Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

6 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

And that 1st is actually kind of sweet IMO. 

Yeah, if this breaks right I really like it for you.

Higbee is a guy I think may have a very nice low-end TE1 season. But that’s IF he can come out and play to his potential. Not a lock, but a guy I'm targeting later if I miss the top 4. 

Waller is virtually a lock for top 4 TE performance, and in TE-P you can set your watch by his consistency of production.

5 hours ago, tangfoot said:

it will likely take years to recoup the value you lost by trading away Wilson.

How many years will it take to find another Waller? He is a bigger difference maker at his position than Wilson is at his. Even in SF. This is 1.5 PPR for TEs. It was an expensive deal no doubt but years to recoup? Recoup what? I gained a top3 TE and am probably holding flat for my QB2 production. I don't have that set it and forget it QB pillar for my QB2 but so what? I don't want to hold 4 TEs I want Waller +1 if I can help it. Set *that* and forget about it. Then I can maybe actually hold a legit 3rd QB in this short roster format. Anyway gaining value in FFPC is like breathing. Recouping happens so freaking fast. 

As TE2 overall last year in this format, Waller averaged 21.0 pts per game. That was a 7 PPG advantage over the TE4*, Mark Andrews. It was a 9 PPG advantage over TE12. Wilson doesn't hold that kind of positional advantage.

*It was a 3 PPG advantage over Kittle but Kittle only played 8 games, so most of the time Waller had a 7 PPG advantage over the next best at the position. 

Edited by barackdhouse

57 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

He is a bigger difference maker at his position than Wilson is at his. Even in SF. This is 1.5 PPR for TEs.

Oooooof, 1.5 PPR is barely any premium at all, and nowhere near enough for me to give up such a high end QB, unless this scoring format has completely nerfed QBs. 

I just looked up the scoring in my 1.5 TE premium league and Wilson out scored Waller by about 5 points per game. 1) I firmly believe that was Waller’s career-best season. 2) That represents about the average of what you’ll get out of Wilson for the next 5-7 years. 3) I don’t see Winston or Hill making it to the QB1 ranks in that offensive system. 

So you lose the ability to start your 3rd QB during Wilson and Murray’s bye weeks, and are hoping to score a waiver wire wonder  to solve the problem.  All for a TE who has to have a LOT of things go awry in order for him to have a season that comes close to approaching what he did last year.

This feels like the epitome of chasing last season’s performance, but I hope it works out for you. None of us -know- what will happen, but this one isn’t an outcome that I would bet on. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Oooooof, 1.5 PPR is barely any premium at all, and nowhere near enough for me to give up such a high end QB, unless this scoring format has completely nerfed QBs. 

I just looked up the scoring in my 1.5 TE premium league and Wilson out scored Waller by about 5 points per game. 1) I firmly believe that was Waller’s career-best season. 2) That represents about the average of what you’ll get out of Wilson for the next 5-7 years. 3) I don’t see Winston or Hill making it to the QB1 ranks in that offensive system. 

So you lose the ability to start your 3rd QB during Wilson and Murray’s bye weeks, and are hoping to score a waiver wire wonder  to solve the problem.  All for a TE who has to have a LOT of things go awry in order for him to have a season that comes close to approaching what he did last year.

This feels like the epitome of chasing last season’s performance, but I hope it works out for you. None of us -know- what will happen, but this one isn’t an outcome that I would bet on. 

Pretty much agree with this…will add two things…one, if Murray gets hurt the season is pretty much over, lot of risk in that…two, while Waller is a stud he will also be 29 in September so that makes me far more hesitant about this type of deal…I understand the thought process in this move (I am a big fan of having an every week stud at TE) but it feels like it is based more on looking at the upside of the deal as opposed to how much potential downside/exposure this deal has.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2021 at 2:21 PM, Gianluca said:

Was offered this and pounced. 12 team PPR

Josh Jacobs/2022 1st/2022 3rd ( very high probability of a lottery team so Rd1 should be 1-6 and RD3 should be 25-30 ) for Kareem Hunt and 1.12

______

Same owner sent me this and I accepted. Kyler is my QB so Wentz was useless to me. 

