What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

Definitely. And that is repeatable to some extent.  You should expect good yac guys to get yac and he did. I am just wary of players like him and aj Brown who had some of those big plays and have it priced in to their value this year, and am always looking for guys like devin Singletary who got tackled inside the 5 on 5 plays where he had double digit yardage and also got vultured a lot last year. That doesn't mean that Singletary will get 5 more touchdowns next year and brown and godwin will both get fewer, it just means that Singletary's prices is probably lower than it should be and brown and Godwin are probably more expensive than they should be because they had positive variance. 

Brown https://titansized.com/2020/06/29/reliving-and-ranking-every-aj-brown-rookie-year-touchdown/2/

Singletary https://youtu.be/ZD2T6pwfdZ0
I agree completely

Godwin is also due for regression. His yards per touch were way, way up there, and people think that it's a bit unsustainable. Unless he gets more targets being Brady's slot guy.

As far as Gronk goes, he looked like toast at his end with the Pats that entire last year. I know because I wasted a second or third on him, and he just flat did not have from the jump. We'll have to see if he's not a glorified o-line guy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
24 team PPR TE premium 2 copies of each player 11 starters QRRWWTFFFDK

I gave 1.12 OTC

I got Unicorn, Damien Harris, 2021 1st (playoff team)

I hold other late 1sts and early 2nds in this draft. Rebuilding. I took Dobbins at 1.06 but neither of Akers or Swift made it to 1.12 so I shipped it. 
What did 1.12 become? That’s important in this case 

1st copy of Jeudy
I like Jeudy to a degree, but I was curious if a stud RB fell. The 2021 1st is bound to at least be a wash, but likely better. You get  Williams who is promising. Harris is likely to be the man this year. I’d say you came out pretty big here

I like Jeudy to a degree, but I was curious if a stud RB fell. The 2021 1st is bound to at least be a wash, but likely better. You get  Williams who is promising. Harris is likely to be the man this year. I’d say you came out pretty big here
No, this is what I was hoping for but both copies of Akers and Swift were gone. I'm just not big on Jeudy or Lamb in the middle of the 1st.

I gave 1.12 OTC

I hold other late 1sts and early 2nds in this draft. Rebuilding. I took Dobbins at 1.06 but neither of Akers or Swift made it to 1.12 so I shipped it. 
The Unicorn, easily

FFPC

Gave: Zack Moss

Got: Antonio Brown

I didn't draft Moss, he came in a package deal but was picked at 2.05.  I'm not really a believer in him and he was my RB 6 or 7.  My team is a contender and I expect AB to sign with Seattle or maybe Baltimore in the near future.  

I'm sure several will say I overpaid and thats fine.  Posting for reference.

FFPC

Gave: Zack Moss

Got: Antonio Brown

I didn't draft Moss, he came in a package deal but was picked at 2.05.  I'm not really a believer in him and he was my RB 6 or 7.  My team is a contender and I expect AB to sign with Seattle or maybe Baltimore in the near future.  

I'm sure several will say I overpaid and thats fine.  Posting for reference.
I think that's pretty silly.

I'm sorry. I misunderstood this post and the trade. Getting Williams and a 1st for a 2020 1st is a major coup. Well done. 
Haha that's cool. I was wondering whether you read it right. I was thinking a funny retort might be to quote a Barkley trade that had like three 1sts on the other side, and then say something like "I'd take Barkley for a 1st anyday". 

Shrug.  As soon as AB steps on the field, I expect he becomes more valuable than Moss by a good margin.  Getting in before the price jump and understand it could backfire.
I like the move. He's available in my league now starting the third round soon. Both him and Moss are available, and if they are both there at 3.03, I'm taking AB.

Daniel Jones for Stafford and Jeffery

Sold all my Daniel Jones shares this off season.

He was a rookie... Jeffrey is dead weight
Stafford should be a back end qb1 for at least another 4 years with an upside chance last year wasn't a complete anomaly. I'll take him over Jones anyway. Danny Dimes might be the next Trubisky. For what its worth, fantasypros has them 1 spot apart.

Good chance you're right about Jeffery, the injuries have piled up. He seems older than 30 but he's still 30. In theory he should have a few more years left but most people would say he's toast. We'll see, maybe I can get a few games from him this year. At least he produces when he plays.

Jones put up 4 games of 30+ points and they all came in very predictable spots.  He was the perfect backup QB last year as a rookie.  Room for growth.  Not a guy to ditch for a terribly average QB and a terribly terrible WR.

Jones put up 4 games of 30+ points and they all came in very predictable spots.  He was the perfect backup QB last year as a rookie.  Room for growth.  Not a guy to ditch for a terribly average QB and a terribly terrible WR.
You say room for growth, I say maybe we see that happen maybe not. It's not rational to assume he will improve. We've seen more than a few qbs not develop winding up not that good, not even 'terribly average'.

