Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

 

On the contrary - all reporting suggests that the shine should be fading on Chase & that it's looking like a 1A/1B situation, where Chase was drafted by many with the thought that he would be the clear WR1. Higgin's role is unlikely to change, but it might cap his upside a little. 

As for Pittman, yeah obviously. But it is a 2023 1st, not 2022. And I made that deal 3-4 weeks ago, so apparently my magic 8-ball was on the fritz. I definitely should have known that a foot injury Wentz was nursing since high school would finally give out on him, requiring surgery. 

c'mon, son. :doh: 

Oh, I don't blame you.  I was just giving my take on Pittman.  I think it was a good move.  I still don't think Higgins has near the top end upside.  Especially in the future.  I don't hate on him at all, just liked what I saw last year and was much higher on him prior to the draft and wanted them to take Sewell.

I will also say that I expect Higgins to be about as good as he was last year which is pretty decent.  I don't think he has much less value at all.  Just not as much value as I had him prior to the Chase selection.  That team is going to chuck it so there will be balls to go around.

Edited by Jonesin For Some Football
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, iamkoza said:

10 tm 2qb, 2te

team A got: dobbins, pittman, tyrod taylor, heinecke, hurst

team b got: z wilson, jarwin

This would be a more reasonable trade if it was a 16-team league

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

This would be a more reasonable trade if it was a 16-team league

And if they started 3 QBs. 

And if QB's who's name started with Z got 7 point TDs instead of 6. 

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

And if they started 3 QBs. 

And if QB's who's name started with Z got 7 point TDs instead of 6. 

Wilson is easily worth a pair of 1st round picks in a 16-team 2QB league.  Dobbins/Pittman is perfectly fair, those other three guys are really just wastes of roster space anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

37 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I will also say that I expect Higgins to be about as good as he was last year which is pretty decent.  I don't think he has much less value at all.  Just not as much value as I had him prior to the Chase selection.  That team is going to chuck it so there will be balls to go around.

I agree. And I think he'll be at least as good as last season, and likely quite a bit better if Burrow stays healthy all season. While he was excellent his 1st year, I see that as Higgins' floor, even with the presence of Chase. 

And if Chase is the "'WR1" on paper, that should mean that Higgins draws weaker coverage. Even better for Higgins. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tangfoot said:

Wilson is easily worth a pair of 1st round picks in a 16-team 2QB league.  Dobbins/Pittman is perfectly fair, those other three guys are really just wastes of roster space anyway.

Yeah, that's probably true. I've never played that format, so I don't really know enough to fairly judge that deal for a 16 tea, league. 

I just think it's pretty bad for the Wilson owner in a 12-team, even SF. And I am high on Wilson. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Yeah, that's probably true. I've never played that format, so I don't really know enough to fairly judge that deal for a 16 tea, league. 

I just think it's pretty bad for the Wilson owner in a 12-team, even SF. And I am high on Wilson. 

Yep, and even worse in 10-team.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm way off, but I think you need to know the guy's situation before judging him in a 2QB league. I don't think those leagues lend themselves to vacuum criticizing like we have to do here. 

He could be fading Dobbins heavily and Pittman currently has Eason throwing to him. In addition, the dude traded Tyrod Taylor, who might have been his second QB if people are hoarding, and then you've got the inklings of reasons to do the deal. 

That's my two cents on the matter.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In case people missed it with the back-and-forth between HSG and smbkrypt24, here's a trade. 

Team A Gets: Ronald Jones 

Team B Gets: Chase Edmonds, 2022 mid-3rd or so

Edited by woodstock
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, woodstock said:

In case people missed it with the back-and-forth between HSG and strympker24, here's a trade. 

Team A Gets: Ronald Jones 

Team B Gets: Chase Edmonds, 2022 mid-3rd or so


I think I’d roll the dice with Edmonds, but not sure this is an impactful trade either way.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I think I’d roll the dice with Edmonds, but not sure this is an impactful trade either way.


Yeah, Team A (me) was thinking of how good Jones looked last year running the ball and compared him to Edmonds, who really hasn't ever besides the Giants game back two years ago in the driving rain against a hapless defense. He was also thinking about Chase Edmonds sounding weird all off-season about his role and wondering if even he thinks he's up for the role. I read little bits from his interviews, coach staying mum, all that, as not a good sign for Edmonds. 

