Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

9 hours ago, Mark Football said:

I think they have proven(with their play) that they are not busts and both have a good potential to be top twelve players at their positions. And that is something we do not know yet about those rookies. You might get two top 3 guys though with picks. You might. You might also get a bust. 

Busts is always possible but 1.01 is a lot safer than most.  I'd much prefer getting someone with top 1-3 upside like Harris or Chase than someone with top 12 upside like Sanders/Moore.

5 hours ago, Dacomish said:

Not involved:

Team A got: Mike Davis, Clyde Edwards-Helare, Jarvis Landry, Mike WIlliams and 2.16

Team B got: Justin Jefferson and 1.02

At first I was like whoa and then when you break down the trade into pieces - 1.02 for CEH and Jefferson for the rest....yea bad. 

however to note - It is a TE Premium league at 1.5 PPR (.5 for RB and 1 ppr for WR - TE's are not mandatory start just as a WR/TE flex) so Team B will likely get Pitts as the 1,01 is desperate for a RB and will most likely take Harris. 

**Edit** Fantasy Police done been called! 

This is terrible.  The Jefferson owner could have kept 1.2 and this may have been fair.  I would hate to see this in my league.

• Like 3

Another deal....  12 Team 0.5 PPR, 1 QB  (TE 1.0 PPR - I JUST LEARNED THIS!! )

I gave up 1.01 and 2.05 

I received Phi RB Miles Sanders & Det TE TJ Hockenson 

1 minute ago, Birdie048 said:

I gave up 1.01 and 2.05 

:unsure: I would not have done this. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

:unsure: I would not have done this. 

Care to elaborate why?  I would appreciate the insight.

I just do not have faith in Pitt OL and was not comfortable with Najee at 1.01 

I was thinking TE Pitts was a possible move but I figured TJ was a quality TE and Sanders filled the gap IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

I was thinking TE Pitts was a possible move but I figured TJ was a quality TE and Sanders filled the gap IMO. 

Then take Chase. Or Pitts. Or even Etienne. Williams too. I think they're all better options than Sanders. 

Sanders' long term future is quite tenuous. And I don't think Hockenson makes the leap in production people are projecting. 

I think, In general, people worry way too much about the TE position. Most people are in the same boat. Make up the points differential with the other positions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Traded my 1.03 when it was OTC.  Pitts and Chase were off the board.

Netted Kamara in return for it, straight up.

12-team, 1 QB, have to start 2 RB.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

The reason I would not have done it was that 1.01 usually keeps increasing in value as you near the draft as people read articles and get excited for the shiny new toy.  Sanders is nowhere near a 1.01 value in most people's eyes as he is a solid RB but not a difference maker.  

I generally don't value draft picks as much as others because I think it is a crap shoot for most picks but the 1.01 is a bit different.  It's still a crapshoot but the perceived value by most dynasty owners is usually huge.  I just think you left value on the table with that move.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TVT 0 N S T A said:

Definitely could have pulled the trade off with just 1.02 and, if anything, future pick in 2nd or 3rd.  In a bubble, none of those guys, Helaire included, helps make the team any better than 1 02 and Jefferson do.  Even in a win-now environment... give me JJ and one of the big 3 RBs over the mess of unmentionables he got in return.  This is how dynasty teams get ran into the ground.  

People are so fickle - CEH was the 1.01 in most leagues last season. I'm not saying this is a good trade (it's horrible) but CEH could surely outperform the 1.02 or Jefferson in Year 2 with a presummedly bigger role.

55 minutes ago, Gally said:

The reason I would not have done it was that 1.01 usually keeps increasing in value as you near the draft as people read articles and get excited for the shiny new toy.  Sanders is nowhere near a 1.01 value in most people's eyes as he is a solid RB but not a difference maker.  

I generally don't value draft picks as much as others because I think it is a crap shoot for most picks but the 1.01 is a bit different.  It's still a crapshoot but the perceived value by most dynasty owners is usually huge.  I just think you left value on the table with that move.  

I always appreciate different perspectives ....  

I am expecting the value of the 1.01 to depreciate this year.  I just don't see Najee Harris as a "clear cut #1 Dynasty Pick".  

