What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

Zealots Field PPR

Traded Josh Jacobs and 2021 4.11

Received 1.08 and 2021 6.01

My reasoning - I am still solid at RB (Barkley, Dillon, Dobbins, McCaffrey and pieces) and I just don't have a good feeling about what it happening in Las Vegas with them bringing in Drake.  This leaves me with 1.03/1.04/1.08.  With the 1.03/1.04, I am certain to get at least one of Harris/Etienne/Williams; with the 1.08, I can go BPA of a great group of options between Harris, Etienne, Williams, Chase, Waddle, Smith, Pitts and either Moore/Bateman/Lawrence.
Huh. Your reasoning sounds like a "hear me out..."

I don't think you got quite enough for Jacobs, but everybody's mileage is going to vary with him and you have RBs (though why Dillon is there as a solid guy I don't know. I have Dillon, too. I don't expect to use him unless Jones gets hurt). I wouldn't trade the 1.05 for Jacobs, so maybe that's what you could get. But I think I would have waited and tried to get a player instead because I'm personally -- and this just me -- not sold on the players one is getting at the middle and back of the first round. Feels like there's better value in the second at WR than there is in the first. Which sounds stupid. But really might not be.

That said, watch Waddle fall to you and be the second coming of Tyreek Hill. That may very well happen, and if you value the dart throw more than Jacobs, then so be it. I just don't see the value at 1.08 there. Especially for a starting running back in the league.

Just traded Kirk for Brady in a 1 QB dynasty league. Feels AWFUL trading for a QB of his age, but I only had Bridgewater and Jones on my roster.  :bag:

Then again, I really don't think I like Jacobs or the 1.08 given what they both brought to the table before last year's draft. That's probably what's coloring my opinion.

Yeah, I didn't address the WAS QB situation uphtread when I first thought about it. Fitzmagic is on a one-year deal and all WAS has is Heinecke and Allen backing him up. As for NE, I don't even think Cam matters because it doesn't seem to me like Jakobi Meyers is really even fantasy viable anymore. I think NE drafts somebody to be outside and Bourne plays slot when they go three-wide. Not to mention that NE should run a lot of 12 personnel this year, or if they don't, they like to have a fullback, too, so there's only two receivers seeing the field an awful lot. All is not trending upwards for Jakobi, that's for sure. He's actually a cut candidate on my roster, TBH.
I would be real careful cutting Myers, I think you are under-rating him...I am not saying he is going to be an All-Pro but he is a solid WR and I would wait to see if he takes another jump from year 2 to year 3 like he did from year 1 to year 2...if he does and the Pats move on from Cam he could be a solid bench guy...if Cam is the starter then you can move on from him as I don't see him making anyone fantasy viable.

Just traded Kirk for Brady in a 1 QB dynasty league. Feels AWFUL trading for a QB of his age, but I only had Bridgewater and Jones on my roster.  :bag:
Good trade for you.  You won't miss Kirk, who will no doubt just eat a roster spot for the other team and I doubt he is penciled into his Sunday lineup very often, if ever.

A steal...you got a potential top 10 QB this year for nothing and have given yourself time to figure out your long-term QB situation...what a horrible trade for the other guy.

I would be real careful cutting Myers, I think you are under-rating him...I am not saying he is going to be an All-Pro but he is a solid WR and I would wait to see if he takes another jump from year 2 to year 3 like he did from year 1 to year 2...if he does and the Pats move on from Cam he could be a solid bench guy...if Cam is the starter then you can move on from him as I don't see him making anyone fantasy viable.
Yeah, that's true. He had a very serviceable year last year. But how much faith do the Pats have in him? Meyers was deep down the wide receiver pecking order last year until everybody got hurt. Anyway, I won't cut him until we have to go to 51 (it's pretty much full IDP so you need nine defensive guys and backups, too). Roster constraints are what they are. I'm also trying to balance last year's rookies (Ruggs, Mims, Tyler Johnson) with usable talent, and that would mean talking about cutting him when I've got Chark, Godwin, McLaurin, Gallup, etc., all of whom have roles, at least, even if they don't make up a truly formidable corps.  

It's really roster-specific.

Yeah, that's true. He had a very serviceable year last year. But how much faith do the Pats have in him? Meyers was deep down the wide receiver pecking order last year until everybody got hurt. Anyway, I won't cut him until we have to go to 51 (it's pretty much full IDP so you need nine defensive guys and backups, too). Roster constraints are what they are. I'm also trying to balance last year's rookies (Ruggs, Mims, Tyler Johnson) with usable talent, and that would mean talking about cutting him when I've got Chark, Godwin, McLaurin, Gallup, etc., all of whom have roles, at least, even if they don't make up a truly formidable corps.  