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I was not encouraged about Daniel's prospects what I saw out of him. I know that's just my opinion, not worth much. But analyzing the stats could also raise some concerns. He had more interceptions and fumbles than tds, the completion % was not great, high sack rate, and a poor ypa. His td/att was the only encouraging metric, and he threw over half his tds in 3 games. It seems to me this is driving his value quite superficially, so methinks a good time to cut bait. He could end up an all time great, except I feel like I'm just playing the odds at this point.

But I digress.

Stafford's a QB6-10 in that offense. He's got at least five good years in him. 

Not sure what the #### you're talking about, your certitude also. Please stop littering the SP with your attitude. Thanks.  

Shrug.  As soon as AB steps on the field, I expect he becomes more valuable than Moss by a good margin.  Getting in before the price jump and understand it could backfire.
Price jump? He's a 32 year old WR, currently without a team, with a suspension looming and major issues. There's a reason he has almost no trade value in most leagues.

Even if he signs with someone, serves his suspension and actually plays well and doesn't do anything stupid, there's no way IMO he will be worth more than a late 2nd/early 3rd ever again, and that's best case scenario. I'm not sure what kind of price jump people are hoping for. Even if there is one, chances are you wouldn't be able to capitalise on it because there are probably only going to be one or two owners in your league who have any interest at all in trading for him.  

(full disclosure: I don't understand the current obsession with Brown and wouldn't trade any rookie pick for him. I'd just drop him actually if I owned him).  

Price jump? He's a 32 year old WR, currently without a team, with a suspension looming and major issues. There's a reason he has almost no trade value in most leagues.

Even if he signs with someone, serves his suspension and actually plays well and doesn't do anything stupid, there's no way IMO he will be worth more than a late 2nd/early 3rd ever again, and that's best case scenario. I'm not sure what kind of price jump people are hoping for. Even if there is one, chances are you wouldn't be able to capitalise on it because there are probably only going to be one or two owners in your league who have any interest at all in trading for him.  

(full disclosure: I don't understand the current obsession with Brown and wouldn't trade any rookie pick for him. I'd just drop him actually if I owned him).  
If those things happen, I won't be looking to trade him.  If he's playing, he's in fantasy starting lineups.  Moss?  There's a very good chance he doesn't amount to anything, ever.  

We are talking about the best wide receiver of a generation.

12team ppr dynasty 

Team A: saquon barkley, cam newton, Deebo Samuel, deejay dallas

TeamB: odell beckam jr, jaemis winston, johnathan taylor, neihem hines, 2021 1st, 2021 2nd, 2022 2nd, 2023 1st, 2023 2nd

If those things happen, I won't be looking to trade him.  If he's playing, he's in fantasy starting lineups.  Moss?  There's a very good chance he doesn't amount to anything, ever.  

We are talking about the best wide receiver of a generation.
Jerry Rice was the best receiver ever. Maybe your commish will add him to your league's free agency pool. 

That's a joke, BTW. I'm just saying that Brown WAS the best receiver of his generation but circumstances have, um, changed

Andy Dufresne said:
Jerry Rice was the best receiver ever. Maybe your commish will add him to your league's free agency pool. 

That's a joke, BTW. I'm just saying that Brown WAS the best receiver of his generation but circumstances have, um, changed
The only proven circumstance that has changed with regard to his ability is that he hasnt played.  He looked like the same old AB to me last year in the game with the Pats.  I dont think anyone expects peak AB numbers ever again, but its not hard to think he can be a WR2 for fantasy purposes and possibly more if and when he sees the field again.  There is no evidence his game has fallen off at last check.

Dynasty PPR

Team A gave DJ Moore, 2020 1.11 & 2020 4.11 rookie picks

Team B gave Michael Thomas
I would be pretty fired-up to get Thomas for that...Moore is a good one but Thomas is already elite...don't really see what the Owner giving away Thomas accomplishes here other then getting younger....since Thomas is only 27 that should not be a reason to make this deal.

The only proven circumstance that has changed with regard to his ability is that he hasnt played.  He looked like the same old AB to me last year in the game with the Pats.  I dont think anyone expects peak AB numbers ever again, but its not hard to think he can be a WR2 for fantasy purposes and possibly more if and when he sees the field again.  There is no evidence his game has fallen off at last check.
He is also suspended for half the season once he gets (if) signed.  He has very little value now and not much more if he gets signed

I would be pretty fired-up to get Thomas for that...Moore is a good one but Thomas is already elite...don't really see what the Owner giving away Thomas accomplishes here other then getting younger....since Thomas is only 27 that should not be a reason to make this deal.
rookie pick mania

I can see where he's coming from. At age 22 Moore had 1175 receiving yards with Kyle Allen as his QB. This puts DJM in rare company. Michael Thomas was still at Ohio St at that age. The guy very well might be getting a much younger MT and a 1st to go with it.

