What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

FFPC 

I gave M Pittman, Ertz, Cousins for Deebo

I figured Ertz and Cousins wouldn't make my 16 man cutdown roster, so this is essentially Pittman to get Deebo for me. Those guys will make the other team's cutdown likely. Thought it was a nice buy low on Deebo.

EthnicFury said:
Huh. Not a Vaughn believer but I’d take the gamble and it’s not close.

edit to elaborate: I’ve made many a tidy profit trading assets I got for free and don’t particularly believe in for distressed assets that were once expensive when their values converge. Vaughn was overvalued in rookie drafts but that’s basically free unless you have very deep rosters, a 5th is nothing and the chance of Davis winning the starting job outright is nil.
Davis is a free agent.  What if he goes somewhere with a shot at a starting role or even a timeshare?   I think “at best” Vaughn gets into a timeshare with RoJo.  I highly doubt he beats out Jones to be the starter.  

robb said:
Thoughts on this trade:

I received: Vaughn, RB Tampa Bay

i gave up: 2021 5th early & Mike Davis
I like it. Mike Davis had a good year but were he is going to do that again? Fournette likely gone, McCoy of course. Not a guarantee but good chance for third down role/primary backup in 2021 with a chance to showcase himself as possible option for 2022 main gig with ROJO's contract expiring at end of 21.

FFPC 

I figured Ertz and Cousins wouldn't make my 16 man cutdown roster, so this is essentially Pittman to get Deebo for me. Those guys will make the other team's cutdown likely. Thought it was a nice buy low on Deebo.
It's ok if you really like Pittman more then Deebo but seems like a unilateral value move and while Ertz may not have value to you now or to your other leaguemates  I'd have waited for FA/trades in real NFL to open up and see if he's moved to a team that would spike his value.

It's ok if you really like Pittman more then Deebo but seems like a unilateral value move and while Ertz may not have value to you now or to your other leaguemates  I'd have waited for FA/trades in real NFL to open up and see if he's moved to a team that would spike his value.
You're right that Ertz's value could spike a bit potentially, but even then I still like it. I like Deebo more and is who I got for Pittman.

Was offered 1.05, 1.07 for my j taylor. It's a 2qb league where I need desperate help at qb. But I'd be trading jt for maybe 3 or 4th best rookie qb and a top 3 wr prospect I dunno

Davis is a free agent.  What if he goes somewhere with a shot at a starting role or even a timeshare?   I think “at best” Vaughn gets into a timeshare with RoJo.  I highly doubt he beats out Jones to be the starter.  
I just can’t see someone bringing in a guy like Davis as a starter. He’s an above average backup journeyman. Could the pieces all fall into place, expected starter gets injured, etc and he has another year like this one? Sure, but I don’t see it being anyone’s plan.

There’s still a chance Vaughn is a long-term asset. It’s not a high chance, but it’s a chance I’d buy at this price. He could just as easily luck into the starting job if Rojo gets hurt or resumes sucking, and not look back. But if Davis does so I feel confident he’s not somebody’s plan A next year, whereas Vaughn could be

Was offered 1.05, 1.07 for my j taylor. It's a 2qb league where I need desperate help at qb. But I'd be trading jt for maybe 3 or 4th best rookie qb and a top 3 wr prospect I dunno
One thing about 2 QB leagues...if you don't have enough QBs you are DOA and due to that you have to pay a premium to get them...the x-factor short-term is that a few rookie QBs could end up in a situation where they have to sit a year...if it is a 2 QB league (i.e. legit QBs usually get drafted early) there is a good chance you will be looking at a very good RB like Harris or Williams or a WR like Chase or Smith at that #7 or you could get real lucky and be able to grab two QBs and be set at QB for awhile (as well as having great trade bait)...while dealing Taylor is painful I would really think about this deal because unless you can figure out your QB woes another way this will be your best bet and you will also be in a position to add another high-end prospect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can’t see someone bringing in a guy like Davis as a starter. He’s an above average backup journeyman. Could the pieces all fall into place, expected starter gets injured, etc and he has another year like this one? Sure, but I don’t see it being anyone’s plan.

