What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

I think Julio Jones sheds some light. He is 3 years older than Thomas and had more or less the same value 3 years ago that Thomas has now - maybe a shade less. Thomas had roughly the same value 3 years ago as Moore does now - maybe a shade more. Although Julio is still a top WR, his value has dropped a lot in dynasty. I can't trade him straight up for Moore in either league.team where I have a share. So, with no injuries and not having to survive any QB change or controversy, Jones' value has dropped at least a 1st round pick (judging from the value difference between Thomas and Moore in the tradewe're talking about). 

From there, I think you'd say that if you are close enough to a title that the difference between Thomas and Moore will likely decide whether you win or lose, go with Thomas to win. If you aren't close or don't think the difference between Thomas and Moore will be a lot next year and after or think Moore will be better then Thomas in three years, go with Moore and the 1st.

The other factor is whether MT is a sell high. You could make the argument he is.
That is a legit question...the deal we are talking about just doesn't do much for me...IMO it is purely a move to get younger when age is not a huge concern and there is a good chance it won't translate to wins...the draft pick isn't a high one and it is the only one of substance...that deal has a ton of downside and while I understand Brees is an x-factor (I don't worry as much about that because of Payton) it is not like Moore is playing with Mahomes or Watson...if you are gonna deal Thomas you need to be overwhelmed...Moore would be a nice starting point but that pick would need to be higher and I would need more picks and/or another quality player as well...Thomas is an elite player who's numbers have improved all four years he has been in the league...if I am going to deal him it would have to have a dramatic effect on my roster and involve at least two players who would become foundation starters for my team.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see where he's coming from. At age 22 Moore had 1175 receiving yards with Kyle Allen as his QB. This puts DJM in rare company. Michael Thomas was still at Ohio St at that age. The guy very well might be getting a much younger MT and a 1st to go with it.

Looking at the value, he received a 1.11 for going from a 1st round to a 2nd round start up pick. It's debateable and a lot of people always want to get the best player. Keeptradecut has this trade favoring the side getting MT only after adding a "value adjustment".

I would take Moore and the 1.11 but I'm a big fan of DJM.
The jump from good to elite is the hardest one to make, and with the bevy of good WRs in the NFL right now Moore really has to make that jump for this trade to make sense.

What do you think the chances are that Moore makes the leap and becomes a consistent 100-1400-10+ type of WR?  It's certainly well within his range of outcomes but it is very far from assured.

If Moore is "only" a consistent 80-1200-6 type of player going forward then that is a really nice piece to have for the forseeable future, for sure, but in the modern NFL it is not worth giving up someone putting up actual difference making numbers for.  It is very replaceable.

In terms of getting more for Thomas right now, maybe in theory yes, but honestly I think this is about the most you can get if you are trading for WR - an elite young prospect who has already produced to some degree and a first to cover the gap/risk. Once you start putting more assets on the Moore side, the Moore owner probably starts to think what the upside in doing this trade, especially if you're paying for past production to some extent? Not saying this is right, but that's the thinking. Also depends on how your league values firsts - I've been in some leagues where they are almost used as throw ins to even up a deal, and others where they are highly overvalued.
The upside is the 8ppg that MT outscored DJM by last year.  I realize the person getting Moore is likely expecting that gap to close and MT to pull back some, but you mentioned upside here.

One of the most puzzling things to me in FF is the way people will chase points so hard at the middle/bottom of their lineup, but settle for "good enough" at the top.  People think eh I've already got DJM and he's pretty good, why do I need MT?  It's just swapping out one top asset for another one.

But 8ppg is a massive amount.  8ppg was the difference between DeAndre Hopkins and Chris Conley last year.  How hard would someone pursue a move that upgraded Chris Conley for DeAndre Hopkins at their WR3 spot?  So why is that same point difference so often treated as negligible if we're talking about the WR1 spot instead?

That's more of a general comment than specific to this trade, but the attitude of there not necessarily being much upside in MT relative to DJM just kind of illustrates it.  The very achievable upside of the difference between MT and DJM is the same as the difference between DeAndre Hopkins and Chris Conley.  In other words, it's massive.

Dynasty PPR

Team A gave DJ Moore, 2020 1.11 & 2020 4.11 rookie picks

Team B gave Michael Thomas
I'll take Thomas by a lot. I don't think this is particularly close. I do like Moore a lot. But Thomas wins championships. There is no WR in the league that will put up as many FF points in one's lineup as this guy. 

I understand wanting to get younger and to be cognizant of when a player is approaching some sort of age cliff (how has that concept treated Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, Julio, etc...) but based on your comments about your roster you are definitely in dominate now mode. Not win now, not rebuilding, but absolutely crushing right now. And you're giving up boxscore pts every week with this trade. Thomas could be elite *into* his 30s. 

If he isn't I'd still want *dramatically* more than this deal if I decided I wanted to sell high. This is selling low IMO.