But that's not why I did it. Certainly wouldn't base it off of that. I did it because Jones is two years younger, is a free agent after this year, and runs well enough to be named to Doug Farrar's top ten backs in the league, even if he came it at number eleven on the list (Farrar must be doing a Spinal Tap version of his list of ten backs - but this one goes to eleven!). I liked how he ran and remember him breaking off tough runs for plenty of yardage. 

This is half PPR, so that's also a concern. Pass catching is not Jones's strength, and he graded out at 27% (yes, 27%) in PFF's passing grade. Perhaps I was a little hasty with this deal, but I wanted Jones over Edmonds as I like to bet on talent, too, though situation is certainly a concern in dynasty at RB. Just is. Has to be factored in. They have such short shelf lives. 

So that's that. That was the deal. I don't have many backs, so it does impact a lot, though. 

Edited by woodstock
Doug Farrar, not Bill Barnwell
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, woodstock said:

In case people missed it with the back-and-forth between HSG and smbkrypt24, here's a trade. 

Team A Gets: Ronald Jones 

Team B Gets: Chase Edmonds, 2022 mid-3rd or so

Fair deal. I have both players on my roster & while I value RoJo higher for long-term (at some point I believe he will have that backfield to himself, or as an early down back with a 3rd down guy in tow) I think Chase has the higher weekly floor for 2021. 

The 3rd rounder isn't great - I'd think Chase + a 2nd would be better, but it's decent value. 

Depends where my team is at. For 2021 I consider Chase a Flex back/ RB3 roster type & RoJo to be a weekly dart throw with RB2 upside, but Flex (or worse) value as his floor. 

So if the team getting RoJo has a long-term view in mind, it's a nice acquisition. If team getting RoJo is in win-now, probably better to keep Chase & hope he finally has the workload to become a dependable RB2/Flex.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Fair deal. I have both players on my roster & while I value RoJo higher for long-term (at some point I believe he will have that backfield to himself, or as an early down back with a 3rd down guy in tow) I think Chase has the higher weekly floor for 2021. 

The 3rd rounder isn't great - I'd think Chase + a 2nd would be better, but it's decent value. 

Depends where my team is at. For 2021 I consider Chase a Flex back/ RB3 roster type & RoJo to be a weekly dart throw with RB2 upside, but Flex (or worse) value as his floor. 

So if the team getting RoJo has a long-term view in mind, it's a nice acquisition. If team getting RoJo is in win-now, probably better to keep Chase & hope he finally has the workload to become a dependable RB2/Flex.


Team A getting Rojo is at least a year away, which is why he did the deal. That would be me, too. I’m Team A. It’s a deal with the future in mind. The 3rd was thrown in for no-haggle purposes, and the trade wasn’t countered, which is good, because I wouldn’t have paid a two in addition. That would have broken the deal, actually. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, woodstock said:


Yeah, Team A (me) was thinking of how good Jones looked last year running the ball and compared him to Edmonds, who really hasn't ever besides the Giants game back two years ago in the driving rain against a hapless defense. He was also thinking about Chase Edmonds sounding weird all off-season about his role and wondering if even he thinks he's up for the role. I read little bits from his interviews, coach staying mum, all that, as not a good sign for Edmonds. 

But that's not why I did it. Certainly wouldn't base it off of that. I did it because Jones is two years younger, is a free agent after this year, and runs well enough to be named to Bill Barnwell's top ten backs in the league, even if he came it at number eleven on the list (Barnwell must be doing a Spinal Tap version of his list of ten backs - but this one goes to eleven!). I liked how he ran and remember him breaking off tough runs for plenty of yardage. 

This is half PPR, so that's also a concern. Pass catching is not Jones's strength, and he graded out at 27% (yes, 27%) in PFF's passing grade. Perhaps I was a little hasty with this deal, but I wanted Jones over Edmonds as I like to bet on talent, too, though situation is certainly a concern in dynasty at RB. Just is. Has to be factored in. They have such short shelf lives. 

So that's that. That was the deal. I don't have many backs, so it does impact a lot, though. 

 

I did see it as impactful. 