There’s still a chance Vaughn is a long-term asset. It’s not a high chance, but it’s a chance I’d buy at this price. He could just as easily luck into the starting job if Rojo gets hurt or resumes sucking, and not look back. But if Davis does so I feel confident he’s not somebody’s plan A next year, whereas Vaughn could be
This was my thinking exactly! It was a small price to pay for POTENTIAL, and if it doesn’t work out, I’ve lost Davis who isn’t a dynasty asset long term.

14 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex (Keep 12) roster 20 in season 

Give: A. Cooper, 1.12, 8.02

Get: T. Kelce, 5.11, 6.11

Current Keepers:

A. Rodgers

A. Kamara, R. Jones, M. Gordon, Fournette

D. Adams, D. Metcalf, M. Evans, J. Jefferson, JuJu

T. Kelce, H. Henry

FFPC 

I like Pittman over Deebo so........I love that you cleared space, though. I mainly play FFPC and understand. Nobody has quite figured a way to quantify saving roster spots, but *it matters*. Not just for reaching compliance but for making room for another player. You say you were going to cut those two anyway, but now there is more flexibility. If you like Deebo more than Pittman then I have no issue with it. 

FFPC Superflex - I just took the title but need draft capital

I gave Taysom Hill, 4.02
I got 2.05, 5.08, 6.10

I actually do like Hill a bit but gotta take the profit here after picking him up off waivers this year. New owner. If Hill wins the job this deal will be on his side. 

What is Shenault worth now? Possibly will have Lawrence as his QB next year, but also has some competition at WR in Jacksonville. New coach too.

Worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Worth getting AJ Dillon?

I don’t think Shenault did enough this year to raise his value from the 2nd round pick he consistently was in 2020. 
At best he held his value and you’ll need to find a disillusioned owner willing to give up on him this early

edit: if you’re asking if you should give up Shenault to get Dillon, jump all over that

What is Shenault worth now? Possibly will have Lawrence as his QB next year, but also has some competition at WR in Jacksonville. New coach too.

Worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick?

Worth getting AJ Dillon?
I like Shenault but I have a feeling he's gonna be a better real football player then fantasy player...getting Dillon for him would be a steal IMO...I wouldn't deal a second for him, I would rather take the chance I can hit bigger with that pick...as for the other pick he's worth a third but I don't think I would do that either because I would rather keep that asset for now in case a better deal comes up and that 3rd round pick could seal it.

10 team 2qb ppr

gave: J taylor, 3.02, 3.05, 4.04

got: Ekeler, Claypool, 1.06, 2.06
This is such an awesome trade IMO. It is so hard to sell the hottest pony in the the stable but if you can get a great haul you have a real chance at making your team a lot better. I love what you got, nice work.

10 team 2qb ppr

gave: J taylor, 3.02, 3.05, 4.04

got: Ekeler, Claypool, 1.06, 2.06
Curious why people are liking this deal? I much prefer Taylor here. He’s RB4 at worst in dynasty. Ekeler is an aged RB, Claypool is a fake WR1 and 1.06 in super flex is a top RB prospect who doesn’t come close to Taylor as a prospect. 

I don’t understand making this deal

Curious why people are liking this deal? I much prefer Taylor here. He’s RB4 at worst in dynasty. Ekeler is an aged RB, Claypool is a fake WR1 and 1.06 in super flex is a top RB prospect who doesn’t come close to Taylor as a prospect. 

A lot of us don't necessarily agree with the bolded.

Especially in a 10 teamer.  You need the elite asset. 

12 Team IDP league.  Keep 15, re-draft 15.  First few rounds usually play out like a rookie draft.  Not technically dynasty, but I don't have anything else to compare it to, so I usually use dynasty stuff for value comparisons.

