What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

12 team PPR dynasty (1qb league)

Gave: 1.10 pick and Lindsay

Got: Jeudy and Vaughn (I own Ron Jones, hoping Fournette leaves TB) 

12 team PPR dynasty (1qb league)

Gave: 1.10 pick and Lindsay

Got: Jeudy and Vaughn (I own Ron Jones, hoping Fournette leaves TB) 
I would be reluctant to do this deal even though it's not a bad deal...I would rather use the 1.10 elsewhere than on this one...in 1 QB leagues the 1.10 is right outside of the stud range if your draft falls the way many are currently projecting (and that could change as we are still only in February) so I don't think it's a bad strategy to look to move it if you can get some young pieces back...I'm just not sold that these two are the right pieces...that being said if Watson gets dealt to Denver you will be very happy you made this deal.

12 Team PPR SF Dynasty 

I took over an orphan this week that had only 5.5 and 5.11 as draft picks this year.  The team was solid but not a sure fire winner as they will lose Brees to retirement and now have Stafford/Teddy B and Jimmy G as qb options moving forward and after their top 2 RB's everyone else is a little bit of question mark.  Anyway just setting up that I wanted to try to acquire some draft picks for this year without tearing down the entire structure of the team.

Gave up McLaurin and K Golladay

Got 1.03 1.12 2.7 and 3.12

I still have Ekeler, J-Rob, D Adams, K Allen, K Drake, Gaskin, Mostert and may look to move some of those, but regardless of what I do with the roster I like getting some pieces to use in this years draft.  Not sure I don't try to trade down from 1.03 to get more picks if possible, but for now I at least have 3 picks that are in the top 20 to help add some youth to the roster.

I would be reluctant to do this deal even though it's not a bad deal...I would rather use the 1.10 elsewhere than on this one...in 1 QB leagues the 1.10 is right outside of the stud range if your draft falls the way many are currently projecting (and that could change as we are still only in February) so I don't think it's a bad strategy to look to move it if you can get some young pieces back...I'm just not sold that these two are the right pieces...that being said if Watson gets dealt to Denver you will be very happy you made this deal.
I think ANY QB (but especially Watson) will be great for Jeudy and the entire offense. And I am counting on someone new being under center. *fingers crossed* 

12 Team PPR SF Dynasty 

I took over an orphan this week that had only 5.5 and 5.11 as draft picks this year.  The team was solid but not a sure fire winner as they will lose Brees to retirement and now have Stafford/Teddy B and Jimmy G as qb options moving forward and after their top 2 RB's everyone else is a little bit of question mark.  Anyway just setting up that I wanted to try to acquire some draft picks for this year without tearing down the entire structure of the team.

I still have Ekeler, J-Rob, D Adams, K Allen, K Drake, Gaskin, Mostert and may look to move some of those, but regardless of what I do with the roster I like getting some pieces to use in this years draft.  Not sure I don't try to trade down from 1.03 to get more picks if possible, but for now I at least have 3 picks that are in the top 20 to help add some youth to the roster.
Some might say it's a little light but I think that's about the best you could do with your goal in mind. 

Everyone loves McLaurin until you try to get them to pay to acquire him. Golladay is a major question mark.

FFPC SF not involved:

Team A gave Cooper, Goedert, 2022 1st
Team B gave Cook, Gallup, 3.07, 2022 6th

Team getting Cook just bought Adams above in this thread and is a new owner in this league. Very active and I would call this a probable late 1st he gave away.

Different FFPC SF not involved (big boy trade here):

Team A gave Herbert, Lamb, Fant
Team B gave Taylor, McLaurin, Jarwin, 2.12

FFPC regular:

I gave Lamar Jackson
I got 2.04, 2022 2nd

This is single QB and I have Rodgers and Mayfield still, felt the need to liquidate and chunk into draft capital. One of my orphans here 

12 Team PPR SF Dynasty 

It's a fair deal for both teams and with the spot you were in for draft picks it makes even more sense...in a 12 team SF I would be real careful about dealing that 1.3 because you have QB exposure...Bridgewater is not someone you can count on and Jimmy G has yet to prove he can stay healthy...at 1.3 you are guaranteed to get a high quality QB prospect...I would make the safe QB pick there as it will hopefully settle down that position and allow you a ton of flexibility going forward...it can be painful passing on stud RBs and WRs but if you are in trouble at QB in SF it is a real tough hole to dig out of.

barackdhouse said:
Not involved SF:

Team A gave Adams, 4.10, 2022 7th (yep)

Team B gave Mixon, Landry, 2022 2nd

I would take the Adams side but I don't think it is terrible.

