What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

Any thoughts on this one?
The Watson/Cooper vs Herbert/Lamb portion of the trade would slightly go to the Herbert/Lamb side.

The Logan Thomas/7 for 20/29/41 is a bigger win for that side then the smaller loss they took on the Herbert/Lamb side.

So I would easily go with the side getting Watson.

Fair. Depends on who you like better. Gun to my head I'll take Herbert/Lamb since I don't care much for Cooper.

The Watson/Cooper vs Herbert/Lamb portion of the trade would slightly go to the Herbert/Lamb side.

The Logan Thomas/7 for 20/29/41 is a bigger win for that side then the smaller loss they took on the Herbert/Lamb side.

So I would easily go with the side getting Watson.
Interesting comparison in perspective here, I think.

One way to look at trades is to ask "which is the better value" and another is simply "which players/picks would you rather have". I guess as long as it's not too egregious, I've started to go with the players I'd rather have even if it looks like I've "lost" a bit on total value. 

Any thoughts on this one?
There are a lot of people ranking Lamb as a 1st round startup pick already so based on perceived value I would say that side.

I think I would prefer the other side and try to turn Cooper and the 7 into other pieces I like better but I can see the allure of Lamb.

12 team, .5 PPR, and 1 QB...

This year's champ gives:

Josh Jacobs, 2022 1st (projected very late again), and 2022 4th

for

Jalen Reagor, 1.6, 1.8, 1.11 and 3.4

Thoughts?
On paper I would prefer Jacobs and the future 1st in half PPR. I haven’t played half PPR but did play no PPR for a long time and RB’s (especially young ones) are gold. Any picks outside of early 1sts and WR’s rarely had much value in those leagues. I also don’t like Reagor much.

In actuality my guess is that Jacobs was probably the ranking champs RB3 or 4 so they are moving a non-core starter for a lot of good chances at rebuilding their depth for the future and some nice trade material. Jacobs owner gets a future 1st which is always good trade fodder, plus even great dynasty teams one season can struggle the next so there is upside there. Probably a good trade for both IMO.

On paper I would prefer Jacobs and the future 1st in half PPR. I haven’t played half PPR but did play no PPR for a long time and RB’s (especially young ones) are gold. Any picks outside of early 1sts and WR’s rarely had much value in those leagues. I also don’t like Reagor much.

In actuality my guess is that Jacobs was probably the ranking champs RB3 or 4 so they are moving a non-core starter for a lot of good chances at rebuilding their depth for the future and some nice trade material. Jacobs owner gets a future 1st which is always good trade fodder, plus even great dynasty teams one season can struggle the next so there is upside there. Probably a good trade for both IMO.
You are correct that I have Barkley, Kamara, Mixon, and Montgomery as well as some lower end guys like Gus Edwards, Gio, and Benny Snell so a lot of depth.  Our trades can't be finalized until after the SB when the league re-opens so this could be evolving as I also have Kittle & Kelce so he is looking to figure something out to include a TE also.

I had traded my last year's draft and my 1st 2 picks this year during the season to build my team due to injuries so wanted to get some draft capital back is the only reason.  I like the players I am giving away much more but figured it was a good time to get some of those picks.

Non-ppr, IDP

Gave: Dallas Goedert

Got: 2.10

I know people won't like this one, but his perceived value isn't close to reality. I offered him to the Eagles fan for a 2.4 and was turned down flat.

I'm in a total teardown and want the flexibility of picks. Now I have four firsts and three seconds.

This trade was more cap related on my part than anything else. IDP Dynasty salary league. PPR

I gave up Alvin Kamara, George Kittle, Laviska Shenault, and Anthony Walker.

I got Antonio Gibson, Mark Andrews, Brando Aiyuk, and Patrick McQueen.

Like I said mainly cap driven on my part. I was going to be forced to cut a lot of good players to get under the cap for next year, even before the rookie draft. I also have the 3rd pick in the draft and my own late round first. Another factor I considered is even as good as Kamara is, with Taysom Hill at QB, I think Kamara's value diminishes.
Depends a bit on your IDP scoring, as McQueen is worth a lot more than Walker.   That said, this looks like a you might have given up a little more, but if you had to trade under salary cap duress, I'd say you did pretty damn good.

Non-ppr, IDP

I know people won't like this one, but his perceived value isn't close to reality. I offered him to the Eagles fan for a 2.4 and was turned down flat.

I'm in a total teardown and want the flexibility of picks. Now I have four firsts and three seconds.
I'm not surprised you were turned down at 2.04, as there might be some very nice players available at that pick.   So that said, 2.10 isn't a bad decision if you're in rebuild mode, and the top 2 TEs in the draft look like winners.

