What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (36 Viewers)

It’s especially crazy because the asset he obtained was awful but also liquid that every other owner could have bettered. It wasn’t a lesser, yet specific player that team B wanted for Ekeler. Therefore he could have gotten the

4.04, 5.04, 6.04, 7.04 .... or better yet he could have gotten

4.03, 5.03, 6.03, 7.03... or better yet he could have gotten ... so in and so fourth.

I am generally one for not overturning trades but this needs to be overturned IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible. But was he good last year because of the PEDs? And I think he'll be second fiddle to Waddle. I shopped him all off-season-nobody wanted him for anything of real value. And I'm deep enough at WR to let him go.

And there's a new start two RB requirement this year and while I don't love Stevenson he's at least a startable guy.

And I like Dyami Brown
He's been pretty darn good when on the field most of his career, so I don't think he was good because of the PEDs. But maybe he was still on the field because of the PEDs 

He's been pretty darn good when on the field most of his career, so I don't think he was good because of the PEDs. But maybe he was still on the field because of the PEDs 
It's not that I dislike him terribly. But I'm starting Lamb/Jefferson/Tee Higgins/Mooney so I could afford to let him go to try and shore up depth.

12 team, PPR, SF, IDP, TE Premium.

Gave: 2 '22 1sts (both should be late), 2.07

Got: 1.05, '22 3rd.

It's an overpay but I'm happy to get into the top 5.  I think the top 3 QBs, Pitts, and Chase are worth this price and would be able to net it back if I wanted to sell.

A few more trades in my main league (32 teams, players available twice), full IDP

A gave: Sanders, Miles PHI RB; Gronkowski, Rob TBB TE

B gave up Everett, Gerald SEA TE; his entire 2023 draft (rounds 1-7)

A gave  Hill, Tyreek KCC WR; McKinney, Benardrick MIA LB 

C gave up Ruggs, Henry LVR WR; Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.23; 2X 2022 1sts (one very good team, one middle of the pack)

It’s especially crazy because the asset he obtained was awful but also liquid that every other owner could have bettered. It was a lesser, specific player  that team B wanted for Ekeler. Therefore he could have gotten the

4.04, 5.04, 6.04, 7.04 .... or better yet he could have gotten

4.03, 5.03, 6.03, 7.03... or better yet he could have gotten ... so in and so fourth.

I am generally one for not overturning trades but this needs to be overturned IMO
I'm actually not sure that return is enough for just Boston Scott. Let's put it this way, if those picks were traded for Scott, people may think it's a small overpay but no one would care much at all.

12 Teams - 12 Player keeper - PPR League

Team A gave:

WR Davante Adams 

Team B gave:

RB Dalvin Cook

Bad one in the same league as above:

Team A gave:

Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.05

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.05

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.09

Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.05

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB
I don't even like Ek all that much and this is just terrible.  Don't see how anyone could be ok with this coming back for a starting RB.  Team B doesn't like winning I guess.

It's an overpay but I'm happy to get into the top 5.  I think the top 3 QBs, Pitts, and Chase are worth this price and would be able to net it back if I wanted to sell.
As long as those picks are late, I don't see this as a big overpay.  Seems about right and you are right, getting in to the top 5 this year gives you an extremely talented player.  I think this was a good move if you are a believer which you are.

I've kind of always thought that with all else equal a pick around 1.05 was worth a pair of future 1sts.

Given that this class is a pretty good one and, while it can certainly change, right now people are mostly down on the 2022 class, I think this was a solid deal.

But that may be why the previous owner was letting him go.  In general in a PPR league I don't think I make that trade if I know everything is the norm for Adams (A-Rod in town).  
Opinions will vary from owner to owner but I think via the consensus Adams/Cook were pretty much equal before the Rodgers rumors.  I think the side getting Adams here is taking on all the short-term risk and not really getting any sweetener on top to do so.

Bad one in the same league as above:

Team A gave:

Year 2021 Draft Pick 4.05

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.05

Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.09

Year 2021 Draft Pick 6.05

Team B gave:

Ekeler, Austin LAC RB

Scott, Boston PHI RB
I don't quit over trades. 

But yeah, I'd be out if that stood.

Opinions will vary from owner to owner but I think via the consensus Adams/Cook were pretty much equal before the Rodgers rumors.  I think the side getting Adams here is taking on all the short-term risk and not really getting any sweetener on top to do so.
In the only league I have Adams, WR is king and it takes a LOT to get a stud. Just as an example, Chase, waddle and Smith all went before najee. I probably wouldn't trade Adams for cook there, but it's close. In leagues where values are more normal, cook is worth more for sure. But it's not a horrible trade.

