What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

14 team 1Q 1RB 2WR 1TE 1F .5ppr

Sent:

Amari Cooper

Diontae Johnson

Brandon Aiyuk

2022 1st round pick 1.13 #13

Got:

Michael Thomas

Brandin Cooks

Last edited by a moderator:
I would take what you sent.
It's a fair deal for Thomas for sure. He came to me looking to make something happen.

I have top team, most points 3x in a row, have Dak and was looking to break up Dak/Cooper combo as it cost me championship. Gives me Dak/CMC/Gurley/Tyreek/Thomas/Waller-Engram starting lineup with a decent enough bench. So I should cruise barring a disaster.

All that said, if I didn't have Diontae in my other dynasty league I wouldn't have done it. I think he's gonna be superstar. But I'll hedge my bets and take the surefire superstar if I can get him. 

Dynasty 6 point all TD

QRRWWWTFKD

Team A Gives Kittle + Fitzgerald 

Team B Gives Engram + D. Adams
As high as I am on kittle my initial reaction is hands down the Adams/Engram side,  but if I have a good WR group I would consider making that move. It would have to be a good group though. 

14 team 1Q 1RB 2WR 1TE 1F .5ppr

Sent:

Amari Cooper

Diontae Johnson

Brandon Aiyuk

2021 1st round pick 1.13 #13

Got:

Michael Thomas

Brandin Cooks
I think this is probably the year to cash out on Thomas, since Brees is likely gone in 2021 and who knows how that will change his numbers. But if I did move him, I'd want a load like this, that's for sure. 

I think this is probably the year to cash out on Thomas, since Brees is likely gone in 2021 and who knows how that will change his numbers. But if I did move him, I'd want a load like this, that's for sure. 
yeah hard to overpay for the best WR in fantasy but I think this is too much - the only way I would consider something like this is if I had a massive roster space crunch and needed to consolidate assets. Great haul for the seller. 

ffmail4me said:
Interesting consensus here is for the non-Thomas side. In my league, most people were pretty pissed I picked him up. I'm the best team so I had to tilt a slight overpay to get him, but the way I see it I never look past 3 years. And I think Thomas is a top 5 WR for that window, regardless of QB. And if Winston comes in for 2-3 years post-Brees, I'd be thrilled.

I actually dislike Cooper's future variables more, as he might not have Dak and who knows the impact Lamb may have.

Also, I should say I mistyped the deal it was a 2022 first not 2021.

12 team SF PPR

I gave Justin Herbert, Tyrod Taylor, and 2021 3rd

I got Kerryon Johnson and Gardner Minshew

I love Minshew, think he's underrated. I do recognize the "1 minute until midnight" doomsday clock he's staring at with the Jags looking like a tank job but still think he's a very good QB talent. As for Kerryon, I have Swift. I probably lose that trade in short term value and could really lose long term with the wrong shake but I thought the risk was outweighed by the points now on a win now team

12 team SF PPR

Gave Cooks, Sternberger, Graham

Got Hockenson, 22 3rd

Like Cooks more in the short term (he could be a WR1) but he’s one hit away from Jordan Reed relevance level, no points and no value. Hock has 1st round capital behind him and with Golladay banged up, thought it was a decent hedge

Traded a 21 2nd and James Robinson for Drew Lock. 1QB league but 10 team taxi, 18 man squad. Qbs are slim pickings. I have Teddy B, Darnold, Brady. So I’m not bad for this year but I don’t feeel confident waiting on a rookie next year if Darnold and Teddy don’t pan out. Lock is on my taxi.

I was good trading a 2nd for Lock, and Robinson I don’t have much faith in. I also needed some taxi/roster space so the 2:1 was attractive to me. 

In a corresponding move the owner cut Michael Pittman... I was disappointed I didn’t see it until after someone else scooped him up 

I'm actually curious if anyone has managed to trade Gallup for good value, would love to hear some examples (haven't seen a lot in this thread that I remember).

I was curious so I went back in this league to see the offers that were rejected while I was trying to ship him out:

Gallup for:

1.11, 2.05 (trade calculators said this was even) - instant reject, no counter

2.01, 2.06 - instant reject, no counter

2.04, 2.07 - instant reject, no counter

2.06, 3.01 (I was getting a bit desperate at this point, guys like Aiyuk, Edwards, Claypool, Gibson were still on the board) - Rejected with a comment that it was "close" but decided against it, no counter

Ronald Jones, 3.02 (back in May, pre-hype) - reject, no counter

-----

Anyone have better luck? This guy was damn near immovable for me despite having a great 2nd year.

