Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

4 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Henry is obviously great but Beckham has been skating by on reputation for about three years now.

I don't think that is working for Beckham anymore though. I have received a couple offers with him, though. People are definitely trying to offload.

4 hours ago, menobrown said:

I'd have kept looking for a better deal to unload Mostert.

I’m sure he did that and this was the best haul available in his particular league. Calculator values aren’t accurate when it comes to a player’s perceived value in a small sample size of 11 other owners... 

4 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

I’m sure he did that and this was the best haul available in his particular league. Calculator values aren’t accurate when it comes to a player’s perceived value in a small sample size of 11 other owners... 

He had over 2 more months

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

He had over 2 more months

While picks become more dear to their owners. I get what you're saying. Mostert's value should be higher than that. It should be around a second or third, but sometimes people just aren't biting, especially with him for some reason. I went through something similar, and got lucky to get a mid-second from a contender right before Week 13.

8 hours ago, rockaction said:

While picks become more dear to their owners. I get what you're saying. Mostert's value should be higher than that. It should be around a second or third, but sometimes people just aren't biting, especially with him for some reason. I went through something similar, and got lucky to get a mid-second from a contender right before Week 13.

I think people see that any RB they put back there is able to be successful and that hurts Mostert’s perceived value. If Jeff Wilson can come in and score 3 TDs, why not just grab the lower “rated” RBs from the team and wait your turn.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I think people see that any RB they put back there is able to be successful and that hurts Mostert’s perceived value. If Jeff Wilson can come in and score 3 TDs, why not just grab the lower “rated” RBs from the team and wait your turn.

Very true. I was tempted to send the Wilson owner an offer the other day. Unless they draft somebody at RB, he's set for some work in that offense.

22 hours ago, Spike said:

Non-PPR IDP

Derrick Henry and Odell Beckham

for

Jonathan Taylor, TJ Watt and 2022 #1 and #2 (the trading owner had the #1 3 years running now)

The trade was rescinded.  (I thought it was accepted.)

What DID get accepted (and has gone through) is as follows:

Beckham, Aldon Smith and Leighton Vander Eshch

for

His 2022 #1.

My team is aging and his is just bad.  At QB he has Tua and Wentz, at RB he only has Taylor, at WR he has Robby Anderson, Beckham, Alshon Jeffrey and Denzel Mims.  He has 9 TEs, the best of whom is Allie Mo-Cox, Aldon Smith is now his best DL and his only other good defensive player is TJ Watt.

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

for

His 2022 #1.

My team is aging and his is just bad.  At QB he has Tua and Wentz, at RB he only has Taylor, at WR he has Robby Anderson, Beckham, Alshon Jeffrey and Denzel Mims.  He has 9 TEs, the best of whom is Allie Mo-Cox, Aldon Smith is now his best DL and his only other good defensive player is TJ Watt.

You should be ashamed of yourself

Signed,

10 other jealous owners

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spike said:

for

His 2022 #1.

Steal!

20 hours ago, Landro21 said:

10 Team PPR 1QB

A: Lamar, CEH, Golladay, Logan Thomas 

B: Godwin, Wentz, 1.04, 2.01, 2.02 

I don't play in 10 team leagues, but team A looks like he got 3 starters + Thomas; I will take that side

14 hours ago, rockaction said:

Not trying to make a big deal about Mostert, who I was likely more down then anyone else on these boards last offseason. I just think if the owner had a little more patience he could have got at least a little better and sometimes that makes a difference.

But I wanted to reply because most of the comments to my post seem to indicate all options were exhausted and that's highly unlikely to be the case for a variety of reasons such as:

1. In FFPC if you've not paid for 2021 you can't trade.

2. Majority of FFPC leagues have teams for sale and that does not include owners who have not decided on next season so more teams could be sold. So combined with point 1 above it's highly unlikely you actually have 11 other trade partners in a league right now.

18 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

FFPC Superflex

Gave: JuJu

Got: Julio, 2022 1st

I don’t like it but then again I’m still really high on JuJu. Super flex makes it close with that 1st possibility of a QB but if you’re trading Juju why are you looking at Julio? 

Lots of people coming to me for my various JuJu shares.  Just moved him in another league.

