What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

Past Lions coaching staffs have zero correlation to what Swift does going forward. I don’t even get how that’s a thing?
They do have some correlation.  They were all hired by the same incompetents at the top. 

I'm not betting the Ford family has found gold with this new coaching staff.  They almost certainly didn't with this clown show. 

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team super flex.

gave: 1.07, diontae Johnson

received: 1.05

i think 2-3 qbs go in top 5.

this would leave me with one of chase, ET, Harris
I like the idea of getting the guy you like. And not to pile on, but...

If you would have added Williams to your list (which I think you probably should have) you would have ended up with a top guy and still had Johnson. 

They have some correlation.  They were all hired by the same incompetents at the top. 
I don't want to get back into this today but that's just weak premise on multiple levels with respect to analyzing how a RB will do in fantasy.

Last thing I'll say on this is despite past poor Lions coaching staff which RB's fantasy value did they actually ruin? They just had a lot of mediocre RB's and the one electric guy they had got his career cut short.

They do have some correlation.  They were all hired by the same incompetents at the top. 

I'm not betting the Ford family has found gold with this new coaching staff.  They almost certainly didn't with this clown show. 
I'm not speaking to this new staff - I think Campbell is a meat head - but past Lion RBs have no bearing on how good Swift can be.

I don't want to get back into this today but that's just weak premise on multiple levels with respect to analyzing how a RB will do in fantasy.

Last thing I'll say on this is despite past poor Lions coaching staff which RB's fantasy value did they actually ruin? They just had a lot of mediocre RB's and the one electric guy they had got his career cut short.
Do you agree that team success correlates to RB fantasy points?  

It's more about being on a bad team with bad owners who are unlikely to have a good offense in Swifts entire tenure.  They are entering another rebuild right now. 

If Swift is a good fantasy play it will be because of garbage time. 

Past Lions coaching staffs have zero correlation to what Swift does going forward. I don’t even get how that’s a thing?
Of course a the new staff is different but shows that no matter who the coach is (they have had many since 2004), it doesn't matter.  They just don't produce good RBs.  Plus, they added Jamaal Williams showing they aren't willing to fully commit as it is.  I like Swift as a player and think he will be fine but I think people believing he is going to be consistent RB1 (let along a top 5 RB) are going to be in for a surprise.

Where did Swift finish? 
He was a rookie and they they tried to ease him in and before their early bye in week 5 he was only playing about 20 snaps a game. You can hold that against him if you wish but he was getting just over 6 touches a game during that time, still managed to put up 10 fantasy points a game which is pretty impressive.

After the bye he went up to 35 snaps a game, his total touches went up to almost 17 a game and he was RB9 in total points and RB10 in PPG from week 6-16 after his bye.

Totality of season put him in RB17/18 range in both PPG and total but it's pretty easy to see that the guy after the bye week is more indicative of the player going forward then the guy getting 6 touches a game his first 4 weeks.

10 tm, 2QB league. right after the darnold trade i put him on the block and got a bite last night. deal ended up being pretty simple

Gave: Darnold

Got: 2.01

seems about right. I actually offered the deal and was surprised the other guy accepted it without countering

He was a rookie and they they tried to ease him in and before their early bye in week 5 he was only playing about 20 snaps a game. You can hold that against him if you wish but he was getting just over 6 touches a game during that time, still managed to put up 10 fantasy points a game which is pretty impressive.

After the bye he went up to 35 snaps a game, his total touches went up to almost 17 a game and he was RB9 in total points and RB10 in PPG from week 6-16 after his bye.

Totality of season put him in RB17/18 range in both PPG and total but it's pretty easy to see that the guy after the bye week is more indicative of the player going forward then the guy getting 6 touches a game his first 4 weeks.
His price right now is top 5 RB in dynasty. 

I certainly don't think he is bad.  He's a great player but the situation is only great if they are going to feed the RBs passing game touches.  If they do that he could blow up.  I'm not sure this is a great bet, especially if they dont care about winning. 

Being on a really bad team also means they may be fine with sitting you late in the year if you have any dings.  

I don't think this is necessary guys. Nobody's convincing anyone of anything. 
I do think i could be convinced of changing my view with solid arguments. 

I hope I could at least. 

No more in this thread though which is probably the better half of your point.  Apologies for the derail. 

