What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

I thought we moved past this Henderson thing.  From what I saw down the stretch Akers is "the guy".
He had one big game, a few mediocre games and a HUGE stinker in Week 17. I do not own either RB, but I'm not sure why "we" moved past Henderson when he performed just as well for most of the season as the offseason darling Akers.

Akers owners have blindly moved past this Henderson thing but reality might tell us otherwise.I own no shares of Akers and only a lonely share of Henderson but I’m baffled at the crowning of Akers already..
Not sure why you're baffled, because it seemed pretty clear who the main RB was and it was Akers.  I'm one of those Henderson guys who fought tooth and nail for him, but unlike some, I know when I'm defeated.

He had one big game, a few mediocre games and a HUGE stinker in Week 17. I do not own either RB, but I'm not sure why "we" moved past Henderson when he performed just as well for most of the season as the offseason darling Akers.
That HUGE stinker came when he played with a high ankle sprain (the same injury that landed Henderson on IR). I think he deserves a pass on that one.

When you see what happened the last ~6 weeks of their season it's hard to come away thinking anything but this is Akers' backfield. Henderson will have a role, but he'll be playing 2nd fiddle.

That HUGE stinker came when he played with a high ankle sprain (the same injury that landed Henderson on IR). I think he deserves a pass on that one.

When you see what happened the last ~6 weeks of their season it's hard to come away thinking anything but this is Akers' backfield. Henderson will have a role, but he'll be playing 2nd fiddle.
I actually agree with the bolded - I just don't think Henderson is going away though like some seem to think.

I actually agree with the bolded - I just don't think Henderson is going away though like some seem to think.
I don't see anyone saying that Henderson is going away, but I do see some suggesting a full on split, which you "liked".

This is a high-powered offense that got better with Stafford, and 124 RB touches were freed up by not bring Brown back. The last 6 weeks showed a very clear trend, so while nothing is guaranteed, it certainly seems like Akers is poised to have a huge year as the lead RB even with Henderson getting his ~8-10 touches per game.

Just a fair reminder, after 2019 Tyler Higbee finished the last ~6 weeks of the season as PPR dynamite at TE and almost everyone was sure this meant he was going to have a huge 2020 (which we all know he didn't). Obviously different position and everything, but we should probably be a little wary of the fickle nature of McVay and the Ram's offense.

I "liked it" - oh my.
The point is, you're projecting- not a single person has said Henderson is going away as you claim, while others have said it's going to be a full on rbbc.

Just a fair reminder, after 2019 Tyler Higbee finished the last ~6 weeks of the season as PPR dynamite at TE and almost everyone was sure this meant he was going to have a huge 2020 (which we all know he didn't). Obviously different position and everything, but we should probably be a little wary of the fickle nature of McVay and the Ram's offense.
Sure, which is why I put the disclaimer that nothing is guaranteed. However, Higbee had 3 1/2 seasons of nothing prior to that, and that good stretch came while Everett was injured. There were red flags all over that "surge".

Wow, as a CEH owner I'll take Metcalf
For me it's less about CEH or Metcalf and about value of having two young first or nearly first round pedigreed RB's or one RB with a Chase or PItts.

If we could agree for just this exercise that Dobbins and Gibson are RB's similar in value to CEH and that Najee has no chance to make it to 4  I would put it this way:

(CEH or Dobbins or Gibson)+ (Chase or PItts or ETN or Williams) > Any WR in the NFL

A couple more trades went down this week in my league .... 0.5 PPR / TE 1.0 PPR  1 QB / 1-3 RB / 2-5 WR / 1-2 TE 

Not involved in these .....

Team A gave up DK Metcalf & 2022 2nd (late?)

Team B gave up 1.03 

Team C gave up Mike Evans & 2022 1st (mid?)

Team D gave up Zeke 

Team D gave up Jalen Reagor & 2022 1st (no idea)

Team E gave up Antonio Gibson
I'll jump on board with the 1st one being terrible.  No way that 2nd should be included at all.  The 2nd was an overpay for Zeke but I don't have a problem with it for win now team as he should have a big season this year and maybe 1 more after.  The last one is probably a little light for Gibson but depending on where that 22 pick ends up it could even out nicely for Team E but not good business to do deals like this.

I agree. People are overlooking Henderson who actually outperformed Akers most weeks.
That is very true but Akers was banged up and with no off-season it took some rookies a while to settle in.  I think it is obvious which one is more talented.  Henderson will still get work for sure but Brown being gone helps them both too.  I agree that you could make an argument for Akers or Swift depending on your preference though.

If you want Metcalf you are not gonna get him without stepping up...a lot of this depends on what your roster looks like but I have zero issues doing this if I wanted to add DKM as it's definitely not an overpay...I am not real high on CEH so I don't mind giving him up at all...don't know how the draft goes but if Chase-Pitts-Najee go in the first three picks than I would love this deal even more as the new DK Owner...unless CEH turns into a legit difference-maker (and he did not look like one last year) I think this is a pretty safe deal to get Metcalf...I also feel that if you needed to deal Metcalf at a later date I think you should at least get back in value what you gave up here.
Except in 1 of my 16 team leagues someone did a step down and still got Metcalf.  I posted this a while ago.