Anywhose, been trying like hell to sell David Johnson.  Sent out feelers to every team in the league, most act like he's dead.  Finally got a deal

Johnson for 3/9.  

PPR - Barkley for Tyreek
Will go with Hill...two elite players but Hill is not coming off of an ACL injury and is in a far better situation...as long as Hill doesn't do something stupid off the field you know what you're getting, with Barkley you hope you know but you really don't yet...even if Barkley comes back to a best case scenario you are still in a good spot with Hill. 

I play PPR and Ekeler is a 25 year old pass catcher tied to a great young quarterback, I disagree on Claypool, and 1.06 will be very valuable especially in a two QB. The 2.06 will probably look goood at draft time as well.
Fair enough I suppose but PPR has nothing to do with it because Taylor has now established a great catching floor. Looking at Ekeler as 25 is a mistake. For offseason trades I feel you have to look at age at the start of the season. That’s not that main disagreement though. Seems to come down to how we both feel about Claypool. 

Fair enough I suppose but PPR has nothing to do with it because Taylor has now established a great catching floor. Looking at Ekeler as 25 is a mistake. For offseason trades I feel you have to look at age at the start of the season. That’s not that main disagreement though. Seems to come down to how we both feel about Claypool. 
How does PPR not have anything to do with it?  That is the obvious strength of Ekeler...if it wasn't PPR Ekeler's value would not be as strong...also, it's not just about Claypool (who I admit I am very high on) but a 1.6 in a Super-flex league which in this draft means you will either add a young QB which is always important in that format or if there's a run on QBs with those first five picks (which is always a possibility in Super-flex) you are looking at Najee, Etienne, Williams, Chase, Smith, Pitts or whichever non-QB you have ranked highly...he also gets the 2.6 which means this deal could potentially look something like:

Ekeler, Claypool, Chase, Sermon (I am guessing on the rookies...fill in others if you'd like)

for

Taylor, two third round picks

I think most people agree that Taylor has a chance to be an elite level RB for awhile but this is the type of trade that can change the total foundation of your team for years to come.

thanks for the comments on my JT trade. some for some against so maybe it's about right then?

FWIW, I have dobbins and akers as well so i still have young RB talent. I'm hoping that ekeler will produce for 2 years at high level. hoping to take a qb at 1.06 but also working to package 1.06 w/picks to move up to 1.04 (One rebuilding owner has picks 1 thru 4 this year). even if i stay at 1.06 and there is a run on qb's early then it should be at worst one of the 2 top WRs or RB. we'll see

Will go with Hill...two elite players but Hill is not coming off of an ACL injury and is in a far better situation...as long as Hill doesn't do something stupid off the field you know what you're getting, with Barkley you hope you know but you really don't yet...even if Barkley comes back to a best case scenario you are still in a good spot with Hill. 
I agree as well and hated to give up Tyreek, but As is talked about in the dynasty thread though, RBs can be hard to come by in existing leagues. Plus there are a lot of WR’s out there right now.

I couldn’t get the owner to agree to something like this in season for some reason and other top RB owners weren’t interested (best offer I got for Tyreek at any point was Evans + Marquise Brown.) My only other RB’s are CEH and Conner (who I could not trade away for 2 years now.) unfortunately Tyreeks points really hurt my draft position where I have the 5th pick (and the 7th from a trade last year.) So likely on the outside looking in for a top RB prospect whereas I should be able to use those picks to try to reload at WR or maybe TE.

thanks for the comments on my JT trade. some for some against so maybe it's about right then?

FWIW, I have dobbins and akers as well so i still have young RB talent. I'm hoping that ekeler will produce for 2 years at high level. hoping to take a qb at 1.06 but also working to package 1.06 w/picks to move up to 1.04 (One rebuilding owner has picks 1 thru 4 this year). even if i stay at 1.06 and there is a run on qb's early then it should be at worst one of the 2 top WRs or RB. we'll see
It’s always going to be contentious trading away a hot player like Taylor. There are multiple schools of thought, one of which is you hold onto these guys no matter the price in the hopes they become keystone players for years, some others believe you cash them in when someone throws a whopper of an offer at you. IMO that qualified.

