($51), Kyler Murray ($20), and 1.04

Team B traded: Miles Sanders ($26) and 1.01

I love Gurley more than consensus and Murray as a dyno QB, and even the value at 1.04, plus, not even as high on Sanders as most are (outside of my top 12 dyno RBs).  But love this trade for my team as I already have Lamar at QB, need to cut some cap space, and needed to clear one contract spot going into the rookie draft.  I figured I can always trade Sanders away, too. 

JoeSteeler said:
rookie draft going on now...16 team IDP league 

traded 1.14 for a package of...

2021 2nd 

2021 2nd 

2022 1st

2022 3rd
Who did the guy take that he wanted the 1.14 so badly?

12 team PPR
Gave Henderson, Scott, and a 2020 3rd (the 3rds original owner had 1.01 this year)
Got Higgins

my trade partner owns Akers and Sanders

JoeSteeler said:
rookie draft going on now...16 team IDP league 

traded 1.14 for a package of...

2021 2nd 

2021 2nd 

2022 1st

2022 3rd
Reminds me of a trade I made and posted from back in my rookie draft when I took Vaughn at 12, after I moved back from 11 and my target Pittman went at 11 so I just took the guy I thought had good trade value, and did in fact end up dealing Vaughn the next day along with two late third's for JuJu.

What that trade, and the one you posted, made me wonder was if I had played it wrong in some earlier leagues that drafted before the one I made the JuJu trade when I had pick 8 and went with my top ranked player in Justin Jefferson. Can't help but wonder if I'd been better off taking player with most trade value in Vaughn then my top ranked player in Jefferson.

But either way great trade for you.

Reminds me of a trade I made and posted from back in my rookie draft when I took Vaughn at 12, after I moved back from 11 and my target Pittman went at 11 so I just took the guy I thought had good trade value, and did in fact end up dealing Vaughn the next day along with two late third's for JuJu.

What that trade, and the one you posted, made me wonder was if I had played it wrong in some earlier leagues that drafted before the one I made the JuJu trade when I had pick 8 and went with my top ranked player in Justin Jefferson. Can't help but wonder if I'd been better off taking player with most trade value in Vaughn then my top ranked player in Jefferson.

But either way great trade for you.
I always draft the player that is my top ranked. I think by the end of this year you will have that and the player with most trade value in Jefferson. 

12team .5ppr qwwrrtffd

gave: Robby Anderson, got: Cam Newton

gave: 2022 4th, got: JJAW
I like both of those trades for you. People are down on JJAW for good reason but considering Peterson said Reagor would sit behind Jackson and assume his role eventually, that means JJAW May have first crack at the Jeffery role. Too early to give up on JJAW. He played through a pretty serious injury last year where he couldn’t walk during the week. 

12 team TE premium

Got: Mark Andrews

Gave: Hunter Henry, 2022 2nd, 2023 3rd, Matt Prater 

Needed a change from Henry
Definitely Andrews for me...he looks like he is gonna be a perennial top 5 TE for a good amount of time...I really don’t see why the owner getting Henry is making this deal, he really is not getting a piece in addition to Henry that makes it worthwhile...as for Henry there is no doubt he is talented but he has yet to play a full 16 games over his four year career and has not had a year where he was a difference-maker...also, there seems like a good chance he will be on another team next year and who knows what that will mean...the more i look at this deal the more I really like it for the Andrews owner.

For some crazy reason I decided to take on an orphan project. It's rough but the league is an interesting format. 24 teams, 2 copies of each player. PPR, TE premium, 11 starters 22 total spots with 3 taxi. 4 divisions of 6 teams that get reshuffled each year according to previous year's finishes. The schedule is heavy within division so I *think* this allows for subpar teams to be able to rebuild and compete earlier and easier than otherwise. We'll see because the team I am taking over finished dead last. And looking at the roster you can see why. But Imma give it a shot. Made a couple trades today:

I gave Chark

I gave 1.01

So Hines is now currently my RB1, not kidding. I have Ronald Jones but will be moving him as soon as I can. I have a ton of current draft picks and feel I can make huge strides in year 1 here. Those future picks I got for Chark are from a really bad team. I have Mahomes so passing on CEH for say Dobbins, Swift or Akers at 1.06 (2 copies of each remember) isn't ideal as I would absolutely prefer CEH, but I'll gladly take one of those other 3 RBs and snag Diontae. People have made me a believer on him. Dawson Knox is the *only* other asset I hold that is worth mentioning. A lot of scrubs that I'll be dropping.
Between these 2’and your other trade with Harry I feel like you are unnecessarily making this team worse. 

You could have had Harry, Chark, CEH/Taylor and instead you have 1.06 (Dobbins?), Dionte Johnson, Hines, McLaurin, and a 2021 1st

I feel like Mahomes, CEH/Taylor, Chark, Harry is a good base to build around, but that’s just me. For me, you sold 2 WRs with higher ceilings for 2 WRs who are over hyped. If you were taking CEH 1.01 then I do like the plan to sell and maybe get Dobbins at the worst, and a 21 1st. Hope it works out for you

12 Team PPR 1 QB

Get a 2021 1st

Give Melvin Gordon

Still rebuilding that orphan, finally got offered a 1st round pick for Melvin Gordon, it was a 2021 1st.  I had been hoping to get a 2020 first, but in the end this was the best I could do andI didn't want to risk Gordon getting hurt or Covid or anything else that would drop his value.

