Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Sure a lot of things could happen but my main point is you don't have to hit both picks. To me this is exactly the kind of reward that justifies the risk, and to me the risk is not that high because while AJB may be one of the best young WR's in the game he's pretty far from some type of league winner.

I guess it comes down to current roster construction and risk tolerance.  Maybe its just that I've been burned plenty by "can't miss prospects" that I'd rather take the sure thing.  Especially if the sure thing is a 23 year old stud.  Now if the 22 1st ends up top 1-3, I'd see this as a win.

Edited by Blick
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DropKick said:

I'd reverse them if they even sniffed of imbalance.

Couldn’t disagree more. Just go back to last year’s thread to see how flawed this line of thought is. I am guessing over half the trades that are thought of as imbalanced actually end up a good deal for team that the community thinks got fleeced.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad my AJB trade generated so much debate haha. For what it’s worth, I also had 1.01, and felt that my team needed a true WR1, which led to my deciding to make the trade. Appreciate all the thoughts!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Boston said:

My point is the chance of whoever is selected at either pick surpassing AJB as a Dynasty asset is very slim...

Not at 1.02 it isn't. The future 1st is thinner but still decent. I think the word 'slim' is doing a lot of heavy lifting when we consider top WR/RB on the board over the years. I think the odds are quite good that the 1.02 will meet AJ Brown as a dynasty asset. Exceed? Might be asking a lot. The future 1st and if there is a need at RB, makes this easy. If I didn't have a need at RB I would have a hard time moving Brown for this. I don't think it is crazy to prefer the Brown side but I don't think the risk of the 1.02 should be much of a factor in it.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Oh God I just realized it is SF as well

I missed that as well...that would change things for me (i.e. if you were in a bad QB spot with your team) but that doesn't appear to be the case with this actual deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Boston said:

Interesting deal...as an AJ Brown owner I would pass, it's not worth the risk...just looking at this deal (i.e. not future deals based off of obtaining those picks), for this deal to make sense you need to absolutely hit on both picks (and I mean hit big time)...for the 1.2 the best case scenario is probably equal to Brown so for this deal to make sense you have to hit on that pick and have that other #1 (which you don't know where it will land) be a decent amount better than the 2.12...so, while there is an path to this deal working out if it doesn't end in a best case scenario you have traded a 23 year stud that only appears to getting better...I just don't see the need to take that risk with such a valuable asset.

I mostly agree but you're not factoring in any of the risk with AJ Brown here.  He's a great player but he's already valued like a top 3 fantasy WR even though he's yet to put up numbers anywhere close to that.  Obviously that doesn't mean he never will but when a guy is being valued in a position that he's never come close to finishing in, that is risk.

The Tenn excuse is easy but Tannehill threw for 4000 yards and 33 TDs last year.  How much better do we think that is going to get in the near future in Tenn?  

I love AJB and have him valued super highly but we have to acknowledge that there is risk in him never taking that next step to being a truly elite WR.  He's not a super high volume guy like Hopkins or Diggs so he's probably not going to get his points with 120 receptions, which means to be an elite top 3 WR he's gotta put up yardage/TD numbers like Tyreek Hill and needless to say there are fewer yards and TDs to go around in his offense than Hill's.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Oh God I just realized it is SF as well

Exactly and he has 1.1.  Getting Lawrence and your choice of Harris and Smith along with getting a pick next year that could end up anywhere is worth it in my opinion.  Especially since if playing for the Titans will keep Brown from ever being a top 3 WR.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Boston said:

My point is the chance of whoever is selected at either pick surpassing AJB as a Dynasty asset is very slim...could the pick turn into a CMAC?  Sure, but the odds are very much in favor of that not happening...that is why when I look at this deal I feel hitting on both picks is the likely path to success...my overall point is I just don't see the need to take the risk for how I value AJB...now, if you are not that high on him than this deal makes far more sense.

Again the thing being overlooked here is 1.02 passing AJB in dynasty value because AJB's value potentially dips as well.

AJB is currently dynasty WR5 with a startup ADP of 2.01.

Just a mere 2 years ago in 2019 here are the dynasty WRs with startup ADP of 1.11-2.05

1.11 Mike Evans
1.12 Odell Beckham
2.1 JuJu Smith-Schuster
2.2 Amari Cooper
2.3 Chris Godwin
2.5 DJ Moore

ALL of them have dropped significantly in value since then.  And that's despite pretty much all of them having already put up a better season in the NFL than AJB has so far.

