What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

In January in a 12 team SF with enhanced TE PPR I was offered McLaurin for Logan Thomas and my 5th and 6th round rookie picks. The owner making the offer is a lowballer that makes the most trades in the league  by far. 🤷‍♂️ I just clicked Accept and shook my head.

ETA - I realized I needed to add to my post. In a PPR league in which I have a need at WR, I approached the McLaurin owner (who has a need at RB) and offered Swift. His response was Swift was a nice starting offer. But, if I was serious about acquiring McLaurin I should add draft picks (yes, plural) or another "significant roster player". 

So, can somebody explain to me how two people can value one player so differently? I'm not so sure the trade sheerterror posted is collusion.
To comment on your add - this one is very strange as you have a lowball owner who reverse lowballed himself straight into your favor.  Obviously he values Thomas higher than Swift for some unforeseen reason, but this is a TE enhanced league so perhaps he had a slip of value judgement/let his guard down etc.?  Obviously this deal doesn't also explain the concept of Aiyuk straight up for Beasley, and those guys have about a 100 place dynasty ADP startup differential iirc. 

"Okay the Board of Traders voted 6-5 to allow the trade to stand if Team A adds something on to his side of the trade. Some felt the trade should be vetoed but the while the majority did feel it wasn’t a trade they would do, it wasn’t so earth shattering that it should be vetoed. They all agreed there was no collusion however. 

So what the teams have decided to do is Team A will send B Marlon Mack as a part of the trade to give B Jonathan Taylor’s backup. It makes the trade more palatable for the Board and while still not a truly fair trade, it works better. "

Man that looks even worse after rereading it for the 51st time.
According to Hindry's May value chart:

38 - Swift

27 - Aiyuk

Tier Break

Tier Break

Tier Break

Tier Break

Tier Break

Tier Break

6 - Logan Thomas

5 - Cole Beasley

In other news, Zealots PPR/6pts for all...

Team A gave: Daniel Jones, Chuba Hubbard

Team B gave: Deshaun Watson

This after an entire off-season of Team B saying that he wouldn't let Watson go for cheap. Every day I like the league less.

Edit: And then another guy comments....

WTH?  This trade makes no sense?   Am I missing something?  Watson isnt going to play football anytime soon and for the forseable future. I guess Michael (the Raiders owner) is betting Watson will play at some point in the next couple of years ...... a stiff price to pay for someone that has an iffy future.
:shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, to anyone saying that there *must* be something fishy going on - I'm not going to say I'd be surprised if that turned out to be true, but I legitimately wonder if this is just stupidity run amok. It seems like if somebody were trying to pull a cheat move here, it would be maybe just a *little* more subtle than this? IDK. 
I get that people make "dumb" trades sometimes - but there's nothing on the Beasley/Thomas side to "fool" someone into overpaying for it. I don't see how some one drafts Swift and Aiyuk last season and is so disappointed in them that they decide to flip them for a 30 year old converted TE (who did perform well at least) and a WR6. I guess I shouldn't speak in absolutes and use the word "must" but I can't imagine some one dumb enough to accept that offer would last in a dynasty league.

Edit: Saw sheerterror answered my question above.

How is this independent board composed? Was the commissioner one of the parties involved in the trade?

This after an entire off-season of Team B saying that he wouldn't let Watson go for cheap. Every day I like the league less.

Interesting comment by "another guy" because if you Google iffy future, Daniel Jones comes up.

Interesting comment by "another guy" because if you Google iffy future, Daniel Jones comes up.
The comment was strange.  This is a guy that thinks Watson will play at some point but even if he doesn't it isn't like he is giving up anything of consequence.  This seems like a totally reasonable trade by both sides and completely hinges on how you see Watson's future (which is still yet to be decided and we know how random suspensions etc can be).

To clarify, the vote went to a "board of traders" or something - and not an actual league vote.  The commissioner i suppose has an arbitrary group of 10 other people he will send votes out to, and they voted 6-5 in favor of upholding the deal.
That just seems dumb.  I have full power in my leagues as they trust me as the Commish and have never had an issue.  It is my job to protect the integrity of the league.  Not sure where he found this "board of traders" but they are terrible if they approved this.  They just lost all confidence that I would ever have in them.