It's really roster-specific.
I think by the end of the year he was the only one they had faith in...remember we are talking about a UDFA who was a QB at the beginning of his college career so he wasn't exactly on the fast-track to being an NFL WR...I like those guys on your roster better than him but I think he is very worthy of a roster spot if you have one...would hate to cut him then he turns into the binky of a new QB (I am praying there is one)...the Pats have had some good success with these out-of-nowhere guys in Troy Brown, David Givens, Welker and Edelman...if they figure out "the system" they can put up numbers...by no means do I think he is gonna be a stud but I do think at age 24 he is worth rostering for at least 3 or 4 games this season to see if he can take his game to another level.

Christian Kirk is an interesting case. Tantalizing at times, mostly frustrating. Good athlete, college stats and breakout, some solid NFL games, still 24 until mid season. But AZ clearly doesn’t want him to be their #1 WR. Not quite the WR6 like that one thread talks about. I probably will just hold where I have him. 

Christian Kirk is an interesting case. Tantalizing at times, mostly frustrating. Good athlete, college stats and breakout, some solid NFL games, still 24 until mid season. But AZ clearly doesn’t want him to be their #1 WR. Not quite the WR6 like that one thread talks about. I probably will just hold where I have him. 
He was honestly the first guy I thought of when I read that thread.

FFPC 12 team SF

Gave: 2022 2nd (probably mid)

Got: Fitzpatrick, 2022 3rd (late)

This is a "Studs & Duds" type team that I took over this year. Only had Mahomes at QB. Fitz makes this team competitive this year. Still a couple pieces short of being a contender.

Yeah fair enough. More like a wr5 imo but same concept. 
AJ Green is done and I have no idea what they were thinking bringing him in. Fitz is gone. Kirk is going to have a big chance to bring clarity to this question this season. He is kind of one of the posterchildren for that WR6 concept though unless he can emerge out of it. I feel like he can but I keep coming back to the idea that AZ hates him. He is basically free right now though.

I will take a beating  on this perhaps

12 team, ppt, flex

Sent off

Amari Cooper, Diantae Johnson, Gus Edwards

Got

1.3, 2.3,

2021 1, 2021 2nd

21 picks will be 8 to 12, should be a playoff team

Gives me 1.3 along with 1.5, 1.7

Build around Antonio Gibson, Jefferson.   Still have some guys to deal, Rodgers, OBJ, D Parker  for a youth movement

I will take a beating  on this perhaps

12 team, ppt, flex

Sent off

Amari Cooper, Diantae Johnson, Gus Edwards

Got

1.3, 2.3,

2021 1, 2021 2nd

21 picks will be 8 to 12, should be a playoff team

Gives me 1.3 along with 1.5, 1.7

Build around Antonio Gibson, Jefferson.   Still have some guys to deal, Rodgers, OBJ, D Parker  for a youth movement
I feel like I'm one of the leaders sticking up for Amari and one was one the original Diontae Johnson flag planters so coming from me I like the trade for you. The guy you get at 1.3 is likely immediately more valued, not saying better off the bat but more valued and including those other picks I'd take your side easily.

1 QB, PPR

Team A gave 2.02

Team B gave Denzel Mims
I don't know. I roster Mims and would be hesitant to part with him there because that's right around where I drafted him and I don't think you'll get as accomplished a receiver with his physical profile and breakout age/comparison level at the 2.02. If you think you can get a running back that'll make a difference there, I'd do it, but that seems to be a big if right how. Mims was hurt for most of last year and is still tied to this front office and they've brought in Davis and Keelan Cole, with Jamison Crowder likely to be a cap casualty. I'm no huge Mims fan, either, as those in the Jets thread will tell you. I've now watched him play in the pros and he certainly didn't hit the ground dominant. But that'd be something I thought about long and hard before I did.

Depends on the draft and the running back landing spots, to me.

FFPC (standard)

Will Fuller, Raheem Mostert, Hunter Henry, 4.05

For

2022 1st (could be anywhere but probably lean 60-40 it's a playoff team

I prefer the players in this one.  Fuller is arguably worth a late first by himself and Henry and Mostert are each worth a 2.  
I wouldn’t pay a first for Fuller but maybe I am in the minority. I just don’t see Fuller hitting his peak value again....certainly not with Tua. Now he may move on to a more favorable situation after this year however you also have to factor his extensive history of injuries. Mostert and Henry don’t move my needle at all and would be looking to unload them if I did own them.