Now I feel that AJB is different than all those guys and will be a stud going forward, but the risk that is not the case is being SEVERELY downplayed here.  AJB is not a lock top 5 WR for the rest of his career.  He is very, very far from that at this point.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I mostly agree but you're not factoring in any of the risk with AJ Brown here.  He's a great player but he's already valued like a top 3 fantasy WR even though he's yet to put up numbers anywhere close to that.  Obviously that doesn't mean he never will but when a guy is being valued in a position that he's never come close to finishing in, that is risk.

The Tenn excuse is easy but Tannehill threw for 4000 yards and 33 TDs last year.  How much better do we think that is going to get in the near future in Tenn?  

I love AJB and have him valued super highly but we have to acknowledge that there is risk in him never taking that next step to being a truly elite WR.  He's not a super high volume guy like Hopkins or Diggs so he's probably not going to get his points with 120 receptions, which means to be an elite top 3 WR he's gotta put up yardage/TD numbers like Tyreek Hill and needless to say there are fewer yards and TDs to go around in his offense than Hill's.

I think his numbers take a nice leap this year...what he did last year was very impressive when you factor in he played a good portion of the year pretty banged up...IMO there was zero doubt he was hurting in a big way the last part of the year and the fact he gutted it out was a big plus for me...also, Davis and Jonnu will be gone and with their defensive holes it will be interesting to see what they add to the WR/TE units.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Again the thing being overlooked here is 1.02 passing AJB in dynasty value because AJB's value potentially dips as well.

AJB is currently dynasty WR5 with a startup ADP of 2.01.

Just a mere 2 years ago in 2019 here are the dynasty WRs with startup ADP of 1.11-2.05

1.11 Mike Evans
1.12 Odell Beckham
2.1 JuJu Smith-Schuster
2.2 Amari Cooper
2.3 Chris Godwin
2.5 DJ Moore

ALL of them have dropped significantly in value since then.  And that's despite pretty much all of them having already put up a better season in the NFL than AJB has so far.

Now I feel that AJB is different than all those guys and will be a stud going forward, but the risk that is not the case is being SEVERELY downplayed here.  AJB is not a lock top 5 WR for the rest of his career.  He is very, very far from that at this point.

I hear you but I would have made the proposed deal for all of those guys except Beckham at that point of their career...which does show the potential downside but IMO Beckham is due to the head not the talent and right now I don't see that with Brown...it appears I value AJB more than everyone else...I just see insane physical traits that are rarely seen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Boston said:

I hear you but I would have made the proposed deal for all of those guys except Beckham at that point of their career...which does show the potential downside but IMO Beckham is due to the head not the talent and right now I don't see that with Brown...it appears I value AJB more than everyone else...I just see insane physical traits that are rarely seen.

He is a monster but is he ever going to be Antonio Brown, D-Hop, Adams, Megatron, Hill type?  Especially in that offense?  I highly doubt it.  I wouldn't take just 1.2 for him straight up but another 1st for the last pick in the 2nd in a SF league makes it worth it for me.

Also, there is no way Tenn lets Davis & Smith walk and doesn't replace them with someone putting up stats so I doubt that affects him Brown much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Boston said:

I hear you but I would have made the proposed deal for all of those guys except Beckham at that point of their career...which does show the potential downside but IMO Beckham is due to the head not the talent and right now I don't see that with Brown...it appears I value AJB more than everyone else...I just see insane physical traits that are rarely seen.

I probably like AJB as much as you, and have him as a top 3 dynasty WR personally.  But I am just being realistic here.  The argument being presented is that he was a locked in stud and the only way 1.02 could end up more valuable than him is if the 1.02 became CMC.  That just isn't reality.  There are a lot of non-CMC rookies from the last few years that are worth more than JuJu or Godwin now, even though those guys a couple years ago were valued as highly as AJB is now.

If anything his lack of high reception volume makes him an even tougher guy to assume will be locked in as a top 3 guy because in the modern NFL most of the consistently top 3 fantasy WRs are 100+ catch guys.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Again the thing being overlooked here is 1.02 passing AJB in dynasty value because AJB's value potentially dips as well.

AJB is currently dynasty WR5 with a startup ADP of 2.01.

Just a mere 2 years ago in 2019 here are the dynasty WRs with startup ADP of 1.11-2.05

1.11 Mike Evans
1.12 Odell Beckham
2.1 JuJu Smith-Schuster
2.2 Amari Cooper
2.3 Chris Godwin
2.5 DJ Moore

ALL of them have dropped significantly in value since then.  And that's despite pretty much all of them having already put up a better season in the NFL than AJB has so far.

Now I feel that AJB is different than all those guys and will be a stud going forward, but the risk that is not the case is being SEVERELY downplayed here.  AJB is not a lock top 5 WR for the rest of his career.  He is very, very far from that at this point.

