Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

If Edmonds winds up a starter, then it's a slam dunk. But tell me this: Did you get an offer for a starting RB and young WR for Robinson, or did you get a guy thinking he's selling at peak value before the draft? You know what I'm sayin'? Anyway, best of luck, mang.

Oh I have no illusions there - I feel like I’m paying for Sheanult & getting Edmonds to balance it. It just so happens I’m in need of RB depth. 

I also fear aging out as all my WRs are 27-28

maybe I’ll stand pat & deal if one of my starters goes down. :shrug: Fournette re-signing didn’t help. 

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Oh I have no illusions there - I feel like I’m paying for Sheanult & getting Edmonds to balance it. It just so happens I’m in need of RB depth. 

I also fear aging out as all my WRs are 27-28

maybe I’ll stand pat & deal if one of my starters goes down. :shrug: Fournette re-signing didn’t help. 

Yeah, I'm staying away from advising you about the trade. It might be a really good thing given your roster. I just want you to be fully informed about Edmonds and his usage.

Best of luck. 

2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, I'm staying away from advising you about the trade. It might be a really good thing given your roster. I just want you to be fully informed about Edmonds and his usage.

Best of luck. 

Your advice actually helped. I wasn’t looking at Edmonds floor if they draft a RB.

And ARob’s ceiling does seem like it could be significantly higher with Dalton.

Getting younger is nice, but if I’m dealing ARob & need a EB, I should get a good EB & a WR to balance it, not the other way around. 

thanks for lending perspective - got me thinking about it from alternate angles. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Your advice actually helped. I wasn’t looking at Edmonds floor if they draft a RB.

And ARob’s ceiling does seem like it could be significantly higher with Dalton.

Getting younger is nice, but if I’m dealing ARob & need a EB, I should get a good EB & a WR to balance it, not the other way around. 

thanks for lending perspective - got me thinking about it from alternate angles. 

No sweat. If Edmonds blows up and becomes an RB1, you know who to kick on the board if he says that Edmonds was and is always going to be a three-down back in that Cardinals offense.

• Laughing 1

6 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

Allen Robinson over Edmonds and Shanault all the way. Easily for me.

Speaking of Robinson, just went down in FFPC

i got: Lamb, Diontae Johnson, Gallup

i gave: Allen Robinson, 1.05

trying to get younger and I prefer using my picks on known NFL production. I try to punt all my picks for current NFL players- this is just another example of that. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

trying to get younger and I prefer using my picks on known NFL production. I try to punt all my picks for current NFL players- this is just another example of that. 

Wow. I have 1.05 as right after a tier break, to me. Good pull, IMO. I think it's a good pull regardless of tier break. I mean, it's a fair trade, but I think it's in your favor.

24 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

That’s insane.
Lamb >>> AR
DJ => 1.5
Gallup free 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

Lamb even without getting Johnson

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

That’s insane.
Lamb >>> AR
DJ => 1.5
Gallup free 

Yeah I don't get it. Lamb is borderline WR1 in dynasty. I think some people have him there already. I can't sell Arob even though he supposedly has a ton of value, if this deal is any indication. I'd put DJ over the mystery of where Smith or Waddle lands at 1.05. If you get lucky and one of the top 3 RBs falls there then I'd like it a lot more.

The one thing I'll say and I don't think it should be too big of a factor is dude cleared two roster spots. And IMO Gallup is a roster clogger in FFPC. Easily replaceable. But if I thought I had room before cuts and could get this deal, it wouldn't stop me in the least. As a throw in you can do a lot worse than Gallup.

• Like 1

awful trade in of my PPR dynasty leagues. 

Team A gets: Taylor

Team B gets: LATE 2022 1st and Montgomery (who's value has only gone down with William's signing and Cohen returning this year) 

Anyone ever seen Taylor moved that cheap? :wall:

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Team B gets: LATE 2022 1st and Montgomery (who's value has only gone down with William's signing and Cohen returning this year) 

Terrible deal. Taylor is about the most valuable thing going in dynasty fantasy football right now.

4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Terrible deal. Taylor is about the most valuable thing going in dynasty fantasy football right now.

Yep, and it ruins leagues when you get a top 3 startup player for what, MAYBE a 5th round RB and a late 1st? Just awful....

