What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

I would need a lot more than the 2.03 to move down to an injury-prone Kittle.
Kelce is 31 years old.  Whats Kittle, 25?  As someone who made big moves for AJ Green and Jamaal Charles in the twilights of their career right before the wheels fell off,  this is not a deal I would even come close to considering unless I was getting Kelce plus the pick.  Only way is if you are going all in on 2021.  

Kelce is 31 years old.  Whats Kittle, 25?  As someone who made big moves for AJ Green and Jamaal Charles in the twilights of their career right before the wheels fell off,  this is not a deal I would even come close to considering unless I was getting Kelce plus the pick.  Only way is if you are going all in on 2021.  
Not picking a side on the trade but Kittle is sneaky old, he is 27 now and will be 28 in Oct.

Not picking a side on the trade but Kittle is sneaky old, he is 27 now and will be 28 in Oct.
If you want to talk age, Kelce is 31 and will be 32 in October.  So he's not sneaky old, he's old.  I would much prefer Kittle to Kelce in dynasty.

If you want to talk age, Kelce is 31 and will be 32 in October.  So he's not sneaky old, he's old.  I would much prefer Kittle to Kelce in dynasty.
Sure but we all know Kelce isn't young, I think people have this perception that Kittle is young, he guessed he was 25.  TE's do tend to mature late so you definitely get a longer runway with Kittle, but if I thought I could win a championship now I would have no problem with someone ranking Kelce over Kittle.  It is probably situational on who you want on your dynasty team and what your window to win is.  

Sure but we all know Kelce isn't young, I think people have this perception that Kittle is young, he guessed he was 25.  TE's do tend to mature late so you definitely get a longer runway with Kittle, but if I thought I could win a championship now I would have no problem with someone ranking Kelce over Kittle.  It is probably situational on who you want on your dynasty team and what your window to win is.  
I'll take the guy tied to Mahomes for the next 3 years.  Choosing between Kittle and Kelce is a nice problem to have, though.

And even if you’re going “all in” you can do that with the second best TE in the league.

If I have a nice 2 year window give me Kelce over Kittle.  The 49ers about to draft a rookie QB isnt the best thing for Kittle.

Give me 2 super stud kelce seasons over 5 good kittle seasons.  

Other than last season where he missed 8 games, he’s missed 3 total games in his other 3 seasons.

So basically a broken bone in his foot  last year makes him “injury prone” in your mind?
He's missed games and missed time in games that he's played.  He doesn't score TDs, his production has fallen off steadily from his peak in 2018, he's likely been supplanted as the best receiving option by a combination of Aiyuk and Deebo, and he's about to be given a rookie QB. 

He's clearly no higher than the TE3 for me, and that's a tier or two down from Kelce.  I may even put him behind Pitts.

The more I see trades like this the less interested I become in superflex leagues.
This is not a superflex league, and trade markets in small leagues are extremely illiquid.  It's one of the reasons I prefer a minimum of 24 teams in my leagues.  32-team, 2 copies of each player is the sweet spot.

He's missed games and missed time in games that he's played.  He doesn't score TDs, his production has fallen off steadily from his peak in 2018, he's likely been supplanted as the best receiving option by a combination of Aiyuk and Deebo, and he's about to be given a rookie QB. 

He's clearly no higher than the TE3 for me, and that's a tier or two down from Kelce.  I may even put him behind Pitts.
I have no argument against that. Also, I think Pitts will be atop the tier in very short order, perhaps 1 year.  Kelce is older and Waller is getting there.  I agree with you about what Kittle is facing going forward.

I agree.  Isn't Kittle and Kelce in the same tier?  When you factor in age, I can see Kittle being the more attractive dynasty asset long term.
I have Kittle and Kelce in the same tier with the clear nod to Kittle. They're both a part of the old guard, but in October Kelce turns 32 and Kittle turns 28. Four years is a significant difference. And yes Kelce just had his career year, but even then the difference between him and Kittle was 13.0 yards per game, despite Kittle being in and out of the lineup on game day. The Chiefs offense should score lots of TD's, but those are hard to bank on. Gimme the 28 year old within spitting distance of the 32 year old whose cliff is closer than it appears.

He might have given up too much overall, but how are the 1.3 and a 22 1st the other 2 top 3 pieces of this trade?