In our league, Gallup went for 2.12 and what will be a very late 2021 2nd after Lamb was drafted.

Wasn't involved in either but .5 PPR 12 team league:

Team A gave:

2021 2nd and 2021 6th

Team B gave:

Tarik Cohen and 2021 3rd

Team B from above gave:

Antonio Golden-Gandy and TJ Hockenson

Team C gave:

Kareem Hunt and 2021 2nd

I wasn't a fan of either trade.

Traded a 21 2nd and James Robinson for Drew Lock. 1QB league but 10 team taxi, 18 man squad. Qbs are slim pickings. I have Teddy B, Darnold, Brady. So I’m not bad for this year but I don’t feeel confident waiting on a rookie next year if Darnold and Teddy don’t pan out. Lock is on my taxi.

I was good trading a 2nd for Lock, and Robinson I don’t have much faith in. I also needed some taxi/roster space so the 2:1 was attractive to me. 

In a corresponding move the owner cut Michael Pittman... I was disappointed I didn’t see it until after someone else scooped him up 
I don't understand why you have up a starting RB and a second for a fourth QB? 

I less understand why someone cut Pittman. 

I don't understand why you have up a starting RB and a second for a fourth QB? 
I needed to do a major rebuild last year on this team and I feel I am in a situation where I can’t hang my chances on a rookie QB in 2021 or 2022. I need a long term solution. I don’t have a whole lot of faith in Darnold or Bridgewater as qb1s. Brady will get me by this year. If Darnold or Bridgewater end up being useful I can always trade them for about the same price. 
The way my team is structured I have a winning window coming within the next 2-3 seasons, possibly this year depending on how my guys improve from last year, but there is a guy who is absolutely stacked in the league so that’s a problem. It was an overpay, but I didn’t care for Robinson at all. He’s another Peyton Barber and will just be a roster clogger. The 2nd was probably a rookie QB anyways so I’m happy to get a qb I think has a bright future vs a guy who is 50/50 to bust. 28 man rosters with no one trading qbs... we started negotiations with him asking me for a 1st or Hunt for Lock. I felt fortunate to give up a guy I grabbed off FA/have no faith in and a 2nd

I needed to do a major rebuild last year on this team and I feel I am in a situation where I can’t hang my chances on a rookie QB in 2021 or 2022. I need a long term solution. I don’t have a whole lot of faith in Darnold or Bridgewater as qb1s. Brady will get me by this year. If Darnold or Bridgewater end up being useful I can always trade them for about the same price. 
The way my team is structured I have a winning window coming within the next 2-3 seasons, possibly this year depending on how my guys improve from last year, but there is a guy who is absolutely stacked in the league so that’s a problem. It was an overpay, but I didn’t care for Robinson at all. He’s another Peyton Barber and will just be a roster clogger. The 2nd was probably a rookie QB anyways so I’m happy to get a qb I think has a bright future vs a guy who is 50/50 to bust. 28 man rosters with no one trading qbs... we started negotiations with him asking me for a 1st or Hunt for Lock. I felt fortunate to give up a guy I grabbed off FA/have no faith in and a 2nd
I guess, but I'd have worked the phones for another QB. But in a league where guys are already cutting borderline R1/2 WRs, I think you'll be fine regardless.  ;)

The guy I traded Ertz & Hilton to then made this trade...

Sent Ertz & Hilton, 2021 1st & 2021 3rd for Hopkins & Gronk
I would absolutely do that...although draft picks are involved this feels like a redraft trade...if I am dealing Hopkins in Dynasty I am not eying players who are not getting any younger...I really don’t see the logic in that...really like this trade the more I look at it...you give up big names/good players but in reality they are the type you were probably thinking of moving on from pretty soon...to cash out on Hopkins for this is a very wise move.

The guy I traded Ertz & Hilton to then made this trade...

Sent Ertz & Hilton, 2021 1st & 2021 3rd for Hopkins & Gronk
D-Hop has to be worth more than this.  We saw why yesterday and he isn't old.  Especially if Ertz doesn't sign his deal, Philly turns the position over to Goedert, and Ertz has to find a new team next year.  I guess id depends on where that 1st falls next year.

