What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

Yeah I'm a little hung up on that, too. Not sure I'd want to give that piece up. If I was a Ruggs fan this wouldn't be close, though. This price is assuming Mariota has a starting job already. I agree that will likely happen but it is still paying up for that.
I do see Mariota starting this year...the question is does he turn into the next Tannehill or the next Fitzpatrick...if it is Tannehill this is a steal in SF but there are obvious risks...beginning with draft day for the team Mariota gets dealt to (I am assuming he gets dealt, if not this deal goes south real fast)...last thing that owner wants to see is that team also using a #1 on a QB as well.

I’m opposed to that. There are a lot of great posters in this thread that play FFPC and I fear we would lose some of their thoughts. I don’t play FFPC and I am totally fine with the discussions. It’s interesting.
Agreed, though I'm not opposed if they want to start their own thread (their business). But I'm fine with the FFPC discussions in here, even the seemingly arcane ones. I may play someday so it's no trouble at all for me, either. Some of our best posters and writers are FFPC guys, so I'd hate to lose their input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m opposed to that. There are a lot of great posters in this thread that play FFPC and I fear we would lose some of their thoughts. I don’t play FFPC and I am totally fine with the discussions. It’s interesting.

Agreed, though I'm not opposed if they want to start their own thread (their business). But I'm fine with the FFPC discussions in here, even the seemingly arcane ones. I may play someday so it's no trouble at all for me, either. Some of our best posters and writers are FFPC guys, so I'd hate to lose their input.
I more than likely will start a new thread, unless someone beats me to it. But we'd still be posting all of our trades in here and we'd talk about them (in here) probably just as much as always. It won't be up to me but I wouldn't be suggesting to post trades elsewhere. Just some of the more meta-strategy FFPC stuff, like the auction/orphan thing, roster management, yada yada. But IMO all of our trades would still go here. Not like we wouldn't talk about them in both, but I think the idea is to clean this thread up. It probably isn't a big deal but the FFPC centric stuff is deep enough, I can think of maybe 5 or 6 subtopics right now that have nothing to do with completed trades, per se.

FFPC SF not involved*

1.09, 2.08
for
1.11, 2.02

*the 1.09 and 2.08 are the picks I got for Hurts, and then I used them in a big overpay package to get to 1.03. Dude then did this with them. It's nice to see they're staying together. lol 

I think I like the 1.11, 2.02 here. 

Agreed. Which is why he really has no leverage, though. He's got Tampa bidding against nobody else, really, and limiting your market like that usually means less salary unless you're willing to hang 'em up and go rassle.
I think his leverage is Brady.

I see what you mean...I agree but I don't think leverage matters because I don't think money matters to him right now...the word on Gronk is he has been crazy smart with his money and has pretty much every dime he has made and he will never be hurting for endorsement deals...if he is playing it is purely to play with Brady and try to win another title.
All this may be true but I'd point out no attempt was made to re-do his contract when they traded for his rights and Gronk did not come out of retirement cheaply, but at $10M was one of the highest paid TE's in the league.

I absolutely think he only wants to play with Brady and I'm about 100% sure he resigns with Tampa, just not sure he costs a little more then people assume.

Same FFPC SF as above, not involved:

R Wilson, 1.11, 2022 3rd, McNichols
for
Herbert, Shepard

This particular league has been popping off. 19 trades in February. 33 since Jan 1st. I made 9 of them.

Same FFPC SF as above, not involved:

R Wilson, 1.11, 2022 3rd, McNichols
for
Herbert, Shepard

This particular league has been popping off. 19 trades in February. 33 since Jan 1st. I made 9 of them.
I’ll take Wilson/1.11. Wilson is older and taken hits but I think he has a number of years left. 

I absolutely think he only wants to play with Brady and I'm about 100% sure he resigns with Tampa, just not sure he costs a little more then people assume.
Or a little less.  As funny as it seems to say, I don't think money is a huge factor.  Winning matters and Gronk can have a smaller role in Tampa, compared to his New England days.

