Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

33 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

How long will people will chase that 2019 Ekeler year?

What do you mean, exactly? My last post in the Ekeler thread:

On 5/26/2021 at 11:14 PM, Just Win Baby said:
On 5/26/2021 at 7:19 PM, Dr. Octopus said:

I think he sees volume. 

Sure he will. What is the alternative? The other RBs are Justin Jackson, Joshua Kelley, and Larry Rountree. 

Ekeler was RB #13 in ppg last season (PPR); #6 in 2019, and #25 in 2018, despite the fact that Gordon was also #5 that season.

Last season, though he was RB #13 in overall ppg, he was RB #7 in total points (PPR) in weeks 1-3, then got hurt in week 4 and didn't play again until week 12. He was RB #6 in total points in weeks 12-17. So in the 9 healthy games he had last season, we was RB #6/7, showing he was able to maintain his 2019 performance.

He just turned 26 and is in the midst of his prime. He is in incredible shape, and possibly the strongest player in the NFL, pound for pound.

Now he gets a new coaching staff with influences from Sean Payton, Sean McVay, and Kyle Shanahan, who have all had offenses great for RB fantasy production.

What's not to like?

I'm not saying I would trade Watson and a 2022 first for him in a Superflex... but I might. It would depend on the league parameters and my roster makeup. For example, if I had multiple other high quality QBs and was weak at RB, I would strongly consider it.

2 minutes ago, Just Win Baby said:

What do you mean, exactly? My last post in the Ekeler thread:

I'm not saying I would trade Watson and a 2022 first for him in a Superflex... but I might. It would depend on the league parameters and my roster makeup. For example, if I had multiple other high quality QBs and was weak at RB, I would strongly consider it.

I mean I think he was lightning in a bottle and won't see those numbers again. But I have to admit, I've never given him much thought at all. He seems more of a Lindsay or Cohen type to me.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I mean I think he was lightning in a bottle and won't see those numbers again. But I have to admit, I've never given him much thought at all. He seems more of a Lindsay or Cohen type to me.

It’s an interesting deal which is why I posted it. Risk/reward on both sides. 

12 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think he was lightning in a bottle at all. At least not unless he proves to be unable to stay on the field. His production has been impressive since the first time he got opportunity. And he has virtually no competition on the roster for touches. And he is playing in the Payton/Shanahan offense. :moneybag:

As for Lindsay/Cohen, were either of them ever RB6 in a full season? :no: 

Edited by Just Win Baby

2 minutes ago, Just Win Baby said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think he was lightning in a bottle at all. At least not unless he proves to be unable to stay on the field. His production has been impressive since the first time he got opportunity. And he has virtually no competition on the roster for touches. And he is playing in the Payton/Shanahan offense. :moneybag:

As for Lindsay/Cohen, were either of them ever RB6 in a full season? :no: 

No, but as you said, Ekeler has gotten plenty of opportunity. I just mean they seem like the same type of player - as in their numbers will be gotten through the air and not carries.

18 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

No, but as you said, Ekeler has gotten plenty of opportunity. I just mean they seem like the same type of player - as in their numbers will be gotten through the air and not carries.

But your post said how long will people chase 2019. My point is, he's the same guy with the same opportunity for the foreseeable future. "How long will people chase" makes it sound like they are chasing production he will not replicate. But there is no reason to think that IMO.

20 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Not really, Andy. The first year he got real opportunity was when Gordon held out. Otherwise he was at the tail end of a committee provided Gordon was healthy. 2019 was great, 2020 he was hurt. It's a definite trade hoping he is close to attaining his 2019 value, though, that is correct. Can he? I don't know.