I traded Wentz/2.4/Watkins for Laviska Shenault/Jared Goff/2022 2nd ( 13-18 range )

I like both of these moves for you. The 1st one I would have smash accepted too.  The 2nd one seems pretty fair if you believe in Wentz and the pick is high enough.  I know the Shenault hype is through the roof right now but I'm not as high as some so I might have leaned the other way but it is close in the 2nd one.

35 minutes ago, Smokin Okie said:

12 Team  - PPR - Dynasty

Team A gets: CeeDee Lamb

Team B gets: Tee Higgins, Juju, 1.09, 1.12

He really wanted CeeDee I guess.

This is one of those trades that looks lopsided right now.  But in 3 or 4 years, the Lamb owner may feel pretty good about it.

...Or be trying to trade Lamb to rebuild.

Very high risk.

Edited by Blick
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Smokin Okie said:

12 Team  - PPR - Dynasty

I think Higgins or Juju should have not been included but Lamb for late 1sts and a WR that isn't even the 1 on their own teams or very crowded at the very least isn't really that bad.  It is an overpay but I feel they got someone elite and didn't give up any elite pieces.

• Like 1

I think when people get all wrapped up in CeeDee hype they forget that all of his production came out of the slot last year. I want to see what the results are when they're pressing him with man coverage on the outside before he commands Higgins, Juju, and two later firsts. I dunno about that one. I think Higgins, Juju, and one late first should be enough.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I think when people get all wrapped up in CeeDee hype they forget that all of his production came out of the slot last year. I want to see what the results are when they're pressing him with man coverage on the outside before he commands Higgins, Juju, and two later firsts. I dunno about that one. I think Higgins, Juju, and one late first should be enough.

I agree that 1 of those pieces is too much.  I'd be ok with Juju and 2 1sts or even Higgins and 2 1sts would be a bit high for my liking but can get behind it.  This was too much even though I am high on Lamb.

Gave Julio for Lockett and two future 3rds in 0.5 PPR.

Will note this is 2QB/2TE so the picks are *slightly* more valuable, but that wasn’t really the motivation. As I see it there are 4 key points that could potentially influence how you feel about this deal:

1) I have AJB and Julio is my WR3. Should that even be part of the discussion?

2) “Consistency” vs “boom/bust” and whether that even applies with Julio changing teams.

3) Situation: QB/OC, whether both players are really WR2 for their respective teams and if both offensives will really be “run-first?”

4) Age (~3.5 years is not a ton but also not negligible)

11 hours ago, Smokin Okie said:

12 Team  - PPR - Dynasty

Lamb and not close.

Higgins is a nice player, but the Bengals taking Chase says all you need to know. Juju is on the brink of roster clogger. The picks are decent and would be massive in Superflex, but this isn't SF. The pick 1.09 is what, Rashod Bateman? 1.12 is what, Rondale Moore?

Attach names to picks and ask yourself if you'd prefer Ceedee and three roster spots to Higgins, Juju, Bateman and Rondale Moore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhrankieD said:

Will note this is 2QB/2TE so the picks are *slightly* more valuable, but that wasn’t really the motivation. As I see it there are 4 key points that could potentially influence how you feel about this deal:

2) “Consistency” vs “boom/bust” and whether that even applies with Julio changing teams.

3) Situation: QB/OC, whether both players are really WR2 for their respective teams and if both offensives will really be “run-first?”

Julio

Maybe not the right place, but it is a dynasty trade and just thought it'd spice things up a bit in here.

Dynasty startup trade. Superflex PPR

Guy offered me 13.11, 14.02, and a 2022 1st (rookie pick) for my 11.12 and 12.01.

He picks right before me so he wanted 4 picks in a row. 11.11, 11.12, 12.01, and 12.02.