Between these 2’and your other trade with Harry I feel like you are unnecessarily making this team worse. 

You could have had Harry, Chark, CEH/Taylor and instead you have 1.06 (Dobbins?), Dionte Johnson, Hines, McLaurin, and a 2021 1st

I feel like Mahomes, CEH/Taylor, Chark, Harry is a good base to build around, but that’s just me. For me, you sold 2 WRs with higher ceilings for 2 WRs who are over hyped. If you were taking CEH 1.01 then I do like the plan to sell and maybe get Dobbins at the worst, and a 21 1st. Hope it works out for you
I like Chark but feel I'm profiting there. I like Harry a little but I don't think you understand how much I love McLaurin.

If you're calling him overhyped then I can certainly see why you'd look at this differently. All I can say is I disagree substantially on him. I'll definitely take the over vs Harry by any metric moving forward. All the calculators have me having profited in total, though the McLaurin deal is slightly against me on paper. I think it's a dollar>4 quarters scenario. 

I think Diontae is going to be roughly equal to Chark moving forward and the combo of McLaurin and Marquise, to go along with probably two top rookie backs (I really consider CEH and Dobbins about equal) because I have 1.06 and 1.12, will be far better than what I had before. I have a couple other late 1sts and a bunch of 2nds as well. My WR corps is going to actually look really good in a minute and I'll have a couple top rookie RBs as well. 

Anyway. Fair take.

barackdhouse said:
I like Chark but feel I'm profiting there. I like Harry a little but I don't think you understand how much I love McLaurin.

If you're calling him overhyped then I can certainly see why you'd look at this differently. All I can say is I disagree substantially on him. I'll definitely take the over vs Harry by any metric moving forward. All the calculators have me having profited in total, though the McLaurin deal is slightly against me on paper. I think it's a dollar>4 quarters scenario. 

I think Diontae is going to be roughly equal to Chark moving forward and the combo of McLaurin and Marquise, to go along with probably two top rookie backs (I really consider CEH and Dobbins about equal) because I have 1.06 and 1.12, will be far better than what I had before. I have a couple other late 1sts and a bunch of 2nds as well. My WR corps is going to actually look really good in a minute and I'll have a couple top rookie RBs as well. 

Anyway. Fair take.
Thanks for your response. It actually sways me a little to hear your reasoning. In whole, I may agree that you came out on top, but it would be interesting to look at this a year from now when those rookie picks are either hits or duds.

I am not very high on McLaurin being a top WR. His situation got better by nothing happening in the offseason as far as Washington not adding any WRs. The fact that they were rumored to be in the Amari Cooper sweepstakes makes me wonder if they see McLaurin as a bonafide WR1 in their offense. What happens if they add a guy like JuJu next year? But, I am not super high on Harry either. I just think Harry should have better value this year than he does, while McLaurin is kind of pay for what you get. Chark is a good sell, but Dionte is a bit hyped for my taste. It’s just a personal preference. If the masses are right, you’ll be stacked for years.

You seem like a guy who knows what he’s doing, and I appreciate the plan you have. I agree that you can compete this year. 
My general strategy has always been to trade for draft picks, then flip many of those picks for proven players near draft time. I feel like the worst thing that your league mates can do to you in the situation you are in is make you pick each of those draft slots. If you’re good, 50% will hit, which means you just wasted 50% of all that value you traded for. Thats the only issue I have with selling for a lot of picks. On the other hand, making more picks gives you more swings, and more chances to hit on a player. 

Thanks for your response. It actually sways me a little to hear your reasoning. In whole, I may agree that you came out on top, but it would be interesting to look at this a year from now when those rookie picks are either hits or duds.

I am not very high on McLaurin being a top WR. His situation got better by nothing happening in the offseason as far as Washington not adding any WRs. The fact that they were rumored to be in the Amari Cooper sweepstakes makes me wonder if they see McLaurin as a bonafide WR1 in their offense. What happens if they add a guy like JuJu next year? But, I am not super high on Harry either. I just think Harry should have better value this year than he does, while McLaurin is kind of pay for what you get. Chark is a good sell, but Dionte is a bit hyped for my taste. It’s just a personal preference. If the masses are right, you’ll be stacked for years.

You seem like a guy who knows what he’s doing, and I appreciate the plan you have. I agree that you can compete this year. 
My general strategy has always been to trade for draft picks, then flip many of those picks for proven players near draft time. I feel like the worst thing that your league mates can do to you in the situation you are in is make you pick each of those draft slots. If you’re good, 50% will hit, which means you just wasted 50% of all that value you traded for. Thats the only issue I have with selling for a lot of picks. On the other hand, making more picks gives you more swings, and more chances to hit on a player. 
Thanks. So I would say that to the extent that I might know what I'm doing, if there is any area of FF where my results speak for themselves, it is in my drafting. Rookie drafting is a different animal than say redraft, but I've hit more than my share of picks. It's not about "scouting" better than the NFL or other FF minds, it's about doing it better than *one's own leaguemates*. And I feel I do consistently.