I was leaning toward taking Pitts at 1.01 over Harris or Chase.  My league is start 1-3 RB and I just picked up Chubb & D Harris.  TE & QB are my major deficiency.   So if I was taking Pitts, getting Sanders & TJ for Pitts was how I viewed it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Busts is always possible but 1.01 is a lot safer than most.  I'd much prefer getting someone with top 1-3 upside like Harris or Chase than someone with top 12 upside like Sanders/Moore.

I hear you. That kind of upside is good. And maybe our valuations are pretty far apart. I do think sanders has that kind of upside. People are pretty down on him right now. But I'm not. Moore, I'm not so sure about. And I don't know how anyone can know that a player has top 3 upside until we see them play. 

Edited by Mark Football

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

I always appreciate different perspectives ....  

I am expecting the value of the 1.01 to depreciate this year.  I just don't see Najee Harris as a "clear cut #1 Dynasty Pick".  

I was leaning toward taking Pitts at 1.01 over Harris or Chase.  My league is start 1-3 RB and I just picked up Chubb & D Harris.  TE & QB are my major deficiency.   So if I was taking Pitts, getting Sanders & TJ for Pitts was how I viewed it. 

But someone will.  It always happens.  (and I am not referring to Harris necessarily....but someone will have their clear cut guy whoever that may be) The fact you don't see a clear cut #1 is the reason to shop it for sure but I have no doubt that offer you received would still be available the day of your draft if you wanted it.  The 1.01 will always go up in value as the draft approaches.  It's the unbridled hope that the player someone wants will hit their absolute peak and the glamour that comes with having the 1.01 pick.  

I am with you in that I don't think there is a clear cut guy but you have 9 or 11 other owners that will think there is one guy they must have and that is why the pick will gain value as you get closer to the draft.  

Edited by Gally
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Traded my 1.03 when it was OTC.  Pitts and Chase were off the board.

Netted Kamara in return for it, straight up.

12-team, 1 QB, have to start 2 RB.

You in a league with Najee Harris’ mom? Love this to happen when I’m on the clock at 1.3 in my 1QB, PPR with those two gone.

3 hours ago, Birdie048 said:

I gave up 1.01 and 2.05 

I'm not a fan of this either.  I just don't see Sanders as good enough.  I get if you aren't a believer in Harris.  You probably could have moved down to 3 and taken Chase or Pitts and picked up a TE with it and more.  Hock has Goff now who hasn't really been great for TEs.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Mark Football said:

I hear you. That kind of upside is good. And maybe our valuations are pretty far apart. I do think sanders has that kind of upside. People are pretty down on him right now. But I'm not. Moore, I'm not so sure about. And I don't know how anyone can know that a player has top 3 upside until we see them play. 

I don't "know" but we are talking upside.  I agree on Moore but some people seem really high on him.  If you are that high on Sanders then this isn't a bad trade.  I just don't see him in that same light personally.

• Like 1

Looking for some advice/perspective....

10 team 0.5 PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2DL/2LB/2DB   Perennial contender, finished 2nd last year.  RB is a relative weakness (Chubb, Edmonds, David Johnson, Connor, Drake, Harris, J Wilson, Hyde)

Currently have Kelce, trade offer in place to trade him straight up for Mixon.  

I have draft pick slot 9.  I have good intel that Pitts will be drafted at slot 1.05 if not 1.04.  

Owner of 1.02 asking for 1.09, 2.09, 2022 1st and 2nd to move up to 1.02, where I can get Pitts.  

Is moving up for Pitts worth all that draft capital?  The Pro is resetting my TE position with a potentially dominant top 2 TE and increasing RB strength.  Con is losing all the draft capital. I've read 2022 will be a less talented draft class overall than recent years.  

Just made this one in 10 man PPR. My top 3 running backs are Henry, Aaron Jones and Zack Moss. After that, I don’t have much, and I feel like Davis can be a solid RB2 this season. Guy who had Davis is the worst team in the league.                                                                     Gave: 3.07, 2022 3rd                                             Got: Mike Davis 

3 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Just made this one in 10 man PPR. My top 3 running backs are Henry, Aaron Jones and Zack Moss. After that, I don’t have much, and I feel like Davis can be a solid RB2 this season. Guy who had Davis is the worst team in the league.                                                                     Gave: 3.07, 2022 3rd                                             Got: Mike Davis 

Good move for you.  As a Davis owner I wouldn’t move him for 2 3rds.  I’d rather get an established player in a position of need for my team or hold onto him as a depth RB for my team.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, menobrown said:

Honestly for me the fact he did what he did last year on two knees that required surgery has made me actually higher on him. But I'd still take the picks and AROB.