And we crossed-posts...now I see that you are taking a long-term approach. So yeah - good deal for you. I'm a RoJo believer & see him as the better running back in the worse situation, while Chase has only opportunity going for him. And (to call back to my point in the last post) you only gave up a 3rd when a 2nd might have been a closer deal. 

So nice job - let's hope either RoJo gets the opportunity long-term with TB as a feature back, or moves on to greener pastures, where they might give him a chance. 

And to be fair about RoJo's hands, he wasn't as bad as some of the numbers & observers believe. I distinctly recall balls sailing  over RoJo's head when Brady was just getting his legs back early in the season, and a couple times he set up RoJo for brutal hits. On one such hit, they absurdly called it a catch/fumble (his legs never set & he never had control or made a football move) and they benched him the rest of the game. 

In season's past, RoJo has made some pretty nifty catches. If he gets a gig on a new team that actually gives him a chance, I think he'll improve as a receiver (numbers wise).  I think some of his bad rap is unfair. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, woodstock said:

Maybe I'm way off, but I think you need to know the guy's situation before judging him in a 2QB league. I don't think those leagues lend themselves to vacuum criticizing like we have to do here. 

He could be fading Dobbins heavily and Pittman currently has Eason throwing to him. In addition, the dude traded Tyrod Taylor, who might have been his second QB if people are hoarding, and then you've got the inklings of reasons to do the deal. 

That's my two cents on the matter.

You aren't wrong but when something gets posted here all we can do is give our two cents with the information we have.  On its face, that looks like a terrible deal.  I'm not a huge Wilson believer.  I don't have a problem giving that up for a QB but a Jets QB, that hasn't played a game yet isn't that QB.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, woodstock said:

In case people missed it with the back-and-forth between HSG and smbkrypt24, here's a trade. 

Team A Gets: Ronald Jones 

Team B Gets: Chase Edmonds, 2022 mid-3rd or so

Chase is the starter there now most likely and Conner can't really stay healthy so I'd go that way even though RoJo is fine and this could just be a matter of preference.  They get the pick too though so I'd lean towards Edmonds but fair enough.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, woodstock said:


Team A getting Rojo is at least a year away, which is why he did the deal. That would be me, too. I’m Team A. It’s a deal with the future in mind. The 3rd was thrown in for no-haggle purposes, and the trade wasn’t countered, which is good, because I wouldn’t have paid a two in addition. That would have broken the deal, actually. 

I will say for the future play, this was a good trade.  If trying to win this year, Edmonds probably is the play.  All your takes on the 2 players I agree with though.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

You aren't wrong but when something gets posted here all we can do is give our two cents with the information we have.  On its face, that looks like a terrible deal.  I'm not a huge Wilson believer.  I don't have a problem giving that up for a QB but a Jets QB, that hasn't played a game yet isn't that QB.


Absolutely. Very true. We go with the information we have. I'm just trying to see both sides, I guess. Nobody was wrong in their assessment. Dobbins and Pittman are a steep price for Wilson. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I will say for the future play, this was a good trade.  If trying to win this year, Edmonds probably is the play.  All your takes on the 2 players I agree with though.


Thanks. I'm waking up this morning and not regretting it, so that's a thing. A little more concerned about having fun via winning some games this year, though I know realistically I'm definitely a year away. Two guys have really strong rosters in our league. One has McCaffrey and Barkley and now Henderson to go with Diggs, the other has Henry, Kamara, Ridley, Tyreek Hill, David Montgomery, and Chase Claypool. One of the guys will not answer correspondence about trades and just stands pat unless he needs something (which is truly lame of a league-mate). But the rosters are 51 deep during regular and 60 during the off-season, so it's very deep and competitive. I'm swimming upstream right now. That's realistically too much for me to beat for even two years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I confused Barnwell for Doug Farrar, and by extension, ESPN for USA Today. I always confuse those two guys, though not the entities. It'll always happen. Sorry about that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, woodstock said:


Thanks. I'm waking up this morning and not regretting it, so that's a thing. A little more concerned about having fun via winning some games this year, though I know realistically I'm definitely a year away. Two guys have really strong rosters in our league. One has McCaffrey and Barkley and now Henderson to go with Diggs, the other has Henry, Kamara, Ridley, Tyreek Hill, David Montgomery, and Chase Claypool. One of the guys will not answer correspondence about trades and just stands pat unless he needs something (which is truly lame of a league-mate). But the rosters are 51 deep during regular and 60 during the off-season, so it's very deep and competitive. I'm swimming upstream right now. That's realistically too much for me to beat for even two years. 

