Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

34 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

16 man full IDP .5 PPR

Team A gave AJB
Team B gave Cam Akers, 1.06 OTC (Waddle)

Half PPR hurts AJB a bit, but I'd still probably lean toward him. I'm wary that Waddle will live up to his draft slot and I'm not sold on Akers just yet. I think on paper it is a fair trade, though.

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Six team league?

It does seem light but I’ll also say I’ve found it difficult in 1QB leagues to get anything of note for someone like Russ. I agree that he’s worth more, but most of the teams have a decent option at QB and don’t want to part with anything of note for what is perceived as a marginal upgrade. Again, I’d agree that Russ is worth more than this, but the QB8 in a start 1 league is not an easy one to move in my experience.

1 minute ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

It does seem light but I’ll also say I’ve found it difficult in 1QB leagues to get anything of note for someone like Russ. I agree that he’s worth more, but most of the teams have a decent option at QB and don’t want to part with anything of note for what is perceived as a marginal upgrade. Again, I’d agree that Russ is worth more than this, but the QB8 in a start 1 league is not an easy one to move in my experience.

I agree, but at that point it's better to just keep him instead of potentially unleashing him to beat you later in the year. "Better sitting on my bench than as your starter" is a strategy to employ sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I agree, but at that point it's better to just keep him instead of potentially unleashing him to beat you later in the year. "Better sitting on my bench than as your starter" is a strategy to employ sometimes.

No doubt. Was just speaking to the return involved and the fact that it may be difficult to get real value if you are dead set on trading him. Definitely agree that I wouldn’t want to potentially greatly help out another team for such a little return.

18 hours ago, mcintyre1 said:

No thoughts on this one? Caused a bit of a stir in the sleeper league chat, so I was curious what others thought. I thought it was fine, but I'm pretty high on both Lawrence and Chase so I thought the guy did well. His team isn't very good outside of Mahomes.

I wouldn't make this trade personally as Mahomes is just too good and Lawrence is further away than a Chase like player.  I don't think it is that bad though.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, roarlions said:

12 team PPR league start 1 QB

I gave 1.01 and 1.06

I got Miles Sanders and DJ Moore

I think you won this one by a slight margin in terms of consensus value; that said, I might be tempted to gamble on Chase + Williams/Waddle/Smith. If you're contending this year, this trade is probably the right move.

3 minutes ago, Adso said:

I think you won this one by a slight margin in terms of consensus value; that said, I might be tempted to gamble on Chase + Williams/Waddle/Smith. If you're contending this year, this trade is probably the right move.

Actually I'm a borderline playoff team that was killed by injuries last year. I'm also RB starved, by the end of the season Jeff Wilson was my best RB. If I had kept the picks I would have taken Harris and best player available at 1.06. I have my doubts about Sanders but really liked getting DJ over any of the WRs I would have gotten in the draft.

1 hour ago, roarlions said:

I gave 1.01 and 1.06

This feels like a big overpay to me.  I'd rather have Harris and Smith/Waddle/Pitts (whichever falls to 1.06).  I could see it working out and I'm actually lower on Moore but didn't like the Eagles picking Gainwell dampens Sanders just a little.  Not a trade I'd make as I'd want someone I saw as a true stud and Sanders and Moore are just slightly a bit lower than that IMO.

1 hour ago, roarlions said:

I gave 1.01 and 1.06

People love picks over proven NFL talent. I’ll take Sanders and Moore easily here 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

People love picks over proven NFL talent. I’ll take Sanders and Moore easily here 

Except these aren't just picks anymore. It's something like Harris/Chase and Waddle/Smith for Sanders & Moore. 

3 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Picks for me

3 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

Depends on the proven talent for me.  Plus, 1.01 is much higher to me than like 1.03 or 1.04.  Sanders with uncertainty at QB & Gainwell there and Moore with another WR drafted and a new QB isn't a high enough tier for me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

12 Team 0.5 PPR (took over full rebuild)  1 QB / 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR / 1-3 TE

Gave up Ten WR AJ Brown & 2.10 

Received Clev RB N Chubb, NEP RB D Harris & 2.05 

Roster still needs QB & TE help, but improving things, I also have the 1.01 on the block.... 