10 tm, 2QB league. right after the darnold trade i put him on the block and got a bite last night. deal ended up being pretty simple

Gave: Darnold

Got: 2.01

seems about right. I actually offered the deal and was surprised the other guy accepted it without countering
2QB league that seems pretty fair, though only 10 teams so I would take the pick.

FFPC Single QB - one of a couple orphans I am tearing down

I gave CMC
I got Akers, G Davis, 2022 1st (his team just got better but I don't like his receivers and he has no TE but it's only March April)

My receivers are worse than his. Big fan of Akers this year with Stafford and a really good defense. I need a lot more help than I'm likely going to get within CMC's FF window. We'll see. I bought a handful of orphans with CMC but this is the only share I've ever sold. Don't really plan to be doing much of it.

FFPC Single QB - one of a couple orphans I am tearing down

I gave CMC
I got Akers, G Davis, 2022 1st (his team just got better but I don't like his receivers and he has no TE but it's only March April)

My receivers are worse than his. Big fan of Akers this year with Stafford and a really good defense. I need a lot more help than I'm likely going to get within CMC's FF window. We'll see. I bought a handful of orphans with CMC but this is the only share I've ever sold. Don't really plan to be doing much of it.
I am as big an Akers fan as they come, but I think this is a little light for CMC. Seems like maybe one more first is missing from the other side.

FFPC (standard).  Startup draft ended a couple weeks back.  Same team made both deals.

Gave: Ekeler, Aijuk, future 2nd

Got: Saquan Barkley

Gave: two future 1st rounders (one is very likely a playoff team) and Fournette

Got: DK Metcalf

Someone just massively overpaid for Herbert in start 1 QB dynasty PPR (No, not super flex!)

Team A gave Herbert

Team B gave Russ Wilson, 2021 1.11 & David Moore

Someone just massively overpaid for Herbert in start 1 QB dynasty PPR (No, not super flex!)

Team A gave Herbert

Not sure how you consider that an overpay?  I would much rather have Herbert in a dynasty league than Wilson and giving up the 1.11 to get it done isn't unreasonable.  David Moore is waiver wire fodder.

Team A gave Herbert

I wouldn't call it a massive overpay. It's probably an overpay based on what you think lies ahead for Wilson but it's not terrible assuming Hebert is able to take another step. 

It's really Wilson and the 1.11 as Moore is basically worthless. I'd say it's maybe a 2-3 draft spot overpay.

Team A gave Herbert

I for one agree with you it's a massive overpay. There is no way I could get 1.11 for Herbert in my one start QB leagues.

Leagues are so different on QBs.

A guy today wanted me to give Miles Sanders AND a 3rd for...Baker Mayfield.
I got an offer of Mayfield for Watson today.  If people feel I would do that, then they don't know me very well.  Like I said in the Watson thread, I would rather go down with the ship than do something stupid like that.  I also have Lawrence in that league.

I got an offer of Mayfield for Watson today.  If people feel I would do that, then they don't know me very well.  Like I said in the Watson thread, I would rather go down with the ship than do something stupid like that.  I also have Lawrence in that league.
Amen. I'd rather lose than be played for a sucker.

Leagues are so different on QBs.

A guy today wanted me to give Miles Sanders AND a 3rd for...Baker Mayfield.
This is true and my guess is it's due in large part to roster size.  If you got those leagues you can easily sit on 2-3 QB's year round so that around 30 QB's tend to be rostered it makes a difference versus say FFPC I mainly play with smaller roster sizes.

My largest roster sized league is just 22 and it has 29 QB's on rosters right now, most of my one start FFPC leagues have in range of 18 QB's on rosters.

Team A gave Herbert

I get that he is younger than Wilson but in 1QB I don't think that matters even a little bit. At least not at Wilson's age anyway. Plus as much as I like Herbert there is no real significant reason to think he is going to outscore Wilson on a consistent basis. If at all. I would call it 50/50 in terms of which one outscores the other in 2021 and beyond. And I sure as heck wouldn't pay the 1.11 to find out.

I'm in OR so like me some Herbert but this is a terrible deal IMO.  The other one for Lockett is even worse.  Those are the type of deals you hate seeing when they pop up in the league.
Me too!!

Holy crap.  Not sure how you even make that offer.  I don't even think that is a good trade in SF but I don't play that format so I could be off.  Way too high on QBs there.
It is on par for SF but I think most people would still take Sanders.

Users who are viewing this thread