Those are huge rosters.  Dang.  I thought ours was big at 22, 2 IR, and 15 Taxi (2 years for rookies only).  That 2nd roster you mentioned is way stacked.  Not regretting it is a big thing.  Buyer's remorse is real.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Those are huge rosters.  Dang.  I thought ours was big at 22, 2 IR, and 15 Taxi (2 years for rookies only).  That 2nd roster you mentioned is way stacked.  Not regretting it is a big thing.  Buyer's remorse is real.

My dynasty is 30, 35 in the offseason. 

On the one hand, it’s damn near impossible to find any bargains on the FA list (though I’ve had some occasional success there). On the other, it encourages trading. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Yeah, that's probably true. I've never played that format, so I don't really know enough to fairly judge that deal for a 16 tea, league. 

I just think it's pretty bad for the Wilson owner in a 12-team, even SF. And I am high on Wilson. 

 

18 hours ago, tangfoot said:

Yep, and even worse in 10-team.

 

This is a 10 team 2 QB league so it's start 20 QB's every week.  I would assume that QB's are impossible to find (or trade for) without overpaying in a league of this type.  While I think it was an overpay it's not as bad as you guys are alluding to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gally said:

This is a 10 team 2 QB league so it's start 20 QB's every week.  I would assume that QB's are impossible to find (or trade for) without overpaying in a league of this type.  While I think it was an overpay it's not as bad as you guys are alluding to.

There's 32 starting QBs, obtaining one shouldn't be this expensive.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

There's 32 starting QBs, obtaining one shouldn't be this expensive.


Like I asked in the comment above, what if people hoard? Our 1 QB league doesn't have QBs available at 51 per roster. We've debated this before, I think, to no satisfactory answer. Wilson might be that valuable, though it is a stretch. Jarwin in a 2TE premium swings the deal on the fulcrum, too. 

eta* It's still a bad trade. Almost awful, actually. But I can squint hard enough...maybe. No, not maybe. 

Edited by woodstock
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

There's 32 starting QBs, obtaining one shouldn't be this expensive.

But they are in these type of leagues.  Typically there are no starters available and most of the backups are also off the board.  The draft is really the only way to get a QB and highly touted draft picks (yes even Jets QB's) are gold at this stage of the season.  

 

It shouldn't be that expensive but it usually is.  Still not a trade I would make as it's not a win now trade.

 

ETA:  What I meant with the "win now trade" comment was that if I were to overpay that much for a player it would be if I was in a win now mode and that guy put me over the top.  That is clearly not the case with a guy that has never played a down in the NFL.  There is no way that is the piece that would put that team over the top to win now.  

Edited by Gally
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, woodstock said:

Jarwin in a 2TE premium swings the deal on the fulcrum, too. 

Jarwin vs Hurst is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  Nobody wants to rely on either one of them in any format, including 5TE.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gally said:

But they are in these type of leagues.  Typically there are no starters available and most of the backups are also off the board.  The draft is really the only way to get a QB and highly touted draft picks (yes even Jets QB's) are gold at this stage of the season.  

 

It shouldn't be that expensive but it usually is.  Still not a trade I would make as it's not a win now trade.  

It depends on the scoring format, but my large leagues tend to treat QBs far more reasonably than this trade.  YMMV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, tangfoot said:

Jarwin vs Hurst is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.  Nobody wants to rely on either one of them in any format, including 5TE.


True. See my edit above. I think you guys are right and that the trade was bad. I'm just trying to see it another way. It's very difficult. 

I happen to like Wilson, but not enough. Even for 2 QB. I just think the vacuum thing could be real in this case, and Gally pointing out 2 QB isn't so off. It's different than Superflex, even. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****
9 minutes ago, Bruceman6 said:

12 team PPR 2qb

Drew Lock, 22 1st (won league last 2 years so late)

for

Carson Wentz, Julio Jones

Gimme the 1st & Lock maybe? 

Jeez. An old & a broken for a pick & a maybe. This is hard. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 2:00 PM, BigJim® said:

Anyone see recent dynasty trades involving Dalvin Cook?


