Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

7 hours ago, osiriskid said:

12 Team SF (not involved)

Team A: Gets Daniel Jones and a 22 4th.

Team B: Gets Akers and 23 3rd.

Jones pretty easily. History is unfortunately not on the side of Akers with that injury. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blick said:

12 team PPR (Not Involved)

Henderson/Akers for Javonte Williams

Not sure how I feel about that one.  I think I'd rather have the Williams side.  Especially considering the wasted roster spot.

I'd rather have Williams here but McVay's offense is no joke and we have no idea what Williams will be (he wasn't even the man by himself in NC).  I don't have a problem with this trade either way but I agree with you.  Akers truthers could talk themselves in to this.

39 minutes ago, Blick said:

Not sure how I feel about that one.  I think I'd rather have the Williams side.  Especially considering the wasted roster spot.

Williams...with Akers' injury I just don't trust what Mcvay is going to do with this position both this year and future years so cashing out for Williams is an excellent move IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blick said:

I’d take the Williams side. 

It’s a good example of making an Akers trade pay off by including the handcuff guy - there’s substantial mystery on how things shake out in LA this year & beyond, while I think Williams is a pretty safe bet in Denver. 

Shrewd move by the Akers side to package it like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

FFPC 1QB

I gave Akers, 2022 2nd
I got 2022 1st

Might not be a huge gap because my 2nd is probably going to be high now. Other team looks decent.

I like any 1st round pick for Akers right now. Solid deal, good job. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smbkrypt24 said:

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE, kicker, defense.

Traded:

2022 1st, Marlon Mack, M. Crosby

for

D. Henderson, J. Tucker. 2022 3rd

Good deal for you, since Mack is as likely as Akers to be a paperweight as Akers right now, except Mack has Taylor on his team ahead of him on the depth chart regardless of his recovery

This is a bird in the hand. You'll get 2021 value out of Henderson, and possible that he's the man in 2022 as well. 

The kickers are kickers and zero each other out to me. 

Basically I see this as 2022 1.xx for Henderson, which seems like a fair deal. 

3 hours ago, smbkrypt24 said:

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 1-3 WR, 1 TE, kicker, defense.

Traded:

2022 1st, Marlon Mack, M. Crosby

for

D. Henderson, J. Tucker. 2022 3rd

I like getting a #1 for Henderson...if you are looking to win now Henderson may do that but I do believe the Rams will add another RB and if it is someone solid that could really hurt his value...I would rather take the #1 for him right now as I believe you can flip that for another player at least equal to Henderson but possibly more.

Edited by Boston
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Blick said:

No IR slot? Agreed if it actually result in a wasted roster slot. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gianluca said:

12 team PPR 1QB 

Team A gets 1.6/Donovan Peoples-Jones

Team B gets 1.8/D.J. Chark

Chark's worth the 2.01 or 1.12 so that's a pretty nice get for the 1.8. You still get Bateman in that scenario. Unless you really want Sermon at 1.6, because I'm not seeing the move up for Waddle or Smith.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess I’m in the minority here given the tone of the past few posts on this page but I’m buying Akers for a 2nd all day. The arguments have all been hashed out. I’m on the side of we just haven’t seen enough Achilles tears to young, talented backs to really know if it’s a death knell. I’ll take the gamble at that price that it isn’t here.

4 hours ago, Gianluca said:

12 team PPR 1QB 

Team A gets 1.6/Donovan Peoples-Jones

Team B gets 1.8/D.J. Chark

I like the 1.08/chark side. 

It might not be this year, but the talent is there for Chark. 

I’m not sure what DPJ brings to the table but moving down 2 spots to upgrade to Chark is the right move here, IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

I guess I’m in the minority here given the tone of the past few posts on this page but I’m buying Akers for a 2nd all day. The arguments have all been hashed out. I’m on the side of we just haven’t seen enough Achilles tears to young, talented backs to really know if it’s a death knell. I’ll take the gamble at that price that it isn’t here.

I’m probably buying for a 2nd too. 

Except I offered it to the Akers owner and they said they were gonna wait I see.

So while I’m buying for a 2nd, they’re not selling for a 2nd, making this kinda moot for me, but I agree with you.

I would not pay a 1st for him. But it’s worth the gamble. He could make a comeback.

What I see as a possible issue down the road is he gets Wally Pipp’d. Say Henderson takes the reins & never looks back. Or if they bring in a veteran back. Or draft one in 2023 where there are likely to be some good options. 

There is a scenario where Akers simply loses his job, even if he recovers.  

Adds some risk to this. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I’m probably buying for a 2nd too. 

Except I offered it to the Akers owner and they said they were gonna wait I see.

So while I’m buying for a 2nd, they’re not selling for a 2nd, making this kinda moot for me, but I agree with you.

I would not pay a 1st for him. But it’s worth the gamble. He could make a comeback.