Swift is > 1.3. Also either WR is > 22 1st. 
I said "might".  No way we know yet.  I could see Chase or Etienne being better than Swift as I don't trust the Lions backfield personally.  I agree that at this time both WRs are more valuable than that 22 1st but what if that ends up being #1 or hit huge like Justin Jefferson next year.  They aren't more valuable right now but there is a world that isn't too crazy where they "could" be the 3 most valuable pieces in that trade.

I believe 2022 will be a weak draft for RBs (only Hall for me, Spiller = meh) and now with Pickens' ACL injury, it hurts WRs.   Perhaps good at the top with Bell and Burks.  I'm not an Olave truther.  It is good at QB however.  2023 1sts is what you want.
This is almost 180 opposite of what I've been reading and hearing about for every position you mentioned.

I think you are nuts thinking he is TE 3 or 4.  He is better than any TE out there not named Kelce.  I had both and traded Kittle this offseason (even as a 49ers fan) because I have a win now window so went with the guy with Mahomes with no injuries.  Plus, due to youth, Kittle was worth more on the market.  When Kittle played last year he was still the best option they had.  Aiyuk and Deebo isn't changing that.

Pitts?  Really.  A rookie.  Not trying to attack you but that type of statement seems like to be made by someone that is blinded by rookies.

This is almost 180 opposite of what I've been reading and hearing about for every position you mentioned.
Besides, Breece Hall, I guess if you're high on the likes of Spiller (overrated), Zamir White, Teague, Harris (I like him somewhat), Brian Robinson, Jerion Ealy, Ty Chandler, and Ibrahim at RB, then go for it. As for WRs,  besides Bell and Burks, you have Olave, who I don't think is elite, Pickens (post ACL), Garrett Wilson, John Metchie, don't seem overly strong to me.  I do like the QBs however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pitts?  Really.  A rookie.  Not trying to attack you but that type of statement seems like to be made by someone that is blinded by rookies.
 If I were doing a startup today, I would rank them Kelce, Waller, Pitts, Kittle.

I own Kittle in several places and he's not a difference maker going forward.  I don't project that he will ever hit his 2018 totals again in his career if he stays in San Francisco.

And I also think the hype for PItts is out of control, but his age/profile/projected draft position has him right there. 

Of course my ranking is for dynasty, it's in the gosh darn dynasty trades thread.  In redraft I wouldn't have Pitts as a top-10 TE for 2021.

Besides, Breece Hall, I guess if you're high on the likes of Spiller (overrated), Zamir White, Teague, Harris (I like him somewhat), Brian Robinson, Jerion Ealy, Ty Chandler, and Ibrahim at RB, then go for it. As for WRs,  besides Bell and Burks, Olave, Pickens (post ACL), Garrett Wilson, John Metchie, don't seem overly strong to me.  I do like the QBs however.
Yes I'm high on Spiller and I know Louis Riddick considers him not only the #1RB in next years class but he said he'd be his #1RB in this years class. And I don't know how was calling out Javonte Williams this time last year or even that wildly high on Najee. We'll have plenty rise up.

I've heard from just about every source I find credible the QB's are not good. Of course they all give the Burrow/Baker/Mac caveat that they can seemingly rise up but as of now it's not good.

WR's are deep and strong as usual.

This year as of last week we had 657 players who had signed with an agent. In last two years at this time that number was 1,972 and 1,839. Let that sink in for a second. The reason was NFL granting extra year of eligibility due to COVID. Next season the number of players who sign with agents is expected to surprass 2,000, a good 3X the amount this year. Sure that's a lot of depth and not always fantasy type players but my guess is when you see the draft grow 3X next year with respect to draftable players the fantasy depth will come with it.

My advice this year is to deal your mid to late round rookie picks for similar picks next year.

Of course my ranking is for dynasty, it's in the gosh darn dynasty trades thread.  In redraft I wouldn't have Pitts as a top-10 TE for 2021.
I suppose we think differently.  No way I would take any TE over Pitts in a dynasty startup draft and you can get Pitts after all 3 of them most of the time.

