What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

12tm 2QB 2TE Devy

Isaiah Spiller, Justyn Ross, 23 3rd (likely outside devy option line)

FOR

Gardner Minshew, Antonio Gibson, Ronald Jones
Devy fever, catch it and die.

12tm 1QB

2.10, 3.08 (became Nico Collins, D'Wayne Eskridge)

FOR

Jalen Reagor
I think I'll bet on the rookies here.  Reagor in a vacuum has "more value", but I think he's going to be a guy who keeps slipping further back all summer long.  I own him in a couple leagues and I think I'm stuck with him, I would definitely accept a trade such as the above.

12tm 1QB

4.04, 4.10 (became Luke Farrell, Jermar Jefferson)

FOR

Benny Snell
They're all waiver wire fodder.

I fully expect Mack to be placed on PUP or outright released during training camp.  He's coming off of a torn Achilles, which is still a death knell for RBS
His entire $2M contract they signed him to this off-season is fully guaranteed.

I'm still waiting for the first NFL RB to return to his previous level of fitness.  WRs have done it, but no RBs to my knowledge.
What and when is our sample size? Just seems to me like we don't have a lot of recent data on this and  not sure what happened 5-10 years is so relevant.

Mack is actually one of 3 players the Colts acquired this off-season coming of an achilles tear. Eric Fisher and the guy they took in round 2. Granted different positions but it got one of their beat writers to do an article on achilles recover, afraid it's probably behind a paywall at The Athletic but if you can read it: https://theathletic.com/2600367/?source=fbpcadsbc&ad_id=23847502454490092&fbclid=IwAR1oMZG7mQ1mQw-hd1W8iD3FMaKqXsmzYGRl8fMz2uTLr6GvwE05povbB08

His entire $2M contract they signed him to this off-season is fully guaranteed.

What and when is our sample size? Just seems to me like we don't have a lot of recent data on this and  not sure what happened 5-10 years is so relevant.

Mack is actually one of 3 players the Colts acquired this off-season coming of an achilles tear. Eric Fisher and the guy they took in round 2. Granted different positions but it got one of their beat writers to do an article on achilles recover, afraid it's probably behind a paywall at The Athletic but if you can read it: https://theathletic.com/2600367/?source=fbpcadsbc&ad_id=23847502454490092&fbclid=IwAR1oMZG7mQ1mQw-hd1W8iD3FMaKqXsmzYGRl8fMz2uTLr6GvwE05povbB08
I’ll add that I’m not sure why sport is relevant. Durant ruptured his Achilles & a little more than a year later played 48 mins in a playoff game on hardwood. 

That can’t be a hell of a lot different than an NFL player on grass, where they play maybe 30 snaps for a total of what, 8 mins? 

I thought I'd read that he returned to workouts 3 weeks ago. hmm

Obv Hines and his receptions are the more relevant cap to Taylor's ceiling regardless. 
I think Mack is fine. Taylor has massive single game potential but I think his ceiling is capped by Reich's system.

Mack essentially missed the entire season and Taylor played almost exactly 50% of the snaps in his full games(in other words I backed out the game he missed). This was on the rise to end the season so that's a good sign but this also coinciding with Wilkins getting hurt. I don't anticipate Taylor's snap count rising much myself, I think it will remain in the 50-55% area when all 3 RB's are healthy.

I do think losing so much valuable passing down work to Hines and fact I anticipate Mack working in 10-15% so range does put a little drain on Taylor's upside. I also think for redraft purposes this is pretty much baked into his cost. He's going for a mid to late first these days, if you were talking about him seeing the field like a Dalvin Cook or CMC I think you'd be talking about him being a fairy consensus top 3 kind of pick.

I think Mack is fine. Taylor has massive single game potential but I think his ceiling is capped by Reich's system.

Mack essentially missed the entire season and Taylor played almost exactly 50% of the snaps in his full games(in other words I backed out the game he missed). This was on the rise to end the season so that's a good sign but this also coinciding with Wilkins getting hurt. I don't anticipate Taylor's snap count rising much myself, I think it will remain in the 50-55% area when all 3 RB's are healthy.

I do think losing so much valuable passing down work to Hines and fact I anticipate Mack working in 10-15% so range does put a little drain on Taylor's upside. I also think for redraft purposes this is pretty much baked into his cost. He's going for a mid to late first these days, if you were talking about him seeing the field like a Dalvin Cook or CMC I think you'd be talking about him being a fairy consensus top 3 kind of pick.
I couldn't agree more. Thus my Chubb comp, situationally speaking. 