Looking at the value, he received a 1.11 for going from a 1st round to a 2nd round start up pick. It's debateable and a lot of people always want to get the best player. Keeptradecut has this trade favoring the side getting MT only after adding a "value adjustment".

I would take Moore and the 1.11 but I'm a big fan of DJM.

I gave 1.12 OTC

Then today I took that 2021 1st I acquired and flipped it for Kirk and the 2.20, where I took Hurst.

In total that is me giving up the 1.12 (Jeudy) for Unicorn, Kirk, Harris, and Hurst. 

ETA Lamb was originally on the board at 1.12 as well

I can see where he's coming from. At age 22 Moore had 1175 receiving yards with Kyle Allen as his QB. This puts DJM in rare company. Michael Thomas was still at Ohio St at that age. The guy very well might be getting a much younger MT and a 1st to go with it.

Looking at the value, he received a 1.11 for going from a 1st round to a 2nd round start up pick. It's debateable and a lot of people always want to get the best player. Keeptradecut has this trade favoring the side getting MT only after adding a "value adjustment".

I would take Moore and the 1.11 but I'm a big fan of DJM.
Sometimes I think the age thing can be mis-played in Dynasty (meaning it can come at the expense of winning)...right now Thomas is 27 and Moore is 23...the question is do you think Moore will over-take Thomas during next 3 years or so?  If you think so the deal makes sense if you also hit on the #1 although I do think you should be getting more for Thomas right now, especially since that is not a high pick...if he doesn't overtake him in that period then all of a sudden Moore is closing in on the age Thomas is now so do you trade Moore shortly after that for another young piece?  I think sometimes Owners can cash out on a player and chase youth before they need to...right now Thomas is only 27 and playing at an elite level...personally, unless I am totally blown away with an offer I would rather ride him out for the next 2-3 years and try to win a title and at that point (i.e. when age is a legit concern) figure out how to get something for him...sure, you will get more now but that may not get you closer to a title. 

12 Team PPR

Team A gets: Marquise Brown and Justin Jefferson

Team B gets: Deebo Samuel, Diontae Johnson and Jalen Hurd

12 Team PPR

So team B gets the best player and the most players. Also, Diontae has his own cult following, maybe there's some truth there. Team A must really like Jefferson.

12 Team PPR

Don’t understand this at all.  If I owned Deebo (which I do) the only reason to flip him would be for immediate production.  You don’t get that from this deal.  Not to mention you give up the immediate production as well from Diontae.  This makes 0 sense to me.  Deebo side by a mile. 

He is also suspended for half the season once he gets (if) signed.  He has very little value now and not much more if he gets signed
 I'm pretty sure his suspension runs whether he is signed or not,  so he is free to play as of week 9.

Don’t understand this at all.  If I owned Deebo (which I do) the only reason to flip him would be for immediate production.  You don’t get that from this deal.  Not to mention you give up the immediate production as well from Diontae.  This makes 0 sense to me.  Deebo side by a mile. 
I see it as even.  I rank them Jefferson, Dionte, Hollywood, Deebo.  The first 2 on a higher tier than the second 2.  I like all 4 players, they're not too far apart, but thats how I rank them.  So I'll take the Jefferson/ Hollywood side.  Hurd is WW fodder.

12 Team PPR

Such an interesting trade...you have four young WRs (not counting Hurd) that all have potential to become #1's at some point in their career...the issue when evaluating this trade is you are going to get a wide array of answers as to how you would rank these four...due to that I see this as an even trade because it comes down to an individual owner's preference as you can make a solid case for all four of them...I am taking the easy way out on this by calling it a push but I can easily see why each owner made this deal.

12 Team PPR

close call IMO...I am not really a fan of Deebo so would probably go with team A.

If you use the FBG dynasty value charts for July you get: 

Marquise Brown and Justin Jefferson = 18 + 16 = 34 

Deebo Samuel, Diontae Johnson and Jalen Hurd 16 + 13 + 2 = 31

Fantasy pros has it as 60 to 63, so very close either way

During this off-season i've acquired Juju in three of my five pre-existing leagues (So not counting start-ups).  I didn't send out any of the offers.  It just seems odd to me that one particular player that I wasn't actively seeking was offered up to me without even asking about him.

PPR Start 1 QB:

Gave: Cooks, 1.06(He got CD Lamb)

Got: Juju, Lamar Jackson

PPR Superflex

Gave:  Edelman, 1.08, 2021 2nd

Got: Juju

PPR Superflex (irrelevant in this deal)

Gave:  Golladay

Got: Juju

This last one was the only one that made me hesitate for a second.  I think Golladay is in for a big year, but still prefer Juju long term.
The 1st one was a steal.  I like the 2nd one for you but 1.8 could make that age poorly.  I think I'd prefer Kenny G personally but an argument can be made both ways.

