What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

Spike said:
Well, the other guy had his reasons for the trade and laid them out pretty well.  He just has different ways of building a roster.

I really hope the picks DO work out well for him.  And, hey, I remember the year I pulled some solid maneuvers...to get Bishop Sankey 1.01 over Julio Jones and AJ Green.  Sometimes things just don't work out according to plan.
Oooh Bishop Sankey...that name still gives me nightmares. I was so happy when my Titans drafted him. 

12 team superflex, ppr TE prem

Sent - Wentz, DJ moore

Got - Lamb, mooney, '22 2nd mid/late
I’m actually a big fan of all these WR’s involved here, but even so I still would take the Lamb side. Moore just seems to be so consistently underrated to me. Is it because he doesn’t score many tds? He’s dealt with shoddy QB play his whole career and still managed to put up 1100+ yards the past two seasons. And he doesn’t even turn 24 for a couple more weeks. 

I’m actually a big fan of all these WR’s involved here, but even so I still would take the Lamb side. Moore just seems to be so consistently underrated to me. Is it because he doesn’t score many tds? He’s dealt with shoddy QB play his whole career and still managed to put up 1100+ yards the past two seasons. And he doesn’t even turn 24 for a couple more weeks. 
I like him too. But I think the days of him being a top 5 dynasty wr, or at least have that potential are gone. He will always probably be a 'good' player, but I think Lamb might be a difference maker, so I make that deal all day.

I like him too. But I think the days of him being a top 5 dynasty wr, or at least have that potential are gone. He will always probably be a 'good' player, but I think Lamb might be a difference maker, so I make that deal all day.
I guess I’m  just bullish on Moore.  He’ll only be 24 this season and he’s got two “almost” 1200 yard seasons.   His TDs have been poor at 4 each of the last two seasons.  And if you consider his last two season he played with such talents as Will Grier, kyle Allen, and Teddy B. I’m not sure how you can say his potential for “top 5 is gone”.  He gets a good QB and he absolutely could be a top WR, especially if he catches a few more TDs. 

I don't hate Moore and I think he is really fun to watch. I'm actually a fan I guess. But I agree with this take:

Moore *could* still get there and admittedly Lamb hasn't been a league winner *yet*, but for me this comes down to which side I'd rather put my chips in with. 

I guess I’m  just bullish on Moore.  He’ll only be 24 this season and he’s got two “almost” 1200 yard seasons.   His TDs have been poor at 4 each of the last two seasons.  And if you consider his last two season he played with such talents as Will Grier, kyle Allen, and Teddy B. I’m not sure how you can say his potential for “top 5 is gone”.  He gets a good QB and he absolutely could be a top WR, especially if he catches a few more TDs. 
He could absolutely get there, but I think the price was too much. If I could buy low on him I'd roster and start him in a heartbeat. 

I don't hate Moore and I think he is really fun to watch. I'm actually a fan I guess. But I agree with this take:

Moore *could* still get there and admittedly Lamb hasn't been a league winner *yet*, but for me this comes down to which side I'd rather put my chips in with. 

He could absolutely get there, but I think the price was too much. If I could buy low on him I'd roster and start him in a heartbeat. 
But what do you consider “buying low”?   People love McLauren but if you compare his stats to Moore, McLauren is following the same trajectory.  Add in that McLauren is already 25 and Moore will still only be 24 this coming season.  I don’t see how you can buy low on either of these guys.   

But what do you consider “buying low”?   People love McLauren but if you compare his stats to Moore, McLauren is following the same trajectory.  Add in that McLauren is already 25 and Moore will still only be 24 this coming season.  I don’t see how you can buy low on either of these guys.   

Honestly I have seen zero instances of anyone buying low on Moore. I'm just saying this was buying high. And selling super low on Lamb. I don't really envision a deal where anyone is selling low on Moore or McLaurin. I would rather have McLaurin TBH but I think you make a good comp there. I see they are at 5.08 and 5.10 in SF startup ADP. Lamb is at 4.01. Lamb is coming off as WR6 and the others as WR13/14. But I don't think it's crazy to prefer Moore. I disagree but it's perfectly reasonable. I love the Dallas offense a lot more than the mystery that is Carolina. And I like what Washington is doing. 

Single QB FFPC startup ADP Lamb is at 2.12 as WR7 and Moore/McLaurin as WR13/14 at 4.04/4.07 

Spike said:
Well, the other guy had his reasons for the trade and laid them out pretty well.  He just has different ways of building a roster.

I really hope the picks DO work out well for him.  And, hey, I remember the year I pulled some solid maneuvers...to get Bishop Sankey 1.01 over Julio Jones and AJ Green.  Sometimes things just don't work out according to plan.
If I trade a stud for two late rookie picks, and the stud has a career ending injury while one of the 4th round rookies becomes a good player......its still a bad trade.  