Gave: JuJu, CEH, 2.03

Got: Barkley

Maybe not the perfect fit for this team since it's in a bit of a rebuild but I am a sucker for Saquon and I think the value was right.  I'm not sure I've ever been as invested in a player as I am with Saquon at this point.  I believe I now have him in 9 of my 11 dynasty leagues.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Maybe not the perfect fit for this team since it's in a bit of a rebuild but I am a sucker for Saquon and I think the value was right.  I'm not sure I've ever been as invested in a player as I am with Saquon at this point.  I believe I now have him in 9 of my 11 dynasty leagues.

😵  I can't do more than 5 redraft leagues at a time 

FFPC orphan I just took over. Superflex.

I gave Darnold
I got 2022 2nd, 5.11

Even in SF I don't really want to carry 3 QBs into the cutdown to 16, if I can help it. I think Darnold is possibly in the process of washing out. Clearing this roster spot gives me a lot more flexibility moving towards this cut as well since there are a couple of players that I think I can buy low right now, but if I do I need to make room. I don't like assuming I'm going to be able to make good trades before the cut deadline to get to 16. As such I tend to be sort of aggressive about it and like to strike when the iron is hot, which it often isn't. And people try to lowball you because we all know cuts are looming. In another orphan I am looking at a loaded defending champion that has a ton of picks and stud players, but he is likely going to have to sell cheap because I'm looking at his roster (with my experienced eye) and I can't get lower than 19. I have a few rosters like that as well and I really need to probably overpay for some kind of consolidation move. It is a 1st world problem but it's also a difficult needle to thread with the cutdown deadline.

On 1/24/2021 at 12:00 PM, menobrown said:

Not trying to make a big deal about Mostert, who I was likely more down then anyone else on these boards last offseason. I just think if the owner had a little more patience he could have got at least a little better and sometimes that makes a difference.

But I wanted to reply because most of the comments to my post seem to indicate all options were exhausted and that's highly unlikely to be the case for a variety of reasons such as:

1. In FFPC if you've not paid for 2021 you can't trade.

2. Majority of FFPC leagues have teams for sale and that does not include owners who have not decided on next season so more teams could be sold. So combined with point 1 above it's highly unlikely you actually have 11 other trade partners in a league right now.

I agree with meno here. I would personally have gladly paid (a little) more for Mostert if it is for one of my thinner RB roster teams. There was still some time to have got it done for better value. Despite my arguing about striking when the iron is hot and all, I would still wait until everyone is bought in and new orphan owners are available, when it comes to the specific example of Mostert here. If anybody offers a 3rd I autosell regardless of the calendar date. Less than that I'm holding. In my Darnold example, I really don't think I was going to find a better deal than this. And I love stacking future 2nds. Especially in SF. 

On 1/24/2021 at 12:00 PM, menobrown said:

Yeah so this orphan buying process for FFPC presents both an opportunity if you wait, as you are arguing here, as well as being a hindrance to making trades. Because as you say, less than 11 partners are available for much of this offseason. So although there are fewer options today, there will be less time available once everyone is bought in. That is a delicate market to read.

Might also hinge on time management tolerance for people. Someone above mentioned not wanting to handle more than 5 redrafts. The more of these that you manage, the more (potential) trades that need to happen to get to 16. I'll admit I'm probably a little looser because of these and other dynamics.

I have mentioned this before but I really do think I have profited from some loose offers from other owners that resulted from their perception of me as a loose trader. This happens in poker where a (skilled) loose player can really clean up because people are trying too hard to pick them off. I think I wake up to more crazy offers (in my favor) than some other owners because I am willing to do some things that make others scratch their heads. Somebody starts slamming me with weird offers because I made some deal, and then I decline and they're like "you did that other deal but you won't do this? idiot!", and then a couple days go by and I wake up to something else that I love and pounce on. 

Anyway, I have some work to do to get to 16 in some spots. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Lots of people coming to me for my various JuJu shares.  Just moved him in another league.

Gave: JuJu, CEH, 2.03

Got: Barkley

Love buying JuJu this offseason, I still go Barkley here. I know some prefer to build around WR's which I get, but JuJu is young and elite and hopefully he goes to a new team to be used in that elite way. Barkley has what 2 more years of elite value? The window closes quickly on RB's, if you don't mind churning through them, then I think Barkley easily wins here. CEH is almost to the point of roster clogger IMO. 