Somewhat depends on how you feel about Taylor too. Personally I would be worried that his hot streak came against a string of some of the worst defenses in the league that had nothing to play for and a floundering Pittsburgh team. I also don’t think Reich will give up his RBBC ways making Taylor a guy who will end up with good #’s at the end of the year but will also run hot and cold in the future just like he did this year. I could easily be wrong, but you got enough solid pieces there to more than offset that risk.

It’s always going to be contentious trading away a hot player like Taylor. There are multiple schools of thought, one of which is you hold onto these guys no matter the price in the hopes they become keystone players for years, some others believe you cash them in when someone throws a whopper of an offer at you. IMO that qualified.

Somewhat depends on how you feel about Taylor too. Personally I would be worried that his hot streak came against a string of some of the worst defenses in the league that had nothing to play for and a floundering Pittsburgh team. I also don’t think Reich will give up his RBBC ways making Taylor a guy who will end up with good #’s at the end of the year but will also run hot and cold in the future just like he did this year. I could easily be wrong, but you got enough solid pieces there to more than offset that risk.
The fact it is four pieces is something I really like...while every trade is an unknown there seems to be a nice cushion for error as Ekeler should be good for at least two more years, Claypool at worst should be solid, that 1.6 will be a high-end prospect and 2.6 should at least be a quality trade asset for a couple of years...you can miss on two of those pieces and still be in decent shape...that type of deal does not come along too often. 

Helaire-ious said:
PPR

Team A gave Mooney

Team B Gave Gallup
Dallas Offense > Chicago Offense since the beginning of time and hasn't changed. Otherwise I wouldn't give up Mooney for Gallup unless there were other pieces involved. But I wouldn't move Gallup for Mooney so I guess it depends on which one I own already (zero in RL). Good chance I'd throw up in my mouth (that's twice today) if I had to start either one. 

More serious answer they are both WR3 types that are more or less interchangeable along with a *lot* of other WRs out there. So for me it really comes down to which is more marketable and/or packageable (did I make that word up?). 

Picks all day long. Kamara is a fantastic sell right now for top teams before his value starts tanking. 
I agree with picks side, not necessarily that Kamara is a sell right now but in a vacuum I do like the picks side.

In a non vacuum look at the trade I loved it for the team that dealt Kamara, pretty down on it for the team that got him.

The team that traded away Kamara had him, Barkley, Sanders and James Robinson at RB and already won the league last year and won it kind of convincingly.  Barkley's return will likely make up for much of the loss of Kamara,  meanwhile he dealt his oldest RB to get two prime pieces of youth plus Ruggs. This is exactly how teams that are at the top of their leagues stay on top of their leagues for a long time. It's reloading so you never have to rebuild.

The team that got Kamara got a great player of course and he might be the push they need to be competitive but giving up two prime pieces of youth to get what will be a 26 year old RB on his second contract when your team was not a playoff team last year and on paper you still don't project as a 3 team in the league is not something I would ever be in favor of doing. If I ever made a deal like this to get Kamara giving up those picks I'd have to think he's the guy that gets me over the top, not seeing it here.

Another Kamara deal.  FFPC

Kamara

For

Amari Cooper, Joe Burrow, pick 14, pick 18, pick 24, future 1st  (the future 1st belongs to a team with a good chance at making the playoffs)

Team dealing away Kamara is looking to the future

Another Kamara deal.  FFPC

Kamara

For

Amari Cooper, Joe Burrow, pick 14, pick 18, pick 24, future 1st  (the future 1st belongs to a team with a good chance at making the playoffs)

Team dealing away Kamara is looking to the future
In FFPC in particular if I'm trading Kamara the best piece I get back can't be Amari Cooper.

Users who are viewing this thread