Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

7 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

At least you know you should be trading with him more in the future

Unfortunately the league is full of them.  I'm done with it after this year. 

I very badly want to tell the guy "No wonder you've finished over .500 ONCE the last decade in this league." But I've decided to be a kindler, gentler Andy.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, Matt's Eagles said:

12 Team PPR, 1.75 TE PPR

Team A got Kittle, 2.06

Team B got DJ Moore, Trautman, 22 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders (probably late)

I don’t play in TE premium leagues but in 1.75 ppr for TE this seems like an easy win for team getting Kittle.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chad Parsons said:

12tm PPR, slight TE premium, shallow devy

Austin Ekeler, 22 2nd

For

Darren Waller, Darrynton Evans, Darrell Henderson, Treylon Burks (Devy)

Fair deal. Assume team dealing Ekeler is deep at RB

17 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Unfortunately the league is full of them.  I'm done with it after this year. 

I very badly want to tell the guy "No wonder you've finished over .500 ONCE the last decade in this league." But I've decided to be a kindler, gentler Andy.

But doesn't him declining just mean that he likes the 1.03 plus pick better than the 1.02...........which is the same side of the trade you prefer?   I mean his comment was dumb but essentially he likes the same side of the trade as you do.  

4 minutes ago, Gally said:

But doesn't him declining just mean that he likes the 1.03 plus pick better than the 1.02...........which is the same side of the trade you prefer?   I mean his comment was dumb but essentially he likes the same side of the trade as you do.  

Yeah that is kind of true. The response sounded dumb but in reality if he really doesn't want 1.02 any more than 1.03, and I can see that, then why give up anything at all to do it? Most of us all probably autosnap it but if you like all 3 RBs equally, for example, then why bother? 

Just now, barackdhouse said:

Yeah that is kind of true. The response sounded dumb but in reality if he really doesn't want 1.02 any more than 1.03, and I can see that, then why give up anything at all to do it? Most of us all probably autosnap it but if you like all 3 RBs equally, for example, then why bother? 

It seems like the consensus has been that everyone prefers the 1.03 plus pick side.  I am not sure it is an autosnap for the 1.02 at all.  

2 minutes ago, Gally said:

It seems like the consensus has been that everyone prefers the 1.03 plus pick side.  I am not sure it is an autosnap for the 1.02 at all.  

Yeah I was just assuming most would. The only scenario I would is where I am specifically trying to get Chase. Or if it was SF. 

20 minutes ago, Gally said:

It wasn't the decline that bothered me but the snarkiness of him implying it was a bad deal because it required giving up two picks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It wasn't the decline that bothered me but the snarkiness of him implying it was a bad deal because it required giving up two picks.

Yeah exactly, it's a weird way to frame that. They do it with every trade in the NFL draft and it drives me crazy. Like when a team moves say two future 1sts to go from 1.12 to 1.02 to take a top QB (IDK just spitballing) but it gets reported as they gave up 3 first rounders. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Yeah exactly, it's a weird way to frame that. They do it with every trade in the NFL draft and it drives me crazy. Like when a team moves say two future 1sts to go from 1.12 to 1.02 to take a top QB (IDK just spitballing) but it gets reported as they gave up 3 first rounders. 

Was going to mention this as well, pet peeve of mine nearly every year around the time of draft and during.

38 minutes ago, Gally said:

I prefer the 1.2 side and easily fwiw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FFPC regular not involved

Team A gave Mahomes, 2.05
Team B gave M Thomas, G Edwards, 3.01

I think Thomas can still be Thomas for a couple more years at least but I think I have to go Mahomes here. The guy getting Thomas also had Lamar Jackson so liquidating one of those two QBs does make sense to me. I don't think his team is ready to compete yet but it is probably close. I think he thinks it is so I get it. But Thomas wouldn't have been my target. 

Huh, looking at the other team he now has Murray, Mahomes and Hurts at QB and it is single QB. And his team is solid elsewhere so maybe this is just the best liquidation of Thomas he was ever going to find. Explains why he has been trying to sell me Murray or Hurts lately. But I'm sticking with Rodgers so oh well.