Took over an orphaned non-PPR IDP Zealots team that's pretty stinky. I'm dismantling it. First trade was a sideways one but the second...whoa daddy.

Trade #1

Got
Brady, Tom TBB Q
Tagovailoa, Tua MIA QB
Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick 

Gave
Wilson, Russell SEA QB
Diggs, Stefon BUF WR
Edmunds, Tremaine BUF LB
Reid, Justin HOU S
Trade #2

Got
Darnold, Sam NYJ QB
Evans, Darrynton TEN RB
Robinson, James JAC RB
McLaurin, Terry WAS WR
Sutton, Courtland DEN WR
Watkins, Sammy KCC WR
Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick 
Year 2021 Round 2 Draft Pick 
Year 2021 Round 3 Draft Pick
Year 2021 Round 3 Draft Pick
Year 2021 Round 4 Draft Pick
Year 2021 Round 5 Draft Pick
Year 2021 Round 5 Draft Pick
Year 2021 Round 6 Draft Pick

Gave
Watson, Deshaun HOU QB
Elliott, Ezekiel DAL RB

Took over an orphaned non-PPR IDP Zealots team that's pretty stinky. I'm dismantling it. First trade was a sideways one but the second...whoa daddy.
I'll take Zeke and Watson. A lot of garbage in the big side, but some juicy bits too. Still I tend to default to like the side with the best player, and this side has the two best players in the deal so ....

I'll take Zeke and Watson. A lot of garbage in the big side, but some juicy bits too. Still I tend to default to like the side with the best player, and this side has the two best players in the deal so ....
Of course Zeke is the best player, but if the team as a whole is bereft of talent then you have to move him. And I can't see anyone saying that return of 1st/McLaurin/Sutton is bad. 

If there's "garbage" (I read this as "no sure thing"), it's on the part you'd apply to Watson. But in a start 1 QB league, I'll take the ten or so chances of getting something in return - especially when I've already decided that I'll take a shot at moving on with Tua. 

Made two trades in two different leagues...

14 team SF 0.5 PPR start 1qb 2rb 3 wr 1 te 1 flex 1 sf

Gave Higbee (I have Andrews as my TE 1)

Got - Brandin Cooks and Albert O

12 team SF PPR start 1 qb, 2 rb 2 wr 1 te 4 flex 1 sf

Gave Cam Newton 2021 4th. (I currently roster Matt Ryan Deshaun Watson and Drew Brees)

Got Justin Jefferson 2021 2nd

Andy Dufresne said:
Depends on where people are at, I suppose. For someone contending they probably want to keep Zeke.

I just looked at it as McLaurin/Sutton/1st for Zeke is a good return and then the rest for Watson also looks good. 
I have at least one more season of competing with Zeke - but that offer would be tempting even though it would hurt for this season.

Just made one of my biggest trades ever but what is especially interesting is I made two offers and he accepted both offers but the first offer being accepted invalidated the second. This is FFPC and the person I made the trade with is one of my favorite people in FFPC, great guy to have in a dynasty league, and he's a little sore he accepted the first offer before seeing the second.  Put value aside and which deal people think is better, I'd like to ask opinions on right thing to do here with someone I genuinely like and don't want to be sore over a trade and again I stress the offer was not accepted in error, he just preferred the second offer.

The trade I did:

Gave:

Kyler Murray

Noah Fant

Justin Jefferson

Eric Ebron

2021 #1 and 2021 #2(projected playoff)

Got:

Mahomes

Michael Thomas

Goedert

DJAX

For what it's worth the second trade offer he also accepted and preferred to do was:

Give: Kyler, Jeudy, Jefferson, Fant, #2 and #3 in 2021 draft

Got:  Mahomes, Thomas, Goedert, Antonio Gibson

So basically if I wanted to turn the accepted first offer into the second offer I'd offer him Jeudy, DJAX, and my third round pick in 2021 for Gibson, Ebron and my first round pick in 2021 back.  Again I know I personally prefer to keep Juedy, but would prefer to do right by this guy so this is not asking which side is better, I can see it both ways but my personal preference and also what I think makes more sense for my team is to keep Juedy.

Users who are viewing this thread