Understood, but we also need to look at the 1.02 pick over the last couple years.  Using Mike Tagliere (Fantasy Pros) as freely accessible, here are is rankings:

2020 - Johnathon Taylor (2020)

2019 - David Montgomery (2019)

2018 - Sony Michel (2018)

2017 - Leonard Fournette (2017)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Blick said:

Understood, but we also need to look at the 1.02 pick over the last couple years.  Using Mike Tagliere (Fantasy Pros) as freely accessible, here are is rankings:

2020 - Johnathon Taylor (2020)

2019 - David Montgomery (2019)

2018 - Sony Michel (2018)

2017 - Leonard Fournette (2017)

 

Right, no doubt 1.02 has a lot of risk.  A lot more risk than AJB.  I just wanted to point out that AJB is not without (somewhat substantial) risk of his own that was being overlooked, and also that 1.02 certainly does not have to be a CMC level caliber player to necessarily be worth more than AJB 2 years from now.

People were grading the trade as if they went 10 years into the future and AJB was finishing up a career that mirrored Julio Jones.  But that is jumping way ahead.  For fantasy purposes AJB hasn't really even broken out as actually elite yet.

 

Edited by FreeBaGeL
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Blick said:

Understood, but we also need to look at the 1.02 pick over the last couple years.  Using Mike Tagliere (Fantasy Pros) as freely accessible, here are is rankings:

2020 - Johnathon Taylor (2020)

2019 - David Montgomery (2019)

2018 - Sony Michel (2018)

2017 - Leonard Fournette (2017)

 

Bingo...that is exactly my fear...now if the other piece was a quality RB instead of a future pick I would like this deal far more for what the Owner is trying to accomplish (i.e. beefing up his RB unit). 

Edited by Boston
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Boston said:

Bingo...that is exactly my fear...now if the other piece was a quality RB instead of a future pick I would like this deal far more for what the Owner is trying to accomplish (i.e. beefing up his RB unit). 

If you are looking at SF rankings then 1.2 might be a better RB too than some of the ones listed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

If you are looking at SF rankings then 1.2 might be a better RB too than some of the ones listed.

I don't think there is any doubt that at 1.2 you will be getting a high-end RB prospect...worst case it is one of Harris, Etienne or Williams and not sure about that league but Lawrence in a lot SF or 2 QB leagues is too good to pass up at 1.1 so all three could be on the board...actually I think he has 1.1 as well so he is sitting real pretty.

Edited by Boston
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Boston said:

I don't think there is any doubt that at 1.2 you will be getting a high-end RB prospect...worst case it is one of Harris, Etienne or Williams and not sure about that league but Lawrence in a lot SF or 2 QB leagues is too good to pass up at 1.1.

Ya so he is really getting the best non-QB prospect in the draft which is usually not a bust.  I think he said he has 1.1 too so he gets to take Lawrence and still get that piece.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jabarony said:

FFPC superflex. 

 

Team A gave 2022 1st & B. Jarwin. 

 

Team B gave M. Gordon, K. Golladay, & 2022 3rd. 

I'm not a fan of the 2022 class, especially at RB.  The QBs should be good however for superflex leagues.  In start 1QB leagues I'm not looking to obtain 2022 picks.  Now 2023 is a different story.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

PPR

Team A gave Ridley & Burrow

Team B gave Cousins, James Robinson & G. Davis.

Team A really had nothing at RB & is loaded at WR. Other QB of note on that roster is Hurts.

That's the best Team A could get for Ridley? I'd take Ridley/Burrow quite handily. And I wouldn't have made this deal until after the draft.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

PPR

Team A gave Ridley & Burrow

Team B gave Cousins, James Robinson & G. Davis.

Team A really had nothing at RB & is loaded at WR. Other QB of note on that roster is Hurts.

 

 

I'll take Ridley and Burrow pretty easily here...Burrow is 9 years younger then Cousins so that is a very nice Dynasty upgrade right there...Ridley is a legit #1 and while I like Robinson a lot (and they play different positions) Ridley is a much safer player IMO...Davis is a solid prospect but for this deal to make sense that piece needed to be a lot stronger.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That's the best Team A could get for Ridley? I'd take Ridley/Burrow quite handily. And I wouldn't have made this deal until after the draft.

Imagine how bad that deal looks if Philly does indeed draft a QB...ouch!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

PPR

Team A gave Ridley & Burrow

Team B gave Cousins, James Robinson & G. Davis.

Team A really had nothing at RB & is loaded at WR. Other QB of note on that roster is Hurts.