For whatever reason, Taylor simply isn't the high volume stud FF owners were projecting him to be before he saw the field. 

It's a crowded situation. 

As such, despite the Steelers OL issues, I'm not sure there's a whole lot of drop off between Taylor & Harris for 2021. I would be inclined to take Harris in what I'm guessing will be the early to mid 2nd of redraft leagues? Gimme the stud WR in the 1st and Najee Harris in the second to build a bully this year. 

I could be wrong, but it just seems like Taylor will lose more touches to Hines/Mack than Harris will to Snell/whomever else is lurking in PIT. 

Last edited by a moderator:
To my knowledge, the next RB to come back* from an Achilles tear during his “prime” NFL years will be the first. 

*”Come back” in this sense would be to return to production at or exceeding his level prior to the tear 

12 tm 0.5ppr SF

Gave Diontae Johnson + 2023 3rd

Got Keenan Allen + 2023 2nd
I prefer the KA side regardless of whether or not the team is rebuilding/contending. He is criminally underrated year in, year out. His game is based on elite level route running and savvy, not elite physical traits, so he probably has another 3-4 years of low/mid WR1 play paired with Herbert. His contract is pretty reasonable for a #1 through 2023.

DJ is still just a dart throw and the chances are he won't ever put up the 100+ target 1100+yrd season KA has averaged for the past 4 years, and has every reasonable chance of doing for the next 3 or so. DJ's QB and OL are huge question marks in comparison to KA as well. 

You get a 2nd vs a 3rd with KA as well... this is a no brainer. An excellent (terrible) example of valuing youth over production on the other side. 

Nice trade for you.

I prefer the KA side regardless of whether or not the team is rebuilding/contending. He is criminally underrated year in, year out. His game is based on elite level route running and savvy, not elite physical traits, so he probably has another 3-4 years of low/mid WR1 play paired with Herbert. His contract is pretty reasonable for a #1 through 2023.

DJ is still just a dart throw and the chances are he won't ever put up the 100+ target 1100+yrd season KA has averaged for the past 4 years, and has every reasonable chance of doing for the next 3 or so. DJ's QB and OL are huge question marks in comparison to KA as well. 

You get a 2nd vs a 3rd with KA as well... this is a no brainer. An excellent (terrible) example of valuing youth over production on the other side. 

Nice trade for you.
In a dynasty format Allen’s age is a liability. Dude’s 29. How much time does he have left? 

In that light I think circumstances matter a lot. Acquiring Allen means you have a win-now team. Ideally he’d help the team getting him to a ‘ship, then flip Allen a year later. Which, at 30, will be challenging.

DJ is a sublimely talented young WR who struggled with drops & attitude last season, but he has a bigtime career ahead of him IMO. 

so it’s not just “youth vs talent” because in this case the youth is also talented. 

In a dynasty format Allen’s age is a liability. Dude’s 29. How much time does he have left? 

In that light I think circumstances matter a lot. Acquiring Allen means you have a win-now team. Ideally he’d help the team getting him to a ‘ship, then flip Allen a year later. Which, at 30, will be challenging.

DJ is a sublimely talented young WR who struggled with drops & attitude last season, but he has a bigtime career ahead of him IMO. 

so it’s not just “youth vs talent” because in this case the youth is also talented. 
Like I said, I think KA has another 3-4 years of low/mid WR1 play paired with Herbert left in him. Even if it's more like 2-3, those years will be spent in a system he has mastered with one of the best young QB's in the league. DJ on the other hand has huge question marks at QB and OL and isn't even the #1 WR on his team. He just turned 24... how long will it be until those situations work themselves out in such a way that he can command the number and quality of targets that will let him match for the first time what KA has been doing for years?

KA's success isn't dependent on being younger, stronger, faster than the guys covering him... he is one of, if not the best, route runner in the league. His level of play is a lot less likely to be impacted by turning 30, 31, 32, etc. He turned 29 two months ago btw.

Projecting value out beyond 3 years seems like a losing strategy in dynasty to me; bet you a bottle of homemade hot sauce that KA's production the next 3 years dwarfs DJ's.

3-4 actually... and further qualified by the statement regarding his contract through 2023. So... not nearly 5.

Thanks for assuming I'd edit a post to win a pointless debate.

It's ok for us to disagree.
We both have our opinions. You’ve more than expressed yours. Have a nice day. 