I don't think age is much of a factor when you consider how many years Wilson likely has left. This guy needs more RBs and WRs not QBs. He now has Herbert instead of Wilson but still isn't competing and just gave away a premium pick.

Even if I'm wrong about the age difference meaning much, and even if Herbert outscores Wilson, he still isn't improving his lineup as much this way. He went from 1.03 to 1.09 to 1.11 to now his best pick is 2.02 and made basically a lateral move at QB (in terms of his boxscore). Gained a couple future 1sts and Deebo and Shepard, who are probably starting for him. 

I don't think you make a move like this for QBs until you are ready to win. And even then, I wouldn't be swapping Wilson for Herbert. I'd be swapping someone much lower. 

Last week I gave Gibson and a future 1st for Wilson in a different FFPC SF and only did it because my team can afford it. I would never have done that if I was rebuilding. Would have snapped it in the other direction most likely.

Or a little less.  As funny as it seems to say, I don't think money is a huge factor.  Winning matters and Gronk can have a smaller role in Tampa, compared to his New England days.
That's the point I was trying to make, which is counter to what you and others are saying. I don't see what changed from last year, why money would matter less to Gronk then it did last year and he got paid $10m. And I do understand that was his contract tolling from NE but it could have been reworked.

For fantasy purposes none of this is likely relevant or even real life purposes other then impact on Tampas' cap  since I only see Gronk playing in Tampa. Just as a point of conversation I  absolutely think what he's paid matters more to Gronk then people are giving it credit. He's just in a unusual situation were he likely won't test FA or use that as leverage to get some decent pay for his services but I don't think he'll need to since he'll have Brady making necessary push to make sure he's compensated. Won't be $10M, but he's not some league minimum guy or like they got Fournette and AB to play for them last year kind of guy either, not in my opinion.

Herbert > Wilson
1.11 in superflex will be a solid prospect as well. Probably 3-4 qbs and a te will go before 1.11, leaving some meaty picks on the board. Seattle passing less is a worry, and yeah you should get more years out of Herbert, but I’d take the package. It’s a fair deal either way I think. 

That's the point I was trying to make, which is counter to what you and others are saying. I don't see what changed from last year, why money would matter less to Gronk then it did last year and he got paid $10m. And I do understand that was his contract tolling from NE but it could have been reworked.

For fantasy purposes none of this is likely relevant or even real life purposes other then impact on Tampas' cap  since I only see Gronk playing in Tampa. Just as a point of conversation I  absolutely think what he's paid matters more to Gronk then people are giving it credit. He's just in a unusual situation were he likely won't test FA or use that as leverage to get some decent pay for his services but I don't think he'll need to since he'll have Brady making necessary push to make sure he's compensated. Won't be $10M, but he's not some league minimum guy or like they got Fournette and AB to play for them last year kind of guy either, not in my opinion.
No, he won't play for league minimum or what AB and Fournette got. That wasn't what I was trying to say. He'll get paid. Just not what he could get on the true open market, because the market, which is Tampa and Tampa alone, is what Tampa is willing to pay him to keep him from retiring. That's the only bargaining chip he holds. Tampa might, to keep the rest of the company (Brady) happy, pay him more than he'd take at a minimum, but that'll be to keep the good vibes of championship season flowing in Buccaneer land.

Its all good, I think FFPC Dynasty deserves its own thread and perhaps BDH has the right idea with a separate thread for all things FFPC Dynasty but still use this one for trades. I don't want to be a splitter (thinking Life of Brian).

You must have me confused with somebody.  I made the point that Gronk was more likely than Godwin or Fournette to be in Tampa next season.  Maybe all three will be there... Gronk just seems the least likely to move on.

And I don't think anybody but you mentioned bargain basement prices.

12tm PPR

JD Mckissic

For

McKissic was actually effective last year with 80 receptions and 954 total yards...he had the type of season that many dismiss but come around week 13 when the injuries are piling up you could be real happy you have him...that being said this is the type of deal you make if you are in about week 9 or 10 and you have a legit chance to win a title and you want to beef up your bench without giving up a core asset...right now I would much rather save that asset for something else...also, you really don't know if that was a one year blip for McKissic (he has never come close to that amount of receptions before) or if the Skins draft or sign another quality RB than you may simply be giving away this pick...so for me there is no need to make this deal.

