What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

I agree with this analysis.  In my superflex league Lance went 1.02 and Chase 1.05.  So I would also expect a little something added to Chase even though I prefer Chase straight up.
Yeah, all depends on the league, but in my SF league the top 5 were QBs then Chase, then the RBs, then Pitts fell to 1.08 

Looking at some drafts, I've seen the opposite, where Lawrence, Chase & Pitts went 1-2-3 (in whichever order) & then the RBs, then the other 3-4 QB. 

During the draft it comes down to need & BPA, so I see Chase & Lance as virtually interchangeable value-wise.

I gotta admit it’s a little weird to see them dealt straight up, as usually an in-draft deal to move up would happen here, but I’m guessing both owners might have had buyer’s remorse - I imagine they took BPA according to whatever rankings they were using, then realized they’d each be better off with the other. So it’s weird, but it’s fair. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, all depends on the league, but in my SF league the top 5 were QBs then Chase, then the RBs, then Pitts fell to 1.08 

Looking at some drafts, I've seen the opposite, where Lawrence, Chase & Pitts went 1-2-3 (in whichever order) & then the RBs, then the other 3-4 QB. 

During the draft it comes down to need & BPA, so I see Chase & Lance as virtually interchangeable value-wise.

I gotta admit it’s a little weird to see them dealt straight up, as usually an in-draft deal to move up would happen here, but I’m guessing both owners might have had buyer’s remorse - I imagine they took BPA according to whatever rankings they were using, then realized they’d each be better off with the other. So it’s weird, but it’s fair. 
I sat at 1.05 and if Lance fell I was QB heavy and would have been disappointed. I was pretty happy Lance was taken and Chase fell to 1.05.....all to say that if Chase was taken before 1.05 and I took Lance I would instantly make the trade of Lance to chase.  

This speaks more to my huge man crush on chase than my disbelief on Lance.

I sat at 1.05 and if Lance fell I was QB heavy and would have been disappointed. I was pretty happy Lance was taken and Chase fell to 1.05.....all to say that if Chase was taken before 1.05 and I took Lance I would instantly make the trade of Lance to chase.  

This speaks more to my huge man crush on chase than my disbelief on Lance.
Looking at my league, it went QB 1-4, then 1.05 took Najee Harris - and of the top 5 teams pickings team 1.05 was the only one desperate for a QB.

I asked them why they didn’t trade up & they said they were positive a QB would fall since 1-4 didn't “need” a QB, and since they play in like 6 dynasty leagues & at least Chase & Harris went top 4 in every one of their drafts. 

Leason there: if you really need something, trade up & take it because crazy stuff happens in drafts. They’re as unpredictable as human beings.

16 team PPR, start 1QB, 1 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (RB, WR, or TE)

Chubb 

Donovan People-Jones

Blake Jarwin

FOR

Justin Jefferson 

edit…team 1 is a strong contender that will still have A Gibson and J Taylor. Team 1 does also have Thielen,  + Hopkins, Kupp, Pittman and Mooney at WR, Kittle and Logan Thomas at TE. Stafford and Bridgewater at QB.

Team 2 is a total rebuild who’s only real assets are K Murray, Jefferson and  1.01

Basically Chubb for Jefferson, which isn’t too far off, but gimme the Jefferson side. Depends on team needs tho. 
Thanks for the reply

Team 1 is a strong contender that will still have A Gibson and J Taylor. Team 1 does also have Thielen,  + Hopkins, Kupp, Pittman and Mooney at WR, Kittle and Logan Thomas at TE. Stafford and Bridgewater at QB.

Team 2 is a total rebuild who’s only real assets are K Murray, Jefferson and  1.01

Thanks for the reply

Team 1 is a strong contender that will still have A Gibson and J Taylor. Team 1 does also have Thielen,  + Hopkins, Kupp, Pittman and Mooney at WR, Kittle and Logan Thomas at TE. Stafford and Bridgewater at QB.

Team 1 is clearly going for it. Jefferson is a nice get. Ran it through my trade calc & Team Chubb actually got the better of this value for value, but not by a ton. 

I think it’s a fair deal both ways, though if I were rebuilding, was that thin, & had Jefferson to move I probably would have wanted to diversify more than Chubb & a couple marginal TEs. I’d have wanted picks instead of Jarwin/DPJ.

Maybe team Chubb will now flip Chubb for a package? That would be smart. Having Chubb + nothing is not much of an improvement over having Jefferson + nothing.

Might also want to turn KM into multiple players/picks. 

So yeah, fair deal - just not one that really helps team Chubb other than having one more asset to trade. In that context it’s a bit 1-sided in terms of who the deal benefits.  And in all likelihood he  handed team Jefferson a championship & one of the youngest, most valuable pieces in the game. 

That’s something I try to avoid doing. There was probably a better trade partner out there for them, but they had a chubby for Chubb.  :shrug:  

I don’t like it all for the rebuilding team. Love Chubb but if you’re 2-3 years away Chubb will be turning 28-29 during the first year you’re possibly looking to contend. That leaves a very small window if everything breaks right to win it before he’s likely to drop off. I’d much rather have Jefferson or trade him for a younger Rb+ than an already emerged and thus more expensive stud like Chubb. 

I just took over a rebuild with Jefferson and Swift as the main pieces. I’m in all likelihood keeping Jefferson but if I were to move him it’d be for another one of the younger backs plus picks. Imagine if you were rebuilding and didn’t have Jefferson…he’d be one of the top targets to acquire! I really don’t see the logic in trading him away if you’re rebuilding.

In that light I like it even more. 

the only thought is I wish Hurts had Tua’s weapons. Philly’s WRs don’t excite me much
Smith, Reagor, some useful depth in Fulgham/Ward, some plus TEs, receiving backs and Hurt's own rushing ability...

Not bad; maybe on the young side but there are enough pieces for Hurts to put up numbers.

Chubb 

Donovan People-Jones

Blake Jarwin

FOR

Justin Jefferson 

edit…team 1 is a strong contender that will still have A Gibson and J Taylor. Team 1 does also have Thielen,  + Hopkins, Kupp, Pittman and Mooney at WR, Kittle and Logan Thomas at TE. Stafford and Bridgewater at QB.

Definitely Jefferson...high-end talent is not easy to acquire in a 16 team league and while Chubb is a very good RB Jefferson will be productive long after Chubb is gone...this is the type a deal an Owner will regret and be reminded of for a long, long time.

Oh wait, the team trading Jefferson FOR Chubb was the team rebuilding??  Yikes.  Double bad:

1- bad value

2- when rebuilding you dont trade a top young WR for RBs, especially RBs who really cant appreciate much in value at this point. 

Awful
Yeah - for a rebuilding team. I understand dealing JJ, but not for a single RB & change. Picks, a package of picks/players.

I’m just baffled by what’s basically a 1:1 for a RB. I don’t see how that helps a team rebuild unless the plan is to flip Chubb. 

ghostguy123 said:
Oh wait, the team trading Jefferson FOR Chubb was the team rebuilding??  Yikes.  Double bad:

1- bad value

2- when rebuilding you dont trade a top young WR for RBs, especially RBs who really cant appreciate much in value at this point. 

Awful
Especially in PPR league where you only need 1 RB and can start 4 WR. Probably the preferred starting unit each week. I would think WR is way more valuable than a RB in this league. 

Especially in PPR league where you only need 1 RB and can start 4 WR. Probably the preferred starting unit each week. I would think WR is way more valuable than a RB in this league. 
Yeah, that only compounds how bad a decision it was for my the Chubb owner.

Dude getting JJ already has 2 stud RB, could easily afford to deal Chubb. 

If I was another owner in this league I’d be pretty ticked about this deal. I mean. It’s fair, but just handing this dude a super team. 

Very pricey. I don’t like criticizing how much someone might give up for the player they want, but that’s a lot of gold for a rookie and I am super high of E Moore. GL
Moore would have to come to my house every night for a month & give me a tender yet firm shoulder massage for this trade to be remotely fair. 

JoeSteeler said:

Chubb 

Donovan People-Jones

Blake Jarwin

FOR

Justin Jefferson 

This seems fair to me.  I have Jefferson worth more than Chubb but not a ton and don't really care for DPJ or Jarwin much, they are little sweeteners.  It really comes down to team needs and direction they are going.  I would have wanted a better player or pick with Chubb personally but nothing wrong here if you liked Jarwin/needed a TE and like the dart throw in DPJ.  Nothing wrong here but I do lean towards the Jefferson side.

This seems fair to me.  I have Jefferson worth more than Chubb but not a ton and don't really care for DPJ or Jarwin much, they are little sweeteners.  It really comes down to team needs and direction they are going.  I would have wanted a better player or pick with Chubb personally but nothing wrong here if you liked Jarwin/needed a TE and like the dart throw in DPJ.  Nothing wrong here but I do lean towards the Jefferson side.
It's a fair deal, but knowing the context it's a terrible one to make for the Jefferson owner. 

Rebuilding team with only Murray, 1.01 & Jefferson to work with?  And he's sending Jefferson to a stacked team for basically Chubb (I don't think either TE moves the needle much value-wise)  in a format where you only have to start 1 RB. 

So yeah, that team got Chubb, but is now in the exact same position, only worse since Jefferson > Chubb in dynasty format due to relative injury risk of WR vs RB, and roster requirements. 

And in doing so, made the stacked team a virtual lock for a championship & years of production out of arguably the top young dynasty WR. 

So while fair on paper, it's an awful deal to make as it doesn't improve really their roster while vastly improving someone who was likely already a favorite to win their league. It reeks of impatience. This is a team that needs a rebuild - Jefferson/Murray/1.01 is something to rebuild around. If trading any of those pieces, I'd expect to see multiple players/picks, because a 1:1 replacement doesn't help. 

It's a fair deal, but knowing the context it's a terrible one to make for the Jefferson owner. 

Rebuilding team with only Murray, 1.01 & Jefferson to work with?  And he's sending Jefferson to a stacked team for basically Chubb (I don't think either TE moves the needle much value-wise)  in a format where you only have to start 1 RB. 

So yeah, that team got Chubb, but is now in the exact same position, only worse since Jefferson > Chubb in dynasty format due to relative injury risk of WR vs RB, and roster requirements. 

And in doing so, made the stacked team a virtual lock for a championship & years of production out of arguably the top young dynasty WR. 

So while fair on paper, it's an awful deal to make as it doesn't improve really their roster while vastly improving someone who was likely already a favorite to win their league. It reeks of impatience. This is a team that needs a rebuild - Jefferson/Murray/1.01 is something to rebuild around. If trading any of those pieces, I'd expect to see multiple players/picks, because a 1:1 replacement doesn't help. 
I agree.  I was talking more on the deal on face value.  I agree it is terrible for a rebuilding team to trade Jefferson for anything close to this.  He just got traded in my league by a semi-rebuilding team for 1.1 and a 22 1st (projected top 6) and I wasn't sure that was enough for me to have moved him but is better than this deal for sure.

I don't really worry about what I'm trading a stacked team personally if it makes sense for me.  I will tax them harder though for that reason.  They really need to be looking at flipping Chubb already for this to be even remotely palatable.  If they wanted to add talent they should have put Jefferson on the block and went with the highest bidder.

You are totally right that this wreaks of impatience.  I don't understand it either as no pick was involved so not like they were getting rookie fever or anything.

I don't really worry about what I'm trading a stacked team personally if it makes sense for me.  I will tax them harder though for that reason. 

I always focus on that. I’ve turned down deals that I liked because it would have put an already great team over the top. 

I never lose sight of the fact that I’m going to be facing/competing against any prospective trade partners. 

I always focus on that. I’ve turned down deals that I liked because it would have put an already great team over the top. 

I never lose sight of the fact that I’m going to be facing/competing against any prospective trade partners. 
I get that.  I just have plenty of faith in myself.  If I am going to be giving to my main competition, they are definitely going to pay a big premium though.  I keep it in mind but won't keep me from making a move.

What do you think it would take?
I don't play in a SF league and usually won't comment on those trades but in this case I translated SF rookie draft to standard PPR and looked at this as more of an early and mid second. 

I'd need a first round pick in any format and in standard PPR  I'd need that pick to not look some guaranteed pick in the bottom of round one which 90% of the time would just have me waiting a year to take like the 4-6th WR off the board. In SF any first would likely work but again I don't play that format, just assume 4 QB's got a chance to go so even if it was pick 12 that's either gets you a RB or puts you shopping at top of the WR market.

Put another way he played well enough last year and has to much current hype for me to just take two second round shots and I'd not be interested in moving him unless I thought it put me in position to draft a QB in SF,  or a RB or top of the WR market in standard. 

What do you think it would take?
I agree it's light, but I haven't seen too many willing to entertain higher offers. I think the perception of his dynasty value is lagging behind where it should be and is on the upward trend.

Comparing him to this class, I'd rather have him than any pass catcher except for Chase & PItts. I think Najee, Williams, and Etienne have more perceived and real value so I'd probably take them first as well. After that, it's pretty murky. I know saying he's worth the 1.06 this year might get a lot of boos but, I can see it.

The only things the next few rookies have on him is draft capital and, in some cases, college production. I think he would've been drafted in the first round barring his injury history, not that  2.10 is loose change, which I think has largely been allayed after making it through his rookie year unscathed. There's a lot of factors that went into his college production: usage, QB play, injuries, team, etc... and again, his rookie year showed he belongs and that should supersede any negative comparison arguments about college play.

After those considerations everything else seems to be stacked his way in comparison. He's like an AJ Brown or Andre Johnson clone with less route running finesse. Not saying he'll get there... but it won't be physical ability that keeps it from happening. New 'generational talent' QB, HC known for creative ways to get the ball to his play makers, youth, work ethic, balling out at minicamp & OTA's... and so on. He's shown he can play in the NFL... something none of the rookies have.

If someone offered me the 1.06 for Shenault, I'm not sure I'd have enough courage in my convictions to overcome rookie fever, but it seems like the right move to me.

ps: Didn't notice this was an SF trade... my valuation was in 1 QB PPR.

Shenault is a "no man's land" player. A guy you shouldn't move for less than a first but that you shouldn't give up a first to get. :shrug:
This is exactly my thinking.  Unless it is a 1st 2 years out then maybe but doubtful.  He is more valuable to the owner that has him.  If I could get him for 2nds or lower end talent then maybe but this was perfectly put.

I tried to buy him for two 2nds earlier this offseason and was told it would take a 1st. I wasn't willing to. 
I might would consider like two late 2nds, but no way I’d give a first, personally. Looking at the players that just went in the 2nd in our rookie draft we finished Saturday, I’d rather have two of most of those guys than him. Sermon, Waddle, both Moore’s for example. Two QB league. 

Two things -

Shenault is the kind of player who needs a nickname.  I just can't think of a good one.

I agree with the sentiment that he's worth more on your roster than he is in a trade.  There's too many unknown factors that could play into him becoming the next big thing, or a jag.  Either way, you're playing Deal or No Deal and the banker is never going to offer you the million your case might contain.

I love the player, I have little faith that urban Meyer has a clue. 
1. basically skipped the first round of free agency

2. drafted Etienne in the 1st to be a 3rd down back or some sort of “offensive weapon”

3. Has brought in Tebow and Treadwell, seems like he’s relying on what he scouted when they were in high school or college which was eons ago. Again, Tebow as supposed “OW”. Maybe neither makes the team, but it seems like a poor use of roster space imo. 

Granted, this doesn’t really mean meyer won’t be good at the X’s and O’s, he had a lot of success in college but we’ve seen a lot of good college coaches fail at the nfl level as well. There’s been a lot said about Ohio state qbs not panning out in the nfl, but no one seems to be worried about Trevor Lawrence even though he now has the former OSU coach calling the shots. If Meyer develops terrible qbs, do bevell and schotty make up for that difference? Is Lawrence that transcendent a talent?

I think for this off-season if you’re inclined to sell ‘Viska now is the time, his hype train went from “Etienne will take his role” to “he’s a monster (without pads)” really fast, and can take a similar nosedive again. If you’re a buyer, it’s best to wait until his hype cools, which could likely happen early in the season. He has a lot to like and it should be an ascending offense with good young position players, but target distribution will be spread out a bit, at least for the next year or two. 

If I had to compare a career trajectory, I’d compare him to Tyler Lockett. A lot of people liked Lockett coming into the league, but it took some time for him to get going and had an aging Baldwin (Marvin Jones in this case being the underrated veteran) taking a lot of targets as a reliable wr. They don’t really compare from a skill/physical standpoint, but similar in terms of opportunity. 

I love the player, I have little faith that urban Meyer has a clue. 
1. basically skipped the first round of free agency

2. drafted Etienne in the 1st to be a 3rd down back or some sort of “offensive weapon”

3. Has brought in Tebow and Treadwell, seems like he’s relying on what he scouted when they were in high school or college which was eons ago. Again, Tebow as supposed “OW”. Maybe neither makes the team, but it seems like a poor use of roster space imo. 
I get the same vibe. It's like when a dynasty player applies their investment strategy in a redraft league, or a redraft player gives up too much for over-the-hill types during his first stint in dynasty. Meyer seems to be applying college football thinking to the NFL.

Not that it really matters but People-Jones is a WR, albeit a big one. I actually like his prospects some, but I agree he doesn't move the needle at all in a deal like this.

It is an odd deal for a rebuilder for sure but I think it's pretty even value-wise. I think Jefferson is a bit over-rated, as I think there's a pretty decent chance we just saw his career year (same with Cousins for that matter). Don't get me wrong, he's a top 5/10 dynasty WR for sure, but I just don't see him as untouchable as some do.

wgoldsph said:
Two things -

Shenault is the kind of player who needs a nickname.  I just can't think of a good one.

I agree with the sentiment that he's worth more on your roster than he is in a trade.  There's too many unknown factors that could play into him becoming the next big thing, or a jag.  Either way, you're playing Deal or No Deal and the banker is never going to offer you the million your case might contain.
I prefer "Latka" myself.  However, I think the board (overall) might be too young for a Taxi reference,

1QB PPR - not involved

Team A gave: 2021 1.10, 2022 1st (likely 1.12), 2022 2nd (mid), 2022 2nd (likely 2.12)

Team B gave: Mahomes

1QB PPR - not involved

Team A gave: 2021 1.10, 2022 1st (likely 1.12), 2022 2nd (mid), 2022 2nd (likely 2.12)

Team B gave: Mahomes
I think that’s too much for Mahomes in a 1 QB league. There’s a ton of QBs who are cheap that can put up numbers close to him.

Users who are viewing this thread