 

 

Yikes. Ridley by a landslide. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

12 team ppr - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL
 

Mims, Denzel NYJ WR

Shenault, Laviska JAC WR

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.11

For

White, James NEP RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Probably a little light for Adam’s, but it’s not that bad and could be a lot closer if Mims and Shenault both make leaps. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

12 team ppr - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL
 

Mims, Denzel NYJ WR

Shenault, Laviska JAC WR

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.11

For

White, James NEP RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

That is an absolute steal for Adams...you gotta get way more than that...Mims and Shenault are quality prospects but I would be totally surprised if either comes close to being a #1 and while 1st round picks are always great assets to obtain this isn't even a high one so you are not in the stud zone...this deal make no sense at all to me, it's a ugly one. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

PPR

Team A gave Ridley & Burrow

Team B gave Cousins, James Robinson & G. Davis.

Team A really had nothing at RB & is loaded at WR. Other QB of note on that roster is Hurts.

 

 

Ridley/Burrow side handily. Like Andy said, this one should happen after the draft. If the Jags spend big draft or FA capital on a RB, the return on Ridley/Burrow looks like scraps

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

12 team ppr - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL
 

Mims, Denzel NYJ WR

Shenault, Laviska JAC WR

Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.11

For

White, James NEP RB

Adams, Davante GBP WR

Three quarters for a dollar. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Boston said:

That is an absolute steal for Adams...you gotta get way more than that...Mims and Shenault are quality prospects but I would be totally surprised if either comes close to being a #1 and while 1st round picks are always great assets to obtain this isn't even a high one so you are not in the stud zone...this deal make no sense at all to me, it's a ugly one. 

I can see it if one is high on Mims or Shenault, but I would not have done that if I owned Adams as I am not high on them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

I can see it if one is high on Mims or Shenault, but I would not have done that if I owned Adams as I am not high on them

Even if you are as high on them as possible you don’t need to give up last year’s #1 WR to obtain them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Hooper and a couple likely cuts. Looking at his team TE was the one weakness and now it is a strength.

Solid deal...you nail down a position of weakness (where the options are limited) and you get a decent pick this year where you should be in a spot to get someone that will have value similar to Shenault’s...I see what the other guy is thinking as well but would like his side more if the #1 was this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I still think he overpaid. I had Andrews on a roster last year for about 6 weeks. Was glad to be rid of him.

I had Andrews on a few rosters in 2019 and went to Disneyland for the 1st time in my life because of him. Long way of saying I was disappointed in 2020 as well. I think it had more to do with Lamar taking a step back but I think there is plenty of reason to expect better than 2020 production in the future. I bought him last year for probably a similar price as this but ended up benching him through the playoffs, so yeah he has some warts.

ETA looks like I did Mixon and Ebron for Andrews and Gaskin. Worked out I suppose.

Edited by barackdhouse
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2021 at 6:07 AM, Denver724 said:

Standard 12 team PPR. Not a Superflex or TE Premium. 1 RB start.

Curtis Samuel and 2021 4.10

For

Sam Darnold, 2021 1.12 and 3.12 

Holy crap. I got Samuel for Tonyan (who I claimed off waivers) & folks thought I overpaid. 
 

1.12?! :shock:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

I had Andrews on a few rosters in 2019 and went to Disneyland for the 1st time in my life because of him. Long way of saying I was disappointed in 2020 as well. I think it had more to do with Lamar taking a step back but I think there is plenty of reason to expect better than 2020 production in the future. I bought him last year for probably a similar price as this but ended up benching him through the playoffs, so yeah he has some warts.

I like the player, I hate the situation. It’s going to be difficult to trust any offensive skill player with LJax playing wildca-er, QB. 

I didn’t see much improvement as a passer (even a little regression) and I think that’s going to impact the consistency & upside of all Ravens receivers. 

If the Ravens commit to his development as a passer I’ll change my mind about their receivers, but they don’t really seem interested in that. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I like the player, I hate the situation. It’s going to be difficult to trust any offensive skill player with LJax playing wildca-er, QB. 

I didn’t see much improvement as a passer (even a little regression) and I think that’s going to impact the consistency & upside of all Ravens receivers. 

If the Ravens commit to his development as a passer I’ll change my mind about their receivers, but they don’t really seem interested in that. 

 

Yeah I see that but TE is a different animal in fantasy than WR. Andrews is among the top options in fantasy whereas yes I wouldn't touch a Ravens WR in fantasy. He will always have high weekly upside in that offense but less of a floor than Waller and Kittle but arguably not by a lot. 

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
  • Create New...