I got 4 picks in a row at the end of round 13/beginning of 14 now, plus a 2022 1st in the rookie draft.

I will say it's a free league, just for fun, and my two other dynasty teams are win now so I've been playing this one as more of a long term project just for the heck of it.

9 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Maybe not the right place, but it is a dynasty trade and just thought it'd spice things up a bit in here.

Dynasty startup trade. Superflex PPR

Guy offered me 13.11, 14.02, and a 2022 1st (rookie pick) for my 11.12 and 12.01.

He picks right before me so he wanted 4 picks in a row. 11.11, 11.12, 12.01, and 12.02.

I got 4 picks in a row at the end of round 13/beginning of 14 now, plus a 2022 1st in the rookie draft.

I will say it's a free league, just for fun, and my two other dynasty teams are win now so I've been playing this one as more of a long term project just for the heck of it.

snap accept.  Your language makes me believe this is an offer and not accepted trade.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

snap accept.  Your language makes me believe this is an offer and not accepted trade.

Agree. Not often you can get a future 1st when dealing picks this late in a start up.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

It was accepted, my bad for the wording. At work but wanted to get this in. I accepted, and quite quickly.

All good, just wanted you to know that was a great deal and should be accepted immediately.  Only way I don't accept that is if some players you have graded/ranked much higher have fallen to that area.

17 minutes ago, smbkrypt24 said:

All good, just wanted you to know that was a great deal and should be accepted immediately.  Only way I don't accept that is if some players you have graded/ranked much higher have fallen to that area.

Thanks! Yeah looking at the players available, and it being SF, I had 3 QBs already and they are players I could either do without, or I find comparable to players I could have taken later on. 

2 minutes ago, jmo87usc said:

14 Team Dynasty

Team A Gives:  Javonte Williams, Robert Woods

Team B Gives: Michael Thomas, Robby Anderson, 2022 2nd round pick

An interesting deal. 

i think Thomas value has dropped way too far. I’ll take undervalued Thomas, Anderson and the draft pick. 

But it feels fair on paper. Value-wise I can’t fault either side here. So it comes to personal preference & team needs. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jmo87usc said:

14 Team Dynasty

That is a very interesting deal...not to take the cop out but it all depends on two things... do you think Thomas bounces back without Brees and how do you feel about Williams...Williams is the biggest piece because how he does will ultimately decide this one...the fact it is a 14 team league influences this deal because IMO it gives Woods more value and could make the #2 a pick that is a little further down than you'd like...I am not a big Anderson fan but again, the 14 team format gives him some value...this deal is a fair one for both sides but I think I would do it for Williams and Woods because I like Williams a lot and Woods is probably the easiest piece of the deal to project.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, jmo87usc said:

14 Team Dynasty

I personally like the Williams and Woods side and by a good margin. Woods' shown nothing but constant production and Williams stock this time next year might be through the roof. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, rockaction said:

I have seen this statement before and I am not really sure why this matters.  If he is successful out of the slot putting up great numbers why would things change from this (from a Dallas perspective).  They have the personnel to leave him there where he is succeeding and giving them the advantage so why would they go away from that?  and if they don't go away from that and Lamb remains successful what is the issue? He still puts up great numbers.  

I am just not sure why this is a negative.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Boston said:

I am not a big Anderson fan

nor am I, but like you said, 14 team league, and the reunion with Darnold makes him a bit more intriguing for this season at least. He should be a favorite target, and targets can be everything for a WR like him. 

9 hours ago, PhrankieD said:

I like the Julio side here.  3rds aren't much more than dart throws and I would want no part of Lockett on my team.

50 minutes ago, BigAl21 said:

I personally like the Williams and Woods side and by a good margin. Woods' shown nothing but constant production and Williams stock this time next year might be through the roof. 

There’s potential for that side to come out way up for sure. If Thomas is somehow washed with neither of Slash II or Winston breaking out, if Williams takes over that Denver backfield & if Woods and Stafford develop chemistry, it could certainly break right for team B.