The comment was strange.  This is a guy that thinks Watson will play at some point but even if he doesn't it isn't like he is giving up anything of consequence.  This seems like a totally reasonable trade by both sides and completely hinges on how you see Watson's future (which is still yet to be decided and we know how random suspensions etc can be).
No it doesn't. Better to have a guy capable of having elite production versus a guy nearly guaranteed to be average at best, but more likely out of a job soon. 

And I know the former Watson guy had better offers...because I gave him some. Maybe he just doesn't like me.

That is selling incredibly cheap on Watson and the person who posted that doesn't know how to value players very well.  Not sure I would like that league much either.

No it doesn't. Better to have a guy capable of having elite production versus a guy nearly guaranteed to be average at best, but more likely out of a job soon. 

And I know the former Watson guy had better offers...because I gave him some. Maybe he just doesn't like me.
Andy, Andy....doesn't like you???? How is that even possible?????

I have no idea about other offers.  My point was this wasn't an unreasonable trade.  Could he have gotten more?  Probably but it is no Swift/Ayuik for Thomas/Beasley

Andy, Andy....doesn't like you???? How is that even possible?????
I could see why some of the boys took him for snobby. He has a quiet way about him, a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal around here. He strolled, like a man in a park without a care or a worry in the world, like he had on an invisible coat that would shield him from this place. Yeah, I think it would be fair to say... I liked Andy from the start.

I have no idea about other offers.  My point was this wasn't an unreasonable trade.  Could he have gotten more?  Probably but it is no Swift/Ayuik for Thomas/Beasley
No, but it's not far.

There's a whole thread for Waston but... What's the most time he could possibly miss ? This year? Even if he did he'll definitely be playing next year again so it's not like it's worth the risk to just dump him. And what he got in return, Jones, is awful.

I could see it if there were criminal charges or the NFL had just handed down some super harsh judgement, but we are a long way from only being able to unload him for peanuts yet. Heck, guys held on to players like Vick in my leagues for months even after he was arrested and charged.

No, but it's not far.

There's a whole thread for Waston but... What's the most time he could possibly miss ? This year? Even if he did he'll definitely be playing next year again so it's not like it's worth the risk to just dump him. And what he got in return, Jones, is awful.
Not everyone thinks Jones is awful and the Giants surely went out of their way to give him weapons. I’m not saying it’s a good deal but I’ve seen worse “panic” trades.

🤷‍♂️ It's entirely possible he thinks a 3rd year QB who just added a 1st round receiver, gets a stud RB back (who is also a good receiver), added a very good WR, might improve. I don't value Jones as a top 10 QB but don't really fault those who do. 

I don't even know what to think anymore. I'm shocked that this one isn't obvious. 

One last thing we can move on -  Jason Garrett is still the Giants offensive coordinator. 

Wow, this a terrible conversation.

Any other comments on a legit blockbuster type of trade I posted earlier?

To refresh:

Calvin Ridley and Noah Fant

For

Justin Jefferson and Terace Marshall

To refresh:

For

Dealer's choice. Fair.

I'd take JJ & TM by a hair.

No, but it's not far.

Totally agree.  I'd say 6 weeks to a year.  He is back next year and elite.  That was a terrible trade.  He got nothing of real value.

To refresh:

For

I think this is an extremely fair trade.  I'm not as high on Marshall as everyone else but Fant still has Lock throwing the ball to him and more comp for balls with Sutton back.  I love Ridley and Jefferson so this could go either way.  I think I slightly side with Ridley/Fant because of my feelings on Marshall but have no problem with either side at all.

In my league, non-ppr:

• Team A: 1.12, Josh Jacobs, Deebo Samuel
  • Team B: 1.02 (Owner has said Pitts or Najee)
I honestly don't know if this is enough for me to trade 1.02 in standard scoring but I could see the thought process.  We just don't know what we get from Jacobs with Drake and that O-line or with Deebo's health with Aiyuk there.  I also don't see as much value at the end of the 1st this year as a lot of people.  I'd swing for the fences at 1.02 but understand the thought process here.  I would have just needed a better player back without the questions.

Wow. Big trade. Ok here goes.

