Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

7 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

My thoughts are with all these early-mid first rounders already in your pocket I personally don’t see the need to move into that tier (top 8 for me) for the 5th time when the 1.12 will still yield a solid player (maybe even Lawrence - depending on your league)

my move with four top 8 picks already would have probably been to move the 1.12 on the clock for a future 1st (maybe +) while also keeping my own future 1st. But there are a thousand ways to run a dynasty organization. 

Because I believe at 1.7 I will get an elite player - whereas at 1.12 it's just a "solid" player. There's a big difference between Jaylen Waddle and Terrace Marshall/Kenneth Gainwell for example.

IMO dynasty players, especially in big roster Zealots leagues, worry too much about acquiring depth talent.

There's still only so many starters you submit on a week-to-week basis - and until you have that figured out there's no reason to be concerned about depth. IOW I like to treat my starting lineup like its redraft and then worry about the dynasty component of my depth. 

Well, since you own so many picks ahead of pick 7, chances are pick 7 will be your 7th ranked player.  Nobody is going to "fall" to you at that pick since you are making the picks right before it.

As long as the future 1st looks late the trade is ok, but not the kind of move I would look to do, especially since you plan to take Lawrence at 7 or 8.  

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Because I believe at 1.7 I will get an elite player - whereas at 1.12 it's just a "solid" player. There's a big difference between Jaylen Waddle and Terrace Marshall/Kenneth Gainwell for example.

IMO dynasty players, especially in big roster Zealots leagues, worry too much about acquiring depth talent.

There's still only so many starters you submit on a week-to-week basis - and until you have that figured out there's no reason to be concerned about depth. IOW I like to treat my starting lineup like its redraft and then worry about the dynasty component of my depth. 

That’s just the point. The 5th player you draft this year would literally be a depth pick on your roster. The ability to have two 2022 1st could potentially yield great draft capital on its own next year or could be combined for a top 1-3 pick and a ‘stud’ if that’s what you value the most. It takes some patience to play the long game which can be hard to do this time of year but sometimes it can yield the best value.

2 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

That’s just the point. The 5th player you draft this year would literally be a depth pick on your roster. The ability to have two 2022 1st could potentially yield great draft capital on its own next year or could be combined for a top 1-3 pick and a ‘stud’ if that’s what you value the most. It takes some patience to play the long game which can be hard to do this time of year but sometimes it can yield the best value.

The point is, no he won't. He'll be a starter. I think you're selling the top eight players this year a bit short.

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I actually agree 100% and approach my teams the same way.

I think a 1st rounder is required to make the jump you did in any format this year, IDK Zealots format, but if you want to get top talent you have to *get* top talent. There does *seem* to be a pretty big break between those picks. That seems to be close to the going rate. I've been trying to make similar moves but my preference is to move my roster cloggers who still hold value, like Golladay, C Davis, Drake, etc., to make those kinds of tier jumps there. Maybe add a 2nd to whichever player you might put in that category from your roster. Something to put the offer over the top with some upside cheaper piece coming back to you as well, in a perfect world.

FFPC Superflex not involved

Team A gives 1.08, Hurst, Mack
Team B gives Goff, Deebo, Drake, 2.05, 2.12

I can't decide which side is killing who here. I feel like no matter what it isn't close. It is either hot garbage for the 1.08 or it is a terrible overpay. I'm torn.

Edited by barackdhouse
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The point is, no he won't. He'll be a starter. I think you're selling the top eight players this year a bit short.

If he’s going to be a starter you literally have only a few good skill position players currently rostered, which makes the long game an even smarter play. If all these rookies are slotted in as instant starters you might project to have an early 1st in 2022, which makes trading it away questionable...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC Superflex not involved

Team A gives 1.08, Hurst, Mack
Team B gives Goff, Deebo, Drake, 2.05, 2.12

I can't decide which side is killing who here. I feel like no matter what it isn't close. It is either hot garbage for the 1.08 or it is a terrible overpay. I'm torn.

Team A then gave Gesicki, Deebo, 2.05, 2.12 and Vaughn
Team C gave Waller

So......1.08, Hurst, Gesicki, Vaughn, Mack

for Waller, Goff, Drake

I like it a lot. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

If he’s going to be a starter you literally have only a few good skill position players currently rostered, which makes the long game an even smarter play. If all these rookies are slotted in as instant starters you might project to have an early 1st in 2022, which makes trading it away questionable...