This is fair enough and I love Adams but I wouldn't be trading for him right now until I knew what A-Rod was doing.
This. These two were roughly equivalent two months ago before Aaron starting throwing another tantrum. This has the potential to not end well for the guy getting Adams. I would’ve needed more to part with Dalvin. 

In the only league I have Adams, WR is king and it takes a LOT to get a stud. Just as an example, Chase, waddle and Smith all went before najee. I probably wouldn't trade Adams for cook there, but it's close. In leagues where values are more normal, cook is worth more for sure. But it's not a horrible trade.
The guy who traded for Cook is loaded at WR.  He still has AJB, Ridley, Scary Terry, and Lamb.  At RB he had Mixon, Monty, and Edmonds.  I guess he wanted to strengthen his RBs.

But that may be why the previous owner was letting him go.  In general in a PPR league I don't think I make that trade if I know everything is the norm for Adams (A-Rod in town).  
Maybe but Dalvin Cook isn't really a discount as RBs are much harder to come by than WRs.  Fair point though as he may not be available at all otherwise.  I have him in my Dynasty league and I wouldn't move him and won't sell him at a discount now.

Cook is worth more than Adams in any format, however, there could be situations where that deal makes sense to get Adams.

That said, Cook side easily even before the Rodgers drama

12 team SF, PPR, IDP, TE premium. 

Team A gives: Tom Brady, Bryan Edward's

Team B gives: 2022 1st

The owner that always overvalues his players sees this trade and announces J Reagor is on the Trade Block for a late 2022 1st!

Saw this one go down in FFPC league of mine a few hours ago and honesty thought it was a mistake and got accepted in error:

Team A gave: Jonnu Smith

Team B gave: 2022#1 from 9th best team in league last year and OJ Howard

Saw this one go down in FFPC league of mine a few hours ago and honesty thought it was a mistake and got accepted in error:

Hmmm...I'm skeptical about the evenhandedness of that one. 

Every time I see one of these I'm torn between "ugh this is the type of thing I'm glad doesn't happen in my league" and "I need to send out more offers bc you never know what people might accept"

10 team (very competitive) 1ppr/1.5ppr TE Dynasty

TJ Hockenson + 2022 1st +2023 2nd

For

Saquon Barkley

eta: saquon was the guy's 3rd best rb, and only required to start 1. And he had fodder at TE

For

Saquon Barkley

eta: saquon was the guy's 3rd best rb, and only required to start 1. And he had fodder at TE
Still seems really light for Saquon. And how stacked is this guys team that Barkley is his RB3? 

Just don't even know what to say.  This just seems terrible.  I'm really glad I don't see many trades that are like this.  Lopsided ones happen but these are the types that have no business happening.

12 Team PPR, not involved

Team gave Miles Sanders, 2022 First, 2023 2nd

Team got Cam Akers
I like Akers much more than Sanders personally but this feels like an overpay to me.  I know everyone is in love with Akers right now and it might work out but Sanders was thought of just as highly as Akers was this time last offseason.  Not sure this works out but I do think Akers has a really good year.

For

Saquon Barkley

Curious which 2 people think are better than Barkley as that is odd with him being ranked in the top 3 or 4 (sometimes still as high as 2) in startup rankings?  This feels light to me even though Hock's value is spiked in TE Premium.  Feels like he could have got more but each league is different.

Team A Gave Kyler Murray 

Team B gave DK Metcalf and a 2nd

Ppr dynasty superflex 

Team A has Mahomes and Arodg.. Plus picks 3 and 4 in rookie draft.. 

Did team B win the trade? 

Team A Gave Kyler Murray 

Ppr dynasty superflex 

I think both teams improved their lineup substantially and this is a win-win for both. Rodgers retirement is the biggest concern. But with 1.03 and 1.04 I think that is mitigated. I'd rather walk away with Mahomes/Fields or Lance/Rodgers to pair with Metcalf and BPA at 1.04 than to have Mahomes/Murray/Rodgers and BPAx2. I certainly like Chase a lot but I'd rather have Metcalf and this way he has a really good chance at both. Pitts is just as much in play as he was before but after getting Metcalf it might empower him to take Pitts instead of Chase, if it falls like that. And the future 2nd is a nice little cherry that doesn't hurt.

Team B probably needed a QB, no? Can only be good for him, then. 

Team A Gave Kyler Murray 

Ppr dynasty superflex 

I think this is pretty fair.  I think it is light for Murray but with his QBs and picks, there is nothing wrong with not maximizing value to get the player you want.  Nothing wrong with this but I'd say Team B won slightly in value for SF.

I’d rather have Akers. But I don’t think much of Sanders. I know someone said this was a slight overpay but this time next year I think it’ll look like a home run for Akers side. 
I agree with preferring Akers but depending where that 1st & 2nd end up, they get like #1-2 overall, and Akers has a sophomore season like Sanders just did then this will be a home run for the Sanders side.  Especially if he bounces back.  I don't see an issue with the trade but could end up being a slight overpay and I think the Akers love has gone a little too far personally.  I know I may be in the minority.

