Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

4 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Had our rookie draft this weekend (I know late) and had some moves.  12 team, .5 PPR, and 1 QB.

Sam Darnold

for

Henry Ruggs

6.2 (Simi Fehoko)

Good buy-low on Ruggs. 

Maybe. lol

2 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Had our rookie draft this weekend (I know late) and had some moves.  12 team, .5 PPR, and 1 QB.

James Robinson

for

1.9 (Rondale Moore)

3.6 (Kellen Mond)

Tough one. I’m of the belief that Robinson still has a viable role. His ceiling is severely capped, but he’s likely flex-worthy. 

Moore is probably behind Hopkins, Green, Kirk for at least this year. Next year who knows. 

hmm…gimme the Robinson side.

4 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

1.4 (Javonte Williams

Tevin Coleman

for

Josh Jacobs

2023 1st (most likely top half of the round)

It’s a fair deal. Not sure which side imd want. Coleman doesn’t really change the eval for me. 

I’d probably take Jacobs and the ‘23 1st. 

3 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Tough one. I’m of the belief that Robinson still has a viable role. His ceiling is severely capped, but he’s likely flex-worthy. 

Moore is probably behind Hopkins, Green, Kirk for at least this year. Next year who knows. 

hmm…gimme the Robinson side.

I agree.  I am on the J-Rob side but get the argument.  This guy is a huge Moore believer and plans on leaving him on Taxi all year.  He has some decent RBs in CMC, Carson, and Hunt too but not sure I make that trade.

6 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Michael Thomas

for

Michael Gallup (Cowboys fan)

2022 2nd

2023 2nd

Gallup side. If Cooper is gone after this year, and they find a way to lock up Gallup, he’s gonna deliver solid value. 

Thomas is probably a paperweight this year & I don’t have a ton of confidence in Hill / Winston to know what that offense will be like down the road. 

Gallup is 25, Thomas 28?  Yeah. 

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

It’s a fair deal. Not sure which side imd want. Coleman doesn’t really change the eval for me. 

I’d probably take Jacobs and the ‘23 1st. 

I feel like Jacobs and the 1st by a decent amount for me.  I really like Williams but feel like this has the stink of rookie bias due to this time of year.  Could end up being way in Williams favor in the near future but seems like an overpay to me and I agree that Coleman means nothing to me.

• Like 1

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Gallup side. If Cooper is gone after this year, and they find a way to lock up Gallup, he’s gonna deliver solid value. 

Thomas is probably a paperweight this year & I don’t have a ton of confidence in Hill / Winston to know what that offense will be like down the road. 

Gallup is 25, Thomas 28?  Yeah. 

I believe you are right on those ages yes.  I just felt like one of those 2nds should have been a 1st personally but Thomas could have another year of nothingness.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I believe you are right on those ages yes.  I just felt like one of those 2nds should have been a 1st personally but Thomas could have another year of nothingness.

I think 2021 could be something of a lost season for Thomas. If it’s worst case scenario he’s back in October/November?

And it’s not all on Thomas. What if the Saints are a .500 team or worse with Hill/Winston not really working out? Does he rush back or take his time to really rehab after already having 1 setback? 

Also there’s risk of re-injury after he comes back. 1/2 his games are on turf, too. 

Ok, now you’ve got a 29 y/o Thomas returning “healthy” in 2022 with a Saints offense that’s kind of a mystery. 

2 seconds + Gallup seems fair given the injury/age. A healthy Thomas should get a 1st even at 28, sure, but his injury situation changes everything, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I think 2021 could be something of a lost season for Thomas. If it’s worst case scenario he’s back in October/November?

And it’s not all on Thomas. What if the Saints are a .500 team or worse with Hill/Winston not really working out? Does he rush back or take his time to really rehab after already having 1 setback? 

Also there’s risk of re-injury after he comes back. 1/2 his games are on turf, too. 

Ok, now you’ve got a 29 y/o Thomas returning “healthy” in 2022 with a Saints offense that’s kind of a mystery. 

2 seconds + Gallup seems fair given the injury/age. A healthy Thomas should get a 1st even at 28, sure, but his injury situation changes everything, IMO. 

I guess I don't value 2nds extremely high personally because of the high bust potential and Gallup is unknown too.  No guarantees he is ever more than he is.  I do think he gets a shot next year somewhere to be a top 2 WR on a team though.

10 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I guess I don't value 2nds extremely high personally because of the high bust potential and Gallup is unknown too.  No guarantees he is ever more than he is.  I do think he gets a shot next year somewhere to be a top 2 WR on a team though.

I think it’ll be Dallas if they let Cooper walk. They could sign Gallup for far less as the WR2 with Lamb ascending to WR1. 