12 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Is Team B on suicide watch this morning?  Or is he so oblivious to the situation to be on suicide watch?

2 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Is Team B on suicide watch this morning?  Or is he so oblivious to the situation to be on suicide watch?

Same 2 owners did a similar trade several weeks ago in another one of my leagues, maybe not QUITE as bad but still lopsided. Same guy gave up Taylor for James Robinson and a late 1st....ughh 

16 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

*sheepishly gulps*

Yes. Yes I have.

Last season I gave him for Cam and a 2021 1st that turned into 1.05. Which I packaged with Burrow to get Mahomes recently. So IDK. 

• Like 1

FFPC a couple small trades for teams I have room and need depth with upside:

1 QB I gave 2.10 I got Gabriel Davis
SF I gave 3.01 I got Van Jefferson

FFPC not involved:

1 QB:

Team A gave J Meyers, 2022 4th
Team B got Corey Davis

SF:

Team A gave Matt Ryan, Newton
Team B gave Garopollo, 2.04, 2.11, two 2022 2nds

That is a free Corey Davis and a haul of good picks for Ryan and yes Cam is still tradeable in SF. 

3 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC not involved:

1 QB:

Team B got Corey Davis

SF:

Team A gave Matt Ryan, Newton
Team B gave Garopollo, 2.04, 2.11, two 2022 2nds

That is a free Corey Davis and a haul of good picks for Ryan and yes Cam is still tradeable in SF. 

First trade give me Gabriel

Second trade = meh

Third trade give me the picks and it isn't close.

Edited by JohnnyU

2 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

2 hours ago, IHEARTFF said:

That’s insane.
Lamb >>> AR
DJ => 1.5
Gallup free 

My first thought when I looked at before I saw your post:

Lamb=1.5

Robinson=DJ

Same conclusion=Free Gallup

But Gallup is not super valuable either so I don't see this as some big time lopsided trade as most of you do. A win though.

Edited by menobrown

35 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Second trade = meh

Second trade is lopsided as anything. Davis was WR 28 in PPR this year. There's your WR3. For nothing. He's a guy who is moving on to the Jets to be their number one guy instead of stuck with Henry and Brown as the alphas in TN. Easy trade to make.

3 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

Nice move getting Lamb.  Not free by any means, but I like the move. 

I offered 1.01 & Lockett for Lamb & 1.10 thinking I was offering a reasonable deal...response was "not close" 

I think they see the long term value like many here 

29 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Second trade is lopsided as anything. Davis was WR 28 in PPR this year. There's your WR3. For nothing. He's a guy who is moving on to the Jets to be their number one guy instead of stuck with Henry and Brown as the alphas in TN. Easy trade to make.

I suppose I said meh because I'm not a Davis guy, but I get your post.

Edited by JohnnyU

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC not involved:

1 QB:

Team B got Corey Davis

Davis for 2.10 is about right.

I'd probably rather have 3.1 over Jefferson in SF

Davis is a steal, possibly an impactful one.

25 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Nice move getting Lamb.  Not free by any means, but I like the move. 

I offered 1.01 & Lockett for Lamb & 1.10 thinking I was offering a reasonable deal...response was "not close" 

I think they see the long term value like many here 

Lockett owner is trying to push him on me in various deals for Evans or ARob.  But he won’t part with Swift or Gibson. 

He’s floating Elliott but I’m hesitant to buy Elliott after years of heavy workload & getting burned by him last year in redraft.

I think he offered Lockett & Elliott for Carson, ARob & my 2022 2nd. The value seems like it’s probably there on paper but I’m so trigger shy about acquiring Elliott until I see him in preseason. He was not a joy to own last year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I suppose I said meh because I'm not a Davis guy, but I get your post.

Ah, okay. Now I understand. Yeah, I'm not a hardcore Davis guy, either. I just thinks he provides some value, especially at that price.

FFPC (regular)

1.08 and 2.03 for Aiyuk and 4.11

I gave up the picks.

Not a fan of giving up good picks because it takes some fun out of it but had a little room and trading counterpart is absolutely stacked with lots of top 50-60 overall assets. 