FFPC SF not involved:

Team A gave Cooper, Goedert, 2022 1st
Team B gave Cook, Gallup, 3.07, 2022 6th

Team getting Cook just bought Adams above in this thread and is a new owner in this league. Very active and I would call this a probable late 1st he gave away.
I just put two and two together on this and saw that it is the same trade partner in both. So this comes out to a total of :

Cook, Adams, Gallup, 3.07, 4.10, 2022 6th and 7th
for
Mixon, Cooper, Goedert, Landry, 2022 1st and 2nd

IDK I think the team giving away Cook and Adams did pretty alright, but I don't think they got themselves closer to a coke. Looking at their roster I think it had a better chance as it was. Getting the 1st and 2nd is nice but they have Andrews already so Goedert isn't a need per se. And he has OBJ so not sure I'd be going for Landry. I don't hate it but the other guy improved more IMO. 

ETA I didn't know it when I made the OPs but even though my summary here is correct, A and B are switched.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a fair deal for both teams and with the spot you were in for draft picks it makes even more sense...in a 12 team SF I would be real careful about dealing that 1.3 because you have QB exposure...Bridgewater is not someone you can count on and Jimmy G has yet to prove he can stay healthy...at 1.3 you are guaranteed to get a high quality QB prospect...I would make the safe QB pick there as it will hopefully settle down that position and allow you a ton of flexibility going forward...it can be painful passing on stud RBs and WRs but if you are in trouble at QB in SF it is a real tough hole to dig out of.
I agree and don't think i want to trade down now, but I want to see how the draft plays out but I looked and 1.01 is going qb, 1.02 I am not sure, 1.04 has mahomes and Dak and 1.05 has Lamar and Baker and 2.01 and 2.02 so I know it gets into playing a dangerous game but if Lawrences goes 1 and if Fields/Wilson don't get at 2 and 5 is interesting in moving up and giving me one of those 2nd's then one of Wilson or Fields should make it to 5.  I agree with you though I probably need to take a shot on QB if a team uses the draft capital we expect them to.

12 Team PPR SF Dynasty 

Seems pretty light for two proven players, imo. But it sounds like you didn’t walk into the best situation so I understand why you would do it. I would just want more if I’m moving players of that caliber. 

Not following this logic. Why?
Not a Deebo believer is one small reason. Am defending champ and my one weakness is at RB3. In FFPC each player is largely either a difference maker or a roster clogger. Deebo was my WR5 and in SuperFlex this principle is only exacerbated. Now I should be able to get one of the top 1 or 2 RBs on the board and my roster will be where I want it to be. As a bonus I still have plenty of other draft capital to fill up with more upside and depth. I acknowledge this as being a small to moderate overpay. As for Deebo I don't see him as more than about the 5th most valuable piece in this deal but I did clear a spot on an already deep team by moving him. 

To anyone else paying attention I see this as a win win trade. Dude totally chunked out the 1.03 for some serious capital. And I'm going to (probably and hopefully) get another blue chip to dominate with. 

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up 

• Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB; 
  • Williams, Damien KCC RB; 
  • Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.06
Team B gave up 

• Bowden, Lynn MIA RB; 
  • Cooper, Amari DAL WR;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.03;
  • Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.11

Team A gave up 

• Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR;
Team B gave up 

• Bowden, Lynn MIA RB; 
  • Cooper, Amari DAL WR;
Interesting trade because you have players involved that are probably valued very differently from owner to owner in CEH, Jeudy and Cooper...due to that I think it's easy to make a case for either side...for me I like the Cooper side because of the 1.3 and getting the extra #1 (and because I am so so on Jeudy and CEH)...for me that that 1.3 guarantees you get either Chase or a high-end RB which should be the prime asset of this deal...Cooper is probably the "safest" player in this deal because you know you are getting a productive WR at a decent age that you will probably be starting in a 3WR/Flex league...that being said if you are high on Jeudy and CEH this is a very nice deal as you add three very young pieces (the 1.6 being the third) with blow up potential...this is a quality trade for both sides.

Team A gave up 

• Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR;
Team B gave up 

• Bowden, Lynn MIA RB; 
  • Cooper, Amari DAL WR;
The way I break this down

Amari = Jeudy

1.03 and Bowden = 1.06 and CEH

1.11 > Damien Williams

The rub is that getting both CEH and Damien Williams is probably worth it. 