I’m not of there belief that Thomas is washed though, and at least for this season I expect a RBBC in Denver, a team who’s QB situation could limit their offensive success a bit. 

So yeah, you could be right, but I see this as pretty even based on the unknowns. This will be an interesting deal to look at next year to evaluate who won it. 

4 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

nor am I, but like you said, 14 team league, and the reunion with Darnold makes him a bit more intriguing for this season at least. He should be a favorite target, and targets can be everything for a WR like him. 

He had his best season when he got away from Darnold.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

If you really need the TE (I like Fant a lot) and are a true Aiyuk believer (I think his hype is a little high) then I could see this but I don't think I trade 1.2 for this.

Yeah, I certainly took a chance. If Aiyuk isn't a top 25 WR, then it was a gaffe. I'm comfortable with what will be there at 1.12. My team has a lot of holes currently.

1 hour ago, jmo87usc said:

14 Team Dynasty

This is very interesting and pretty fair depending on your feelings on the players.  I think I might take the shot on Thomas bouncing back at this price but Bobby Trees is a great piece to have included on the other side.  You know it is a good trade when you can end up on either side pretty easily.

52 minutes ago, Gally said:

If he is successful out of the slot putting up great numbers why would things change from this (from a Dallas perspective). 

I’d expect Gallup to play the outside in his walk year while Lamb remains in the slot. Like you, I don’t know why Dallas would fix something that ain’t broken.

I haven’t seen anything from their beat reporters to indicate they’re changing that, so I have been ranking Lamb as though nothing has changed.

I'm still not sure I’d take Lamb over Cooper in redraft, but that thought is creeping up a little for age & upside of Lamb, assuming he is in the slot. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

3 minutes ago, Ridgeback said:

Yeah, I certainly took a chance. If Aiyuk isn't a top 25 WR, then it was a gaffe. I'm comfortable with what will be there at 1.12. My team has a lot of holes currently.

If you have a target you believe in at 1.12 and you are a believer in these 2 guys (and it works out), this could be a haul.  It is a risk but I can understand it.  I think I might have really taxed for another mid pick like a 2nd or something next year but it could work out.  As a Niner fan and Fant truther, I hope it does work out for you.  Lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

He had his best season when he got away from Darnold.

Oh that’s interesting. I never owned Anderson & kind of assumed there was a connection there.

Appreciate this info, as I was kinda looking at him as a later PPR sleeper. 

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I’d expect Gallup to play the outside in his walk year while Lamb remains in the slot. Like you, I don’t know why Dallas would fix something that ain’t broken.

I haven’t seen anything from their beat reporters to indicate they’re changing that, so I have been ranking Lamb as though nothing has changed.

I'm still not sure I’d take Lamb over Cooper, but that thought is creeping up a little for age & upside of Lamb, assuming he is in the slot. 

I take Lamb over Cooper all day in dynasty.  I probably still lean Cooper over Lamb in redraft though.

48 minutes ago, Gally said:

I have seen this statement before and I am not really sure why this matters.  If he is successful out of the slot putting up great numbers why would things change from this (from a Dallas perspective).  They have the personnel to leave him there where he is succeeding and giving them the advantage so why would they go away from that?  and if they don't go away from that and Lamb remains successful what is the issue? He still puts up great numbers.  

I am just not sure why this is a negative.  

Because Gallup is a FA after this year and Cooper's out in his contract is after this year for Dallas. He might not be in three-wide sets as often as you think with really good guys to swing coverage like he has now.

That would be my thinking. Look, it's not a tremendous knock on him, but it is something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

16 minutes ago, Ridgeback said:

I’m in the “Aiyuk is a future star” camp. His crazy huge catch radius, long speed, route running - and he’s the only legit WR the Niners have. Plus a talented rookie QB in Lance who can get the ball to him & potentially grow with him for years makes Aiyuk a guy I’d love to have on a dynasty roster. 