A lot of other years I'd take Goedert.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not surprised you were turned down at 2.04, as there might be some very nice players available at that pick.   So that said, 2.08 isn't a bad decision if you're in rebuild mode, and the top 2 TEs in the draft look like winners.

A lot of other years I'd take Goedert.
I think I’d need a late first to consider giving up Goedert. TEs take too long to develop. Why start over? If you drafted him, this is what you’ve been waiting for. 

TEs are fantasy's new kickers. Other than the top two their performance is so random week to week it's not worth worrying about.
Very true, except owning a TE that breaks out is a very nice thing indeed.    I've got Hockenson, Kittle, and the 1.06, and I'll be sorely tempted to use that on Pitts if he's available.   (Assuming the best RBs are gone, and I'm already stacked at WR.)

TEs are fantasy's new kickers. Other than the top two their performance is so random week to week it's not worth worrying about.
What do you consider the 2.10 if not random chance at a starter? As was mentioned earlier I’m not moving Goedert for the 2.10. Not even close. This is a wonderful time of year to poach players like this because people just love draft picks!!

What do you consider the 2.10 if not random chance at a starter? As was mentioned earlier I’m not moving Goedert for the 2.10. Not even close. This is a wonderful time of year to poach players like this because people just love draft picks!!
It's a little different in IDP since the 22 picks will include some defensive players (although I'm not sure about that). So the 2.10 has a lot of possibilities.

There were three TEs in the top 40 pass catchers in non-ppr this year  Kelce, Waller, and Tonyan. The last was on most people's waiver wire to begin the season. (I know, there would have been four if Kittle hadn't been hurt.)

Further, the difference in PPG between #3 Tonyan and #10 Hayden Hurst was not quite 1.8 points. That's not a big difference to me. You may differ, and that's okay.

There were a lot of players with more upside than Goedert that went around the 2.10 mark last year. Your list may vary but I'd rather have a chance at a guy like Justin Herbert, Antonio Gibson, Chase Claypool, Kenneth Murray (LB), and possibly Shenault than sit with an easily replicable player in Goedert.

But the real value is increased flexibility. You're right, people love rookie picks. Which means they're of better use in packages to move up (or down) in the draft. A hypothetical move of 1.8 to 1.5 (or whatever) is typically easier to do with draft picks than players.

Lastly, and this is just my opinion, people projecting Goedert to match the production of peak Ertz have a firm grip on an empty sack.

Trade proposal. 12-tm PPR SF.

Team A (High-end contender) receives:
- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

Team B (Low-end contender) receives:
- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Carson Wentz (Eagles fan, Wentz believer)
- Myles Gaskin

- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Myles Gaskin
This belongs in the Assistant Coach Forum.

But as long as I'm here...Lamb/Sanders/1.07 by a LOT.

- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Myles Gaskin
Hope Team B got dinner and some hard drinks too ;)

It's a little different in IDP since the 22 picks will include some defensive players (although I'm not sure about that). So the 2.10 has a lot of possibilities.

There were three TEs in the top 40 pass catchers in non-ppr this year  Kelce, Waller, and Tonyan. The last was on most people's waiver wire to begin the season. (I know, there would have been four if Kittle hadn't been hurt.)

Further, the difference in PPG between #3 Tonyan and #10 Hayden Hurst was not quite 1.8 points. That's not a big difference to me. You may differ, and that's okay.

There were a lot of players with more upside than Goedert that went around the 2.10 mark last year. Your list may vary but I'd rather have a chance at a guy like Justin Herbert, Antonio Gibson, Chase Claypool, Kenneth Murray (LB), and possibly Shenault than sit with an easily replicable player in Goedert.

But the real value is increased flexibility. You're right, people love rookie picks. Which means they're of better use in packages to move up (or down) in the draft. A hypothetical move of 1.8 to 1.5 (or whatever) is typically easier to do with draft picks than players.

Lastly, and this is just my opinion, people projecting Goedert to match the production of peak Ertz have a firm grip on an empty sack.
I guess it all comes down to where you value a guy like Goedert. While this past draft might have seen some names like Gibson and Aiyuk in the 20-24 range it was full of land mines as well, with the likes of Hamler, Edwards, Vaughn, Tyler Johnson, Eno Benjamin, McFarland, Prople-Jones, depending on that site you get your ADP from. IDP format might push a name or two back in the top 22, but doesn’t change my outlook on this trade.

not that these guys should be judged after a single, weird rookie season either, but their lack of current value doesn’t help in your rosters current flexibility, either.

I for one prefer to accumulate good football players then play the flexible roster game. And I view Goedert as a good football player. I fully understand if someone doesn’t agree on this point as He does need to put together a full solid season.

- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Myles Gaskin
B looking to stay low end I guess...

- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Myles Gaskin
Team A in a heartbeat, and it isn't even close IMHO.

