Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

10 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

12 Team PPR. Deep benches

Team A gets:  Swift, 1.7, Herbert, Dillion, Darrayton Evans 

Team B:  James Robinson, Melvin Gordon, Kenny Golladay, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, 4.11, Malcom Brown/Salvon Ahmed. 

Swift side for me

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Gally said:

This feeds into my point.  It is much easier to get the aging veteran that still has value in the current year because people want the shiny new toy so the value is so much better.  This is where the balance comes in.  If you can get the Lamb/Akers for reasonable prices of course you do it unfortunately that very rarely happens.  The key is finding the disappointing 2nd/3rd year guys that have a reason to improve and getting them at a discount. That is where you get true value.  

I think this is one of the quirks that makes the game go. I can thrive by picking guys who will become studs before they prove it for my older sturs before they start to fall off. You can thrive picking older guys who turn out to have 2-3 good years left for your shiny kids that don't prove out. I need to be good at picking which kids will be stars. You need to be good at picking which older gentlemen have quality years left. I'm glad we're both good at what we do. I imagine the guy who can do both flawlessly will thrash us both - at least in his own mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

Team B:  James Robinson, Melvin Gordon, Kenny Golladay, Carson Wentz, Jared Goff, 4.11, Malcom Brown/Salvon Ahmed. 

Omg not even close...

• Like 5

Team A easily...the three best Dynasty pieces in this deal are Swift, Herbert and the 1.7 and Dillon is far more than a throw-in...I really don't understand what Team B is trying to accomplish with this deal.

• Like 1

That's pretty gross. 

3 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

No

• Like 1

Several trades now that the draft is fully underway.  1 QB 1-3 RB/2-5WR/1-3TE 0.5 PPR / 1.0 PPR TE

TEAM A Gave up:  QB D Carr LVR, QB T Taylor Hou, WR B Edwards LVR, TE J Cook LAC

TEAM B Gave up:  TE Jonnu Smith NEP

TEAM C Gave up: QB D Watson Hou, TE L Thomas Was

TEAM D Gave up: TE M Gesicki, 2.09 (Nico Collins)

TEAM A Gave up: RB Miles Sanders Phil

TEAM E Gave up: WR M Brown Balt, 4.04, 2022 1st 

TEAM D Gave up: QB R Tannehill Tenn, 2022 1st

TEAM E Gave up: 2.01 (Rashod Bateman)

Received this offer in a 12 team super flex league, TE premium (2ppr):
Wentz and J. Chase
for
T Higgins, Mims, H. Henry, Fournette, Gaskin

My team is a contender but needs a RB2 (or two) and would like another startable TE. Other squad needs a QB and the guy loves Chase. Usually, exchanging a dollar for 4 quarters isn't smart in dynasty... but this one certainly addresses specific needs...

I have enough droppable players to fit net gain of 3 guys. 

Reasons to pause, or hit accept?

16 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Still though, Moore goes ahead of both ARob and Cooper in startups yet you're kind of tossing him to the side of the deal like he's some throw-in.

I agree the team giving Waller/ARob gave too much but it's mostly a bunch of nickels added onto the end that really tilt it to not being that close, but the core of the deal is very reasonable.  

I did say I think it isn't veto worthy or anything.  Just a big overpay in my opinion but I am willing to grant that part of my feelings are because of my feelings on Moore.  I am not a big fan personally.

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

Several trades now that the draft is fully underway.  1 QB 1-3 RB/2-5WR/1-3TE 0.5 PPR / 1.0 PPR TE

TEAM A Gave up:  QB D Carr LVR, QB T Taylor Hou, WR B Edwards LVR, TE J Cook LAC

TEAM B Gave up:  TE Jonnu Smith NEP

TEAM C Gave up: QB D Watson Hou, TE L Thomas Was

TEAM D Gave up: TE M Gesicki, 2.09 (Nico Collins)

TEAM A Gave up: RB Miles Sanders Phil

TEAM E Gave up: WR M Brown Balt, 4.04, 2022 1st 

TEAM D Gave up: QB R Tannehill Tenn, 2022 1st

TEAM E Gave up: 2.01 (Rashod Bateman)

I don't play TE premium but seems like a lot of roster fodder for Team A in the 1st one and I wouldn't want to be starting Carr or Taylor but honestly wouldn't want to have to start Jannu Smith either.

Seems way light for Watson in the 2nd by a long way. 

I don't think I'd trade Sanders for what Team A did as Hollywood is almost worthless and a a 4th isn't worth much.  Hopefully that 1st they got ends up early. 

I don't like Bateman's landing spot at all but his talent is great.  I like this move in one QB leagues as Tanny isn't worth a ton but if that 1st ends up early, Team D got a steal.  Fair trade though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheen said:

Team A: Amari Cooper

Team B: Chark + Ruggs

Team A is a contender, team B is rebuilding

Traded Amari last year in package for MT, might be time to try to trade back for him if this is what he's going for.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rizzonius said:

1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE+IDP

Chubb for 1.04+Amari Cooper

4/Cooper and fwiw Cooper is the least valued part of the trade for me but in a league I got to start 3 WR's to get an about to be 27 year old Cooper while getting a few years younger at RB seems like a no brainer.