I disagree. It makes it even more important to get good players when you see the chance.

I think most players are hoping they can get a fantasy starter in the first.

I liken this to politics. Given a choice between the hypothetical candidate A versus the known quantity B in office, people normally vote for A. That's because people view the future in the best light possible.

The way I see it (and things could get wonky, I know, if guys don't follow the pattern) I'll end up with a draft of

Ja'Marr Chase

One of the RBs

One of Waddle/Smith

Lawrence

Pitts or maybe Bateman

Couple them with Chubb and Tee Higgins and I'm feeling pretty good about things.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

6 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

What are the odds the top 7 continue to look like the top 7 after the draft?

My take is not very high but I would say it held from last year at this time, in fact my top 8 from last March held exactly.

But I still think the smart bet is it does not hold but I also think it has a better chance of being a big 8 then a big 6 when all is said and done so still see a lot of merit for wanting to be in that range of the draft.

10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

IMO dynasty players, especially in big roster Zealots leagues, worry too much about acquiring depth talent

I'm in Zealots, and depth is always job one to me.  If I have enough depth, the starting lineup takes care of itself.  I'm a grinder I guess.

29 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

What are the odds the top 7 continue to look like the top 7 after the draft?

Inevitably guys go to bad spots while other guys go to good spots, or guys either go way earlier or way later than expected

Draft talent over situation because talent changes situation and perfect situation doesn't always compensate for okay talent.

Just some examples OTTOMH...Dobbins, Akers, and to a certain extent Taylor went to crowded situations - but talent won out. Jefferson went to a run first offense. Herbert was supposedly going to sit behind Tyrod (weird circumstances there I know, but he'd have won the job).

Conversely Jacobs and CEH are both good, not great, talents that went to great situations and...eh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Draft talent over situation because talent changes situation and perfect situation doesn't always compensate for okay talent.

Just some examples OTTOMH...Dobbins, Akers, and to a certain extent Taylor went to crowded situations - but talent won out. Jefferson went to a run first offense. Herbert was supposedly going to sit behind Tyrod (weird circumstances there I know, but he'd have won the job).

Conversely Jacobs and CEH are both good, not great, talents that went to great situations and...eh.

Yes true, but prior to the NFL draft do we have a super clear picture of what the talent order is?  

Obviously the draft isnt everything, but if gainwell goes round 1 and waddle goes round 4, is waddle still a sure top 7 and gainwell late 1st?

Edited by ghostguy123

Just now, ghostguy123 said:

Yes true, but prior to the NFL draft do we have a super clear picture of what the talent order is?  

I don't know what you mean by "order" but we know what the pool is. And since I think the top eight guys (by talent) all have a chance to be special, that's why I want as many of that pool as possible - five of eight so far.

FFPC

I traded: 3.01 and 2022 3rd

I got: Zack Moss

Figured Moss was good for a shot at this price. I do still have to find 7 cuts in this league though. I'm a top contender here but Josh Jacobs at my RB3 was making me nervous. He's still my RB3 until proven otherwise, but at least I have a backup plan in Moss.

43 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC

Figured Moss was good for a shot at this price. I do still have to find 7 cuts in this league though. I'm a top contender here but Josh Jacobs at my RB3 was making me nervous. He's still my RB3 until proven otherwise, but at least I have a backup plan in Moss.

Moss is my RB3 in dynasty as well(well, hum and Jamaal Williams), and I’m okay with that. I like him. Obviously we have to fade a high draft capital RB but he was starting to supplant Singletary before the injury. I think he can be solid if he just gets the opportunity and can stay on the field. 

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I don't know what you mean by "order" but we know what the pool is. And since I think the top eight guys (by talent) all have a chance to be special, that's why I want as many of that pool as possible - five of eight so far.

But do we really know what the top 8 talent guys are. We are just dorks on a message board. If the draft goes differently than what we all think it should, there’s a good chance we are wrong in our talent evals.

2 minutes ago, kutta said:

But do we really know what the top 8 talent guys are. We are just dorks on a message board. If the draft goes differently than what we all think it should, there’s a good chance we are wrong in our talent evals.

I suppose we could have followed the Raiders lead and taken Ruggs first. They're the professionals, right?

Nobody knows. That's true. But we should know who we prefer.