Gave: Rashaad Penny

Got: 3.2

Woke up to this offer and took it not because I don't think Penny is worth a speculative add for 3.2 but because he was below my cutline and I'd had no success so far on moving anyone to clear up space.

Same league as above, I'm not involved in any of these trades. A new owner apparently bought a team last night and popped off both of these trades and both to the same owner.

Team A gave: 1.6

Team B gave: 2.3, 2.4, 2.8 and 3.3

Second trade involving both teams:

Team gave: Tee Higgins

Team B gave: 1.8, 2022#2

So in total this new owner gave 1.6 and Higgins for 1.8, 2.3, 2.4, 2.8, 3.3 and a 2022#2.

Gave: Rashaad Penny

Got: 3.2

Woke up to this offer and took it not because I don't think Penny is worth a speculative add for 3.2 but because he was below my cutline and I'd had no success so far on moving anyone to clear up space.
I've tried offering him and a late 3rd just to move up in the 3rd in a few leagues. Nobody is interested. Penny would be my cut, which looks like he'd be the cut for others too. I can't even move up with Penny, let alone just get a 3rd straight up. 

I've tried offering him and a late 3rd just to move up in the 3rd in a few leagues. Nobody is interested. Penny would be my cut, which looks like he'd be the cut for others too. I can't even move up with Penny, let alone just get a 3rd straight up. 
I personally think he's worth a third if you got the room. They might draft or sign someone to blow his value to pieces but comparatively speaking to a RB option you can draft in round 3 I think he's got a better shot to have a role, maybe a big one. Obviously you don't have to draft a RB in round 3, just saying for that position I'm not sure you can get something that has as good as shot as he does.

But on this team he was not only a cut but I had 3 players at least on par with him so not real close to being a keeper. I do have another team with Penny were as of now it's my intention to keep him, but it's close and even then I'd strongly consider bailing for 3.2 but that's based on not just the pick but the player I'd get to keep, in that league if I had no one I was going to cut worth keeping I'd actually prefer Penny over 3.2.

Anybody have McKissic's numbers with and without Smith? If Washington moves on from Alex Smith, McKissic is likely not worth a 3.06. At all.
He did have his two best games of the year in week 15-16 when Alex Smith was out but Gibson missed one of those games and was not himself the other one.

Seems like my leagues are waking up, not involved but this one just went down.

Team A gave: 1.1

Team B gave: Davante Adams, 2.8 and 3.8

menobrown said:
Same league as above, I'm not involved in any of these trades. A new owner apparently bought a team last night and popped off both of these trades and both to the same owner.

Team A gave: 1.6

Team B gave: 2.3, 2.4, 2.8 and 3.3

Second trade involving both teams:

Team gave: Tee Higgins

Team B gave: 1.8, 2022#2

So in total this new owner gave 1.6 and Higgins for 1.8, 2.3, 2.4, 2.8, 3.3 and a 2022#2.
I'll take Higgins and the pick.

FFPC SF

I gave 3.07, 2022 3rd
I got G Davis, Hamler

This is the worst orphan I posted about in the FFPC thread. I need at least one cheap QB and to probably overpay for a middle of the road 2nd QB to be competitive this year. And to get lucky at TE a little bit. But Davis and Hamler are two of my favorite buy lows and this squad has room. This would be more or less coming at the expense of Agholor and Perriman as cut casualties. Maybe someone wants one for a 4th or 5th or something greater than 0.

You squeezed value to get Davis alone for the 3rd and 2022 third. Maybe other owner wasn’t going to keep them so got what he could but it meant a nice discount on Davis for you. 

try moving those other two but doubt either brings back anything.

menobrown said:
Seems like my leagues are waking up, not involved but this one just went down.

Team A gave: 1.1

Team B gave: Davante Adams, 2.8 and 3.8
What kind of league is this? SF or 1QB?  I'm mulling a similar offer for Adams in one league, this is interesting data point

Users who are viewing this thread