What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

12-team dynasty SF PPR

I’m light on RB, heavy on WR.

offer on the table of my Allen Robinson & 3.12 for his Chase Edmonds + Laviska

smash accept? 

Last edited by a moderator:
12-team dynasty SF PPR

I’m light on RB, heavy on WR.

offer on the table of my Allen Robinson & 3.12 for his Chase Edmonds + Laviska

smash accept? 
My two cents: That's a tough one. Chase Edmonds -- and I say this a guy rostering him and hoping for the best -- is not likely AZ's full-time back when the season comes around. On his own team he has feature back competition from Eno Benjamin and UDFA Johnathan Ward. They might draft somebody. Sigmund Bloom doesn't necessarily think this is the case, but other people are not as confident in that. They point to his usage when Drake was there. Drake was actually a bit of a workhorse. Edmonds didn't get a ton of usage despite his point total from last year, which was touchdown-dependent (I know. I had to play him at times in a deep league). So beware. As for Shenault, he and Chark, Jones, and a likely rookie WR are a lot of mouths to feed in JAX, though most fantasy sites list Shenault as an offseason winner due to Lawrence. Where do the targets and touches come from with that many guys around?

So, caveat emptor. It's not a smash accept to me. I might rather have Robinson with Dalton than those two. I think you get starter points out of Robinson, with Edmonds and Shenault, it's a coin flip.

My two cents: That's a tough one. Chase Edmonds -- and I say this a guy rostering him and hoping for the best -- is not likely AZ's full-time back when the season comes around. On his own team he has feature back competition from Eno Benjamin and UDFA Johnathan Ward. They might draft somebody. Sigmund Bloom doesn't necessarily think this is the case, but other people are not as confident in that. They point to his usage when Drake was there. Drake was actually a bit of a workhorse. Edmonds didn't get a ton of usage despite his point total from last year, which was touchdown-dependent (I know. I had to play him at times in a deep league). So beware. As for Shenault, he and Chark, Jones, and a likely rookie WR are a lot of mouths to feed in JAX, though most fantasy sites list Shenault as an offseason winner due to Lawrence. Where do the targets and touches come from with that many guys around?

So, caveat emptor. It's not a smash accept to me. I might rather have Robinson with Dalton than those two. I think you get starter points out of Robinson, with Edmonds and Shenault, it's a coin flip.
Appreciate the response. I kinda agree. That’s why i’m on the fence.

With Edmonds & Shenault though I get younger with a player I’m excited about (Shenault) and a serviceable RB

I basically have Carson. Ronald Jones.& a bunch of rags led by Sony Michel. 🤢 

Suits more a need for bodies on a team without much of a draft. My starting lineup is good but I have zero depth.  

ETA: if Edmonds is the starter as the coach intimates, this could be a good get. At worst he’s likely PPR flex, no? 

ETA: if Edmonds is the starter as the coach intimates, this could be a good get. At worst he’s likely PPR flex, no? 
That's what I was getting at with his usage while Drake was there. I didn't say everything I could have said because of time and interest constraints. But now since you asked and responded, I had segued into his usage with Drake without making it specific. I don't think Edmonds is that flex-worthy. He wasn't used as much as we think, and he was touchdown-dependent in terms of his points. A lot of them came from passes within the red zone on third downs, and I don't think that is sustainable. Drake was in there as a goal line back quite a bit, despite Kingsbury proclaiming that he wanted Drake to hit between the tackles more. Put it this way: If Drake isn't a short yardage guy but was in there on short yardage all the time (check out advanced stats on this if you can, I don't have access to ESPN+ anymore regarding touchdown opportunities) last year, what's that say about Edmonds? He wasn't getting any cheap one-yard runs. At all. So there's really sustainability to be considered when you take on Edmonds and hope for points.

And he's on my main dynasty team, so I paid acute attention to this sort of stuff. Lots o' time on the ole hands this past year. 

But that's what I can say about that. The rest of Shenault and the deal has to be your discretion and you seem to like his youth and upside. I usually err on that side, too, but it burned me the past year and I'm rethinking my stance on points vs. future endeavors when it comes to these guys. So you're also catching me on that tip.

If Edmonds winds up a starter, then it's a slam dunk. But tell me this: Did you get an offer for a starting RB and young WR for Robinson, or did you get a guy thinking he's selling at peak value before the draft? You know what I'm sayin'? Anyway, best of luck, mang.

If Edmonds winds up a starter, then it's a slam dunk. But tell me this: Did you get an offer for a starting RB and young WR for Robinson, or did you get a guy thinking he's selling at peak value before the draft? You know what I'm sayin'? Anyway, best of luck, mang.
Oh I have no illusions there - I feel like I’m paying for Sheanult & getting Edmonds to balance it. It just so happens I’m in need of RB depth. 

I also fear aging out as all my WRs are 27-28

maybe I’ll stand pat & deal if one of my starters goes down. :shrug:  Fournette re-signing didn’t help. 