Carr / Chubb, D Harris, Lindsay, Hyde / Agholor, B Edwards, Hardman, Lockett, Parker, Pittman

Edited by Birdie048

25 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

Roster still needs QB & TE help, but improving things, I also have the 1.01 on the block.... 

Carr / Chubb, D Harris, Lindsay, Hyde / Agholor, B Edwards, Hardman, Lockett, Parker, Pittman

That is a rough team to take over.  I don't really have a problem with this trade even though I might lean slightly the other way jsut because I don't trust Pats RBs at all.  If you could have got a decent RB from another team or a WR prospect I'd like it better.  Or a late 1st instead of 2.5.  Not terrible but feels a little light for Brown.  However, I do like Chubb and that is a good piece but RBs have short shelf lives so he might be done by the time you are ready to compete.

10 minutes ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

12 team PPR, 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3Flex

Team A trades:

Allen Robinson

Team B trades: 

AJ Brown 

ARob and the pick all day

6 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

12tm 1QB

Mixon, 2.04

FOR

CEH

2.04 ended up as Zach Wilson

Seems like you'd have to know rosters on this, as this sounds like a contender swapping youth for results. I'm personally not that big on CEH, so I like the Mixon side if you're in contention. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dez said:

14 team PPR 1.5 TE

Keenan Allen

for

2.01, 2.11, 3.01

Feels actually light for Allen. Pick fifteen, twenty-five, and twenty-nine? 

Maybe so...still think it's light. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chad Parsons said:

12tm 1QB

Mixon, 2.04

FOR

CEH

2.04 ended up as Zach Wilson

I heard a couple of guys on a podcast talking about this trade and I was thinking the guy who got CEH must be some kind of dope😉

2 hours ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

12 team PPR, 1QB 1RB 1WR 1TE 3Flex

Team A trades:

Allen Robinson

Team B trades: 

AJ Brown 

2 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I'd be all over the pick and A-Rob.  I like AJ Brown but that is enough to give him up.

I agree, surgery on both knees this off season swings the deal for me.

34 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

I agree, surgery on both knees this off season swings the deal for me.

Honestly for me the fact he did what he did last year on two knees that required surgery has made me actually higher on him. But I'd still take the picks and AROB.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, roarlions said:

I gave 1.01 and 1.06

I have seen so many high fantasy picks bust over the years. I love making trades like this for youngish star players to leaguemates with rookie fever.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Exactly just how proven are Sanders and Moore?

I think they have proven(with their play) that they are not busts and both have a good potential to be top twelve players at their positions. And that is something we do not know yet about those rookies. You might get two top 3 guys though with picks. You might. You might also get a bust. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Football said:

I have seen so many high fantasy picks bust over the years. I love making trades like this for youngish star players to leaguemates with rookie fever.

I've likewise seen so many guys like Sanders/DJM puddle around for a few years before dropping into nothingness. 

Not that there are any guarantees but Sanders is one of my top bust picks this year as a guy like Fournette/Conner/Mixon/Kerryon/Mack/Ajayi that does juuuuust enough to string people along for a few years and make people think they have a safe floor before the bottom drops out. 

Posted (edited)

Not involved:

Team A got: Mike Davis, Clyde Edwards-Helare, Jarvis Landry, Mike WIlliams and 2.16

Team B got: Justin Jefferson and 1.02

At first I was like whoa and then when you break down the trade into pieces - 1.02 for CEH and Jefferson for the rest....yea bad. 

however to note - It is a TE Premium league at 1.5 PPR (.5 for RB and 1 ppr for WR - TE's are not mandatory start just as a WR/TE flex) so Team B will likely get Pitts as the 1,01 is desperate for a RB and will most likely take Harris. 

**Edit** Fantasy Police done been called! 

Edited by Dacomish

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Dacomish said:

Not involved:

Team A got: Mike Davis, Clyde Edwards-Helare, Jarvis Landry, Mike WIlliams and 2.16

At first I was like whoa and then when you break down the trade into pieces - 1.02 for CEH and Jefferson for the rest its not so bad. 

however to note - It is a TE Premium league at 1.5 PPR (.5 for RB and 1 ppr for WR - TE's are not mandatory start just as a WR/TE flex) so Team B will likely get Pitts as the 1,01 is desperate for a RB and will most likely take Harris. 