I prefer the Amari side, you know what production you're getting with him, and you get the young upside in the picks and Bowden. Preston Williams is a free agent after this year, and with his injury history Bowden could step up as the #2. He has as much upside as Jeudy does. I don't know the production I'm getting from CEH, Damien, Jeudy. All guys I'm not particularly fond of long term though. 

Team A gave up 

• Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR;
Team B gave up 

• Bowden, Lynn MIA RB; 
  • Cooper, Amari DAL WR;
I thought this was pretty even and for me it mainly boils down to 3/11 for the Chiefs RB's/1.6 and unless I had to clear roster room  I'd take the Chiefs RB's and 6 over 3/11.

That seriously overestimates both the situation in Miami and Bowden's potential. He's a gadget player and nothing more than a slot guy.
Yep, Bowden is worthless. Main thing that gave him any value really was as a RB if you got thin at that spot and it's possible his designation changes next season, depending on how each league handles it. I viewed that trade with him as if he was not even involved.

2qb, 2te, ppr

roster: https://sleeper.app/roster/650679102239490048/8

picks before trade: 1.04, 2.03, 2.04, 2.05

Gave: cousins, hopkins, 

got: 1.01, 2.06, 23 2nd, big ben

team was very weak at QB before trade, it's worse now w/o cousins but baking on T Law being good. will consider a QB at 1.4. I dont think i was a real contender this year. My depth at WR made me feel ok with giving hopkins too. probably a slight overpay

How bad did I get fleeced here?

FFPC 1QB

I gave: Joe Mixon

I got: Ronald Jones, Damien Harris, Raheem Mostert
I don't play FFPC but aren't roster spots very valuable?  It seems like you gave up potentially the best player and lose two roster spots.  

How bad did I get fleeced here?

FFPC 1QB

I gave: Joe Mixon

I got: Ronald Jones, Damien Harris, Raheem Mostert
I might be the biggest Joe Mixon hater on this board but I think you got crushed here, sorry.

I think it's bad in a vacuum, much less with the roster spots involved.

Team A gave up 

• Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR;
Team B gave up 

• Bowden, Lynn MIA RB; 
  • Cooper, Amari DAL WR;
Tough one to sort out, I guess I would go roughly...

Jeudy = 1.11

CEH/1.06 >= Cooper/1.03

So I guess I prefer the CEH side slightly, but I can see how it would make sense for both teams.

Tough one to sort out, I guess I would go roughly...

Jeudy = 1.11

CEH/1.06 >= Cooper/1.03
Zyphros said:
Amari = Jeudy

1.03 and Bowden = 1.06 and CEH

1.11 > Damien Williams
I usually enjoy when I see people break down trades this way because I do the same thing and it's wild how we end up looking at differently.

Here is how I viewed it:

Bowden-zero value

Amari=Juedy

CEH/Williams/1.6> 1.3, 1.11   and if I took Williams out I'd still say CEH/1.6>1.3, 1.11.

I'm a bit surprised to see that I'm the only one of us that doesn't value Jeudy = Amari.  Looking at ADP I guess they are closer than I thought (Cooper about 10 picks ahead).  Cooper is only 26 and coming off a 92-1114-5 season with mostly junk at QB for 3/4's of the year.  Maybe I should be sending out feelers for him.  I have Jeudy in a league and am going to try a straight up swap.

That seriously overestimates both the situation in Miami and Bowden's potential. He's a gadget player and nothing more than a slot guy.
Hard disagree. The dude is electric as can be. A poor man's Deebo, if he can focus all his efforts at WR he could become that. Even better if he's still listed at RB for 2021. That's not gadget that's explosive and tackle breaking ability. I want him as throw in's for all my deals. 

I'm a bit surprised to see that I'm the only one of us that doesn't value Jeudy = Amari.  Looking at ADP I guess they are closer than I thought (Cooper about 10 picks ahead).  Cooper is only 26 and coming off a 92-1114-5 season with mostly junk at QB for 3/4's of the year.  Maybe I should be sending out feelers for him.  I have Jeudy in a league and am going to try a straight up swap.
I posted, I think in this thread, several weeks ago that I felt Amari hate in the fantasy community mystified me.

Of course judging by fact I was only person I noticed who thought a recent trade someone posted here were they gave 1.10 for Juedy was a good trade it does not seem he's well liked either.

I feel like I'm higher on both of them then the consensus but I still ranked them equal due to the 5 year age gap. I know I'd pay 1.10 for either of them, at least I would when I can increase my roster size.

Team A gave up 

• Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR;
Team B gave up 

• Bowden, Lynn MIA RB; 
  • Cooper, Amari DAL WR;
I think it's close enough that it is simply a matter of roster needs and preferences. I would consider this a likely win win trade.