- CeeDee Lamb
- Miles Sanders

- DK Metcalf
- Marquise Brown
- Myles Gaskin
This is a terrible deal.  Like that might have been an ok deal had they not had to give 1.7 also.  I'd rage accept this deal as Team A.

Non-ppr, IDP

It’s not like goedart is old.  This is his time with ertz likely cut.

12 team Superflex ppr

team a - julio

team b - Hilton, 2.12 and 3.06 
Definitely Julio...not really sure what Team B is trying to accomplish here...if you can get a good return for Julio it is time to move on from him but IMO this isn't a good return...Hilton is the same age as Julio and those two picks are not near the stud area...Julio is aging but he still has some juice left and Team A just got him while working around the edges of his roster...this is a bad deal.

12 team Superflex ppr

team a - julio

team b - Hilton, 2.12 and 3.06 
In a non superflex league I believe Julio's value is somewhere around 1.12'ish and I'm not sure if that's not being generous. I'm basing that on a trade I saw, trades I tried to do but those were in-season when he was not hurt at the time so if anything is probably less but I don't play superflex so 1.12 in that format might be more like 1.9 in SF.

Hilton's value likely changes depending on if he returns to Colts vs where he might go. But right now it's super low. Was cut in some leagues of mine this past year. I own him in some leagues were I'll have to cut down to 14-16 position players and he may not make that cut, depends where he signs. If someone offered me a third right now I'd take it.

So for me unless Hilton has a homerun landing spot this seems a little light for value of Julio. If Hilton lands ok and it's a large roster league or one that allows for time for rookies to develop without needing to make a decision on keeping them the Hilton side  might do ok or even win but at the end of the day it's going to take hitting to some degree on those picks and those are for sure not gimme picks.

Just went down.

Team A gives James Robinson, Avery Williamson, Rashaan Evans, JaMycal Hasty

Team B gives Dallas Goedert, 2021 2.04, 2022 1st (mid likely)

Non-PPR IDP

Derrick Henry and Odell Beckham

for

Jonathan Taylor, TJ Watt and 2022 #1 and #2 (the trading owner had the #1 3 years running now)

menobrown said:
I'd have kept looking for a better deal to unload Mostert.
I’m sure he did that and this was the best haul available in his particular league. Calculator values aren’t accurate when it comes to a player’s perceived value in a small sample size of 11 other owners... 

He had over 2 more months
While picks become more dear to their owners. I get what you're saying. Mostert's value should be higher than that. It should be around a second or third, but sometimes people just aren't biting, especially with him for some reason. I went through something similar, and got lucky to get a mid-second from a contender right before Week 13.

While picks become more dear to their owners. I get what you're saying. Mostert's value should be higher than that. It should be around a second or third, but sometimes people just aren't biting, especially with him for some reason. I went through something similar, and got lucky to get a mid-second from a contender right before Week 13.
I think people see that any RB they put back there is able to be successful and that hurts Mostert’s perceived value. If Jeff Wilson can come in and score 3 TDs, why not just grab the lower “rated” RBs from the team and wait your turn.

I think people see that any RB they put back there is able to be successful and that hurts Mostert’s perceived value. If Jeff Wilson can come in and score 3 TDs, why not just grab the lower “rated” RBs from the team and wait your turn.
Very true. I was tempted to send the Wilson owner an offer the other day. Unless they draft somebody at RB, he's set for some work in that offense.

Spike said:
Non-PPR IDP

Derrick Henry and Odell Beckham

for

Jonathan Taylor, TJ Watt and 2022 #1 and #2 (the trading owner had the #1 3 years running now)
The trade was rescinded.  (I thought it was accepted.)

What DID get accepted (and has gone through) is as follows:

Beckham, Aldon Smith and Leighton Vander Eshch

for

His 2022 #1.

My team is aging and his is just bad.  At QB he has Tua and Wentz, at RB he only has Taylor, at WR he has Robby Anderson, Beckham, Alshon Jeffrey and Denzel Mims.  He has 9 TEs, the best of whom is Allie Mo-Cox, Aldon Smith is now his best DL and his only other good defensive player is TJ Watt.

The trade was rescinded.  (I thought it was accepted.)

What DID get accepted (and has gone through) is as follows:

Beckham, Aldon Smith and Leighton Vander Eshch

for

His 2022 #1.

My team is aging and his is just bad.  At QB he has Tua and Wentz, at RB he only has Taylor, at WR he has Robby Anderson, Beckham, Alshon Jeffrey and Denzel Mims.  He has 9 TEs, the best of whom is Allie Mo-Cox, Aldon Smith is now his best DL and his only other good defensive player is TJ Watt.
You should be ashamed of yourself

Signed,

10 other jealous owners

Users who are viewing this thread