Not sure why the Jefferson side would even entertain that. Jefferson worth the 1.01 IMO...so 1.01 and 1.02 (at the height of rookie fever) for that seems pretty far off.

Edited by King of the Jungle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dacomish said:

Not involved:

At first I was like whoa and then when you break down the trade into pieces - 1.02 for CEH and Jefferson for the rest its not so bad. 

That's awful

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dacomish said:

Not involved:

Jefferson for the rest is really bad

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dacomish said:

Not involved:

What a horrific trade...for just Jefferson it is bad but the fact the 1.2 is involved means the Fantasy police should be called to the scene of this crime...I wouldn't make this deal just for the 1.2...this truly is one of the "dumbest" deals I have ever seen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Boston said:

What a horrific trade...for just Jefferson it is bad but the fact the 1.2 is involved means the Fantasy police should be called to the scene of this crime...I wouldn't make this deal just for the 1.2...this truly is one of the "dumbest" deals I have ever seen.

I’m picturing the guy thinking “Let me ask for the 1.2 just to see if I can settle for the 3.02”. 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dacomish said:

Not involved:

At first I was like whoa and then when you break down the trade into pieces - 1.02 for CEH and Jefferson for the rest....yea bad. 

**Edit** Fantasy Police done been called! 

That’s so bad it’s got to be collusion. 

• Thinking 1

7 minutes ago, Boston said:

I look at it the other way...it's so bad it can't be collusion.

I did ask the question as to why and I get the impression the Team A owner simply didn't value Jefferson that much (WTH!) as he just had gotten Tyreek Hill in a different deal and was absolutely in love with CEH. Neither team know each other outside of the league and are in complete different parts of the country. 

None of that makes it any more palatable but I think its more of an owner who doesn't quite understand dynasty player values and got all wide eyed with his favorite player dangling rather than collusion. 

3 minutes ago, Dacomish said:

had gotten Tyreek Hill in a different deal and was absolutely in love with CEH. 

Definitely could have pulled the trade off with just 1.02 and, if anything, future pick in 2nd or 3rd.  In a bubble, none of those guys, Helaire included, helps make the team any better than 1 02 and Jefferson do.  Even in a win-now environment... give me JJ and one of the big 3 RBs over the mess of unmentionables he got in return.  This is how dynasty teams get ran into the ground.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dacomish said:

I did ask the question as to why and I get the impression the Team A owner simply didn't value Jefferson that much (WTH!) as he just had gotten Tyreek Hill in a different deal and was absolutely in love with CEH. Neither team know each other outside of the league and are in complete different parts of the country. 

None of that makes it any more palatable but I think its more of an owner who doesn't quite understand dynasty player values and got all wide eyed with his favorite player dangling rather than collusion. 

My guess is it is an owner who knows names more than actual value...guys like Landry and Williams have a lot of name value but not much value in Dynasty.

2 minutes ago, Boston said:

My guess is it is an owner who knows names more than actual value...guys like Landry and Williams have a lot of name value but not much value in Dynasty.

My thoughts exactly...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

17 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

That is a rough team to take over.  I don't really have a problem with this trade even though I might lean slightly the other way jsut because I don't trust Pats RBs at all.  If you could have got a decent RB from another team or a WR prospect I'd like it better.  Or a late 1st instead of 2.5.  Not terrible but feels a little light for Brown.  However, I do like Chubb and that is a good piece but RBs have short shelf lives so he might be done by the time you are ready to compete.

I shopped AJ Brown around and was in negotiations up until this was accepted  (Sanders & TJ Hock and 2022 2nd).  Chubb >> Sanders but I see both as varying RBBC roles.  I was targeting his CEH and a Top 8 pick, but he countered with Chubb & Damien Harris.  And I actually like Harris with Sony's 5th year not picked up.  I think he is undervalued.  

And yeah, this team was a trainwreck!  I imagine previous owner had thrown in the towel early (I saw a total of 5 WW moves all season and ZERO trade offers).  I can only imagine what life threw at them...  

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****