If I were involved in this trade I’d see it as a safer bet than an aging, hurt Thomas delivering WR1 numbers for my team.

So it’s a perspective thing. 

16 team IDP keeper. partial PPR Keep 6 Off 8 Def

4.01 and Sony Michel

get

Myles Gaskin and 9.15

He wasn't protecting Gaskin and I needed to shore up the position pre-draft

Edited by eric rymer

12 minutes ago, eric rymer said:

16 team IDP keeper. partial PPR Keep 6 Off 8 Def

4.01 and Sony Michel

get

Myles Gaskin and 9.15

He wasn't protecting Gaskin and I needed to shore up the position pre-draft

Gaskin side & well done. 

• Thanks 1

I won the title last season in this league. Got an offer and pressed accept in about 1 minute of pondering. Win again mode.

I traded:

Cam Akers

Tee Higgins

KJ Hamler

2022 1st round rookie pick

Got back:

Chris Carson

Odell Beckham

JuJu Smith Shuster

Damien Williams (I own David Montgomery so why not take a flier on a potential handcuff)

Edited by Todem

1 minute ago, Todem said:

I won the title last season in this league. Got an offer and pressed accept in about 1 minute of pondering. Win again mode.

I traded:

Cam Akers

Tee Higgins

KJ Hamler

Got back:

Chris Carson

Odell Beckham

JuJu Smith Shuster

Damien Williams (I own David Montgomery so why not take a flier on a potential handcuff)

I like your side of the deal better of course, I just wish you coulda done it without giving up the 1st. Still, good package to unload Akers, even if you’re getting back some aging assets.

That said, I’m higher on Carson than many, and JuJu as well. I have Damian Williams rostered for the exact same reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Todem said:

I traded:

Cam Akers

Tee Higgins

KJ Hamler

Got back:

Chris Carson

Odell Beckham

JuJu Smith Shuster

I like Carson a lot and if one of OBJ/Juju can get back to playing up to their talent then this was a good move.  Higgins value took a hit when they took Chase instead of Sewell, Akers may never be right as a RB never comes back from that injury, and Hamler is just meh.  The 1st could hurt but I'd have made this deal to defend my title in a heartbeat.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I like Carson a lot and if one of OBJ/Juju can get back to playing up to their talent then this was a good move.  Higgins value took a hit when they took Chase instead of Sewell, Akers may never be right as a RB never comes back from that injury, and Hamler is just meh.  The 1st could hurt but I'd have made this deal to defend my title in a heartbeat.

I don’t think Higgins value took a hit at all. It sounds more like Chase isn’t going to be the clear number one receiver that his owners drafted him thinking he was going to be.

I agree with the rest… Plus people forget how young JUJU actually IS. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Safe bet anyone rostering Sony has a need. 

Very fair. I just added him during the offseason as a lottery ticket /trade fodder type player in the event he was moved to another team. 

29 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I don’t think Higgins value took a hit at all. It sounds more like Chase isn’t going to be the clear number one receiver that his owners drafted him thinking he was going to be.

I agree with the rest… Plus people forget how young JUJU actually IS. 

I agree Higgins isn't shot or nothing but I think anyone is a little nuts if they think that adding Chase isn't going to cut in a little.  Higgins could have taken a huge leap forward this year if it was just him and Boyd.  Not necessarily a hit from last year's value but what he could have been is more what I was meaning.

Very true on Juju too.  Curious where he goes after this year.  Was surprised to see him go back on a 1 year deal.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Benjo said:

This is a smash almost any way you slice it.

Seems very even to me, so not getting the "smash almost any way you slice it" statement. Jamin landing spot certainly added big value to him but I prefer Diontae to Deebo easily. fair deal  just depends on player preference.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BigAl21 said:

Seems very even to me, so not getting the "smash almost any way you slice it" statement. Jamin landing spot certainly added big value to him but I prefer Diontae to Deebo easily. fair deal  just depends on player preference.

Diontae to Deebo is a lot closer than Jamin to Morrow.  That's why it was an easy accept.  

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 11:06 AM, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Sam Darnold

for

Henry Ruggs

6.2 (Simi Fehoko)

I love taking guys in the middle of the first round of rookie drafts and then trading them the next offseason for terrible QBs in 1QB leagues. It's really helped fill up my trophy case.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I love taking guys in the middle of the first round of rookie drafts and then trading them the next offseason for terrible QBs in 1QB leagues. It's really helped fill up my trophy case.

Right.  I am not terribly high on Ruggs but for that price I couldn't not take the chance.  He did fall to the mid-2nd last year in our league but your point is still very valid.