Zealots Field PPR league

Traded:

1.08/2.09

Received:

1.07/4.07

Reasoning - I feel the higher I move up in the draft, the better player I get.  This gives me the 1.04 and 1.07 (and other later) picks.  I would guess the first 6 picks will be (in no particular order) Harris, Etienne, Chase, Smith, Waddle and Pitts/Williams/Lawrence.  Pretty sure I was not looking to take Lawrence at 1.08, so I'm good with whomever is left of the other 7 guys.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field PPR league

Traded:

1.08/2.09

Received:

1.07/4.07

Reasoning - I feel the higher I move up in the draft, the better player I get.  This gives me the 1.04 and 1.07 (and other later) picks.  I would guess the first 6 picks will be (in no particular order) Harris, Etienne, Chase, Smith, Waddle and Pitts/Williams/Lawrence.  Pretty sure I was not looking to take Lawrence at 1.08, so I'm good with whomever is left of the other 7 guys.

I'm with you on that evaluation. Depending on if you need Lawrence or not, there's that tier break at 7 or 8 (at least to me and sounds like to you as well). It's a small price to pay to move up for that spot to me, love the move. 2.09 is negligible. 

I will say it depends on your team though. If you're a competitior this makes total sense. Get the better prospect on your board, and help you win. If you're a rebuilding team, I don't think it makes much sense. 

13 minutes ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field PPR league

Traded:

1.08/2.09

Received:

1.07/4.07

You're more likely to get Waddle than Williams at 1.7.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC

Nice move.  I agree good price for young RB on high running offense.  I offered 2.10 for Moss and was shot down.  

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

You're more likely to get Waddle than Williams at 1.7.

In a PPR?  Huh!  Ok, let's drill down.  Picks 1-3 will almost certainly be Harris, Etienne and Chase.  I would have to think the next 3 picks would likely be Smith/Waddle/Williams (someone always needs RB), leaving Pitts/Lawrence at 1.07/1.08.

From what I've seen over the years, TE just takes too long to develop and (especially in Zealots leagues) QB almost never goes high, unless it's Superflex/2QB.

14 hours ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC

Sounds like you have some tough cuts to make. Did you try and package one of the potential cuts for Moss?

1 hour ago, Spike said:

In a PPR?  Huh!  Ok, let's drill down.  Picks 1-3 will almost certainly be Harris, Etienne and Chase.  I would have to think the next 3 picks would likely be Smith/Waddle/Williams (someone always needs RB), leaving Pitts/Lawrence at 1.07/1.08.

From what I've seen over the years, TE just takes too long to develop and (especially in Zealots leagues) QB almost never goes high, unless it's Superflex/2QB.

Some prefer Bateman over Waddle.  I see the majority of non-sf drafts going Harris, Etienne (even though I don’t agree with it), Chase, Williams, Smith (even though I don’t agree with it), Pitts, Lawrence, Waddle, Bateman, or Bateman, Waddle.

• Thinking 1

47 minutes ago, menobrown said:

FFPC, not involved. pretty sure I know consensus opinion:

Team A gave: Cam Akers

Team B gave: 1.7, 1.11 and 2022#2

I think someone got calculatored.

But 5 + 2 + 1 is not that close to 9.

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

FFPC, not involved. pretty sure I know consensus opinion:

Team A gave: Cam Akers

Team B gave: 1.7, 1.11 and 2022#2

Akers easily - but I’m higher on Akers than most.

2 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC superflex

I gave Gaskin, 2022 3rd

I got Gabriel Davis, Kirk

2 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Cheap for Gabriel Davis.

A guy just asked me what I want for Gabriel Davis, I said a 1st or no deal. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC regular, my worst orphan

I gave 3.01, 2022 2nd
I got 2.07, Edwards

Nice ROI!

I like Edwards long term value. The injury allowed most to bypass him this off-season.

Zealots Field PPR

Traded:

2.05/3.05

Received:

2022 1st

He has the 5th slot in each round this year and had the 4th slot in each round last year, so I feel pretty good that the 2022 will be 1.08 or better, maybe much better.  The 2.05 and 3.05 are his first 2 picks this year.  His only 2 RBs are Barkley and Akers; his only 2 good WRs are AJ Brown and Golliday.

I didn't think I really needed the picks I traded as I have the 1.04 and 1.07 picks.

46 minutes ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field PPR

Traded:

2.05/3.05

Received:

2022 1st

I had to deal three 2nds and more, with pick 14 as the earliest 2nd, to get a future 1st.

