What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

FFPC

I traded: 3.01 and 2022 3rd

I got: Zack Moss

Figured Moss was good for a shot at this price. I do still have to find 7 cuts in this league though. I'm a top contender here but Josh Jacobs at my RB3 was making me nervous. He's still my RB3 until proven otherwise, but at least I have a backup plan in Moss.

FFPC

Figured Moss was good for a shot at this price. I do still have to find 7 cuts in this league though. I'm a top contender here but Josh Jacobs at my RB3 was making me nervous. He's still my RB3 until proven otherwise, but at least I have a backup plan in Moss.
Moss is my RB3 in dynasty as well(well, hum and Jamaal Williams), and I’m okay with that. I like him. Obviously we have to fade a high draft capital RB but he was starting to supplant Singletary before the injury. I think he can be solid if he just gets the opportunity and can stay on the field. 

I don't know what you mean by "order" but we know what the pool is. And since I think the top eight guys (by talent) all have a chance to be special, that's why I want as many of that pool as possible - five of eight so far.
But do we really know what the top 8 talent guys are. We are just dorks on a message board. If the draft goes differently than what we all think it should, there’s a good chance we are wrong in our talent evals.

But do we really know what the top 8 talent guys are. We are just dorks on a message board. If the draft goes differently than what we all think it should, there’s a good chance we are wrong in our talent evals.
I suppose we could have followed the Raiders lead and taken Ruggs first. They're the professionals, right?

Nobody knows. That's true. But we should know who we prefer.

Zealots Field PPR league

Traded:

1.08/2.09

Received:

1.07/4.07

Reasoning - I feel the higher I move up in the draft, the better player I get.  This gives me the 1.04 and 1.07 (and other later) picks.  I would guess the first 6 picks will be (in no particular order) Harris, Etienne, Chase, Smith, Waddle and Pitts/Williams/Lawrence.  Pretty sure I was not looking to take Lawrence at 1.08, so I'm good with whomever is left of the other 7 guys.

Zealots Field PPR league

Traded:

1.08/2.09

Received:

1.07/4.07

Reasoning - I feel the higher I move up in the draft, the better player I get.  This gives me the 1.04 and 1.07 (and other later) picks.  I would guess the first 6 picks will be (in no particular order) Harris, Etienne, Chase, Smith, Waddle and Pitts/Williams/Lawrence.  Pretty sure I was not looking to take Lawrence at 1.08, so I'm good with whomever is left of the other 7 guys.
I'm with you on that evaluation. Depending on if you need Lawrence or not, there's that tier break at 7 or 8 (at least to me and sounds like to you as well). It's a small price to pay to move up for that spot to me, love the move. 2.09 is negligible. 

I will say it depends on your team though. If you're a competitior this makes total sense. Get the better prospect on your board, and help you win. If you're a rebuilding team, I don't think it makes much sense. 

Zealots Field PPR league

Traded:

1.08/2.09

Received:

1.07/4.07

You're more likely to get Waddle than Williams at 1.7.

FFPC

Nice move.  I agree good price for young RB on high running offense.  I offered 2.10 for Moss and was shot down.  

You're more likely to get Waddle than Williams at 1.7.
In a PPR?  Huh!  Ok, let's drill down.  Picks 1-3 will almost certainly be Harris, Etienne and Chase.  I would have to think the next 3 picks would likely be Smith/Waddle/Williams (someone always needs RB), leaving Pitts/Lawrence at 1.07/1.08.

From what I've seen over the years, TE just takes too long to develop and (especially in Zealots leagues) QB almost never goes high, unless it's Superflex/2QB.

FFPC

Sounds like you have some tough cuts to make. Did you try and package one of the potential cuts for Moss?

In a PPR?  Huh!  Ok, let's drill down.  Picks 1-3 will almost certainly be Harris, Etienne and Chase.  I would have to think the next 3 picks would likely be Smith/Waddle/Williams (someone always needs RB), leaving Pitts/Lawrence at 1.07/1.08.

From what I've seen over the years, TE just takes too long to develop and (especially in Zealots leagues) QB almost never goes high, unless it's Superflex/2QB.
Some prefer Bateman over Waddle.  I see the majority of non-sf drafts going Harris, Etienne (even though I don’t agree with it), Chase, Williams, Smith (even though I don’t agree with it), Pitts, Lawrence, Waddle, Bateman, or Bateman, Waddle.

Zealots Field PPR

Traded:

2.05/3.05

Received:

2022 1st

He has the 5th slot in each round this year and had the 4th slot in each round last year, so I feel pretty good that the 2022 will be 1.08 or better, maybe much better.  The 2.05 and 3.05 are his first 2 picks this year.  His only 2 RBs are Barkley and Akers; his only 2 good WRs are AJ Brown and Golliday.