FFPC orphan rebuild continues

gave 22 7th

got N Hines
FFPC notwithstanding, I love this deal. What were you going to get in the 7th that would rival that? Tom Kislingbury over at DLF broke down all of the Colts' backs touches this year and came to the conclusion that with the amount of running plays they undertook this year, mixed with Taylor only having 39 targets, Hines is still set to get his, too. Now that's speculation, but Hines had a role on that team other than really the last four games where Taylor faced "historically bad" run defenses, according to Kislingbury.

In short, I like it, and given the advanced usage study from this year (Hines is in on plenty of early downs), if it stays constant, will be a boon to you, IMO.

I was thinking of trying to acquire Hines myself.

12 team PPR dynasty (1 qb league)

Gave: JuJu and 1.10

Got: 1.5 pick

Have a ton of WR depth and wanted a top 3 RB, Pitts or Chase. Thoughts? 

Remember when Juju was like a top 3 dynasty player? Haha. But I like the move, personally. Chase and Juju could not even be remotely close in value in a year or two. 

You could view it as a slight overpay but 1.10 is 2 tiers below what you will get at 5 if you consider Pitts a top tier player.  I have no problem paying a little bit to go get "your" guy.  Not a home run but I like the move, especially if you have the WR depth so losing Juju doesn't hurt.

Tried a similar trade about a month ago,  I was trying to give JuJu/1.11 for 5.

That got rejected and I ended up giving JuJu, 2.11 and projected late 2022#2 for 1.6.

This was before the NFL loudly told us what they think about JuJu so I for sure like your move.

Jonesin For Some Football said:
You could view it as a slight overpay but 1.10 is 2 tiers below what you will get at 5 if you consider Pitts a top tier player.  I have no problem paying a little bit to go get "your" guy.  Not a home run but I like the move, especially if you have the WR depth so losing Juju doesn't hurt.
Well I felt like I did as I have Jefferson, McLaurin, Evans, Diontae Johnson, Jeudy, Crowder, Campbell, Hardman, and Duvernay in this league. I figured I'd likely only spot start JuJu or have him as a bye week player (unless I get injuries of course) 

Well I felt like I did as I have Jefferson, McLaurin, Evans, Diontae Johnson, Jeudy, Crowder, Campbell, Hardman, and Duvernay in this league. I figured I'd likely only spot start JuJu or have him as a bye week player (unless I get injuries of course) 
I'd say you had the depth.  You have 4 there that I like more than Juju.  That was a good move for sure.

10 team, 2qb, ppr, not involved but yikes

team A gave: Saquon

Team B gave: ceh, pollard, mooney, penny, 2.01, 2.07, 3.01

i dunno, he's going to need to hit a homerun with 1.05 to make giving up cmc worth it
Not hard to hit at 1.05 given what will be there.  If it's a start 1qb league Harris will go top 2 for sure and Chase will go top 3 most likely.  One of these will fall to 1.5 - Wiilliams, Pitts, ETN, Waddle and Smith.  I feel confident that getting Dobbins and one of those players is a good haul for CMAC long term.

IMO Dobbins isn't the fantasy player people think he is. But only because he plays for Baltimore. Sooner or later you're going to get burned by his (non) usage. 

Give me CMC.
Without knowing the team dynamics. what player or picks (excluding Dobbins) + 1.05 would it take for you to accept the offer for team A?

I agree team A will like it in the long run. I haven't seen many CMC trades recently.
I made one earlier this year, didn’t post it though.

10 team, ppr, te premium, 1/2/2/te/2 flex (not superflex)

gave: Waller, 1.08, 2.08, Hollywood brown, Darrell henderson

got: CMC, russel gage, 3.05

I know, I know. I think I made him better offers but that’s the deal he came up with. 

Without knowing the team dynamics. what player or picks (excluding Dobbins) + 1.05 would it take for you to accept the offer for team A?
This is the problem when trading/trading for studs.

If buying you need to give up a really good player, at least, and then what's the point?

If selling, you're potentially selling at a bit of a loss, all the pieces you get in return max out like you hope.

That's a long winded way of saying that the offer you cited is probably close enough that it works. But it's just a preference of which side one would rather have. 

Just one data point, but I sent some feelers out a month ago to a non-competitive CMC owner in one of my leagues and he said Barkley + 1.07 wasn’t enough for CMC alone.

Edit: not SF like the trade in question

Last edited by a moderator:
Selling CMC way too cheap IMO. 
This is said about 95% of the time for studs being traded. I believe getting Dobbins and what will be a very very good player in a strong draft, isn't terrible if Dobbins shows well long term and one of Harris, Chase, ETN, Williams, Waddle, Pitts, or Smith does what they are projected to do.

Users who are viewing this thread