I wouldn’t pay a first for Fuller but maybe I am in the minority. I just don’t see Fuller hitting his peak value again....certainly not with Tua. Now he may move on to a more favorable situation after this year however you also have to factor his extensive history of injuries. Mostert and Henry don’t move my needle at all and would be looking to unload them if I did own them.
I can see all of your points and wouldnt argue with any of them.  Fuller's deal in Miami is one year though, and regarding Tua (while getting totally off track)...I dont think the FFB community is being fair to him at all.  Dude was coming off a terrible injury, had no offseason/preseason - as a rookie QB, and had a sub-par OL and weapons to work with.  QB us a tough position - especially given those obstacles.  I think he will be fine, and if he isnt, Fuller can leave next year. 

Henry is a good player - it remains to be seen how he will be used, but they paid him like someone they intend to use a whole lot.  Mostert is someone I always have downplayed but whenever he plays he looks pretty studly.  I cannot argue with your perception, but feel as a third piece of that deal and at a premium position there is value.

I can see all of your points and wouldnt argue with any of them.  Fuller's deal in Miami is one year though, and regarding Tua (while getting totally off track)...I dont think the FFB community is being fair to him at all.  Dude was coming off a terrible injury, had no offseason/preseason - as a rookie QB, and had a sub-par OL and weapons to work with.  QB us a tough position - especially given those obstacles.  I think he will be fine, and if he isnt, Fuller can leave next year. 

Henry is a good player - it remains to be seen how he will be used, but they paid him like someone they intend to use a whole lot.  Mostert is someone I always have downplayed but whenever he plays he looks pretty studly.  I cannot argue with your perception, but feel as a third piece of that deal and at a premium position there is value.
The team dealing away Fuller, Mostert, and Henry is in a full rebuild with four future 1sts now.  No chance of winning in 2021.

In case that helps you see it from both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:

I wouldn’t disagree about Tua, perhaps I am being too hard on him. I don’t think he makes a major leap this season but you bring up some good points. My philosophy in dynasty is to gets studs. I don’t consider any of those players studs so I prefer the pick. Nonetheless those guys certainly can be useful to a teams roster so I can appreciate your take as well,

I prefer the players in this one.  Fuller is arguably worth a late first by himself and Henry and Mostert are each worth a 2.  
I think it being FFPC makes me want the pick side pretty easily.

FFPC does two things here...

1) Deflate the value of Fuller compared to a regular league, since WR2's are a dime a dozen in FFPC.

2) Massively inflate the value of the pick.  Since FFPC does a consolation bracket for draft order, that means these borderline playoff teams are typically the ones that end up with the 1.01/1.02 pick if they miss the playoffs.

Another fuller deal

12 team ppr Superflex 

I gave 3.01 and Marvin Jones 

got fuller.

3.01 is a premium pick.  Rounds 3 and 4 are in August.  

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team IDP PPR 1.5 TE, 1.5 LB tackle, 0.75 LB Assist ($60 budget a year for RFA/FA with roll over year to year)

Gave

Miles Jack Jax LB

Mike Davis Atl RB

$8

for

1.10 pick

I think it being FFPC makes me want the pick side pretty easily.

FFPC does two things here...

1) Deflate the value of Fuller compared to a regular league, since WR2's are a dime a dozen in FFPC.

2) Massively inflate the value of the pick.  Since FFPC does a consolation bracket for draft order, that means these borderline playoff teams are typically the ones that end up with the 1.01/1.02 pick if they miss the playoffs.
I think it can easily be good for both sides.  

The team trading away the players doesnt care about points from those players in the 2021 season, plus gets three roster spots to play the waiver game with all year.  FFPC usually has quality waiver pickups throughout the season.  

No idea how Fuller will do this year in Miami or in the future if he goes to another team but he was last year's #9 WR in PPG.  Seems worth more than a dime.
My takeaway from this part of the discussion is that it is definitely time to talk to Fuller owners and see what it would take to get him.  Sounds like he is worth a mid second or less to a lot of people, and to me, that is a steal.

12tm 1QB PPR (shallow-ish rosters)

Giovani Bernard, JD McKissic

FOR

Darrell Henderson
Give me Henderson. I don't think McKissic does much with Fitz there. Fitz isn't Captain Checkdown like Alex Smith. Also Bernard maybe sees the field a few times a game?

I'd take the chance Akers doesn't pan out or gets hurt or Henderson forces some sort of share.

Give me Henderson. I don't think McKissic does much with Fitz there. Fitz isn't Captain Checkdown like Alex Smith. Also Bernard maybe sees the field a few times a game?

I'd take the chance Akers doesn't pan out or gets hurt or Henderson forces some sort of share.
Especially with shallow rosters - Bernard and McKissic have minimal value.

Users who are viewing this thread