I didn't think I really needed the picks I traded as I have the 1.04 and 1.07 picks.

Zealots Field PPR

Traded:

2.05/3.05

Received:

2022 1st
I had to deal three 2nds and more, with pick 14 as the earliest 2nd, to get a future 1st.

The offer was laughed at by like 7 guys until one actually accepted after he countered and had me add more.

I had thought the days of picking up a future 1st for one 2nd were over.  Guess not

Last edited by a moderator:
A guy just asked me what I want for Gabriel Davis, I said a 1st or no deal. 
This one appeared out of thin air. More and more folks are up against it. He gave me a list of 6 players he was planning on cutting and said pick two. Original offer was Davis and J Wilson but I took Kirk. 

Cheap for Gabriel Davis.
As he should be, I don't get the Gabriel Davis love around here and I actually own him in a league.. He's young and showed some stuff at times but I think he'll be the 4th best WR on his own team next year. Basically like a Michael Gallup, only a little more buried and not a year away from unpiling.

Zealots Field PPR

Traded:

2.05/3.05

Received:

2022 1st

He has the 5th slot in each round this year and had the 4th slot in each round last year, so I feel pretty good that the 2022 will be 1.08 or better, maybe much better.  The 2.05 and 3.05 are his first 2 picks this year.  His only 2 RBs are Barkley and Akers; his only 2 good WRs are AJ Brown and Golliday.

I didn't think I really needed the picks I traded as I have the 1.04 and 1.07 picks.
1st, no brainer imo.

As he should be
Yeah he is the reason behind the deal and I've been buying low everywhere but he hasn't emerged just yet. The Sanders signing did give me pause. He is a solid vet and they didn't bring him in to play ST. In most of these deals I am paying similar prices on teams that need young WRs with upside. But he hasn't hit yet. 

I think he'll be the 4th best WR on his own team next year. 
That seems like worst case to me. I see him as the unquestioned #2 (at the moment) but that it is probably pretty watered down by Sanders and Beasley with Diggs not being anything like 1a but rather just 1. Davis ceiling is a 2 with Sanders/Beasley being 3a/3b. 

I do agree he shouldn't be that expensive though. Tiebreaker for me goes to the 2nd year WR = FF cheat code principle and also the notion that Buffalo seems to want to throw the ball a ton. 

That seems like worst case to me. I see him as the unquestioned #2 (at the moment) but that it is probably pretty watered down by Sanders and Beasley with Diggs not being anything like 1a but rather just 1. Davis ceiling is a 2 with Sanders/Beasley being 3a/3b. 
I for sure think Beasley owns the slot and Sanders is still better, at least on GM even called Sanders the best signing of the FA period. Don't think they threw $6M at Sanders in a watered down FA period to be the #4.

I for sure think Beasley owns the slot and Sanders is still better, at least on GM even called Sanders the best signing of the FA period. Don't think they threw $6M at Sanders in a watered down FA period to be the #4.
Well they're all going to be on the field at the same time a lot and Sanders makes them better. I had been hoping for a possible 1a1b situation with Diggs until Sanders came into the picture. I have bumped Davis down a bit. 

As he should be, I don't get the Gabriel Davis love around here and I actually own him in a league.. He's young and showed some stuff at times but I think he'll be the 4th best WR on his own team next year. Basically like a Michael Gallup, only a little more buried and not a year away from unpiling.
Who are the 2 WR’s they are drafting next month?

Kidding aside, they may be short-term blocks to playing time but Sanders will be 35 and Beasley will be 33 next season.

Who are the 2 WR’s they are drafting next month?

Kidding aside, they may be short-term blocks to playing time but Sanders will be 35 and Beasley will be 33 next season.
Yes they are short term blocks but they are blocks and I did not see enough from Davis to make think he's worth holding if someone is giving me a solid second.

I brought up Gallup earlier and will again. Similar players to me, both in roster/target crunch with hopes of eventually clearing out more of a role. I like Gallup more, he's shown more, I'd break my computer accepting a first round pick for Gallup right now. I just don't think Davis should be valued as anything more then a late second, and with tight rosters that's more then I'd pay now.

But one of the reasons why I like this thread is I'm now trying to shop Davis on a team I consider him my WR6, I legit had no idea people were that high on him.

On that particular squad G Davis is now my WR5 (assuming Fuller doesn't do much in Miami which I could be wrong about). Purely depth speculative play on my part and looking to promote him if he does well and if I find a buyer for Julio or Evans this year (my WR3 and WR4).

In SF most weeks I will only be starting 3 WRs at most. With Gibson, Zeke and a high draft pick that I hope hits at RB, along with Fournette, even in weeks where I don't have a 2nd QB to start in the superflex spot, I would still probably roll with either RB3, WR3 or the lesser of Evans/Julio before trotting Davis out there.

But I'd rather he hits on my roster than someone else's when my guys are getting older. Cheap 2nd year WRs that flashed their rookie season should be targets for everyone. If you can get them. I'm with Zyphros in that I wouldn't accept less than a 1st. It isn't going to happen but I'm under no obligation to sell. Dude was *teaching* the veterans in preseason last year when he was a fresh rookie during COVID. Then he flashed and won the #2 role. What *isn't* to love? Well the target share apparently. And that is real but Buffalo plans to use him and all of them a lot I should think. Being the 3a/3b (Beasley/Sanders) isn't like the distant #4 that it might be on other offenses. But the 2 isn't so hot either.

Anyway I'm not really hoping for a lot but at these prices I can't say no.

I brought up Gallup earlier and will again.

I legit had no idea people were that high on him.
Yeah I was thinking about your Dallas comp and I think it is the closest. But I would definitely consider Amari and Lamb to be the 1a1b with Gallup more of a distant 3rd, but in a high powered offense. I really think Diggs is more of a pure alpha in Buffalo in terms of the share.

But so far what I've seen is people either don't care about Davis whatsoever or they love him. If you don't want him yeah you should definitely shop him. I have absolutely been shut down by owners in other leagues whereas I've also bought him for peanuts.

Yeah I was thinking about your Dallas comp and I think it is the closest. But I would definitely consider Amari and Lamb to be the 1a1b with Gallup more of a distant 3rd, but in a high powered offense.
Yeah I don't see it that way, Gallup got 4 less targets then Lamb and were in Dallas you have 2 WR's to contend with I think  Davis has to contend with 3. Injuries will likely determine this but I would feel good right now predicting Gallup has a bigger role then Davis next year.

Yeah I don't see it that way, Gallup got 4 less targets then Lamb and were in Dallas you have 2 WR's to contend with I think  Davis has to contend with 3. Injuries will likely determine this but I would feel good right now predicting Gallup has a bigger role then Davis next year.
Yeah I can see it. I disagree a little but I can see it. Even if I turned out to be right (without injuries) I can't imagine it being by much. It is a very close comp really. But I think Lamb should be expected to carve a bigger share than what he had last year and that it would come more at Gallups expense than Coopers. Davis should also be expected to carve a bigger role than what he had as rookie but I do agree he has more to contend with than Gallup. Beasley and Sanders will both be relevant on the field. 

So who are the guys I didn't know there was a market for that I should be trying to sell?

So who are the guys I didn't know there was a market for that I should be trying to sell?
Bowden, lol.

For me most of the time I see players the market values more then me I don't own the player, which makes sense. It's a bit more rare to have a player I actually own that the market is considerably higher on then me and those are the situations that usually get my attention.

I distinctly recall this thread helping me a few years ago when I owned Tyrell Williams coming off his solid 2016 season. I was not that high on him but felt obligated to keep him and then saw trades and discussion for him here and ended up turning him into a future first and I would never have made that offer without this thread because I did not know he held that kind of value. This thread can offer real benefit at times in seeing market prices for players, some higher or lower then you might have them. Easily to me the most useful thread on this forum.

10 team, ppr, 2QB.

Team A received: Watson

Team B received: Dimes, 2.01, 22 1st (mid or late), 22 3rd

I'm team A, in a total rebuild, dimes was my only starting qb. I still have 1.06, 2.02, 2.05, 2.07, 2.08. and still have four 22 firsts and three 23 firsts left to keep working on my rebuild. felt i could gamble on watson's career though admittedly there's a chance i just bought a dead asset.

10 team, ppr, 2QB.

I'm team A, in a total rebuild, dimes was my only starting qb. I still have 1.06, 2.02, 2.05, 2.07, 2.08. and still have four 22 firsts and three 23 firsts left to keep working on my rebuild. felt i could gamble on watson's career though admittedly there's a chance i just bought a dead asset.
Worth the gamble imo. Jones sucks, there’s a chance he’s not even a starting QB in the league next year. 

10 team, ppr, 2QB.

Hmmm. Not much of a discount on Watson

JoeJoe88 said:
In 2QB? That’s a heck of a discount. 
At a glance you paid in the range of three late firsts for Watson. For reference a poster five minutes ago traded his Watson for one late first. 

At a glance you paid in the range of three late firsts for Watson. For reference a poster five minutes ago traded his Watson for one late first. 
Yeah and we have no idea what the format of that league is. We know for sure the trade about is 2QB, where a player like Watson is easily worth more than a Daniel Jones who’s days as a starter may be numbered, the 2.01 and a 22’ 1st that could be anywhere. Even with what’s riding over Watsons head at the moment, I’d gladly pay that. 

Users who are viewing this thread