FFPC

Gave D. Henry & Golladay

Got D. Swift & 2022 1st & 3rd (likely late, he won lg this yr)

Hate giving away Golladay but I have AJ Brown and really wanted to move on from Henry now and not be playing Henry and Brown every week which was far from ideal. Still solid at rb w Chubb, Akers, Swift, J. Robinson, Dillon but need to add at wr (Brown, Cooper, Dj Moore, Reagor, Kirk). Short rosters a factor but as I write this I can't help but feel I am trying to convince myself this was the right move even though i know I lost on value.   

Edited by NE_REVIVAL

23 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

FFPC

Gave D. Henry & Golladay

Got D. Swift & 2022 1st (likely late, he won lg this yr)

Hate giving away Golladay but I have AJ Brown and really wanted to move on from Henry now and not be playing Henry and Brown every week which was far from ideal. Still solid at rb w Chubb, Akers, Swift, J. Robinson, Dillon but need to add at wr (Brown, Cooper, Dj Moore, Reagor, Kirk). Short rosters a factor but as I write this I can't help but feel I am trying to convince myself this was the right move even though i know I lost on value.   

I think the trade is even in itself but I prefer what you got.

Discussion already broke out in some thread a few weeks ago that evolved into some kind of Swift vs Henry. I preferred Swift and despite being about to lose his QB I'm even higher on him then I was a few weeks ago because I like the staff/system for him.

As it pertains to your team, which has a sweet group of RB's, I do like that you added a big time pass catching RB to your stable. Points are points of course but if Chubb, Henry, and Dillon are starting to crack your lineup consistently that sure seems heavy on that many  low volume pass catching RB's.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Continuing on a theme here. FFPC Superflex, same one I shipped Darnold in above:

I gave 2022 1st & 3rd, 4.09
I got Juju, 5.05

This orphan was in the final 4 last year and is quasi-stacked. I do like this as a buy low for Juju. Arguably at cost.

I'll take your side. Juju's good, other team has to wait a while before hoping to hit on something. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, menobrown said:

[If] Dillon [is] starting to crack your lineup consistently that sure seems heavy on that many  low volume pass catching RB's.

We're talking about AJ and not Corey, right? I sure hope so.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC

I gave 2022 2nd (not mine but it looks pretty late)
I got Irv Smith

This is the roughest and cheapest of my orphans. Needed a good young TE pretty bad. Probably an overpay.

If roster space is not an issue I think he's worth a 2021 mid second so I don't see an overpay.  Closed the year fairly strong, Rudolph is frustrated with his lack of use and saying he won't take a paycut which is just paving the way for him to breakout and he won't even turn 23 until camp. 

It's smart business in FFPC and maybe even any fantasy league scenario with how to acquire TE's. Let someone else draft them and take up a roster spot a year or two seasoning them for you while you pay similar or sometimes less then original cost.

11 hours ago, menobrown said:

If roster space is not an issue I think he's worth a 2021 mid second so I don't see an overpay.  Closed the year fairly strong, Rudolph is frustrated with his lack of use and saying he won't take a paycut which is just paving the way for him to breakout and he won't even turn 23 until camp. 

It's smart business in FFPC and maybe even any fantasy league scenario with how to acquire TE's. Let someone else draft them and take up a roster spot a year or two seasoning them for you while you pay similar or sometimes less then original cost.

My TE2 is now *checks notes* Jimmy Graham or Asiasi, so yeah roster space wasn't an issue on this one. I like Smith's outlook quite a bit.

On 1/26/2021 at 6:44 PM, barackdhouse said:

Continuing on a theme here. FFPC Superflex, same one I shipped Darnold in above:

I gave 2022 1st & 3rd, 4.09
I got Juju, 5.05

This orphan was in the final 4 last year and is quasi-stacked. I do like this as a buy low for Juju. Arguably at cost.

I have been trying to get a deal similar to this done, but shifting Juju out.

Juju and the 2.14
for 
2022 mid-early 1st and 2.07

Hasn't quite gone over the line yet though.

13 minutes ago, Edgar said:

I prefer what you gave and by a lot. 

Looks like a futures bet on Vaughn, frankly. Although let's not shake a stick at Montgomery. Didn't he finish like RB6? And has Mixon really put together a year the past two? I dunno. I'm not sure where this is at, but I might have just talked myself into barack's side.