But I've got it like:

CEH + 1.06 > Cooper + 1.03 (but not by much)
Jeudy < 1.11 (but it is close again)
Williams and Bowden are white noise and irrelevant

So almost a perfect wash. I tend to go with RB scarcity as a tiebreaker. The CEH side has a better chance of coming out of the draft with two solid RBs and one solid WR than the other side, but that's just a gut call based on my February board. The other side can accomplish the same thing, I'm just saying I tend to favor hunting for more RBs over hunting for more WRs. I'm also bullish on CEH still and don't feel I am losing anything with the 1.06 vs the 1.03 in terms of picking a top back. I think.

If this is FFPC type league I think that's just wasting a roster spot even if you are unusually high on Bowden. You can just boomerang him, no one is going to intercept you.
I grabbed Bowden in maybe 3 or 4 deals a few weeks ago in FFPC when he was still labeled a RB, and even then I only did it on teams that I took over and need help. Where I have room. But now that he is a WR oh well. I'll likely end up stashing him anyway.

But this idea of a boomerang in FFPC is interesting and I have used this concept as well, although never called it that. Thing is we get hung up on this idea that we don't want to lose value by cutting someone we place some kind of upside to. But if they just aren't that highly sought after and it is likely they will come back to you during the draft, then there is an added bonus that there will likely be a garden of similar players at similar positions and similar values that you can choose from. So maybe you end up deciding there is a better Bowden type play and do that instead. Ironically it might actually make your options more flexible to drop someone like that rather than holding them. 

I grabbed Bowden in maybe 3 or 4 deals a few weeks ago in FFPC when he was still labeled a RB, and even then I only did it on teams that I took over and need help. Where I have room. But now that he is a WR oh well. I'll likely end up stashing him anyway.

But this idea of a boomerang in FFPC is interesting and I have used this concept as well, although never called it that. Thing is we get hung up on this idea that we don't want to lose value by cutting someone we place some kind of upside to. But if they just aren't that highly sought after and it is likely they will come back to you during the draft, then there is an added bonus that there will likely be a garden of similar players at similar positions and similar values that you can choose from. So maybe you end up deciding there is a better Bowden type play and do that instead. Ironically it might actually make your options more flexible to drop someone like that rather than holding them. 
I own Bowden on several FFPC leagues mainly because I picked him up at end of the year when I had some RB injuries and Dolphins started to lose players so I thought he had a shot. I was also feeling him in that Raider revenge game when Dolphins had no healthy WR's, was a huge let down. I have never considered him as a keeper and I  did not know until you just dropped the info on me he has been officially switched to WR in FFPC, which is something I feared. But that's consistent with FFPC rules that whatever the team lists you on the official team website to begin the season  that's what you are and he is now listed as WR.

I have often cut players in FFPC  that I kind of like but understand not a lot of other people do on idea I can redraft them cheaply. Bowden was a 3-4th rounder as a RB last year. He really did nothing to up his stock, he's now a WR and when rookie fever sets in I'm thinking he'll be in the 5th to 7th round range. Now if someone in your league keeps making offers to you with Bowden included in the offer, then you might have to reconsider if he's someone you really value. This has happened to me before were I thought no one in my league liked this player and when I started getting offers with them included it alerted to me idea I might not be able to redraft them as cheaply as I assumed. I recall this happening last year when I intended to cut Bryce Love on a Guice team but someone kept coming after Love with mid to late round picks so I adjusted and held onto Love. Which was a mistake of course, just providing an example.  I have shopped fringe players around in leagues just to get feedback, pick up comments and/or counters to get an idea how my league might value a player.

I own Bowden on several FFPC leagues mainly because I picked him up at end of the year when I had some RB injuries and Dolphins started to lose players so I thought he had a shot.

I have often cut players in FFPC  that I kind of like but understand not a lot of other people do on idea I can redraft them cheaply. Bowden was a 3-4th rounder as a RB last year. He really did nothing to up his stock, he's now a WR and when rookie fever sets in I'm thinking he'll be in the 5th to 7th round range. 
Yeah I was just banking he would be a RB that possibly carved a little value on an orphan, but I got him for like a 5th in a couple spots and as a throw in when I was buying something bigger. I like to make as many cheap/free speculation plays as I can, even before offseason cuts, just in case things shake out the right way before then. If I lose it is greatly outweighed by the potential upside. More misses than hits but in terms of cost it is negligible. He'll only still be stashed on a couple of these teams of mine if I don't find someone else to buy to fill that spot before cutdown.

Enough about him, though!

Users who are viewing this thread