But it's not like he's been a long-time guy with tons of opportunity that he hasn't cashed in on. The noise he made came from the back-end of a not even back-end of a committee with Gordon getting all the goal line looks when healthy.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Lindsay is rarely ever targeted in the passing game. And Cohen is terrible whereas Ekeler can actually run with the ball in his hands. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team PPR, Superflex

Team A gets Matt Ryan, Dalvin Cook, Rob Gronkowski, 2022 2nd, 2023 3rd

Team B gets Noah Fant, Zach Wilson, two 2023 1sts, 2024 1st, two 2023 2nds, 2024 2nd, 2022 4th, 2023 4th

Team B & for me it’s an easy call. Gronk & Ryan rapidly aging out. Gronk might be 1 & done after this year.

I like Cook - who wouldn’t? But gimme the potential stud QB & the boatload of picks. 

if team A is ready to win right now, it gives him a short window so I could see situation mattering a lot here. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Team B & for me it’s an easy call. Gronk & Ryan rapidly aging out. Gronk might be 1 & done after this year.

I like Cook - who wouldn’t? But gimme the potential stud QB & the boatload of picks. 

if team A is ready to win right now, it gives him a short window so I could see situation mattering a lot here. 

Team A is competing now and has a great team. Dude was negotiating with me as well to get Cook but wanted way too much in my eyes. Once the window closes, it won't open again for a long time giving away all of those picks.

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team PPR, Superflex

Team A gets Matt Ryan, Dalvin Cook, Rob Gronkowski, 2022 2nd, 2023 3rd

Team B gets Noah Fant, Zach Wilson, two 2023 1sts, 2024 1st, two 2023 2nds, 2024 2nd, 2022 4th, 2023 4th

At a glance it’s Dalvin and Matt Ryan for five firsts. Gimme the five firsts by two firsts

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Team A is competing now and has a great team. Dude was negotiating with me as well to get Cook but wanted way too much in my eyes. Once the window closes, it won't open again for a long time giving away all of those picks.

He’s seriously mortgaging his future for basically Dalvon Cook. 

I could see it, but when Gronk & Ryan hang it up he’s got no ammo to reload with. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I could see it, but when Gronk & Ryan hang it up he’s got no ammo to reload with. 

Agreed. He wanted a similar trade with me but instead of Wilson I'd give Trevor Lawrence. I wanted Cook. I would have given up a bit including multiple firsts to do so knowing it'd put me over the top, but no way for Lawrence plus three firsts and the rest of my future.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2021 at 2:50 AM, The Man With No Name said:

Gave D. Henderson for a 2022 2nd.  14 team IDP, PPR

and

Gave pick 7 and Chris Carson for pick 4 -Ja'Marr Chase

Still have Nick Chubb, Antonio Gibson, Joe Mixon, Ronald Jones, Michael Carter, Stevenson, Jamaal Williams and a couple others. Can start 1 or 2 rb's, no more. And up to 4 wr's.

I don't like the Henderson for a future 2nd deal. With out Akers I am not sure this has much value for you

I am thinking you could have moved Carson/1st for a established player if you were looking to make a run. 

On 6/16/2021 at 8:50 AM, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team, PPR, 1 QB, not involved.

Team A got Marlon Mack, Jonathon Taylor, 2023 2nd

Team B got Chris Carson, Najee Harris

Really like the Team B side

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Gronk is already useless in fantasy. If you're starting him you're in big trouble. As a bench player/backup you're better off carrying an upside guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

Not me, I would trade both Carson and Harris for Taylor straight up.

Kind of a “bird in the hand” thing - you know what Taylor is, so I get it. 

Harris has a chance to be as good, if not better than Taylor, IMO.

it’s a fair deal. I just like the Harris side. 

I gave: Curtis Samuel, 2.xx (probably late) that I obtained in Hopkins deal

I got: Chase Edmonds

built some depth at RB. I like Samuel more than most, but I like Edmonds more. I think he’ll be more consistent with his production. 

the rebuild continues....

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

43 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Kind of a “bird in the hand” thing - you know what Taylor is, so I get it. 

Harris has a chance to be as good, if not better than Taylor, IMO.

it’s a fair deal. I just like the Harris side. 

It goes beyond "bird in the hand".  Not only do I think Taylor is better than Harris, he's a year younger.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

It goes beyond "bird in the hand".  Not only do I think Taylor is better than Harris, he's a year younger.