12 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Looks like a futures bet on Vaughn, frankly. Although let's not shake a stick at Montgomery. Didn't he finish like RB6? And has Mixon really put together a year the past two? I dunno. I'm not sure where this is at, but I might have just talked myself into barack's side.

I agree Vaughn is the X-factor. Mixon vs Monty I'll take Mixon on the long term deal with the settled QB position. The Bengals also pick high and should find OL/WR help and improve their offensive scoring. This feels like the time to sell Monty high, as the Bears offense appears to be getting worse (they'll lose ARob & they aren't picking high enough to get a QB). I loved having Monty on my fantasy teams this year but I just don't see many scoring opportunities for the Bears Offense.

4 hours ago, Edgar said:

I agree Vaughn is the X-factor. Mixon vs Monty I'll take Mixon on the long term deal with the settled QB position. The Bengals also pick high and should find OL/WR help and improve their offensive scoring. This feels like the time to sell Monty high, as the Bears offense appears to be getting worse (they'll lose ARob & they aren't picking high enough to get a QB). I loved having Monty on my fantasy teams this year but I just don't see many scoring opportunities for the Bears Offense.

The key for Montgomery is how much work with Cohen take when healthy.  Many are touting Montgomery's big year on the fact Cohen was out.  Here was the early split:

• Week 1 - Montgomery 13/64/0 and 1/10/0; Cohen 7/41/0 and 2/6/0
  • Week 2 - Montgomery 16/82/0 and 3/45/1; Cohen 0/0/0 and 1/15/0
  • Week 3 - Montgomery 14/45/0 and 2/9/0; Cohen 2/21/0 and 3/20/0 - Cohen Hurt
  • Total - Montgomery 43/191/0 and 6/64/1; Cohen 9/62/0 and 6/41/0

The passing work was split 50/50 and Montgomery dominated rushes.  While Cohen's injury may have impacted Montgomery's success, we also have to remember that Patterson stepped into Cohen's role.

All this said, I still have Mixon firmly ahead of Montgomery as he should be part of a much more efficient offense.

9 hours ago, Edgar said:

I prefer what you gave and by a lot. 

9 hours ago, rockaction said:

I considered Vaughn a throw in and freeroll as I would have done Mixon and Shenault for Monty and the 2.05 straight up. I do like Vaughn's future a little bit, but no I am betting on Monty here. And in SF I am telling you 2.05 is worth a lot more than you think. 

But it's cool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, barackdhouse said:

I considered Vaughn a throw in and freeroll as I would have done Mixon and Shenault for Monty and the 2.05 straight up. I do like Vaughn's future a little bit, but no I am betting on Monty here. And in SF I am telling you 2.05 is worth a lot more than you think. 

But it's cool.

I also need those kinds of throw ins for this orphan. The x factor for me is Mixon and his health. I don't know how much of a concern it should be but otherwise I see him and Monty as a wash. ~2.05 in SF FFPC these last couple years has netted me Gibson, Pittman, Aiyuk, Higgins, AJ Brown (don't ask me how - it was 2.03), Singletary, and even though I didn't take him Shenault went a little later than that in most places. Claypool in the 3rd. Granted 2020 was stupid deep, but still. 

2.05 also has the flexibility that we were talking about before in order to help bump up other current draft picks. Now I have 1.09, 2.05, 2.09, am still very strong at WR, and will have more (flexible) ammunition to perhaps upgrade the 1.09 to a difference maker, if it isn't already. Is there a Gibson, Pittman, Aiyuk, Higgins, AJ Brown type in that range? 

I agree and have held the position all throughout Monty's career, though, that the Bears offense sucks and that is why he isn't worth targeting. I think I was proven wrong this year because I think his talent (dodges shoes flying at my head) and volume ended up changing that metric. But I agree the Bears outlook isn't great. But he was RB6 when they were playing at a floor offense level. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up Hill, Taysom NOS QB; Johnson, Ty NYJ RB; 2.04 and 2.06

Team B gave up Hunt, Kareem CLE RB; 3.06

I think it is pretty even on value but I'd rather have those 2nds this year. If I had other solid starting RBs. If not I might hang onto Hunt. Those picks can be leveraged to add onto other picks, though, to turn it into like 1.03, 1.04 from a 1.09 or something. So even if I didn't have much else at RB I might still take that side. I'd probably try to get other pieces besides Hill and Johnson though.

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****