What I see as a possible issue down the road is he gets Wally Pipp’d. Say Henderson takes the reins & never looks back. Or if they bring in a veteran back. Or draft one in 2023 where there are likely to be some good options. 

There is a scenario where Akers simply loses his job, even if he recovers.  

Adds some risk to this. 

I don’t think there’s much out there in the veteran back department that would threaten a recovered Akers in 2022. And if Henderson blows up they’d likely split next year and then I don’t know if they’d be able to pay Henderson starting back $$$ after that while Akers is there recovered. To me, a recovered Akers is a top 20 back at minimum for a few years with a ceiling to be much higher. Can he recover, who knows. But as of now I’m valuing him around a late 1. 

• Like 1

16 team por.

Give: Carr, Boyd, 2.01, James White

Get: Antonio Gibson, Chris Conley, Kerryon.

Love this. This guy’s qbs were Dalton and Trubisky so I tossed out Carr and a couple other decent pieces for Gibson. Qbs are hard to come by in a 16 teamer but I’d rather play all year with Ryan Leaf at Qb than part with Gibson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Cobbler1 said:

16 team por.

Love this. This guy’s qbs were Dalton and Trubisky so I tossed out Carr and a couple other decent pieces for Gibson. Qbs are hard to come by in a 16 teamer but I’d rather play all year with Ryan Leaf at Qb than part with Gibson.

Solid deal for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cobbler1 said:

16 team por.

Stole Gibson

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cobbler1 said:

Depending on format, roster spots..........anyone out there trading for Akers to hold for the year and move in the offseason?

I am doing this, and if I cant get what I think is good value considering what I gave up and the use of an IR spot, I will just ride it out and see if he rebounds.  

1 minute ago, ghostguy123 said:

Depending on format, roster spots..........anyone out there trading for Akers to hold for the year and move in the offseason?

I am doing this, and if I cant get what I think is good value considering what I gave up and the use of an IR spot, I will just ride it out and see if he rebounds.  

I mean. If you can get him for a future 2nd, and have an IR spot, it’s probably worth the gamble.

Worst case scenario, you threw away a 2ns round pick. Something everyone here has probably done on a bust player before, so…maybe close to even odds that you blow it on Akers as you would have on that 2nd rounder. 🤷🏼‍♂️

That said, 2nd round picks can also be used in trades to get RBs who haven’t torn their Achilles.

lots of ways to look at it. But if he comes back from this, that’s a decent return on your investment. 

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I mean. If you can get him for a future 2nd, and have an IR spot, it’s probably worth the gamble.

Worst case scenario, you threw away a 2ns round pick. Something everyone here has probably done on a bust player before, so…maybe close to even odds that you blow it on Akers as you would have on that 2nd rounder. 🤷🏼‍♂️

That said, 2nd round picks can also be used in trades to get RBs who haven’t torn their Achilles.

lots of ways to look at it. But if he comes back from this, that’s a decent return on your investment. 

The question is, what is Akers market value a year from now if he is no longer limited and appears on track to start the year healthy?

4 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

The question is, what is Akers market value a year from now if he is no longer limited and appears on track to start the year healthy?

Hard to say. If Henderson takes hold of the gig & tears up the league, probably not great.

if Henderson misses time to injuries & is just ok, probably much better. 

All assuming he comes back something resembling 100%, of course. 

5 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

FFPC, not involved

Gave Harris, Najee

Got Barkley, Saquon

Stole Barkley. 

That dude should have a guilty conscience. I like Harris, but that’s a serious buy low. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Stole Barkley. 

That dude should have a guilty conscience. I like Harris, but that’s a serious buy low. 

Ha. Guy offered it to me out of nowhere. I'm nervous he knows something I don't know, but I still had to click accept.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Ha. Guy offered it to me out of nowhere. I'm nervous he knows something I don't know, but I still had to click accept.

Probably skittish about the reports he’s gonna start limited & ramp up. 

But that’s like literally every player who’s ever recovered from anything. 

IMO Barkley has a legit shot at being the #1 overall fantasy player from week 3 ~~>

You shouldn’t be able to sleep tonight. Shame on you. :lol: 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cobbler1 said:

My thing is that even if Akers does recover to a level that is clearly capable of being a starter, it may be too late because although the Rams will give him every opportunity to succeed in his rehab, and although they're going to say the right things about it, they know the same information we all do about the relative lack of success in coming back from achilles tears. 

They're going to go with Henderson and/or other vets and 2022 rookies/FAs. They are crazy not to. Akers will get a chance again but he will not only be climbing the injury recovery hill, he will also be competing with others above him on the depth chart. 

I am out on him but truly hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Very leery about Saquons inj, but I'm on the Saquon side here.

These days it’s far more rare for a player to not come back from knee surgery than not. The only players I can recall in recent memory who didn’t come back 100% were older guys.

Barkley is such a special player & NYG seems like they could be an offense on the rise. I’d be pretty psyched to be on that side of the deal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

They're going to go with Henderson and/or other vets and 2022 rookies/FAs. They are crazy not to. Akers will get a chance again but he will not only be climbing the injury recovery hill, he will also be competing with others above him on the depth chart. 

yeah, that’s about where I’m at on him. 