Nice trade for you.
Thanks. You laid out many of the same thoughts I had in making the deal. I do consider this team a contender, with Lamar/Herbert/Barkley/AJBrown/Metcalf as my core. Allen to me is an upgrade over Johnson for this season and next. I also like the idea of pairing Herbert and Allen in my lineup.

Point taken on Allen's age, but I'm not worried about his value or flipping him. I think he will outscore Johnson over the next two seasons.

Point taken on Allen's age, but I'm not worried about his value or flipping him. I think he will outscore Johnson over the next two seasons.
That’s a distinct possibility. But keep in mind that Allen is not without an injury history, and older players tend to get hurt more often. 

I believe I said it was a fair deal, and if the team getting Allen is in “win-now” mode, it makes more sense. 

But if you don’t win-now, you may have mortgaged some of your future.

Not sure how I got painted as the “counterpoint” guy here, since I said it was a fair trade. 

Keenan Allen has been trade kryptonite for at least 3 years already.  If you own him, you've pretty much been resigned to the idea that he's going to retire from your roster.  The value in acquiring him here is that, as other posters have said, he's pretty much a shoo-in to outscore Diontae for the next 2 seasons, and potentially up to the next four seasons.  And you get the higher draft pick back in return. 

This is a fantastic trade for the team acquiring Keenan assuming that they are trying to win and have no aspirations of ever moving him again for "fair value"

Keenan Allen has been trade kryptonite for at least 3 years already.  If you own him, you've pretty much been resigned to the idea that he's going to retire from your roster.  The value in acquiring him here is that, as other posters have said, he's pretty much a shoo-in to outscore Diontae for the next 2 seasons, and potentially up to the next four seasons.  And you get the higher draft pick back in return. 

This is a fantastic trade for the team acquiring Keenan assuming that they are trying to win and have no aspirations of ever moving him again for "fair value"
I never argued otherwise. I simply evaluated both sides of the deal, and very specifically said that if the team getting Allen is in win-now mode, it makes the most sense. 

So yes, I agree completely with your post because it agrees completely with what I originally said. 

But it’s not an imbalanced deal. Just circumstances-dependent. 

I’ll add that I’m not sure why sport is relevant. Durant ruptured his Achilles & a little more than a year later played 48 mins in a playoff game on hardwood. 

That can’t be a hell of a lot different than an NFL player on grass, where they play maybe 30 snaps for a total of what, 8 mins? 
I agree with you on principle and what KD has done has been remarkable but being a RB in the NFL and getting beat on is a different animal than any other in sports.  There is a reason why their career is only like 3 seasons on average or whatever it is.  I think there are valid arguments on both sides but most RBs lose explosiveness after a lower leg injury and even a small loss for someone that wasn't great is a death blow to a career of a RB.

He probably will and I like the trade for you but that doesn't mean that Johnson couldn't still win this trade for the other guy in the long run.  I like the trade personally and would have jumped on it with your team but I get the other side too.

He probably will and I like the trade for you but that doesn't mean that Johnson couldn't still win this trade for the other guy in the long run.  I like the trade personally and would have jumped on it with your team but I get the other side too.
That’s where I’m coming from. DJ isn’t Allen right now, but there’s certainly potential for him to become that productive, and potentially remain so for longer.

But a team ready to get a ‘ship this year or next is better aligned to have Allen short-term.

it’s a win-win, especially if the team getting DJ is competitive but youthful, and has time to play the long game.

That’s why I took issue with the POV that this was a case of “youth over talent”. That was the only bone I had to pick. Because DJ is definitely talented as well. It’s not an either/or in evaluating this deal. 

14 team PPR, QB, 1-4 RB, 1-4 WR, 1-4 TE, K, D (9 starters)

M. Thomas, WR, NO

2022 2nd round

for

T. Kelce, TE, KC

2022 3rd round, 2022 4th round

M. Thomas, WR, NO

2022 2nd round

for

T. Kelce, TE, KC

I probably lean towards the Thomas/2nd side, but it’s not an unfair trade. 

just seems like a lot to pay for a 31 year old Kelce, even as good as he is. 

That’s where I’m coming from. DJ isn’t Allen right now, but there’s certainly potential for him to become that productive, and potentially remain so for longer.

But a team ready to get a ‘ship this year or next is better aligned to have Allen short-term.

it’s a win-win, especially if the team getting DJ is competitive but youthful, and has time to play the long game.