Long time league where I probably have more RB need (who doesn’t) but big fan of Aiyuks talent.

1 minute ago, bombjack said:

FFPC (regular)

1.08 and 2.03 for Aiyuk and 4.11

I gave up the picks.

Not a fan of giving up good picks because it takes some fun out of it but had a little room and trading counterpart is absolutely stacked with lots of top 50-60 overall assets. 

Long time league where I probably have more RB need (who doesn’t) but big fan of Aiyuks talent.

In the league and agree with everything you said and trade made sense for both sides.

32 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Lockett owner is trying to push him on me in various deals for Evans or ARob.  But he won’t part with Swift or Gibson. 

He’s floating Elliott but I’m hesitant to buy Elliott after years of heavy workload & getting burned by him last year in redraft.

I think he offered Lockett & Elliott for Carson, ARob & my 2022 2nd. The value seems like it’s probably there on paper but I’m so trigger shy about acquiring Elliott until I see him in preseason. He was not a joy to own last year. 

Completely agree!  Zeke has not shown his recovery yet, but I do expect he will be valuable 2021 but only for 2 years.   Giving up A Rob depends on how you see the QB issue in Chi (IMO, Dalton has a good long ball, but not consistent in mid-range targets). If you think J Williams, Cohen & Montgomery will make a RBBC Carousel with more ground game focus, maybe ARob gets fewer targets?  I don't trust Chi Offense to thrive.  

1 minute ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

I gave Mixon, 3.08, 2022 3rd
I got 1.09, 2022 1st (early)

Deep at RB and this was his counter after I told him a future 2nd and 2.09 wasn't close for Mixon.

I like it well enough for you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

Deep at RB and this was his counter after I told him a future 2nd and 2.09 wasn't close for Mixon.

Big difference in his initial asking price and I think it's a great exit when you can afford to give up a RB.

FFPC

acquired McLaurin, 3.04

gave 2022 1st, RoJo and Gus Edwards...

have no RBs and was actually counting on these two, but couldn’t pass up this value on McLaurin and I’ll figure out RBs eventually

Edited by BigAl21
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

this gets him down to 22 so 6 more to go. but it doesn't look like it should be too tough for him. lots of dead weight. my team could use jones for a 3rd I mean he didn't shop it at all.

Aaaaand then he bought Jared Cook from me for 4.02 and he is up to 23

• Thinking 1

5 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

What’s at 2.01 that’s worth losing your 2023 1st for? 

In SF that pushes the players to about 1.07 if you are looking for a positional player and not QB (Other team is set at QB with Wilson and Murray, so I assume that was his way of thinking as well).  I traded out of 2.01 for the future 1st in this deal because I am in a major rebuild and trying to accumulate gobs of future picks.

11 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

In SF that pushes the players to about 1.07 if you are looking for a positional player and not QB (Other team is set at QB with Wilson and Murray, so I assume that was his way of thinking as well).  I traded out of 2.01 for the future 1st in this deal because I am in a major rebuild and trying to accumulate gobs of future picks.

I’d rather have the future 1st 100 times out of 100. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bro1ncos said:

10 team PPR SF

Team 1 - 1.01

Team 2 - Antonio Gibson and Parris Campbell 

Lordy - unless I’m desperate for Lawrence, gimme the Gibson/Campbell side. 

That makes me wonder if Team 2 couldn’t have just dealt that package for a good established QB. 

16 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC SF

Here is a good lesson in fantasy relations. You could have responded with something snarky because 2.09/future 2 is a pretty bad offer, and that may have put the guy off. Sometimes a bad starting offer is simply that and keeping that door open is always a good idea. Even if someone bombards you with stupid offers year after year they’re bound to send something stupid you actually like.

• Like 4

I’ve been hunting for big fish the past few days before cut downs

Just landed another big time WR in FFPC

got AJ Brown

gave Evan Engram, Mike Williams, Juju, Gabe Davis

now I have to find some roster fillers for cheap before cut down but I’m happy with the deal

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Even if someone bombards you with stupid offers year after year they’re bound to send something stupid you actually like.

I see this all too often.  Someone makes fairly frequent terrible offers, and then all of a sudden they make a terrible trade that is NOT in their favor.  

• Like 2

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****