But there’s a price where I’d pay it to take the chance. Just not one that Akers owners would likely be happy with. 

19 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

My thing is that even if Akers does recover to a level that is clearly capable of being a starter, it may be too late because although the Rams will give him every opportunity to succeed in his rehab, and although they're going to say the right things about it, they know the same information we all do about the relative lack of success in coming back from achilles tears. 

I am out on him but truly hope I'm wrong. 

There aren’t any vets out there right now that would matter long term to a healthy Akers. I doubt they’d throw multiple year starter money at any vet next offseason either unless it’s clear Henderson isn’t any good and Akers isn’t recovering. I really don’t see anyone but Henderson having a shot at being above him on the depth chart come May of 2022. 

15 hours ago, Cobbler1 said:

That’s a fair way to look at it - let’s not pretend all second round picks pan out anyway.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I tried to get him for a 3rd & was told a 2nd might do it, but even then he'd likely rather hold. My 2022 2nd will likely be late, but I still declined to offer it to him. Maybe I'm nuts.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Helaire-ious said:

I tried to get him for a 3rd & was told a 2nd might do it, but even then he'd likely rather hold. My 2022 2nd will likely be late, but I still declined to offer it to him. Maybe I'm nuts.

Yeah, it’s definitely a tweener situation.

unless you’re confident that Akers will come back 100% AND get his job back it’s not worth offering more than that.

and unless the Akers owner just wants to cut bait, confident that Akers won’t come back 100% or get his job back, then at some point the offer’s low enough that it’s worth the risk to wait & see.

The best chance to get him low seems to be making him part of a larger deal, or working out a Henderson/Akers package if you’re the Akers owner and have Henderson (as in the deal above). 

Tricky situation. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Hard to say. If Henderson takes hold of the gig & tears up the league, probably not great.

Well, that's why I said a year from NOW.  We wont know how healthy and strong he really is until he plays in games.

21 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Well, that's why I said a year from NOW.  We wont know how healthy and strong he really is until he plays in games.

Of course. And as I, and others have said, there’s no guarantee he’ll have a full time feature back roll if he comes back. 

There’s a lot of risk on both sides, so anything like a 2nd is probably fair. 

18 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

yeah, that’s about where I’m at on him. 

But there’s a price where I’d pay it to take the chance. Just not one that Akers owners would likely be happy with. 

Akers owners are upset enough right now that they would probably consider most offers insulting, not really grasping the reality of the situation.  I don’t want to be that guy messing with an Akers owner’s fragile mentality right now.  A smart Akers owner wouldn’t take a 2nd rd pick this early after the injury.  

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Akers owners are upset enough right now that they would probably consider most offers insulting, not really grasping the reality of the situation.  I don’t want to be that guy messing with an Akers owner’s fragile mentality right now.  A smart Akers owner wouldn’t take a 2nd rd pick this early after the injury.  

Yep - I said exactly that above. I hate to be a vulture. 

if one approached me for a RB & offered a pick + Akers or something I’d entertain it, but I don’t wanna be adding insult to injury or salting the wound. 

12 team PPR Superflex

Team A gave Akers, Cam LAR RB
Team B gave Year 2022 Round 1 Draft Pick

This league just did a startup draft that completed a few weeks ago. I had Team B pegged as likely to finish in the bottom 2-4 teams in the league, so that pick seems likely to end up top 4.

That's a great value for Team A IMO. Team B offered me the same deal, and I responded that it wasn't even a consideration for me, even though I expect to finish in the top few teams in the league this season, meaning my pick would have been at/near the end of the first.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:20 PM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

A year from now, we won't know if he is going to come back at "something resembling 100%". In fact, we will be months from truly knowing. We wouldn't know until he has played in some number of real NFL games, which means well into the 2022 season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Just Win Baby said:

A year from now, we won't know if he is going to come back at "something resembling 100%". In fact, we will be months from truly knowing. We wouldn't know until he has played in some number of real NFL games, which means well into the 2022 season.

Don’t disagree. But we’ll know if he’s medically cleared and practicing. 

2 hours ago, Just Win Baby said:

12 team PPR Superflex

Team A gave Akers, Cam LAR RB
Team B gave Year 2022 Round 1 Draft Pick

This league just did a startup draft that completed a few weeks ago. I had Team B pegged as likely to finish in the bottom 2-4 teams in the league, so that pick seems likely to end up top 4.

That's a great value for Team A IMO. Team B offered me the same deal, and I responded that it wasn't even a consideration for me, even though I expect to finish in the top few teams in the league this season, meaning my pick would have been at/near the end of the first.

Definitely a #1...you not only get out of having to deal with Akers and his achilles but you are getting back a very legit asset...this is a real bad use of a first round pick, way too much room for error to give away that pick.

• Like 2

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****