Well I just went for a pretty big splash because I'm that trading person in my league:

Devy IDP (PPR, Superflex, 6 points for all TDs - yeah, lots going on)

I gave:

Derrick Henry, DJ Moore, Kendrick Bourne, Eddie Jackson (S), 2021 1.15

I got:

CMC, Calvin Ridley

The reason:

New owner to league looking to put his own stamp on things. I saw CMC available and just reached out to see what it'd take. Somehow we go Ridley involved and once we left a little draft picks out of it and left alone a player like Claypool, I was ok moving DJ Moore in place of too much of my future picks. the 2021 1st round pick comes a year after a Devy Draft where that well ran pretty darn dry frankly and being 15th on that list after that means most of the draft picks are ok or prospect deep diving exercises anyways.

Well I just went for a pretty big splash because I'm that trading person in my league:

Devy IDP (PPR, Superflex, 6 points for all TDs - yeah, lots going on)

I gave:

Derrick Henry, DJ Moore, Kendrick Bourne, Eddie Jackson (S), 2021 1.15

I got:

CMC, Calvin Ridley

The reason:

New owner to league looking to put his own stamp on things. I saw CMC available and just reached out to see what it'd take. Somehow we go Ridley involved and once we left a little draft picks out of it and left alone a player like Claypool, I was ok moving DJ Moore in place of too much of my future picks. the 2021 1st round pick comes a year after a Devy Draft where that well ran pretty darn dry frankly and being 15th on that list after that means most of the draft picks are ok or prospect deep diving exercises anyways.
I know nothing about IDP, but McCaffrey >>>> Henry and Ridley >> Moore pretty easily for me.  I can’t imagine the other pieces are so valuable as to offset those two downgrades.  

I know nothing about IDP, but McCaffrey >>>> Henry and Ridley >> Moore pretty easily for me.  I can’t imagine the other pieces are so valuable as to offset those two downgrades.  
Precisely. Was a pretty easy move once he backed off draft picks and Claypool and asked for Moore instead. Jackson was droppable and biggest surprise ask to include and Bourne is meh to me. It was mostly if I believe in my 1.15 and answer is there should be no player left by that point to make me regret this deal otherwise (Michael Mayer? A 2024 RB or QB or WR guess?)

I think I've said this before on the Kelce/Kittle debate but I think there is an extreme risk with Kittle that he is one of those TEs that ages out early.

He reminds me a ton of Gronk.  He hasn't missed a ton of time but he's picked up a ton of injuries and they are all in the areas that nag and cause guys to break down.

2016: foot sprain
2017: hamstring sprain
2017: ankle sprain
2018: shoulder separation
2019: knee sprain
2020: hamstring strain
2020: knee sprain
2020: foot fracture

Every time he comes back from one of these he's got some new bulky brace.  He looks lumbering out there.  Runs like a beast with extreme power (not necessarily great for longevity) but looks like he's moving a little worse every time.  His style constantly leaves him prone to hits in the areas that shorten careers.  Look at all those lower leg injuries.

Here is Kelce over the same span

2017: shoulder cleanup (offseason)
2017: concussion
2018: concussion
2020: knee bruise

Kelce is 32 but he looks like he's 25 running around out there.  Take away the knowledge of his age and you'd never know he's 30+.  Kittle is the opposite.  Dude is 27 but he looks like a 37 year old Jason Witten with all those bulky braces.

Gronk fell off a cliff at age 29.  I have concerns that Kittle will follow a similar path, even if it is a year or two later.

ETA: I think Waller is the overlooked sleeper in this discussion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose we think differently.  No way I would take any TE over Pitts in a dynasty startup draft and you can get Pitts after all 3 of them most of the time.
Wow.  I find that a bit nuts personally.  Never seen this guy play and have no idea where he will even be.  I understand how great he "should" be but we know what we get with those other guys.  I like him though and will be rush drafting him at 5 if he is still there when I pick even though I have Kelce.  I just don't see ranking a rookie that high.

12 team 1QB

Gave 2.12 & Higbee

Got Damien Harris

Wanted more RB depth and already had Goedert & Engram (no TEP, start 1TE).   

Yes I'm high on Spiller and I know Louis Riddick considers him not only the #1RB in next years class but he said he'd be his #1RB in this years class. And I don't know how was calling out Javonte Williams this time last year or even that wildly high on Najee. We'll have plenty rise up.

I've heard from just about every source I find credible the QB's are not good. Of course they all give the Burrow/Baker/Mac caveat that they can seemingly rise up but as of now it's not good.

WR's are deep and strong as usual.