That is one way of looking at it and another is he had surgery on both knees in just his 2nd yr and his physical play seems to lead to getting banged up a bit. All good MB, perhaps that's all more perception than reality on my part.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Hock has Goff now who hasn't really been great for TEs.

I wouldn't say that, it's just that the targets were split between Everette and Higbee

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rizzonius said:

Looking for some advice/perspective....

10 team 0.5 PPR 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/2DL/2LB/2DB   Perennial contender, finished 2nd last year.  RB is a relative weakness (Chubb, Edmonds, David Johnson, Connor, Drake, Harris, J Wilson, Hyde)

Currently have Kelce, trade offer in place to trade him straight up for Mixon.  

I have draft pick slot 9.  I have good intel that Pitts will be drafted at slot 1.05 if not 1.04.  

Owner of 1.02 asking for 1.09, 2.09, 2022 1st and 2nd to move up to 1.02, where I can get Pitts.  

Is moving up for Pitts worth all that draft capital?  The Pro is resetting my TE position with a potentially dominant top 2 TE and increasing RB strength.  Con is losing all the draft capital. I've read 2022 will be a less talented draft class overall than recent years.  

Wrong thread - this one is for completed trades. Try the assistant coach forum, or reword a bit for this thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/748837-dynasty-value-discussion-thread/page/241/#comments

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I think this is a really solid move and think the other guy is selling low on someone that could be a solid player for this year at least.  These are the types of moves that can help you truly contend but aren't the prettiest.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Dez said:

14 team PPR 1.5 TE

CEH

Chicago def

for

two 2022 1st, 2.14, 3.05, 3.07, 3.14

Picks unless I’m contending, then I’d still do it if I have the depth to absorb it

34 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

I already know that I’m going to get lambasted for this, but:

Sent: James Robinson

Got: Darnell Mooney

0.75 PPR

Eh, hmmm....errrrrrr I can’t really say Robinson definitively. I think it has to be Robinson, he’ll get work and eventually he signs with another team. Mooney could have a lot of opportunity as well, and if fields is really good it could really hit. 

• Thanks 1

That is true as well but to think that you can just put those 2 numbers together (in McVay's offense instead of whatever Detroit will do) and Hock will be that is a mistake to me.

But for the same reason, it's a mistake to say that he was not good for TE's in McVay's offense so he won't be in Detroit either.  Goff is at his best throwing short quick routes to Kupp and Woods for the Rams.  That is the area where Hock should feast.  None of us know how the Lions offense will shake out but my bet is that Goff will be beneficial to Hockenson overall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

it's a mistake to say that he was not good for TE's in McVay's offense

Because he was actually good for TEs in that offense.  As a group, not necessarily for either of the two of them.

That is true as well but to think that you can just put those 2 numbers together (in McVay's offense instead of whatever Detroit will do) and Hock will be that is a mistake to me.

I didn’t say that. You said he’s not good for TEs so I pointed out the flaw in that statement.

I do think he’ll see heavy targets though because he’s arguably their best offensive weapon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dez said:

14 team PPR 1.5 TE

CEH

Chicago def

for

two 2022 1st, 2.14, 3.05, 3.07, 3.14

Just looking a the 2#1's as random I'd rather have CEH, if I thought they were locks to be high I would reconsider.

1 hour ago, tangfoot said:

I already know that I’m going to get lambasted for this, but:

Sent: James Robinson

Got: Darnell Mooney

0.75 PPR

Yea I don't like it for you. I have Robinson in some leagues and just planning on holding on. Not getting my hopes up buy maybe he's at least a low end sometimes useful RB2. I think he's pretty unhappy right now and Urban only likes 4/5 star players so I'm mainly holding in hopes it gets to point were Robinson wants out and another team appreciates Robinson more then Urban enough to make a deal.  This coach and player are a bad marriage and I'm just hoping he can get free at some point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Yea I don't like it for you. I have Robinson in some leagues and just planning on holding on. Not getting my hopes up buy maybe he's at least a low end sometimes useful RB2. I think he's pretty unhappy right now and Urban only likes 4/5 star players so I'm mainly holding in hopes it gets to point were Robinson wants out and another team appreciates Robinson more then Urban enough to make a deal.  This coach and player are a bad marriage and I'm just hoping he can get free at some point.