Oh I have no illusions there - I feel like I’m paying for Sheanult & getting Edmonds to balance it. It just so happens I’m in need of RB depth. 

I also fear aging out as all my WRs are 27-28

maybe I’ll stand pat & deal if one of my starters goes down. :shrug:  Fournette re-signing didn’t help. 
Yeah, I'm staying away from advising you about the trade. It might be a really good thing given your roster. I just want you to be fully informed about Edmonds and his usage.

Best of luck. 

Yeah, I'm staying away from advising you about the trade. It might be a really good thing given your roster. I just want you to be fully informed about Edmonds and his usage.

Best of luck. 
Your advice actually helped. I wasn’t looking at Edmonds floor if they draft a RB.

And ARob’s ceiling does seem like it could be significantly higher with Dalton.

Getting younger is nice, but if I’m dealing ARob & need a EB, I should get a good EB & a WR to balance it, not the other way around. 

thanks for lending perspective - got me thinking about it from alternate angles. 

Your advice actually helped. I wasn’t looking at Edmonds floor if they draft a RB.

And ARob’s ceiling does seem like it could be significantly higher with Dalton.

Getting younger is nice, but if I’m dealing ARob & need a EB, I should get a good EB & a WR to balance it, not the other way around. 

thanks for lending perspective - got me thinking about it from alternate angles. 
No sweat. If Edmonds blows up and becomes an RB1, you know who to kick on the board if he says that Edmonds was and is always going to be a three-down back in that Cardinals offense.

Allen Robinson over Edmonds and Shanault all the way. Easily for me.
Speaking of Robinson, just went down in FFPC

i got: Lamb, Diontae Johnson, Gallup

i gave: Allen Robinson, 1.05

trying to get younger and I prefer using my picks on known NFL production. I try to punt all my picks for current NFL players- this is just another example of that. 

trying to get younger and I prefer using my picks on known NFL production. I try to punt all my picks for current NFL players- this is just another example of that. 
Wow. I have 1.05 as right after a tier break, to me. Good pull, IMO. I think it's a good pull regardless of tier break. I mean, it's a fair trade, but I think it's in your favor.

That’s insane.
Lamb >>> AR
DJ => 1.5
Gallup free 

That’s insane.
Lamb >>> AR
DJ => 1.5
Gallup free 
Yeah I don't get it. Lamb is borderline WR1 in dynasty. I think some people have him there already. I can't sell Arob even though he supposedly has a ton of value, if this deal is any indication. I'd put DJ over the mystery of where Smith or Waddle lands at 1.05. If you get lucky and one of the top 3 RBs falls there then I'd like it a lot more.

The one thing I'll say and I don't think it should be too big of a factor is dude cleared two roster spots. And IMO Gallup is a roster clogger in FFPC. Easily replaceable. But if I thought I had room before cuts and could get this deal, it wouldn't stop me in the least. As a throw in you can do a lot worse than Gallup.

awful trade in of my PPR dynasty leagues. 

Team A gets: Taylor

Team B gets: LATE 2022 1st and Montgomery (who's value has only gone down with William's signing and Cohen returning this year) 

Anyone ever seen Taylor moved that cheap?  :wall:

Team B gets: LATE 2022 1st and Montgomery (who's value has only gone down with William's signing and Cohen returning this year) 

Terrible deal. Taylor is about the most valuable thing going in dynasty fantasy football right now.

Is Team B on suicide watch this morning?  Or is he so oblivious to the situation to be on suicide watch?

Is Team B on suicide watch this morning?  Or is he so oblivious to the situation to be on suicide watch?
Same 2 owners did a similar trade several weeks ago in another one of my leagues, maybe not QUITE as bad but still lopsided. Same guy gave up Taylor for James Robinson and a late 1st....ughh 

FFPC a couple small trades for teams I have room and need depth with upside:

1 QB I gave 2.10 I got Gabriel Davis
SF I gave 3.01 I got Van Jefferson

FFPC not involved:

1 QB:

Team A gave J Meyers, 2022 4th
Team B got Corey Davis

SF:

Team A gave Matt Ryan, Newton
Team B gave Garopollo, 2.04, 2.11, two 2022 2nds

That is a free Corey Davis and a haul of good picks for Ryan and yes Cam is still tradeable in SF. 

FFPC not involved:

1 QB:

Team B got Corey Davis

SF:

Team A gave Matt Ryan, Newton
Team B gave Garopollo, 2.04, 2.11, two 2022 2nds

That is a free Corey Davis and a haul of good picks for Ryan and yes Cam is still tradeable in SF. 
First trade give me Gabriel

Second trade = meh

Third trade give me the picks and it isn't close.

That’s insane.
Lamb >>> AR
DJ => 1.5
Gallup free 
My first thought when I looked at before I saw your post:

Lamb=1.5

Robinson=DJ

Same conclusion=Free Gallup

But Gallup is not super valuable either so I don't see this as some big time lopsided trade as most of you do. A win though.