True as well. But I think Harris has a chance to be special as well & landed in just the right spot.

I know the Steelers have QB question marks after Big Ben hangs em up, but I’m also not yet convinced that Wentz isn’t hopelessly broken. IMO the Wentz factor makes Taylor a little risky at least in the short term.

if Wentz is a turnover machine, that’s gonna ruin Taylor’s production. 

I could see going for either side in this one. It’s a fair deal. 

23 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Well, shopped Mahomes. Here’s how it ended up: 

I gave: Mahomes, Ertz 

I got: Z.Wilson, CEH, Higgins, 2022 1st, 2023 1st. 

I know many will hate this deal. I’m fully expecting to get killed by all y’all.

Comments in the value thread were like “Mahomes is so good that to send him to another team you need to cripple that team with what you get back” - and that’s all well and good, but some of y’all may find it surprising how few teams actually want to cripple themselves by overpaying or even paying “fair value” for Mahomes. 

My team, though a combination of aging, circumstances & injury became  very thin at RB & WR. Not to the point that I was non-competitive (finished as the 4-seed, playoffs, 2nd round exit (again). For 3 years I’ve been good enough to get there, not good enough to go over the top. And then TB picked up Fournette (hurting RoJo), my WRs got older; RBs got hurt.

Then I “went for it” last year and traded some depth to get Carson, hoping for a ‘ship before the rebuild. 

I tried every team. 7/12 wanted Mahomes. Most didn't have replacement QB to deal (which I felt I needed because Carr may not be long-term & who knows what Daniel Jones will be. Some others just didn’t have the players to trade & others tried to pretend that reasonable offers “weren’t close” for them, despite several calcs swing they were even. Came close to a Burrow/Sermon/AJ Brown/2023 1st, but at the 11th hour they decided against it. 

So I took the best deal I could find, and in doing so, took a big risk on Zach Wilson, hoping he’s the next 2-way threat QB. I get CEH who I’m still relatively high on & Higgins, who I also really like.

And with the Hopkins deal I made earlier, now I have Pitts, too.

So now I have enough players to field a roster & the rebuild has begun. 

And with 3 extra picks in the next 2 drafts (2 firsts & a 2nd) if it doesn’t work out, I still have some decent core players to rebuild with & 2 extra firsts to work with. 

Sometimes the best deal is the one you can make. My only other concrete option was Goff/Deebo/Akers, and I can’t stand Goff, don’t want to root for the Rams & have injury concerns about Deebo & his style of play.

I won’t cry if y’all are mean to me for this deal. I understand many of you wouldn’t have made it. Mahomes is a consistent weekly plug & play & it’s hard to move off of such a player. But sometimes your team reaches the point where you have to diversify assets to continue to compete & I felt like this was the best I could do given what the teams in my league were offering.

I await the heckling. I’m sure it won’t be pretty. It’s ok. I have thick skin. 

I don't hate this deal for you.  I'm not a believer in Wilson as I hate the Jets and what they do to players but got a young, talented RB & WR to go along with 2 1sts.  If you are committing to a rebuild, you could have done a lot worse.

I'm sure some will hate it as they view Mahomes as untradable but anyone can be traded for the right price especially when roster configuration is taken in to account.  He is way less valuable in 1 QB leagues as well.  I get your thinking here and don't think you can really be faulted for it.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

True as well. But I think Harris has a chance to be special as well & landed in just the right spot.

I know the Steelers have QB question marks after Big Ben hangs em up, but I’m also not yet convinced that Wentz isn’t hopelessly broken. IMO the Wentz factor makes Taylor a little risky at least in the short term.

if Wentz is a turnover machine, that’s gonna ruin Taylor’s production. 

I could see going for either side in this one. It’s a fair deal. 

Colts OL is light years better than the Steelers.  Harris will be 28 by the time he is a UFA.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Colts OL is light years better than the Steelers.  Harris will be 28 by the time he is a UFA.