5 hours ago, Dagwood1985 said:

Wentz and J. Chase
for

My team is a contender but needs a RB2 (or two) and would like another startable TE. Other squad needs a QB and the guy loves Chase. Usually, exchanging a dollar for 4 quarters isn't smart in dynasty... but this one certainly addresses specific needs...

This thread is for completed trades only. Try the Assistant Coach Forum, or reword this a bit and post in this thread: https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/748837-dynasty-value-discussion-thread/

But I don't think you should do that trade.

2 hours ago, menobrown said:

4/Cooper and fwiw Cooper is the least valued part of the trade for me but in a league I got to start 3 WR's to get an about to be 27 year old Cooper while getting a few years younger at RB seems like a no brainer.

Not sure I'd say it is a no brainer and I think it depends on the makeup of your team but just looking at it on paper with no context, I'd agree on the Cooper/1.4 side.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dagwood1985 said:

Wentz and J. Chase
for

I wouldn't even consider this trade.  I don't play TE Premium and only SF in redraft leagues but this seems way light to me.  Maybe if getting a better RB.  Mims, Fournette, and Henry do nothing for me.  I like Chase's upside so wouldn't do that deal for just Chase but Kutta is right this belongs in a different forum.

Posted (edited)

Zealots Non-ppr IDP 

Gave: Will Fuller

Got: 3.6 (Dyami Brown), 4.6 (Rhamondre Stevenson)

Almost took RS in the third. Not excited about him, but need at least some depth at the position. Would have preferred Gainwell but he went at 4.4.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

Bad one in the same league as above:

Team A gave:

Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.05

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.05

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.09

Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.05

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB
Scott, Boston PHI RB

Why? Ekeler kick his dog?

16 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

PPR, very slight TE premium

Gave James Robinson

Got Noah Fant

Good move...I think Fant is very legit...top 10 quality starter with the current QB situation and if Rodgers goes there he could be light's out...I still think Robinson has value but after the Jags took Etienne I think this is a nice cash out.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

PPR, very slight TE premium

Gave James Robinson

Got Noah Fant

Love Fant side in a landslide. Used undrafted rookie's good season to flip for a player with pedigree. Writing is already on the wall for Robinson so I am shocked you were able to make this deal post NFL Draft.

Edited by BigAl21
language
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, poye said:

PPR QRWWWTFF 12 teams

A gave : Tee Higgins and 1.10

B gave : Allen Robinson

Tee Higgins should go straight up for Robinson almost. That's a free 1.10, if you ask me. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, woodstock said:

Tee Higgins should go straight up for Robinson almost. That's a free 1.10, if you ask me. 

ARob gets no respect. He turns 28 in August. There's some good evidence out there that WR's don't start to fall off until ~32 on average. He's locked in for 150+ targets and about to be playing with the best QB(s) (yes, even Dalton) of his career as the focal point of the offense. And it's not just opportunity... Arob is really good and has proven it over and over again.

[Robinson] tied for the most contested catches (21) and posted a 1% drop rate that ranked third among receivers with 100-plus targets. Since joining the Bears in 2018, Robinson ranks fifth in drop rate (2.2%), first in contested catches (61) and sixth in WAR generated. - PFF

Higgins was pretty good last year but he is going to be stuck behind Chase for the next 3 years; he may not even see 2020 level targets again until he finds a new team. Even ignoring that situation, I think Higgins is overvalued in general, and a few tiers below ARob in overall talent. 

I see it as a fair trade if the side getting Arob is contending and the Higgins side is in a rebuild... though tbh, if I was the Arob owner I would probably be reluctant and looking for a different piece. There's a good chance you're trading a top 10 WR for the next 2-3 years for two WR3's that might break out in 2024 if the cards fall in their favor.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Adso said:

ARob gets no respect. He turns 28 in August. There's some good evidence out there that WR's don't start to fall off until ~32 on average. He's locked in for 150+ targets and about to be playing with the best QB(s) (yes, even Dalton) of his career as the focal point of the offense. And it's not just opportunity... Arob is really good and has proven it over and over again.

Higgins was pretty good last year but he is going to be stuck behind Chase for the next 3 years; he may not even see 2020 level targets again until he finds a new team. Even ignoring that situation, I think Higgins is overvalued in general, and a few tiers below ARob in overall talent. 

I see it as a fair trade if the side getting Arob is contending and the Higgins side is in a rebuild... though tbh, if I was the Arob owner I would probably be reluctant and looking for a different piece. There's a good chance you're trading a top 10 WR for the next 2-3 years for two WR3's that might break out in 2024 if the cards fall in their favor.

Some of this is all very true and I've long beaten the ARob bandwagon. Right now, and I just checked, the prices on these two guys and their ADP is about eleven spaces in a startup draft. They've flip flopped since the draft. That's really close. Higgins actually brings more value in trade calcs, according to at least DLF. 