Second trade = meh
Second trade is lopsided as anything. Davis was WR 28 in PPR this year. There's your WR3. For nothing. He's a guy who is moving on to the Jets to be their number one guy instead of stuck with Henry and Brown as the alphas in TN. Easy trade to make.

Nice move getting Lamb.  Not free by any means, but I like the move. 

I offered 1.01 & Lockett for Lamb & 1.10 thinking I was offering a reasonable deal...response was "not close" 

I think they see the long term value like many here 

Second trade is lopsided as anything. Davis was WR 28 in PPR this year. There's your WR3. For nothing. He's a guy who is moving on to the Jets to be their number one guy instead of stuck with Henry and Brown as the alphas in TN. Easy trade to make.
I suppose I said meh because I'm not a Davis guy, but I get your post.

FFPC not involved:

1 QB:

Team B got Corey Davis
Davis for 2.10 is about right.

I'd probably rather have 3.1 over Jefferson in SF

Davis is a steal, possibly an impactful one.

Nice move getting Lamb.  Not free by any means, but I like the move. 

I offered 1.01 & Lockett for Lamb & 1.10 thinking I was offering a reasonable deal...response was "not close" 

I think they see the long term value like many here 
Lockett owner is trying to push him on me in various deals for Evans or ARob.  But he won’t part with Swift or Gibson. 

He’s floating Elliott but I’m hesitant to buy Elliott after years of heavy workload & getting burned by him last year in redraft.

I think he offered Lockett & Elliott for Carson, ARob & my 2022 2nd. The value seems like it’s probably there on paper but I’m so trigger shy about acquiring Elliott until I see him in preseason. He was not a joy to own last year. 

FFPC (regular)

1.08 and 2.03 for Aiyuk and 4.11

I gave up the picks.

Not a fan of giving up good picks because it takes some fun out of it but had a little room and trading counterpart is absolutely stacked with lots of top 50-60 overall assets. 

Long time league where I probably have more RB need (who doesn’t) but big fan of Aiyuks talent.

FFPC (regular)

1.08 and 2.03 for Aiyuk and 4.11

I gave up the picks.

Not a fan of giving up good picks because it takes some fun out of it but had a little room and trading counterpart is absolutely stacked with lots of top 50-60 overall assets. 

Long time league where I probably have more RB need (who doesn’t) but big fan of Aiyuks talent.
In the league and agree with everything you said and trade made sense for both sides.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Lockett owner is trying to push him on me in various deals for Evans or ARob.  But he won’t part with Swift or Gibson. 

He’s floating Elliott but I’m hesitant to buy Elliott after years of heavy workload & getting burned by him last year in redraft.

I think he offered Lockett & Elliott for Carson, ARob & my 2022 2nd. The value seems like it’s probably there on paper but I’m so trigger shy about acquiring Elliott until I see him in preseason. He was not a joy to own last year. 
Completely agree!  Zeke has not shown his recovery yet, but I do expect he will be valuable 2021 but only for 2 years.   Giving up A Rob depends on how you see the QB issue in Chi (IMO, Dalton has a good long ball, but not consistent in mid-range targets). If you think J Williams, Cohen & Montgomery will make a RBBC Carousel with more ground game focus, maybe ARob gets fewer targets?  I don't trust Chi Offense to thrive.  

Another big one in FFPC (not superflex)

Nick Chubb, Ceedee Lamb, Chase Edmonds

For

Stefon Diggs, Calvin Ridley, Melvin Gordon, Mike Davis

FFPC SF

I gave Mixon, 3.08, 2022 3rd
I got 1.09, 2022 1st (early)

Deep at RB and this was his counter after I told him a future 2nd and 2.09 wasn't close for Mixon.

FFPC SF

I gave Mixon, 3.08, 2022 3rd
I got 1.09, 2022 1st (early)

Deep at RB and this was his counter after I told him a future 2nd and 2.09 wasn't close for Mixon.
Big difference in his initial asking price and I think it's a great exit when you can afford to give up a RB.

FFPC

acquired McLaurin, 3.04

gave 2022 1st, RoJo and Gus Edwards...

have no RBs and was actually counting on these two, but couldn’t pass up this value on McLaurin and I’ll figure out RBs eventually

What’s at 2.01 that’s worth losing your 2023 1st for? 
In SF that pushes the players to about 1.07 if you are looking for a positional player and not QB (Other team is set at QB with Wilson and Murray, so I assume that was his way of thinking as well).  I traded out of 2.01 for the future 1st in this deal because I am in a major rebuild and trying to accumulate gobs of future picks.

In SF that pushes the players to about 1.07 if you are looking for a positional player and not QB (Other team is set at QB with Wilson and Murray, so I assume that was his way of thinking as well).  I traded out of 2.01 for the future 1st in this deal because I am in a major rebuild and trying to accumulate gobs of future picks.
I’d rather have the future 1st 100 times out of 100. 

Users who are viewing this thread