Oh I don’t disagree. You might recall that I was on the “best landing spot for Wentz” side of the discussion with you when that was going down. 

But I still need to see it with my own eyes. It wasn’t all the OL - Wentz was hearing footsteps & making terrible decisions.

his upside is undeniable - we’ve seen it. But I’ve also seen QBs get so shellshocked that they never played to their potential again. time will tell which Wentz is. 

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Oh I don’t disagree. You might recall that I was on the “best landing spot for Wentz” side of the discussion with you when that was going down. 

But I still need to see it with my own eyes. It wasn’t all the OL - Wentz was hearing footsteps & making terrible decisions.

his upside is undeniable - we’ve seen it. But I’ve also seen QBs get so shellshocked that they never played to their potential again. time will tell which Wentz is. 

My reference to the Colts OL vs Steelers is more for the benefit of Taylor in the context of my response, but yes, the Colts OL should also help Wentz.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

My reference to the Colts OL vs Steelers is more for the benefit of Taylor in the context of my response, but yes, the Colts OL should also help Wentz.

Ah, sorry that was unclear. 

I agree that the Colts OL is an advantage for Taylor. The presence of Hines & (assuming he’s healthy) Mack is not though.

Najee has much less competition for touches. 

24 minutes ago, lardonastick said:

12 tm 0.5ppr SF

Gave Diontae Johnson + 2023 3rd

Got Keenan Allen + 2023 2nd

Really fair deal. Obviously Keenen gets a bump short-term, but he just turned 29. 

Dionte is a great young player, but Big Ben can't have that many years ahead of him, so I do have some concern about the future PIT QB, whoever that is. Also, for now at least he has JuJu, Claypool & Washington in a pretty crowded WR room. I think Dionte emerges as the 1, or at least the "1A", but he's also had some growing pains. 

If the team getting Allen is ready to win-now, this is a good deal for them I'm a little surprised the team giving  up Dionte didn't ask for a 1st back, but a 2nd is still pretty fair value I think. 

FWIW Dynasty Dominator app has the Allen side favored by 33 points (125.64 to 159.23)

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

The presence of Hines & (assuming he’s healthy) Mack is not though.

I fully expect Mack to be placed on PUP or outright released during training camp.  He's coming off of a torn Achilles, which is still a death knell for RBS

Edited by tangfoot

1 minute ago, tangfoot said:

I fully expect Mack to be placed on PUP or outright released during training camp.  He's coming off of a torn Achilles, which is still a death knell for RBS

I thought I'd read that he returned to workouts 3 weeks ago. hmm

Obv Hines and his receptions are the more relevant cap to Taylor's ceiling regardless. 

Workouts are a far cry from NFL on-field action.  I may be missing the boat on Mack's rehabilitation miracle, but I'm willing to bite that bullet.

Just now, tangfoot said:

Workouts are a far cry from NFL on-field action.  I may be missing the boat on Mack's rehabilitation miracle, but I'm willing to bite that bullet.

I'll add that I never thought much of him when he was healthy, either.  So this injury just erases him from all consideration.

3 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Oh, I'm not hyping up Mack, nor do I know what to expect. Players do come back from torn Achilles though - medicine continues to surprise & impress in that it's hardly a miracle any more. See: Kevin Durant, for example. Klay Thompson seems to be on the same track. 

Can Mack do it? Who knows. But if he does return to the team, it's probably good for Taylor to have a breather back. Hines is the bigger impact. 

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Oh, I'm not hyping up Mack, nor do I know what to expect. Players do come back from torn Achilles though - medicine continues to surprise & impress in that it's hardly a miracle any more. See: Kevin Durant, for example. Klay Thompson seems to be on the same track. 

Can Mack do it? Who knows. But if he does return to the team, it's probably good for Taylor to have a breather back. Hines is the bigger impact. 

I'm still waiting for the first NFL RB to return to his previous level of fitness.  WRs have done it, but no RBs to my knowledge.

• Like 1

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****