The offer was laughed at by like 7 guys until one actually accepted after he countered and had me add more.

I had thought the days of picking up a future 1st for one 2nd were over.  Guess not

Edited by ghostguy123

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

A guy just asked me what I want for Gabriel Davis, I said a 1st or no deal. 

This one appeared out of thin air. More and more folks are up against it. He gave me a list of 6 players he was planning on cutting and said pick two. Original offer was Davis and J Wilson but I took Kirk. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Cheap for Gabriel Davis.

As he should be, I don't get the Gabriel Davis love around here and I actually own him in a league.. He's young and showed some stuff at times but I think he'll be the 4th best WR on his own team next year. Basically like a Michael Gallup, only a little more buried and not a year away from unpiling.

Edited by menobrown

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Zealots Field PPR

Traded:

2.05/3.05

Received:

2022 1st

He has the 5th slot in each round this year and had the 4th slot in each round last year, so I feel pretty good that the 2022 will be 1.08 or better, maybe much better.  The 2.05 and 3.05 are his first 2 picks this year.  His only 2 RBs are Barkley and Akers; his only 2 good WRs are AJ Brown and Golliday.

I didn't think I really needed the picks I traded as I have the 1.04 and 1.07 picks.

1st, no brainer imo.

2 minutes ago, menobrown said:

As he should be

Yeah he is the reason behind the deal and I've been buying low everywhere but he hasn't emerged just yet. The Sanders signing did give me pause. He is a solid vet and they didn't bring him in to play ST. In most of these deals I am paying similar prices on teams that need young WRs with upside. But he hasn't hit yet. 

15 hours ago, menobrown said:

I think he'll be the 4th best WR on his own team next year. 

That seems like worst case to me. I see him as the unquestioned #2 (at the moment) but that it is probably pretty watered down by Sanders and Beasley with Diggs not being anything like 1a but rather just 1. Davis ceiling is a 2 with Sanders/Beasley being 3a/3b. 

I do agree he shouldn't be that expensive though. Tiebreaker for me goes to the 2nd year WR = FF cheat code principle and also the notion that Buffalo seems to want to throw the ball a ton. 

Edited by barackdhouse

3 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

That seems like worst case to me. I see him as the unquestioned #2 (at the moment) but that it is probably pretty watered down by Sanders and Beasley with Diggs not being anything like 1a but rather just 1. Davis ceiling is a 2 with Sanders/Beasley being 3a/3b. 

I for sure think Beasley owns the slot and Sanders is still better, at least on GM even called Sanders the best signing of the FA period. Don't think they threw $6M at Sanders in a watered down FA period to be the #4.

4 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I for sure think Beasley owns the slot and Sanders is still better, at least on GM even called Sanders the best signing of the FA period. Don't think they threw $6M at Sanders in a watered down FA period to be the #4.

Well they're all going to be on the field at the same time a lot and Sanders makes them better. I had been hoping for a possible 1a1b situation with Diggs until Sanders came into the picture. I have bumped Davis down a bit. 

12 hours ago, roarlions said:

12 team PPR league

Gave Rodgers and Michael Thomas

Got Stafford, 2021 rookie picks 6 and 15

Would much rather have Rodgers and Thomas.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, menobrown said:

As he should be, I don't get the Gabriel Davis love around here and I actually own him in a league.. He's young and showed some stuff at times but I think he'll be the 4th best WR on his own team next year. Basically like a Michael Gallup, only a little more buried and not a year away from unpiling.

Who are the 2 WR’s they are drafting next month?

Kidding aside, they may be short-term blocks to playing time but Sanders will be 35 and Beasley will be 33 next season.

3 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Who are the 2 WR’s they are drafting next month?

Kidding aside, they may be short-term blocks to playing time but Sanders will be 35 and Beasley will be 33 next season.

Yes they are short term blocks but they are blocks and I did not see enough from Davis to make think he's worth holding if someone is giving me a solid second.

I brought up Gallup earlier and will again. Similar players to me, both in roster/target crunch with hopes of eventually clearing out more of a role. I like Gallup more, he's shown more, I'd break my computer accepting a first round pick for Gallup right now. I just don't think Davis should be valued as anything more then a late second, and with tight rosters that's more then I'd pay now.

But one of the reasons why I like this thread is I'm now trying to shop Davis on a team I consider him my WR6, I legit had no idea people were that high on him.

• Like 1

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****