49 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

1 QB 12 Team PPR Dynasty

Team A got TE George Kittle

Team B got a 2022 first round pick, a 2024 first round pick.

Team A is competing, Team B is not.

I like getting multiple 1sts but this feels light to me for Kittle when those picks will be late.  I traded Kittle and a 2022 2nd (projected very late) this year before our draft for 1.8, a 2023 1st that is projected in the top half of the round, 2022 4th, Irv Smith, and Allen Robinson.

54 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

1 QB 12 Team PPR Dynasty

I like this for Team B, I'm of the opinion that Kittle won't be worth a pair of 1sts next summer.

Edited by tangfoot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I like getting multiple 1sts but this feels light to me for Kittle when those picks will be late.  I traded Kittle and a 2022 2nd (projected very late) this year before our draft for 1.8, a 2023 1st that is projected in the top half of the round, 2022 4th, Irv Smith, and Allen Robinson.

Whoever gave you that for kittle is an idiot.

• Like 2

10 team 0.5 ppr - transitioning to superflex after next season 

DJ Moore and a late 2023 3rd 

for 

Courtland Sutton and a very early 2022 2nd

Deebo Samuel 

for 

Robby Anderson and a mid 2022 3rd

Edited by dewaser

16 minutes ago, dewaser said:

10 team 0.5 ppr - transitioning to superflex after next season 

DJ Moore and a late 2023 3rd 

for 

Courtland Sutton and a very early 2022 2nd

Deebo Samuel 

for 

Robby Anderson and a mid 2022 3rd

Both seem like a wash.  

14 team SF PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, SF, K, Def)

Another team in my league made a couple of cascading trades to address his QB position (Only had Tannehill as a starter)

Trade 1: Traded OBJ, Gallman, 2022 2nd for Roethlisberger, J. Reynolds

Trade 2: Traded Roethlisberger, J. Taylor, Gronk for Tagovailoa, Jeudy, C. Evans, 2022 2nd

49 minutes ago, zaner75 said:

Another team in my league made a couple of cascading trades to address his QB position (Only had Tannehill as a starter)

Trade 2: Traded Roethlisberger, J. Taylor, Gronk for Tagovailoa, Jeudy, C. Evans, 2022 2nd

I don't like the 2nd deal at all.  The first deal is fine but I probably don't do it

Edited by Gally

9 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

1 QB 12 Team PPR Dynasty

Kittle side and it's not close for me. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, zaner75 said:

I don't love either of these deals much, but the 2nd is not awesome. Tua looked lost and this deal really hinges on whether he's a legit stud or not. Giving up Taylor just seems unnecessary at that point. Better to make the 1st deal, then figure out a QB next year.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

That one could really backfire - and I like Henderson more than most.

That's the way I saw it as well.  All the risk seems to be on Golladay/Henderson side.  If Henderson runs with the job and gets 2-3 years of RB2 value, I think this leans to his side.

• Like 1

16 team keeper, Partial PPR. 

Team A gave up Fant, Noah DEN TE; Year 2021 Draft Pick 5.16

Team B gave up Parham, Donald LAC TE; Year 2021 Draft Pick 3.05

Team A had too many keepers and had a spot to clear out pre-draft. 

On 7/27/2021 at 2:30 PM, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Right.  I am not terribly high on Ruggs but for that price I couldn't not take the chance.  He did fall to the mid-2nd last year in our league but your point is still very valid.

I call this the reverse-sunk cost principle and target these kinds of guys frequently.  If an owner fails to recognize sunk costs they probably also fail to recognize inherent value.  The guy trading Ruggs here probably thought "hey, it's a 2nd rounder, that's not bad for a young QB like Darnold".  So not only is he wrong about the value he's paying, he's also wrong about the value of the currency he's using.  Kind of like paying $100 for a $90 bike - but paying in Canadian dollars too.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2021 at 2:02 PM, Gianluca said:

12 team PPR 1QB 

Team A gets 1.6/Donovan Peoples-Jones

Team B gets 1.8/D.J. Chark

Unless this trade was done with 1.06 OTC and I saw the board, I'd take the move-back for sure.  Pre-draft you still have a good  chance for the board to fall the way you like it and get your guy at 1.08 and if you get impatient you can probably move up to 1.05 for less.

I value Chark in non-IDP PPR at the 1.08 himself so this is getting the 1.08 and 1.09 for 1.06.  DPJ doesn't move the dial here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blick said:

12 team PPR. 

Lamb for Golladay/Henderson 

Easily Lamb...that is a real bad return for one of the hottest Dynasty commodities there is right now...really not seeing the thinking behind this one...bad trade! 

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****