Eh. Robinson has two years left and then he’s an RFA

I've been working on the Pitts owner for almost a year in our Devy league and last night he agreed and hit the button this morning to make things official.

Dynasty, Devy, IDP, PPR (TE Premium, +1 PPR for TE), 6 points all TDs

I gave: D'Andre Swift, Robert Woods, Dallas Goedert
I got: Cam Akers, Marvin Jones, Kyle Pitts

He really wanted Swift and I really wanted Pitts and we've been doing this dance a while. Once I upgraded the TE in the deal to Goedert, that was enough to make him pull the trigger. Super happy on my end to finally get Pitts.

4 minutes ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

12 team PPR 1QB 

Wasn’t involved but interested to see feedback:

Team A trades:

CEH 

Team B trades:

DK Metcalf 

I'm down on CEH and I still wouldn't have done this. The Seattle offense is a dangerous one to invest in, unless it's best ball.

3 minutes ago, Jayded said:

I've been working on the Pitts owner for almost a year in our Devy league and last night he agreed and hit the button this morning to make things official.

He really wanted Swift and I really wanted Pitts and we've been doing this dance a while. Once I upgraded the TE in the deal to Goedert, that was enough to make him pull the trigger. Super happy on my end to finally get Pitts.

You upgraded your RB and TE positions for, at worst, a slight downgrade at WR. What's not to like?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jayded said:

I prefer your side by a good deal. As Andy said, I think you upgraded two positions.

• Like 1

Yeah I was surprised he viewed Akers as a downgrade. I didn't love Swift and when we started talking he didn't either, but his RBs were awful and he fell in love. I liked what I saw at the end of the season out of Akers but my target all along was Pitts. My only "problem" this creates is my WR1 is Ridley so I will figure out if I can make a relatively even or upgrade swap there next if possible before our draft.

Just now, Jayded said:

Yeah I was surprised he viewed Akers as a downgrade. I didn't love Swift and when we started talking he didn't either, but his RBs were awful and he fell in love. I liked what I saw at the end of the season out of Akers but my target all along was Pitts. My only "problem" this creates is my WR1 is Ridley so I will figure out if I can make a relatively even or upgrade swap there next if possible before our draft.

Nothing wrong with that either.

1 minute ago, Jayded said:

Ridley >>>> Woods

40 minutes ago, Jayded said:

This is a great move.  I like Pitts much more than Goedert and Akers over Swift but you can argue that is a wash.  It is nice when a trade comes together after putting in that much work.

20 minutes ago, Jayded said:

Ridley is a really solid WR1 so nothing wrong with that.  I'm sure you can find some depth at WR if needed but I wouldn't look at Ridley as a downer.

12 team PPR SF IDP

Got: 
McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB; 
Washington, James PIT WR

Gave: 
Hurts, Jalen PHI QB; 
Crowder, Jamison NYJ WR; 
Year 2021 Draft Pick 1.08; 
Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.09; 
Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick

2 minutes ago, mzkp54 said:

12 team PPR SF IDP

Got: 
Washington, James PIT WR

Gave: 
Hurts, Jalen PHI QB; 
Crowder, Jamison NYJ WR; 

I don't play IDP but I would say this seems light for CMC to me.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, mzkp54 said:

12 team PPR SF IDP

Got: 
Washington, James PIT WR

Gave: 
Hurts, Jalen PHI QB; 
Crowder, Jamison NYJ WR; 

Seems like trade rape to me even in SF.

1 hour ago, mzkp54 said:

12 team PPR SF IDP

Got: 
Washington, James PIT WR

Gave: 
Hurts, Jalen PHI QB; 
Crowder, Jamison NYJ WR; 

So Bill O’Brien is in your fantasy league? 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****