26 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I think Thomas can still be Thomas for a couple more years at least but I think I have to go Mahomes here. The guy getting Thomas also had Lamar Jackson so liquidating one of those two QBs does make sense to me. I don't think his team is ready to compete yet but it is probably close. I think he thinks it is so I get it. But Thomas wouldn't have been my target. 

Huh, looking at the other team he now has Murray, Mahomes and Hurts at QB and it is single QB. And his team is solid elsewhere so maybe this is just the best liquidation of Thomas he was ever going to find. Explains why he has been trying to sell me Murray or Hurts lately. But I'm sticking with Rodgers so oh well.

Mahomes is a beautiful exit price for Thomas

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

If it was Mahomes for Thomas I'd call it even but with knowing some of the team makeup I think it's great deal for the guy who already had Lamar to add Thomas and not sure what the other team is thinking adding Mahomes to a Murray/Hurts team.

3 minutes ago, menobrown said:

If it was Mahomes for Thomas I'd call it even but with knowing some of the team makeup I think it's great deal for the guy who already had Lamar to add Thomas and not sure what the other team is thinking adding Mahomes to a Murray/Hurts team.

That was my first reaction when I looked at his roster but he *is* stacked still even without Thomas and he absolutely got younger and a decent return. But now he *has* to move Murray or Hurts at close to market and that may not happen in single QB. He has been pinging me like crazy and I'm like "I don't need a QB thanks". Which gets to that discussion on the dyn value thread about people trying to upsell their deals to you. "You need to get younger at QB". No I don't. Also I think it against the rules to manage more than one team in the same league. So I'll do mine he can do his. Hehe. I think I like the Mahomes side still though. He doesn't have to sell one of those 2 QBs today. And he could still flip Mahomes himself later on for someone younger at a skill position and get more out of Thomas in the end than he might if he waits another year. Mahomes will still be as valuable next year at this time but Thomas? Almost certainly not. He did create a lot of extra work for himself, though.

46 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

I

You know what?  I only have about 5 clean underwear left before having to wash and now I have to go change again after reading that.

• Laughing 1

26 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

You know what?  I only have about 5 clean underwear left before having to wash and now I have to go change again after reading that.

I usually keep typing when I #### my pants as well. Just kidding man that is funny. I have no idea what side did this to you.

Zealots Field, PPR league

Gave: 1.09 and 3.09

Got: 1.08

I have a mid-sized tier break after Najee, Etienne and Chase...and another larger one after Waddle, Smith, Lawrence, Pitts and Williams...and will be very happy with whichever of the 8 I get.

This still leaves me with 1.04/1.08/2.05/2.09/3.05...and some lower picks.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field, PPR league

Gave: 1.09 and 3.09

Got: 1.08

I have a mid-sized tier break after Najee, Etienne and Chase...and another larger one after Waddle, Smith, Lawrence, Pitts and Williams...and will be very happy with whichever of the 8 I get.

This still leaves me with 1.04/1.08/2.05/2.09/3.05...and some lower picks.

easy

.5 PPR SF

gave Carr, 4.02

got 1.10

---

Leaves me with QB's L. Jackson, 1.01 (T. Lawrence), and J. Hurts (looking to deal him as well),  as well as 1.02 and 2.02; I have a couple feelers out for 1.04 and 1.05 for Hurts, but was told to wait until after the NFL draft.

Zealots non-ppr IDP

Gave: Terry McLaurin

Got: 1.06 & 1.08

Not seeing a big bump in his production and non-ppr changes the equation. This is a start over team. Now I have four of the top eight picks (1, 4, 6,8) which I'm excited about. Plus the 12 and 13.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Zealots non-ppr IDP

Not seeing a big bump in his production and non-ppr changes the equation. This is a start over team. Now I have four of the top eight picks (1, 4, 6,8) which I'm excited about. Plus the 12 and 13.

Even if 2-3 RBs are gone by 1.06, that's a quality return to get 1-2 RD1 WRs out of those picks

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Zealots non-ppr IDP

Makes sense and a good cashout price. Surprisingly, McLaurin is 26 in September but has only played 2 seasons.