Part of the reason I want to see if I can flip MT for a haul is b/c I am already loaded at WR (Start 3 & 2 flex) & even pretty good at RB (Barkley, Cook, Henry, Fournette). My 2 starting WRs before MT were Evans, Tyreek & Hopkins. DJ Moore mostly sat on my bench & I even have AR15 & Landry & Golladay to plug in too if need be. If I can get my RB stable a bit younger & more stable by moving MT, I think I'd do it.
I would call Barkley-Cook-Henry a little more then “pretty good”

The first brick has fallen

FFPC league, not involved

Team A got: Antonio Gibson and Amari Cooper

Team B got: Chris Godwin and a 2021 3rd

So basically Cooper and a 2020 3rd for Godwin and a 2021 third?  Guy who got Godwin pulled off robbery.  Gibson is in a five way for carries after gruice was cut.

Go with Godwin here...the issue with Gibson is that while he is very intriguing we still don't know what his role in the NFL will be and if it will translate to fantasy...I can understand wanting to obtain him but he's not enough to close the gap here...and I also see no reason to have to throw in a #3 as well.

Me, FFPC, contending tm.

Give

B. Aiyuk & A. Mcfarland

Get

R. Woods

I'm not big fan of Woods (do not own him anywhere else), but as often happens in the FFPC I really need the roster spot and I think Woods can help me this yr and next so why not. 

Part of the reason I want to see if I can flip MT for a haul is b/c I am already loaded at WR (Start 3 & 2 flex) & even pretty good at RB (Barkley, Cook, Henry, Fournette). My 3 starting WRs before MT were Evans, Tyreek & Hopkins. DJ Moore mostly sat on my bench & I even have AR15 & Landry & Golladay to plug in too if need be. If I can get my RB stable a bit younger & more stable by moving MT, I think I'd do it.
Part of the reason you can do what you want is that your league isn’t competitive. So who cares.  Trade him or don’t. Your team is stronger than a 4 teamer 

I think Aiyuk sucks, but he is an immediate impact rookie.  I'd easily take Woods here.  
Why do think Aiyuk sucks?  I believe both he and Pittman will have better rookie years than Lamb and Jeudy.  I'm not saying Aiyuk is better than them, but he doesn't suck.

Why do think Aiyuk sucks?  I believe both he and Pittman will have better rookie years than Lamb and Jeudy.  I'm not saying Aiyuk is better than them, but he doesn't suck.
I don't like Pittman either.  Late breakout for both and I did not like their tape when I watched them.  But as for Aiyuk specifically, JUCO route doesn't inspire confidence and the only reason he produced is because Harry left.  That's the way I see it at least.  Out of the top11 they are the last 2 I'd take.  Reagor, Lamb, Jefferson, Higgins, Mims, Shenault, Edwards, Jeudy, Ruggs and then those 2. 

I don't really have much doubt they'd impact more immediately than Lamb or Jeudy but they aren't special transcendent talents that I'd bet as long term assets.  I'd take the talent profiles of all those others before mediocre/poor ones like Aiyuk and Pittman.  

I don't like Pittman either.  Late breakout for both and I did not like their tape when I watched them.  But as for Aiyuk specifically, JUCO route doesn't inspire confidence and the only reason he produced is because Harry left.  That's the way I see it at least.  Out of the top11 they are the last 2 I'd take.  Reagor, Lamb, Jefferson, Higgins, Mims, Shenault, Edwards, Jeudy, Ruggs and then those 2. 

I don't really have much doubt they'd impact more immediately than Lamb or Jeudy but they aren't special transcendent talents that I'd bet as long term assets.  I'd take the talent profiles of all those others before mediocre/poor ones like Aiyuk and Pittman.  
I disagree with you about Aiyuk and Pittman.  I believe both will be better than some of those you listed, and probably several you listed.  Especially Shenault, Edwards, Mims, and Ruggs.  Probably Jefferson too, but maybe not on Jefferson, I don't know for sure.

Way to be rude for no reason
The guys ability to disproportionately accumulate assets would lean me towards just getting the best player in any deal. But like he says, the best WR in FF is just a small piece of his vast roster, so sure, trade him for a haul if the draft picks and upside intrigue you. It’s a nice position to be in 

Lots of good Gibson discussion here, thinking I should hold off trying to move to 1.11 to get him.  Would probably take my 2021 1st or 2.04 + 2021 2nd to get it done.  Thanks all

NE_REVIVAL said:
Me, FFPC, contending tm.

Give

B. Aiyuk & A. Mcfarland

Get

R. Woods

I'm not big fan of Woods (do not own him anywhere else), but as often happens in the FFPC I really need the roster spot and I think Woods can help me this yr and next so why not. 
This is a good move.  Bobby Trees should be much better with Cooks and Gurley gone.  Aiyuk and McFarland are dart throws.  If you want to compete this was a great move to me and I'm not huge on Woods.

Good call not moving up, sitting at 2.04 and Gibson is still there.  So are Mims who I’m not crazy about and Bryan Edwards who I love

What value do you place on the following players in a PPR dynasty (keep all, no cap) league?

1. Mike Evans is the WR ____
2. Tyreek Hill is the WR____
3. D.Hopkins is the WR ____

Thanks in advance. 

Users who are viewing this thread