Gibson + LF = Taylor + Mostert
Cooper+Diontae+Chark+Trautman = Tyreek + Andrews

1.08 (w or w/out DJones) >>>>>>>> Beasley plus Meyers (I don't even know who that is). 

But. I can see it either way. My "math" is fuzzy and silly anyway. Cost of doing business seems about right here if anyone were going to say the 1.08 is free. Taylor/Tyreek/Andrews is a helluva get.  And the other side just got a decent starting lineup if it was needed. I'd be curious to see how the rosters looked before/after but that is one of the biggest/best trades I've seen in awhile. 

The way I see this trade is that I upgraded 3 starting spots RB2 WR1 and TE and downgraded 2 spots WR3 and Flex.

I think WR3 and Flex are much easier to fix.

Long term this deal may hurt a little but going for it this year.

Roster before was 

Herbert, Jones

Kamara, Gibson, Fournette, Henderson, Michel

Jefferson, Cooper, D Johnson, Chark. Samuel, A Brown, Slayton, G Davis

Trautman, Knox

After

Herbert

Kamara, Taylor , Mostert, Henderson, Michel

Jefferson, Hill,  Samuel, A Brown, Slayton, G Davis, Beasley, Meyers

Trautman, Knox

12 team non-ppr start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/1flex/1k

Derrick Henry, 3.10, 3rd/22

For

2.03, 1st/22 (likely lottery top 8), 3rd/24

Part of me says that's overkill.

If this is a long standing league with very few bad trades, I'd stay.

If it's new, I'm gone.
I can understand that.  But if I am a long term league member and this is the norm, I am gone. 

If it is a rare occurrance and nothing like this happened in the past, I can see waiting.  Especially since the OP was a strong contender in the league.  But I am still dumbfounded on how 6 league owners find this deal reasonable.  These are the 6 I would be sending all sorts of LOW BALL OFFERS to for them to justify why they voted to allow that trade.  

People know they don't HAVE to trade veterans, right?
This goes into the dynasty mentality of "playing for next year".  Too many dynasty owners want to get rid of a guy "a year too early" and get those shiny new toys and forget that you are still trying to win in most cases.  Playing for next year generally turns into always playing for next year.....which never comes because there is always a next year.  

To clarify, the vote went to a "board of traders" or something - and not an actual league vote.  The commissioner i suppose has an arbitrary group of 10 other people he will send votes out to, and they voted 6-5 in favor of upholding the deal.
Well I can tell you there are definitively six people who should be removed from the Board of Traders.  

I honestly don't know if this is enough for me to trade 1.02 in standard scoring but I could see the thought process.  We just don't know what we get from Jacobs with Drake and that O-line or with Deebo's health with Aiyuk there.  I also don't see as much value at the end of the 1st this year as a lot of people.  I'd swing for the fences at 1.02 but understand the thought process here.  I would have just needed a better player back without the questions.
That's fair, and I think najee > Jacobs, but even that's not a lock. Even with Drake. 

Fruitbat said:

For

This is not even close to enough for King Henry.  I get moving him if you are trying to rebuild but I'd say this is light by a 1st round pick easily.  Probably an extra 1st and keeping at least one of those 3rds.  Terrible return.  It might even be worse that I just noticed this was non-PPR too which raises his value even.

-OZ- said:
That's fair, and I think najee > Jacobs, but even that's not a lock. Even with Drake. 
I totally understand the thinking and I liked Jacobs before the Raiders moves this year.  I'm a Niner fan so I like Deebo too.  I just like the upside of a top 2 pick right now.  I'm a swing big type guy but totally get the other side of this.

Fruitbat said:

For

To pile on, terrible value for Henry.

ghostguy123 said:

To refresh:

For

Not much to say when they're so fair. It's always the crazy ones that get the most talk. Or the ones that people *think* are crazy but other respected posters come in on the other side of. I like to read those. But on this one it's totally preference and needs. I probably have to go JJ and Marshall though.

For the record I don't think Jones/Hubbard for Watson is even remotely close to as bad as the other one. Multiple orders of magnitude better. If I had other QB options and CMC I would probably not even think twice about doing this deal. I'm not a Jones believer but I don't care about Watson enough in single QB to say this one is bad.

If the deal is that he could have got a better price, then yes I understand the frustration. Anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread