What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

I have had many guys over the years try the qb hoarding and it has never led to a profit.  Every time the guy spouts out at the draft "just wait until you need a qb and you will be coming to me" and every year he ends up with those qb's or he gives them away for nothing and he flounders with no decent WR's or RB's.  But he has tons of bench points.
QB hoarder in my league has no titles in 27 seasons...

It’s completely outrageous. Every team in the league should have 1-2 QBs that they feel like are capable of being a QB1, and you can still find weekly surprises on the waiver wire. 

Herbert is my pick to have a Baker Sophomore Slump, I’ve made a lot of hay over the years selling QBs at premium prices in these leagues and have never regretted it. 
What would you guys sell Lamar for in a 1QB PPR league?

These top 7-8 guys are never going to get fair value in a 1 qb league unless its the league where herbert fetches 2 1sts.

At this point in the season, assuming you had your rookie draft and any picks would be '22 or later, I would likely just hold him for any single pick.

if you havent had your rookie draft yet, and we are talking in terms of '21 picks, I would hold for anything less than a top 4. I also wouldnt offer a top 4 for him if I were buying.

*edit If someone offered you something like 2 mid 1sts this year, and you could turn that into Javonte and say Lawrence/Lance/Fields, I would also do that easily

In terms of players, there are plenty of players id move lamar for in 1 qb depending on the makeup of my roster, and what needs i was aiming to fill.

Last edited by a moderator:
These top 7-8 guys are never going to get fair value in a 1 qb league unless its the league where herbert fetches 2 1sts.

At this point in the season, assuming you had your rookie draft and any picks would be '22 or later, I would likely just hold him for any single pick.

if you havent had your rookie draft yet, and we are talking in terms of '21 picks, I would hold for anything less than a top 4. I also wouldnt offer a top 4 for him if I were buying.

In terms of players, there are plenty of players id move lamar for in 1 qb depending on the makeup of my roster, and what needs i was aiming to fill.
Was talking along the lines of players . :)

One observation here…asking this question to a fantasy community of die hard football nerds who talk about football in March & April is going to get you a much different answer than seeing what folks will actually trade players for.

for one; there’s no context to many of the deals posted. But for another, supply & demand, and player crushes come into the equation. And finally, the “average” FF player probably doesn’t have 3 draft calcs bookmarked. 

Just occurred to me seeing the 1st response that (paraphrasing) “no QB is going to get fair value in a 1 QB league”.

I mean, they might. Really depends on the league & the intensity level of owners. 

Like a league made of of the last 12 people that responded. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to get a deal done?! :lol:  

So to be clear, you’d rather lose a league than lose a trade? 
Your words not mine. As I said above I wouldn't trade Gibson for Herbert *and* the 1st on that side. I don't believe in the premise that there isn't another QB available. 

To me that trade was the worst I have seen all offseason and I see it as three 1sts for Herbert. Gibson should cost two 1sts easily. 

*edit If someone offered you something like 2 mid 1sts this year, and you could turn that into Javonte and say Lawrence/Lance/Fields, I would also do that easily

One observation here…asking this question to a fantasy community of die hard football nerds who talk about football in March & April is going to get you a much different answer than seeing what folks will actually trade players for.

for one; there’s no context to many of the deals posted. But for another, supply & demand, and player crushes come into the equation. And finally, the “average” FF player probably doesn’t have 3 draft calcs bookmarked. 

Just occurred to me seeing the 1st response that (paraphrasing) “no QB is going to get fair value in a 1 QB league”.

I mean, they might. Really depends on the league & the intensity level of owners. 

Like a league made of of the last 12 people that responded. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to get a deal done?! :lol:  
ahh yes, paraphrasing so you can get your zinger in, because if you just straight up quoted the comment, you could not get said zinger in. Good work.

Your words not mine. As I said above I wouldn't trade Gibson for Herbert *and* the 1st on that side. I don't believe in the premise that there isn't another QB available. 
You’re changing the scenario to suit your response though. the old Star Trek “Kobayashi Maru” tactic. 🖖🏼

I’m saying in that scenario that Herbert is it. No one who has QBs to deal needs a RB except Bill, and you slept with Bill’s girlfriend so Bill doesn’t wanna trade with you. That leaves Steve, and he’s got Herbert but that’s his asking price. 

Would you rather overpay for Herbert & have a ~70% chance at making the playoffs/40% shot at winning the league, or stand pat with whatever scrub you can stream off the WW and have a ~30% chance of making the playoffs/10% shot at winning the league? 

straight answer - no Captain Kirk-ing allowed. 

ahh yes, paraphrasing so you can get your zinger in, because if you just straight up quoted the comment, you could not get said zinger in. Good work.
No, paraphrasing because i wasn’t sure what the exact quote was and I wasn’t that invested to go quote it. 

there wasn’t a zinger to get in. You missed the point of my post entirely, but get down with your bad self I guess. 

I think you always want to make a good deal but sometimes you have to overpay if it puts you over the top. I'd rather the title and deal with the fallout over the next few years than looking back at what could have been. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't.
Let me tell you about a redraft season where I had Priest Holmes, who fell to me at 5.

He came out of the gate gangbusters & the Larry Johnson owner offered him to me for what I thought was way too much for a bench-riding handcuff.

We got very close, but then the LJ owner wanted me to toss in a WR3 & I balked. No deal got done.

The very next week Holmes got hurt & LJ went on to win that dude the league. Because I didn’t want to overpay my season was over. 

You’re changing the scenario to suit your response though. the old Star Trek “Kobayashi Maru” tactic. 🖖🏼

I’m saying in that scenario that Herbert is it. No one who has QBs to deal needs a RB except Bill, and you slept with Bill’s girlfriend so Bill doesn’t wanna trade with you. That leaves Steve, and he’s got Herbert but that’s his asking price. 

Would you rather overpay for Herbert & have a ~70% chance at making the playoffs/40% shot at winning the league, or stand pat with whatever scrub you can stream off the WW and have a ~30% chance of making the playoffs/10% shot at winning the league? 

It's a 12-team league, Shirley the team with Gibson already has at least one serviceable QB on the roster.  Or was there literally nothing at all?

In my case sure I would take Herbert there.  But that seems like such a far fetched scenario it's not really any more worth worrying about than whether I would take the Herbert side if I were playing a league where players named after adorable VW Beetle movie stars get triple points.

It's a 12-team league, Shirley the team with Gibson already has at least one serviceable QB on the roster.  Or was there literally nothing at all?
Well, Bill did, but @barackdhouse slept with his girl in this hypothetical, so Bill doesn't want to deal with him. He won't go bowling with him any more either, which seems a little extreme, but hey, that's Bill for ya. Friggin Bill, man. 

But yeah, that's the scenario. Would you rather over-pay knowing it gives you a great chance to win, or not make a deal taking your chances with the WW? 

And stop calling me Shirley. :lol:  

ETA: I'd said in that scenario, barackdhouse had Watson/Luck. But  for the sake of argument, let's say he has Darnold.  So stand pat with Darnold or overpay for Herbert? 

In my case sure I would take Herbert there.  But that seems like such a far fetched scenario it's not really any more worth worrying about than whether I would take the Herbert side if I were playing a league where players named after adorable VW Beetle movie stars get triple points.
I am proposing this rule at my draft. I'll keep you posted on how the vote goes. 

lol 

My point was about context. And yes, it was a hyperbolic exaggeration. But at least now we know not to leave our girl alone with @barackdhouse, and that's what's important here. 

That and that sentient cars can also defy the laws of physics. 

*ETA: this is all in good fun, and I mean no offense to barackdhouse. I'm sure he's as trustworthy as the day is long and would never actually do something like that. 

For reference, I tried getting Mahomes, but the other guy wanted my 1st round pick PLUS Lamar for him. I passed, but all this overpay vs regret it later has me rethinking & perhaps try to revisit a deal, but 1st try a player he hasn't rejected yet vs my 1st

For reference, I tried getting Mahomes, but the other guy wanted my 1st round pick PLUS Lamar for him. I passed, but all this overpay vs regret it later has me rethinking & perhaps try to revisit a deal, but 1st try a he hasn't rejected yet vs my 1st
That's a tough scenario. Sounds a lot like he just doesn't want to give up Mahomes, and that was how he said so. 

I sold Mahomes for the equivalent of 5x 1st round picks, so it's not like he's being outrageous. 

That's a tough scenario. Sounds a lot like he just doesn't want to give up Mahomes, and that was how he said so. 

I sold Mahomes for the equivalent of 5x 1st round picks, so it's not like he's being outrageous. 
He wants to move him as he has him on the trade block. He just is hoping for an overpay from someone & no one has as he has been on the block for a while now.

He wants to move him as he has him on the trade block. He just is hoping for an overpay from someone & no one has as he has been on the block for a while now.
Yeah, I mean Mahomes & LJax don't seem that far apart value-wise in my opinion, though the trade calcs all give a big bump to Mahomes, so at this point it's gonna be a standoff between you two to see who blinks. 

Assuming I had a reasonably strong team I would pay a 1st, assuming it's not early, to upgrade to Mahomes from any QB other than maybe Murray.

As history has shown us time and again the reality is a LOT of these top QBs are going to regress over the next few years, probably pretty heavily.  There was a time when Matt Schaub and middle of his prime Peyton Manning were considered somewhat interchangeable, and we're just a few years removed from Jared Goff and Carson Wentz being the top dynasty QBs and even closer than that to Baker Mayfield being considered a top 3 QB.  A few years before that Jameis, Mariota, and Carr were all borderline top 5 guys worth as much as Herbert, LJax, etc are now.

That's not to say Mahomes isn't without his own risk but to me if we're talking about 1 or 2 of these guys being a future HoF, career long elite fantasy QB a la Peyton/Brady/Rodgers then Mahomes is way ahead at the top of that list of who is most likely to be that guy.  All the rest of them, and especially the untraditional LJax, it wouldn't really surprise me that much if 5 years from now we were talking about them like we talk about Goff, Wentz, Stafford, etc who have little value in 1qb leagues.  And it's likely that one or two of them will even be Flacco/Jameis/Baker/RG3 where they fall off the fantasy 1qb map completely.

To me a mid/late 1st is a fair price to pay to make sure I'm getting a 25 year old Peyton rather than a 23 year old RG3 or a 24 year old Jared Goff.

Assuming I had a reasonably strong team I would pay a 1st, assuming it's not early, to upgrade to Mahomes from any QB other than maybe Murray.

As history has shown us time and again the reality is a LOT of these top QBs are going to regress over the next few years, probably pretty heavily.  There was a time when Matt Schaub and middle of his prime Peyton Manning were considered somewhat interchangeable, and we're just a few years removed from Jared Goff and Carson Wentz being the top dynasty QBs and even closer than that to Baker Mayfield being considered a top 3 QB.  A few years before that Jameis, Mariota, and Carr were all borderline top 5 guys worth as much as Herbert, LJax, etc are now.

That's not to say Mahomes isn't without his own risk but to me if we're talking about 1 or 2 of these guys being a future HoF, career long elite fantasy QB a la Peyton/Brady/Rodgers then Mahomes is way ahead at the top of that list of who is most likely to be that guy.  All the rest of them, and especially the untraditional LJax, it wouldn't really surprise me that much if 5 years from now we were talking about them like we talk about Goff, Wentz, Stafford, etc who have little value in 1qb leagues.  And it's likely that one or two of them will even be Flacco/Jameis/Baker/RG3 where they fall off the fantasy 1qb map completely.

To me a mid/late 1st is a fair price to pay to make sure I'm getting a 25 year old Peyton rather than a 23 year old RG3 or a 24 year old Jared Goff.
I agree with most of this, but some (not necessarily me) believe that LJax has another gear, where he becomes a passing sensation and continues to utilize his legs. 

And there are others who believe that Mahomes, who's already missed time with a knee injury, takes a lot of risks outside of the pocket while not being as physically gifted as LJax, adding some risk. 

Again, I am just playing devil's advocate here, but couldn't the above also be said for Mahomes? That what we've seen is potentially what he is, and that his 50 TD season isn't likely to repeat? 

I'd have a hard time paying top upgrade there, because I'm just not sure it's that much of an upgrade. If I have LJax, I'm probably looking to invest at other positions because I already have a young top 5 starting QB. So to me the deal doesn't make that much sense anyway, but I do appreciate your POV here. 

I didn't change anything. I reject your premise. Period. Would a trade partner be allowed to make a similar decision or would they be accused of changing the rules too? That Kobayashi Maru rabbit hole made even less sense than your defense of this deal. I didn't change ####. Have you had the rookie draft yet? How high did Lawrence go? That is the ceiling of the price I would pay for a QB. Where did Fields/Wilson go? Somewhere above you mentioned Darnold. Yes I would slam my hand into the keyboard to move Herbert for Gibson and a 1st, even if I only had a backup on my roster, like Mariota or Minshew or some garbage. With Darnold there it isn't even a concern. 

Kobayashi Maru? No this is just me saying I would find a QB another way. If I were in that league that would be an option would it not? I wouldn't be accused of changing the rules if I rejected that deal would I? I'd be happy with Darnold, maybe one of the top rookie QBs, and WW streaming. Lots of people play single QB that way. 

Making the assumption that Herbert puts a team over the top is not something I'm obligated to go along with.

Herbert for Gibson and a first is outright theft for the side getting Gibson almost regardless of the situation. Just wanted to chime in, hypothetically speaking or not.

I didn't change anything. I reject your premise. Period. Would a trade partner be allowed to make a similar decision or would they be accused of changing the rules too? That Kobayashi Maru rabbit hole made even less sense than your defense of this deal. I didn't change ####. Have you had the rookie draft yet? How high did Lawrence go? That is the ceiling of the price I would pay for a QB. Where did Fields/Wilson go? Somewhere above you mentioned Darnold. Yes I would slam my hand into the keyboard to move Herbert for Gibson and a 1st, even if I only had a backup on my roster, like Mariota or Minshew or some garbage. With Darnold there it isn't even a concern. 

Kobayashi Maru? No this is just me saying I would find a QB another way. If I were in that league that would be an option would it not? I wouldn't be accused of changing the rules if I rejected that deal would I? I'd be happy with Darnold, maybe one of the top rookie QBs, and WW streaming. Lots of people play single QB that way. 

Making the assumption that Herbert puts a team over the top is not something I'm obligated to go along with.
Fair enough. Was just having some fun with a scenario-based approach. It’s not that important. 

FYI, "rejecting the premise" is the same thing. Thus the Kirk reference. 

By the way, I think Herbert is nasty as all get out. Just his positional value in a 1 QB setting that most people play in is very low. In the league I play in, QBs are at a premium in a 1 QB setting and Herbert still isn't worth Gibson alone, never mind adding a first to it. Like barackdhouse said, I'd rather go into my year with Andy Dalton starting at quarterback than make that deal.

Let me tell you about a redraft season where I had Priest Holmes, who fell to me at 5.

He came out of the gate gangbusters & the Larry Johnson owner offered him to me for what I thought was way too much for a bench-riding handcuff.

We got very close, but then the LJ owner wanted me to toss in a WR3 & I balked. No deal got done.

The very next week Holmes got hurt & LJ went on to win that dude the league. Because I didn’t want to overpay my season was over. 
I mean is there really value in a dynasty trade thread to reiterating on every trade that “sometimes your individual team situation makes it worth overpaying”?

Im not sure we need to pump the brakes and say “well what if it was the best they could get and the last piece they needed to win the money” every time a valuation is bad. Yes, there may be times when a bad trade in a vacuum makes sense. But are we here to figure out rough player values or rehabilitate the honor of owners who might have made brutal looking trades for outlier reasons?

I mean is there really value in a dynasty trade thread to reiterating on every trade that “sometimes your individual team situation makes it worth overpaying”?

Im not sure we need to pump the brakes and say “well what if it was the best they could get and the last piece they needed to win the money” every time a valuation is bad. Yes, there may be times when a bad trade in a vacuum makes sense. But are we here to figure out rough player values or rehabilitate the honor of owners who might have made brutal looking trades for outlier reasons?
It’s not even preseason yet. It’s a fun discussion. We really don’t need 40 people saying a trade is bad either, nor is that the point of this topic, yet here we are.

So if everyone is saying it’s terrible on it’s face, is there any harm done by suggesting that perhaps there’s a context in which it isn’t terrible & giving an example of when I used to think like everyone else until a scenario unfolded that proved me wrong?

Or is that discussion verboten? lemme go check the forum rules, brb

Verboten? Harm done? Nah I just think everyone knows it already.

I’m not gonna go to some financial advice board and post about buying 3 quarters for a dollar once in college because I needed to do laundry in the replies every time someone makes an investment that looks like it’s gonna lose em 25%. Yeah sometimes losing value makes sense for other reasons, we get it. It’s also a bad trade barring some weird, rarely applicable outlier situation

Verboten? Harm done? Nah I just think everyone knows it already.

I’m not gonna go to some financial advice board and post about buying 3 quarters for a dollar once in college because I needed to do laundry in the replies every time someone makes an investment that looks like it’s gonna lose em 25%. Yeah sometimes losing value makes sense for other reasons, we get it. It’s also a bad trade barring some weird, rarely applicable outlier situation
Except that's not remotely a good analogy to this, because everyone has quarters and they’re all worth $.25. And everyone agrees they’re only worth $.25

a much better analogy would be someone with a rare sports card trading it for 3 semi-rare sports cards because the rare one completes their set, making the sum of the parts even more valuable.

That’s exactly like the ready to win team overpaying for a fantasy asset, which is the framing I employed. 

Like I said, I own neither Herbert nor Gibson, I would take the Gibson side all day, and I think it’s an overpay. I’m not defending the deal at all. 

I’m just suggesting it could be viewed in a more favorable light than some here are shining on it. And I find it interesting that this deal is getting so much more attention than the Amari Cooper for McLaurin (with a free 1st tossed in) when that’s an almost equally bad deal, though people “like Terry McClaurin so they could see overpaying to get him” yet that logic disappears with Herbert? 

if you disagree with me, that’s fine. Welcome to the club I guess. 

The only thing I would add is that I personally find it frustrating not having “a guy” at QB. I don’t like streaming or guessing between 2-3 mediocre/poor options. I can see where a team who has struggled to find a consistent option there seeking out a trade for one. In dynasty I have always focused on making the strength of my team at the QB and WR positions. I like the longevity and I have had a lot of success with that strategy. That being said it is hard to justify the first being on the Gibson side.

The only thing I would add is that I personally find it frustrating not having “a guy” at QB. I don’t like streaming or guessing between 2-3 mediocre/poor options. I can see where a team who has struggled to find a consistent option there seeking out a trade for one. In dynasty I have always focused on making the strength of my team at the QB and WR positions. I like the longevity and I have had a lot of success with that strategy. That being said it is hard to justify the first being on the Gibson side.
Best response I’ve read on this, tbh. 

FF managers vary wildly on their comfort level with exposure at various positions.

I recently dealt Mahomes, and in a SF I’m going forward with Carr, Daniel Jones & Z.Wilson. But not everyone is comfortable with that. 

if it doesn’t work out, I’ll be in a good position to get a QB in 2023, or I’ll move aging but still talented assets to upgrade the position.

there’s also the possibility that the team with Gibson was deep at the position & possibly wasn’t heavily invested in Gibson. Now you and I know that what you pay for an asset shouldn’t determine what you command later for that same asset. But to some people, it does. 

So if that owner is of the same mindset as you & feels Herbert is “the next” QB of the future, and they have a chance to get them, I can understand an overpay.

Not something I’d do. Nor is it something I’d recommend they do. But if they did it, I can think of a rationale for doing so. 

For reference, I tried getting Mahomes, but the other guy wanted my 1st round pick PLUS Lamar for him. I passed, but all this overpay vs regret it later has me rethinking & perhaps try to revisit a deal, but 1st try a player he hasn't rejected yet vs my 1st
This doesn't seem increadibly terrible if you think your pick will be late.  Maybe ask for a 2nd or something back.  It is a lot and I have no problem turning it down.

Best response I’ve read on this, tbh. 

FF managers vary wildly on their comfort level with exposure at various positions. 

I recently dealt Mahomes, and in a SF I’m going forward with Carr, Daniel Jones & Z.Wilson.

if it doesn’t work out, I’ll be in a good position to get a QB in 2023, or I’ll move aging but still talented assets to upgrade the position.

there’s also the possibility that the team with Gibson was deep at the position & possibly wasn’t heavily invested in Gibson. Now you and I know that what you pay for an asset shouldn’t determine what you command later for that same asset. But to some people, it does. 

So if that owner is of the same mindset as you & feels Herbert is “the next” QB of the future, and they have a chance to get them, I can understand an overpay.

Not something I’d do. Nor is it something I’d recommend they do. But if they did it, I can think of a rationale for doing so. 
Wow this conversation got extended big time.  I would say that this can make sense for some people and you can talk yourself in to anything if you want.  I get the argument if you are one of those people that hates to stream QBs, or believe that is the one piece you are missing.  However, all we can do here is judge a trade on its merits.  An owner's feelings don't come in to play here really.  When it comes down to it, if they are happy then great but even if they are this is a bad trade.  They lost by a ton and it isn't a good business decision but fantasy is mostly about having fun so if that makes their team more fun to them then more power to them.

barackdhouse said:

To me that trade was the worst I have seen all offseason and I see it as three 1sts for Herbert. Gibson should cost two 1sts easily. 
What I appreciate most about this is when someone has strong convictions about a player; especially when they value someone higher than you because it is an opportunity to reconsider your stance.  A converted wide... I feared there might be too much gadgetry in his game and that concern had me rank Gibson possibly lower than I should.