Guy just bought an orphan in one of my FFPC leagues, been super busy today: I am not involved in any (although he tried)

Gave up: 2022 2nd

Got: Gaskin

then

Gave up: 2022 3rd

Got: James Conner

then

Gave up: 1.03 and Gaskin

Got: Hunt, Mostert, 2.02, 2.11, 4.02

then

Gave up: Aiyuk and 1.12

Got: Aaron Jones and 3.05

then

Gave up: Deshaun Watson

Got: Julio Jones, Drew Lock, 2 2022 2nd's

then

Gave up: 2.03

Got: Marvin Jones and Tannehill

then

Gave up: Diontae Johnson

Got: Thielen and 2.03

Basically he made himself an old team somewhat contender right away. Starting something like Tannehill, Aaron Jones, Mostert, Hunt, Thielen, Julio, Marvin Jones, Hockenson right now. 

2 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Guy just bought an orphan in one of my FFPC leagues, been super busy today: I am not involved in any (although he tried)

then

then

then

then

then

then

Basically he made himself an old team somewhat contender right away. Starting something like Tannehill, Aaron Jones, Mostert, Hunt, Thielen, Julio, Marvin Jones, Hockenson right now. 

Yuck on all of them but maybe the last one (not a Diontae fan)

8 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

then

then

then

then

then

then

This guy has to be new to Dynasty...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chad Parsons said:

Yuck on all of them but maybe the last one (not a Diontae fan)

Not to go off-topic but (actually, yes, to briefly go off-topic), why not a Dionate fan? I ask as a dynasty owner thinking about selling before Ben leaves....PM if you prefer. TIA

52 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Zealots non-ppr IDP

Picks, not at all close IMO. I’d take the picks in PPR too although it’s closer.

Edited by Buckna
  • Like 3

On 3/12/2021 at 7:08 PM, Helaire-ious said:

This just went down in PPR

Team A gave Hockenson, Akers & 1.09

Team B gave Waller, Z. Moss, 2.09, 1.02 & 1.07

I like Akers a lot and there should be a good player at 9 (especially if willing to take Lawrence there or if someone outside the top 8 goes to the perfect landing spot) but I'd go with Waller, 2, and 7 here and I think it is quite easy.  Not a terrible trade but I wouldn't hesitate.

On 3/15/2021 at 11:30 AM, barackdhouse said:

FFPC different leagues and not SF (for a change)

I gave Mike Evans
I got Mims, Perriman, 2022 1st (looks early to me)

I gave Keenan Allen, 1.11
I got McLaurin, 2.03

1st one is from my worst orphan by far and Evans isn't going to do anything for me there. Plus I don't really love him with the way Brady shares the ball. He is one of my favorite players and I love him and have him on many squads but I'm out. I love 2nd year WRs and I think Mims is going way underlooked right now. Perriman is a throw in.

I don't mind the 1st trade if you really like Mims and couldn't find more on the market.  I like Mims a little but might take some time to gel with a new QB (especially a rookie).  Not sure I like Scary Terry more than Allen enough to give up a 1st in the 2nd deal but I guess it depends on if you want to win now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Zealots non-ppr IDP

I love this trade for you.  I think this is a great return for Scary Terry.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I don't mind the 1st trade if you really like Mims and couldn't find more on the market.  I like Mims a little but might take some time to gel with a new QB (especially a rookie).  Not sure I like Scary Terry more than Allen enough to give up a 1st in the 2nd deal but I guess it depends on if you want to win now.

I have the depth and strength that it doesn't come down to winning now vs rebuilding for me. I can compete either way but for the record I think Allen outscores McLaurin this year but it is probably pretty close. I love the Fitz bump of course and yes I did anticipate they would improve at QB. That was baked in here. But the age difference is what made it an autoslam for me. The presumed marginal difference in production isn't really a factor. I moved back to get younger. Oldest 3rd year player ever but still. 

23 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I don't really think of it as giving up a 1st. I moved back 4 spots. 

• Like 1

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****