I was looking at this exact trade. Now I have a frame of reference. I'm really hesitant without Big Ben in Pittsuburgh, though.
I get the argument as Godwin hasn't signed a full contract, many other mouths to feed, and TB12 could hang it up in 2 years.  I think it is pretty fair but I just feel Godwin has true top tier upside....I'm not sure I feel that way about Claypool.

I get the argument as Godwin hasn't signed a full contract, many other mouths to feed, and TB12 could hang it up in 2 years.  I think it is pretty fair but I just feel Godwin has true top tier upside....I'm not sure I feel that way about Claypool.
I think Claypool does have top tier upside, personally. He finished in the top twenty-four as a rookie. Very few guys finish that highly and don't repeat. Of course, his four touchdown day helped, but I think he brings unique things to the table. Anecdotally, what sold me on him was his catch against the Giants on the sidelines last year on one of the weeknight games. It really opened my eyes up and I began to watch him all over the field. He showed supreme field awareness and hands on the grab, and he was just a rookie. I'd love to see what Matt Harmon has to say about him, but I don't think I can cough up the thirty bucks to get another FF subscription.

https://youtu.be/nAdX2uFoqRU

eta* I think Godwin is a top-flight receiver, but there are so many mouths to feed in Tampa and then who knows where he'll go and if he'll still be in prime physical condition. I know his age, but the ages get younger for football, the windows smaller. He is also a candidate for a second franchise tag, which puts him right back with a crowded receiving room no matter if A. Brown ages out of it or not. Miller, Johnson, Darden, all those guys will compete for targets in the upcoming years.

I think Claypool does have top tier upside, personally. He finished in the top twenty-four as a rookie. Very few guys finish that highly and don't repeat. Of course, his four touchdown day helped, but I think he brings unique things to the table. Anecdotally, what sold me on him was his catch against the Giants on the sidelines last year on one of the weeknight games. It really opened my eyes up and I began to watch him all over the field. He showed supreme field awareness and hands on the grab, and he was just a rookie. I'd love to see what Matt Harmon has to say about him, but I don't think I can cough up the thirty bucks to get another FF subscription.

https://youtu.be/nAdX2uFoqRU

eta* I think Godwin is a top-flight receiver, but there are so many mouths to feed in Tampa and then who knows where he'll go and if he'll still be in prime physical condition. I know his age, but the ages get younger for football, the windows smaller. He is also a candidate for a second franchise tag, which puts him right back with a crowded receiving room no matter if A. Brown ages out of it or not. Miller, Johnson, Darden, all those guys will compete for targets in the upcoming years.
I don't completely disagree and like his talent.  I was talking like top 5 or so WR and Godwin has already done it.  I just don't think Claypool ever gets quite that high but depends on who his QB is.  I think you are right on in your thought process though.  I think I would hold due to Big Ben though.  Nobody can really be a top tier WR with Rudolph throwing them the ball.  I don't have much more faith in Haskins either.

I don't completely disagree and like his talent.  I was talking like top 5 or so WR and Godwin has already done it.  I just don't think Claypool ever gets quite that high but depends on who his QB is.  I think you are right on in your thought process though.  I think I would hold due to Big Ben though.  Nobody can really be a top tier WR with Rudolph throwing them the ball.  I don't have much more faith in Haskins either.
Very true. And situations change and are fluid, as we both sort of note with Rudolph. Anyway, it's something I would think about but that particular GM in our league (the one who has Claypool) won't answer any trade requests, no matter how fair. I don't know what I did, but he obviously lets trades sit on the vine and never responds. So this is sort of a useless exercise, anyway. Bummer.

Very true. And situations change and are fluid, as we both sort of note with Rudolph. Anyway, it's something I would think about but that particular GM in our league (the one who has Claypool) won't answer any trade requests, no matter how fair. I don't know what I did, but he obviously lets trades sit on the vine and never responds. So this is sort of a useless exercise, anyway. Bummer.
I hate people like that.  All leagues have a couple.  I'd rather someone just say "go F yourself" than ignore me.

For

Saquon Barkley

Light for Saquon. In a 10 teamer the blue chip studs are all the more valuable, no? Need as many as those as one can get.

"TE premium" is just propaganda for deals like this to be pulled off

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB. 20 player rosters.

Team A gave: 1.11, 2022 3rd

Team B gave: 2.12, 2022 1st (late), 2022 2nd
This seems fair enough to me.  I'm not really high on the late 1sts this year but haven't heard great things about the 22 rookie class either.  Swapping the 3rd for 2 2nds makes this worth it if you don't have your eye on anyone specifically.

Users who are viewing this thread