That’s why I took issue with the POV that this was a case of “youth over talent”. That was the only bone I had to pick. Because DJ is definitely talented as well. It’s not an either/or in evaluating this deal. 
Ya.  Not sure why you got picked on a little as the opposition but sparked good debate which I like to see.  I agree with you completely.  I like KA a lot but assuming he will be this good for 4 years is a long time.  DJ may never get there due to QB/O-line but he certainly has the talent to do it.  

M. Thomas, WR, NO

2022 2nd round

for

T. Kelce, TE, KC

Oh how the mighty Thomas has fallen.  This would have seemed unthinkable last offseason.  I think it is pretty fair as Kelce has the feel to me of like a Tony G that put up good fantasy numbers even at like 35.  I'd lean that way but wouldn't like it.  But I guess a really fair trade isn't completely liked or hated by either party.

Oh how the mighty Thomas has fallen.  This would have seemed unthinkable last offseason.  I think it is pretty fair as Kelce has the feel to me of like a Tony G that put up good fantasy numbers even at like 35.  I'd lean that way but wouldn't like it.  But I guess a really fair trade isn't completely liked or hated by either party.
Actually if both sides don't like it you know you have a good deal.......hahahahaha

.......and if both sides really like a deal then someone is missing something...haha

ETA:  This applies to completed deals only.

Actually if both sides don't like it you know you have a good deal.......hahahahaha

.......and if both sides really like a deal then someone is missing something...haha

ETA:  This applies to completed deals only.
This is so true and it makes me laugh when people don't get that.  There are some owners that think they have to love every trade or they won't make it. Not how a team is built.

or better yet, owners that think they have to "win" every trade.  Some of the best trades I have made I didn't "win" but it put me over the top for a title run.  
That is kind of what I meant but totally agreed.  I can't stand how people feel that way.  Depending on your team, situation, and value of the players (both incoming & outgoing)...."win" can mean very different things too.

To my knowledge, the next RB to come back* from an Achilles tear during his “prime” NFL years will be the first. 

*”Come back” in this sense would be to return to production at or exceeding his level prior to the tear 
I completely agree with you that those things are about impossible to come back from. Do you have any idea how many RBs have had a similar injury in their prime?

I am the team getting Kelce and getting the top TE made it worth it to me. I'm not sure I would have made the deal if Brees was still there though. My thinking is that the WR position is easier to replace than the TE position.

I just moved Kelce in an effort to rebuild and get younger. Won't be competitive this season.

FFPC

Gave: Kelce

Got: Bateman, Deebo, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, AJDillon

The first projects to be late for sure as his roster will be super competitive.  Hoping either Bateman and/or Dillon see a good increase in value over the next 12 months and maybe try to move Deebo.

I am the team getting Kelce and getting the top TE made it worth it to me. I'm not sure I would have made the deal if Brees was still there though. My thinking is that the WR position is easier to replace than the TE position.
I agree in principal, but Kelce is 31. 

What window of productivity are you projecting for him? 2 years? 3? 

I just moved Kelce in an effort to rebuild and get younger. Won't be competitive this season.

FFPC

The first projects to be late for sure as his roster will be super competitive.  Hoping either Bateman and/or Dillon see a good increase in value over the next 12 months and maybe try to move Deebo.
That’s a nice haul for Kelce. I think you did well. 

I agree in principal, but Kelce is 31. 

What window of productivity are you projecting for him? 2 years? 3? 
Yes, that's what I am looking for. TE was my weak spot and a couple of years of the top TE will make me happy. I understand the age concern but my team is built to win now and I will find a WR to replace Thomas easier than trying to pry a top TE from someone. Believe me I tried.

Yes, that's what I am looking for. TE was my weak spot and a couple of years of the top TE will make me happy. I understand the age concern but my team is built to win now and I will find a WR to replace Thomas easier than trying to pry a top TE from someone. Believe me I tried.
I like it.  I paid up big time for Kelce at the trade deadline last year but it got me the chip and I don't regret it one bit as I am poised to make a big run this year too.

FFPC

This is a good haul for Kelce.  If rebuilding this is the type of trade that can really help with that.

Totally agree. Heck, Thomas probably won't replace Thomas given the tumultuous situation at QB in NOS. 

;)

Of course the challenge is that you'll be back to square 1 in 2-3 years, but you can cross that bridge when you come to it.  

It's a fair trade for sure. 

12 team 0.5 PPR SF

Gave: Dj Moore, Diontae Johnson, Nyhiem

Hines, Blake Jarwin, ‘22 3rd

got: Dalvin Cook, ‘22 2nd

Users who are viewing this thread