1.06, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06, 5.06 for Metcalf.  So basically picks 6 and 22 because everything after that in a 16 teamer is crap shoot.

Reagor for free

——-
Shenault is probably a bit ahead of the 1.09 today

Brown for 2.10 feels right

Penny for 4.02 feels right

I lean toward the Viska side if only because I hate the back half of the 1st round this year. 

Akers owners have blindly moved past this Henderson thing but reality might tell us otherwise.I own no shares of Akers and only a lonely share of Henderson but I’m baffled at the crowning of Akers already..

Very surprised at the thoughts on Akers.  I think McVay learned his lesson about eggs and baskets from Gurley and is now a full on RBBC-lover.  I see a huge split here and maybe even a game-to-game role flip if he tries to out-think opponents.  If Akers is getting this kind of love I need to get him on the block. 

I'll take CEH/1.04 over Metcalf in most leagues but it's close and individual team need could sway me.
Split of carries once Akers took over the backfield (last 4 games of regular season and 2 playoff games)

Percent Carries to Akers, Akers, Henderson, Brown

78%, 21, 3, 3

93%, 29, 2, 0

65%, 15, 1, 7

88%, 21, - , 3

76%, 28, -, 9

100%, 18, -, 0

I'll take Keenan. I'm pretty high on him though.
So, at this stage of his career you like Keenan Allen over Waddle, Smith, ETN, and Williams?   Assuming Harris, Chase, and Pitts are gone.

edited:  didn’t realize it was superflex, that’s even worse for the Keenan Allen side if you can get Harris, Chase, or Pitts.  Why would anyone take a 29 year old WR over those guys in a dynasty league?

Last edited by a moderator:
Superflex I would take 1.06 over Keenan pretty easily.

Non-SF I would want 1.05 to guarantee I could get one of the top 3 RBs, Chase, or Pitts.  I would take Keenan over Smith/Waddle I think.

Superflex I would take 1.06 over Keenan pretty easily.

Non-SF I would 1.05 to guarantee I could get one of the top 3 RBs, Chase, or Pitts.  I would take Keenan over Smith/Waddle I think.
You probably won’t be saying that last sentence this time next year.

You probably won’t be saying that last sentence this time next year.
Probably but if you win the Chip this year, then it wouldn't matter.  Smith/Waddle are still both undersized and in places that aren't notorious for WRs blowing up recently with QBs that are unproven.  SF though, the pick has to be the better choice but if you want to win, Allen is worth much more than one of those other WRs.

12 team 0.5 PPR SF

Gave: Keenan, Mostert

got: 1.06, Beasley
If it wasn't SF and 0.5PPR I'd stick with Keenan, especially if you had any kind of playoff hopes, but those two factors make this a pretty clear win to me. Congrats. 

If it wasn't SF and 0.5PPR I'd stick with Keenan, especially if you had any kind of playoff hopes, but those two factors make this a pretty clear win to me. Congrats. 
I have a contender roster but Watson and Rodgers at QB, plus just got hit by the JRob grenade so this felt like a good move to stay competitive but set up for the future a little. 

also just traded 2.06 for fitzmagic

now have:

Rodgers/Watson/fitz

Cook/Zeke/Jrob/DHarris

Adams/DJM/ Diontae/Beasley

lthomas

with a good draft pick or 2 and depending how qb news goes I think I can be in good shape this year and going forward  

12 team SF 0.25 ppr RB, 0.75 ppr WR, 1.25 ppr TE

Team A gives: L Fournette, N Agholor

Team B gives: 2022 1st Round rookie pick

Team A had the 1st pick in this year's draft, Team B had the 3rd pick.

Ok ... it must be contagious in my league... another trade today 

12 Team 1 QB 0.5 PPR / 1.0 PPR TE

Team A gave up RB T Henry & WR T Hill

Team B gave up WR Chark, 1.05, 1.10 & 3.05

Team A has gone full rebuild 

Gave 

1.10 + 2.3 + Watkins

Get

Montgomery

Was hoping for Serman at 1.10, once he was gone I decided to offer this trade, I'm kinda deep at WR. I think Monty is for real, especially with Fields in town.
Assuming the 1 QB format... This seems like rookie draft love to an extreme. Montgomery needs to get some credit for what he's done thus far. This is great value for the 1.10 and the  2.3 and Watkins in this deal are throw aways

Oof. Basically just gave Hill and Henry away. Even in a rebuilding scenario, that's about 25 cents on the dollar. 

I am pretty big on Chark this year and moving forward but I don't think I could do this. Mmmmmaybe if I were really in love with Pitts and he was OTC at 1.05 and I was already really strong at RB. Henry and Hill for Pitts and Chark? That might not seem so crazy a year from now. Today I don't like it. The 1.10 doesn't help it enough. 

Holy ####### ####. Somebody just traded me the 1.01 for the 1.04 and 2.04.

Thank you, Jesus. I did not offer this, this came to me.

How do you all think I did?

It's a 53-man roster, 9 offense, 9 defense IDP league, so picks are huge, but...

Holy ####### ####. I just walked into Ja'Marr Chase or Najee Harris.

Users who are viewing this thread