But anyway I also think this draft is absolutely loaded in a way that makes this approach more viable. 

FWIW I am terrible at inseason start sit decisions. I think I'm marginally better than the average bear at trading, much better at drafting, and I usually make it a priority to snag one or two difference makers off the wire inseason, but I'm not trying to beat my chest. My main rambling point here is that I *love* having lots of picks in this scenario. A few other squads of mine are loaded and to have even just a few premium picks is difficult to manage. 1st world problem but roster space can really be an issue. This orphan has about a dozen names I have no qualms at all about straight dropping. It's bad.

Thanks. So I would say that to the extent that I might know what I'm doing, if there is any area of FF where my results speak for themselves, it is in my drafting. Rookie drafting is a different animal than say redraft, but I've hit more than my share of picks. It's not about "scouting" better than the NFL or other FF minds, it's about doing it better than *one's own leaguemates*. And I feel I do consistently.

But anyway I also think this draft is absolutely loaded in a way that makes this approach more viable. 

FWIW I am terrible at inseason start sit decisions. I think I'm marginally better than the average bear at trading, much better at drafting, and I usually make it a priority to snag one or two difference makers off the wire inseason, but I'm not trying to beat my chest. My main rambling point here is that I *love* having lots of picks in this scenario. A few other squads of mine are loaded and to have even just a few premium picks is difficult to manage. 1st world problem but roster space can really be an issue. This orphan has about a dozen names I have no qualms at all about straight dropping. It's bad.
Yes if your roster needs a major turn over this is the best way to do it. I agree that this draft has more talent than others in recent memory, so it’s a good draft to keep your picks in. I do believe there will be more hits. At the end of the day you at least have to like the guys on your roster and this is the best way to do that

Yes if your roster needs a major turn over this is the best way to do it. I agree that this draft has more talent than others in recent memory, so it’s a good draft to keep your picks in. I do believe there will be more hits. At the end of the day you at least have to like the guys on your roster and this is the best way to do that
I would also add that taking on an orphan project is new to me. I've taken a few orphans in the past but they were in much better shape. 

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A acquired

Johnson, Diontae WR | PIT

Vinatieri, Adam K | IND

Team B acquired

Arcega-Whiteside, J.J. WR | PHI

Stidham, Jarrett QB | NE

Newton, Cam QB | NE

Team A acquired

Vinatieri, Adam K | IND

Team B acquired

Stidham, Jarrett QB | NE

Newton, Cam QB | NE
Team A ...nibbling around the edges to get a player many project to be a good one...in a one QB league there isn't too much downside in this deal...even if Newton blows up I gotta believe Team A has other QBs and two weeks ago they were probably thinking about cutting him.

I think some background about the two teams/owners involved would avoid wasting effort/timetime of those whose "expert opinions" you're seeking. Are you the team buying Damien Williams for the 2.11 (lot of suppositions as to why one would desire to add Damien Williams to his team's roster versus keeping & using the 2.11 in this rather deep rookie draft). As good as the experts on this forum are - mind-readers they are not .  .  .  .  .  .

12 tm Non-PPR, start 2RB 3WR + Flex, deep rosters

for

Damien Williams
Williams by a lot here. He is the starter right now. A player at 2.11 won’t give you a starter today. There’s a low chance you find one who will eventually end up a starter, but there’s a big drop off in talent at about 2.6 or so. Sure CEH is there and he should eat into Williams’ share, but what if the masses are wrong about CEH. What if the whole “worst 1st round RB profile in a long while” people are right? You then just bought the starting RB for KC for 2.11, which is likely a bust anyways.
what a great buy 

Team A acquired

Vinatieri, Adam K | IND

Team B acquired

Stidham, Jarrett QB | NE

Newton, Cam QB | NE
I think JJAW and Cam are both screaming buy candidates for the right price (and indeed bought both myself recently) but Diontae is more than I’d pay for them.

Dr. Octopus said:

Team A acquired

Vinatieri, Adam K | IND

Team B acquired

Stidham, Jarrett QB | NE

Newton, Cam QB | NE
I think Stidham is the key here. JJaws has shown little so far and Cam is only a stopgap for the Pats, maybe a year or two fill in, at best, or maybe just the chair holder until Stidham is ready. I think the Pats really like Stidham and think he might be their future. If he is, then he and Cam in reserve may be worth Diontae and JJAWs remains a high risk wildcard. If Stidam is just a low pick backup, Diontae kills this exchage.

Zyphros said:
Really weird one in an FFPC league I'm in

Team A got: 

Antonio Brown

Team B got:

Christian Kirk and a 2021 3rd
I like AB's chances of coming back and putting up solid WR2 (maybe WR1) stats for 3-4 years. He is elite when he is out there. Other old greats like Rice and TO produced late into their careers. 

Users who are viewing this thread