I understand your lament about an undervalued Robinson, though. I've had him in redraft (can't quite seem to pull the trigger in dynasty) for two straight years and he's produced greatly. That said, since I've watched him fairly intently, I can tell you that he's not getting great separation as of right now. I only can imagine what one or two years will do. 

If this seems like I'm dismissing Robinson, I'm not. And I see Higgins's competition on his own team as worrisome. But they're just about close in terms of value, IMO. Not enough to throw in the 1.10, which is giving up a quality player like maybe a Sermon (if you're lucky) or at least a Bateman. If you really want Robinson, I won't fault you, but it seems too like too much for me. That's all. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB

OK seriously wtf

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB

You must be new here, this belongs in the “worst dynasty trade offer” thread. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB

So basically he traded Ekeler for four players who will be on the waiver wire next year. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB

Unless you get bonus points for UDFA's that play special teams this is real, real bad...real bad

11 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Zealots Non-ppr IDP 

Gave: Will Fuller

Got: 3.6 (Dyami Brown), 4.6 (Rhamondre Stevenson)

Almost took RS in the third. Not excited about him, but need at least some depth at the position. Would have preferred Gainwell but he went at 4.4.

I realize Fuller has the 1 G Suspension and Tua as his QB, but I think that is under selling Fuller.   I guess non-PPR makes a difference in league structure.  I like Fuller here .... 

• Like 1

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB

That’s crazy.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

I realize Fuller has the 1 G Suspension and Tua as his QB, but I think that is under selling Fuller.   I guess non-PPR makes a difference in league structure.  I like Fuller here .... 

It's possible. But was he good last year because of the PEDs? And I think he'll be second fiddle to Waddle. I shopped him all off-season-nobody wanted him for anything of real value. And I'm deep enough at WR to let him go.

And there's a new start two RB requirement this year and while I don't love Stevenson he's at least a startable guy.

And I like Dyami Brown

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I don't love Stevenson he's at least a startable guy.

I took a flyer on him in one league but we don’t even know if he’ll be active on game days at this point let alone startable in fantasy.

• Like 2

Just now, Dr. Octopus said:

I took a flyer on him in one league but we don’t even know if he’ll be active on game days at this point let alone startable in fantasy.

I mean to say I have a better chance of starting him than Ryquell Armstead, Deejay Dallas, or Ke'Shawn Vaughn.

• Like 3

Team A gave:

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB

It’s especially crazy because the asset he obtained was awful but also liquid that every other owner could have bettered. It was a lesser, specific player  that team B wanted for Ekeler. Therefore he could have gotten the

4.04, 5.04, 6.04, 7.04 .... or better yet he could have gotten

4.03, 5.03, 6.03, 7.03... or better yet he could have gotten ... so in and so fourth.

I am generally one for not overturning trades but this needs to be overturned IMO

Posted (edited)
Just now, BigAl21 said:

It’s especially crazy because the asset he obtained was awful but also liquid that every other owner could have bettered. It wasn’t a lesser, yet specific player that team B wanted for Ekeler. Therefore he could have gotten the

4.04, 5.04, 6.04, 7.04 .... or better yet he could have gotten

4.03, 5.03, 6.03, 7.03... or better yet he could have gotten ... so in and so fourth.

I am generally one for not overturning trades but this needs to be overturned IMO

Edited by BigAl21
Typo

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

It's possible. But was he good last year because of the PEDs? And I think he'll be second fiddle to Waddle. I shopped him all off-season-nobody wanted him for anything of real value. And I'm deep enough at WR to let him go.

And there's a new start two RB requirement this year and while I don't love Stevenson he's at least a startable guy.

And I like Dyami Brown

He's been pretty darn good when on the field most of his career, so I don't think he was good because of the PEDs. But maybe he was still on the field because of the PEDs 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jtd13 said:

He's been pretty darn good when on the field most of his career, so I don't think he was good because of the PEDs. But maybe he was still on the field because of the PEDs 

It's not that I dislike him terribly. But I'm starting Lamb/Jefferson/Tee Higgins/Mooney so I could afford to let him go to try and shore up depth.

12 team, PPR, SF, IDP, TE Premium.

Gave: 2 '22 1sts (both should be late), 2.07

Got: 1.05, '22 3rd.

It's an overpay but I'm happy to get into the top 5.  I think the top 3 QBs, Pitts, and Chase are worth this price and would be able to net it back if I wanted to sell.

A few more trades in my main league (32 teams, players available twice), full IDP

A gave: Sanders, Miles PHI RB; Gronkowski, Rob TBB TE

B gave up Everett, Gerald SEA TE; his entire 2023 draft (rounds 1-7)

A gave  Hill, Tyreek KCC WR; McKinney, Benardrick MIA LB 

C gave up Ruggs, Henry LVR WR; Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.23; 2X 2022 1sts (one very good team, one middle of the pack)

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****