I like Juju but he fell a little, Dionte is coming on strong (even though I'm not as high on him as many others in here), they just drafted Claypool, Big Ben doesn't have many years left, and there is talk that Juju doesn't get a contract after this year.  Pitts has let WRs like Burress, Wallace, and Sanders walk when they put up good numbers for them.

The way I see it you've got Deebo and Diontae as the best 2 players in the deal (I know Jefferson fans will disagree) so easy choice for me. But it is objectively close in that it really comes down to what you think of each of these players, and there are differing views (I like Hurd a lot too).

Sometimes I think the age thing can be mis-played in Dynasty (meaning it can come at the expense of winning)...right now Thomas is 27 and Moore is 23...the question is do you think Moore will over-take Thomas during next 3 years or so?  If you think so the deal makes sense if you also hit on the #1 although I do think you should be getting more for Thomas right now, especially since that is not a high pick...if he doesn't overtake him in that period then all of a sudden Moore is closing in on the age Thomas is now so do you trade Moore shortly after that for another young piece?  I think sometimes Owners can cash out on a player and chase youth before they need to...right now Thomas is only 27 and playing at an elite level...personally, unless I am totally blown away with an offer I would rather ride him out for the next 2-3 years and try to win a title and at that point (i.e. when age is a legit concern) figure out how to get something for him...sure, you will get more now but that may not get you closer to a title. 
I think for a lot of owners it's not just about a production concern moving forward when a WR hits 27/28, it's about the value and tradeability of an asset. Even if MT keeps playing at this level, I doubt his value will keep increasing (or even stay the same arguably) because age has a big impact on market value, regardless of production.

I'd say the person getting Moore a) believes Moore in on a similar superstar track to MT, b) in the meantime can give a large % of MT's production, and c) will have higher trade value (or more accurately will be coveted by more owners in the league) over the next 2-3 years. Put simply, Moore gives you the upside lottery ticket, a high pedigree and profile and value insulation. Of course this all assumes that Moore becomes a perennial top 5-10 WR. 

In terms of getting more for Thomas right now, maybe in theory yes, but honestly I think this is about the most you can get if you are trading for WR - an elite young prospect who has already produced to some degree and a first to cover the gap/risk. Once you start putting more assets on the Moore side, the Moore owner probably starts to think what the upside in doing this trade, especially if you're paying for past production to some extent? Not saying this is right, but that's the thinking. Also depends on how your league values firsts - I've been in some leagues where they are almost used as throw ins to even up a deal, and others where they are highly overvalued.

The other consideration with MT is the Brees situation. Now DJ has an uncertain QB future too, but what if MT has Tayson Hill at QB next year and the Saints move to more of a Ravens type offense. That could happen. Maybe the MT wants to combat that risk and getting a coveted asset like Moore and a first on top isn't a bad way to do that. Cashing out for youth also makes a bit more sense in a vacuum this year because of the uncertainty surrounding this season. 

I think for a lot of owners it's not just about a production concern moving forward when a WR hits 27/28, it's about the value and tradeability of an asset. Even if MT keeps playing at this level, I doubt his value will keep increasing (or even stay the same arguably) because age has a big impact on market value, regardless of production.

I'd say the person getting Moore a) believes Moore in on a similar superstar track to MT, b) in the meantime can give a large % of MT's production, and c) will have higher trade value (or more accurately will be coveted by more owners in the league) over the next 2-3 years. Put simply, Moore gives you the upside lottery ticket, a high pedigree and profile and value insulation. Of course this all assumes that Moore becomes a perennial top 5-10 WR. 

In terms of getting more for Thomas right now, maybe in theory yes, but honestly I think this is about the most you can get if you are trading for WR - an elite young prospect who has already produced to some degree and a first to cover the gap/risk. Once you start putting more assets on the Moore side, the Moore owner probably starts to think what the upside in doing this trade, especially if you're paying for past production to some extent? Not saying this is right, but that's the thinking. Also depends on how your league values firsts - I've been in some leagues where they are almost used as throw ins to even up a deal, and others where they are highly overvalued.

The other consideration with MT is the Brees situation. Now DJ has an uncertain QB future too, but what if MT has Tayson Hill at QB next year and the Saints move to more of a Ravens type offense. That could happen. Maybe the MT wants to combat that risk and getting a coveted asset like Moore and a first on top isn't a bad way to do that. Cashing out for youth also makes a bit more sense in a vacuum this year because of the uncertainty surrounding this season. 
As I stated before (and I know some will differ) sometimes you have to worry more about winning then how tradeable someone is...if you have a roster that is overall young and drafting well you don't have to worry about a few players who's trade value may not be what they are actually producing on the field...I'll take the hit there if it helps me win because I know the rest of my roster can handle the long-term.

Users who are viewing this thread