That being said, "two firsts easily" might be a little exaggerated, especially focusing on the last word.  So, I'm curious, what is the highest pick you would surrender for Gibson in this draft and what pick might you pair with it?

For example, some might prefer an early pick to Gibson... Would you trade the 1.5 and 1.6 or something more like a 1.7 and 1.12?

If Gibson were in this draft, there would be a big 4 instead of a big 3. Where he ranks in there is a little more subjective, but it takes 2 firsts to get up to one of those picks. All of them are at worst 2nd round dynasty startup picks. 

I would take him over Javonte for sure and Id have to think about it with ETN. But id take Harris, chase and pitts over him.

So in my mind, somewhere around the 1.04/5 range is about where he falls in terms of what singular pick would I take for Gibson.

agree with this. He’s worth a 1st. I don’t think he’s worth a second 1st. 

But then a lot of folks are higher in Gibson than I am. 
Taking the Herbert/Gibson values out of the discussion (for the record, I think it's Gibson = Herbert +2nd in this scenario!), I'm all for overpaying to get that missing piece that will make you a serious contender.

However that scenario would need to present itself around week 8+ of the season when you're in 3rd place, 1-seed in reach, but missing the playoffs in the rearview.  This type of trade should not occur in July.

agree with this. He’s worth a 1st. I don’t think he’s worth a second 1st. 

But then a lot of folks are higher in Gibson than I am. 
This is another example of a player I would gladly pay 2 firsts.  As another poster said he is going in the 2nd round of startup drafts.

ADP is not the end all be all, but it helps.  In most years you can get a single 1st round pick for players drafted in the 5th, 6th, and sometimes 7th round of startups.  Players in the 2nd and 3rd round startup should easily yield multiple firsts.

This is another example of a player I would gladly pay 2 firsts.  As another poster said he is going in the 2nd round of startup drafts.

ADP is not the end all be all, but it helps.  In most years you can get a single 1st round pick for players drafted in the 5th, 6th, and sometimes 7th round of startups.  Players in the 2nd and 3rd round startup should easily yield multiple firsts.
according to one source (fantasy pros), 1 qb startup adp for gibson vs herbert

21 overall (rb12) and 65 overall (qb6)

Seems alright to me.

I think he is worth 2 1sts but not early 1sts.  Should be like a mid 1st and a late or way future 1st.

I think he is worth 2 1sts but not early 1sts.  Should be like a mid 1st and a late or way future 1st.
yeah, I was more thinking of future 1sts like 2022 when typing since otherwise exact values would be known now for 2021 1sts.  But thinking this year I would slot him at 1.03/1.04.  So a mid and late seems right this year as well because it would take a 1.7/1.11 combo to possibly get up to that slot.

I wonder then why his ADP is depressed in redraft? 

Ah well - more for you. I wish I had a Gibson to sell you for that price. I disagree with that valuation, but I'm just 1 dude. 

Taking the Herbert/Gibson values out of the discussion (for the record, I think it's Gibson = Herbert +2nd in this scenario!), I'm all for overpaying to get that missing piece that will make you a serious contender.

However that scenario would need to present itself around week 8+ of the season when you're in 3rd place, 1-seed in reach, but missing the playoffs in the rearview.  This type of trade should not occur in July.
Now THIS I agree with 100%.

I wonder then why his ADP is depressed in redraft? 

Ah well - more for you. I wish I had a Gibson to sell you for that price. I disagree with that valuation, but I'm just 1 dude. 
I wouldn't pay 2 1sts for him personally as I'm not that high on him.  He wasn't the work horse in college and got hurt his 1st year already in the pros.  However, I think that is what his value is at.  I wouldn't sell him for less than 2 1sts or top 3-4 pick this year but I don't have any stake in him at all.  In PPR, he is ranked as a 2nd round pick in redraft....not sure that is "depressed."  Plus, he is young and showed promise.

Users who are viewing this thread