This year as of last week we had 657 players who had signed with an agent. In last two years at this time that number was 1,972 and 1,839. Let that sink in for a second. The reason was NFL granting extra year of eligibility due to COVID. Next season the number of players who sign with agents is expected to surprass 2,000, a good 3X the amount this year. Sure that's a lot of depth and not always fantasy type players but my guess is when you see the draft grow 3X next year with respect to draftable players the fantasy depth will come with it.

My advice this year is to deal your mid to late round rookie picks for similar picks next year.
I think you're gong to be disappointed this time next year.

12 team 1QB

Gave 2.12 & Higbee

Got Damien Harris

Wanted more RB depth and already had Goedert & Engram (no TEP, start 1TE).   
I hate NE RBs but this isn't a bad move for RB depth.  Higbee could be much better with Everett gone and getting Stafford but RBs are pricier and you won't miss those 2 pieces most likely.

FreeBaGeL said:
I think I've said this before on the Kelce/Kittle debate but I think there is an extreme risk with Kittle that he is one of those TEs that ages out early.

He reminds me a ton of Gronk.  He hasn't missed a ton of time but he's picked up a ton of injuries and they are all in the areas that nag and cause guys to break down.

Every time he comes back from one of these he's got some new bulky brace.  He looks lumbering out there.  Runs like a beast with extreme power (not necessarily great for longevity) but looks like he's moving a little worse every time.  His style constantly leaves him prone to hits in the areas that shorten careers.  Look at all those lower leg injuries.

Kelce is 32 but he looks like he's 25 running around out there.  Take away the knowledge of his age and you'd never know he's 30+.  Kittle is the opposite.  Dude is 27 but he looks like a 37 year old Jason Witten with all those bulky braces.

Gronk fell off a cliff at age 29.  I have concerns that Kittle will follow a similar path, even if it is a year or two later.

In context of age concerns, Waller will be 29 at the start of the season.

That said these age concerns for Kelce and Waller seem overblown to me. Gates finished as TE5 (TE Premiums scroring) @ age 34. Gonzo finished as TE2 at the age of 37. Kelce and Waller have playing styles similar to Gates and Gonzo IMO.

FreeBaGeL said:

Even injuries aside, and this is just a gut feeling, I know he loves football but something says to me that he could be the type of guy to call it quits out of nowhere and retire at a somewhat young age.

In context of age concerns, Waller will be 29 at the start of the season.

That said these age concerns for Kelce and Waller seem overblown to me. Gates finished as TE5 (TE Premiums scroring) @ age 34. Gonzo finished as TE2 at the age of 37. Kelce and Waller have playing styles similar to Gates and Gonzo IMO.
I totally agree with this.  These aren't RBs or even WRs.  I have no problem with them and no way I put a rookie above them.  Especially as the returning champ and trying to win now.

I think one of the biggest factors with the idea of an age cliff is that players *who can perform at a high level* are the ones that get playing time. It isn't necessarily that guys like Gates and Gonzalez were less susceptible to the age decline syndrome, it's that they were still performing. If Kittle and Waller (and yes Kelce) can still perform then they will play. 

Put another way, a big reason the age cliff exists isn't purely a function of athletic decline, but rather that a player has reached a certain ceiling in their skill development and they just aren't that useful of an asset moving forward. When they were younger there was still hope. By 27/28 if they haven't become the guy they probably aren't going to. Even if they are an athletic marvel. Kittle has shown he is the guy. Waller has shown this. Kelce has shown this. 

FFPC SF

I gave 2022 2nd, 3.01
I got Gabriel Davis

different FFPC SF:

I gave Hunt, 1.04
I got 1.06, 1.07

I haven't been looking to move back anywhere but I like the value on this one too much. I also hold 1.08. 

different FFPC SF:

I gave Hunt, 1.04
I got 1.06, 1.07

I haven't been looking to move back anywhere but I like the value on this one too much. I also hold 1.08. 
These are always the trickiest deals for me to evaluate personally.  What if you'd been offered the 1.06 and 1.09? or the 1.05 and 1.10? 

FFPC SF

I gave 2022 2nd, 3.01
I got Gabriel Davis

different FFPC SF:

I gave Hunt, 1.04
I got 1.06, 1.07

I think it is hard to walk away from what I see as a top tier of 4 in this draft but that is a ton of value to move down 2 spots and Hunt.  I would have jumped at that too.

Users who are viewing this thread