You didn’t get him cheap, but I don’t think he’s a bust candidate either. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 2

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Oh that’s interesting. I never owned Anderson & kind of assumed there was a connection there.

Appreciate this info, as I was kinda looking at him as a later PPR sleeper. 

2020 95 1097 3

2019 52 778  5

2018 50 752 6

2017 63 941 7

2016 42 587 2

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I take Lamb over Cooper all day in dynasty.  I probably still lean Cooper over Lamb in redraft though.

Oh, yeah sorry,  in that post I meant in redraft. Corrected my post for clarity. 

I don’t think anyone would disagree that Lamb > Cooper in dynasty. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Oh, yeah sorry,  in that post I meant in redraft. 

Cooper's injury history is my only concern and he is already banged up.  I surely wouldn't call someone names for taking Lamb first in either place.  Cooper (if healthy and that is a big if) probably has a better season but Lamb is probably safer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Because Gallup is a FA after this year and Cooper's out in his contract is after this year for Dallas.

Good points for sure. Do you expect Dallas to let both Gallup & Cooper walk after this year?

I’ve looked at AC’s contract & yeah, they could save some $ by not exercising the team option, but will they?

if Cooper is healthy & performing I’d think they’d keep him on the roster. If not, they could make a play for retaining Gallup cheaper.

I have a hard time seeing both those dudes gone next year but it’s certainly possible. 

3 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Cooper's injury history is my only concern and he is already banged up.  I surely wouldn't call someone names for taking Lamb first in either place.  Cooper (if healthy and that is a big if) probably has a better season but Lamb is probably safer.

That would be my concern as well. The one year I had AC he was a monster & stayed on the field, but he had some bumps & bruises that season as well. 

IIRC every other year he’d missed time with injury, and as you said, he’s already banged up (though reportedly his recovery is on schedule) 

Good points for sure. Do you expect Dallas to let both Gallup & Cooper walk after this year?

No, I don't. I expect them to retain one and shift Lamb outside or at least deploy him as the number one guy. We'll have to see how he adjusts. He runs a 4.5, so it's not like he's slow or anything, but he's not a, um, burner (CeeDee pun there). Gallup has been great, according to Matt Harmon of Reception Perception, at running deeper routes and drawing coverage away from the slot. That's one thing to look for. You might have a bit of an Antonio Brown/Juju situation, though Gallup is nowhere near as good or drawing double coverages as much as Brown was. Just same concept.

• Thanks 1

Just now, FreeBaGeL said:

SF FFPC

Gave: Darrell Henderson

Got: 2022 1st round pick (early/mid)

That didn't take long, did it?

Holy smoke. The vultures are circling, aren't they?

• Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

SF FFPC

Gave: Darrell Henderson

Got: 2022 1st round pick 

wait - I missed the Cam Akers news.

yikes! 

Good value for Henderson, but also a nice pull for the new Henderson owner. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

That would be my concern as well. The one year I had AC he was a monster & stayed on the field, but he had some bumps & bruises that season as well. 

IIRC every other year he’d missed time with injury, and as you said, he’s already banged up (though reportedly his recovery is on schedule) 

He's only had 2 seasons out of 8 in the NFL where he's missed significant time. He's played 16 games in 4 seasons (should be 5 but he was traded in the middle of the 2018 season so only played 15 games).

His injury history is really no worse than most NFL WRs.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

He's only had 2 seasons out of 8 in the NFL where he's missed significant time. He's played 16 games in 4 seasons (should be 5 but he was traded in the middle of the 2018 season so only played 15 games).

His injury history is really no worse than most NFL WRs.

I had him in 2019, and he was a delight to own. 

I’m betting folks who had him in 2017-2018 have less fond memories of him. 

but you’re correct - he wasn’t Fred Taylor. He was productive & healthy in ‘15 & ‘16 too. And last year’s drop-off was obviously due to a QB downgrade. 

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****