I gave Cook and a 2nd for Lamb.  Contracts involved so the 2nd was to even that out and I see this as an even-up trade of players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:


I gave Cook and a 2nd for Lamb.  Contracts involved so the 2nd was to even that out and I see this as an even-up trade of players.

Thank you. Have to think contracts play into value quite a bit, since most rankings have Cook top 5 and Lamb in the teens.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, mzkp54 said:

12 team PPR SF

Gave: Hopkins, Ekeler, Dillon

Got: Chubb, Kupp, Thielen, ‘22 1st, ‘22 2nd

I think this must be an equitable trade because I would have a difficult time giving up either side of those packages in a deal.  I think the Picks have me leaning more Chubb, but that would hurt either way to part with such players!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

You aren't wrong but when something gets posted here all we can do is give our two cents with the information we have.  On its face, that looks like a terrible deal.  I'm not a huge Wilson believer.  I don't have a problem giving that up for a QB but a Jets QB, that hasn't played a game yet isn't that QB.


Is a “Jets QB” some mythical beast? You’ve framed it that way a few times now. You do realize it’s a whole new coaching staff and Wilson is an individual that has nothing to do with Sam Darnold or Geno Smith right?

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:


Is a “Jets QB” some mythical beast? You’ve framed it that way a few times now. You do realize it’s a whole new coaching staff and Wilson is an individual that has nothing to do with Sam Darnold or Geno Smith right?

I get that and I do like Saleh personally but I have also watched too many of the Sam Darnold, Geno, Sanchez, McCown, the corpse of Favre, Pennington, Testaverde, and others.  That is over 20 years and it doesn't get much better before that.  Bad organizations and the NY pressure means something and until I see something prove otherwise, I'll stay on this side of this argument personally. 

I'll let someone else try to convince themselves that a different coaching staff and a different player can fix that.  Heard the same arguments with Darnold.  You are right that they have nothing to do with each other but no thank you on bucking history and overpaying for a player at that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I get that and I do like Saleh personally but I have also watched too many of the Sam Darnold, Geno, Sanchez, McCown, the corpse of Favre, Pennington, Testaverde, and others.  That is over 20 years and it doesn't get much better before that.  Bad organizations and the NY pressure means something and until I see something prove otherwise, I'll stay on this side of this argument personally. 

I'll let someone else try to convince themselves that a different coaching staff and a different player can fix that.  Heard the same arguments with Darnold.  You are right that they have nothing to do with each other but no thank you on bucking history and overpaying for a player at that.


There’s a lot wrong in this post but I won’t bog down this topic with it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:


Is a “Jets QB” some mythical beast? You’ve framed it that way a few times now. You do realize it’s a whole new coaching staff and Wilson is an individual that has nothing to do with Sam Darnold or Geno Smith right?

I will say that I could miss out on a player due to that thinking but I'm ok with that.  If Wilson really is special but I'd be willing to bet that it is more likely he is the next Geno Smith or Sam Darnold than he is A-Rod on that team.

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I will say that I could miss out on a player due to that thinking but I'm ok with that.  If Wilson really is special but I'd be willing to bet that it is more likely he is the next Geno Smith or Sam Darnold than he is A-Rod on that team.

I couldn’t disagree more. Everything I’ve seen of Wilson says he should be a terrific QB, and I know his new coaching staff is top notch.

Losing Knapp recently to an unbelievable tragedy is likely to hurt his development a little,  but the talent is there.

The Jets have had some bad coaching & some bad luck, but I don’t think they’re cursed as a franchise. I bought on Wilson. That he’s on a team perceived to be bad at picking QBs just makes him a better value. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I couldn’t disagree more. Everything I’ve seen of Wilson says he should be a terrific QB, and I know his new coaching staff is top notch.

Losing Knapp recently to an unbelievable tragedy is likely to hurt his development a little,  but the talent is there.

The Jets have had some bad coaching & some bad luck, but I don’t think they’re cursed as a franchise. I bought on Wilson. That he’s on a team perceived to be bad at picking QBs just makes him a better value. 

I don't fault you for doing so if he passes your eye test.  I'm a Niner fan so I like the coaching staff.  I just don't like going against history personally.  It has done me pretty well in fantasy to avoid Jets QBs, Lions RBs, and others that fall in that category.  He could be the outlier but I'd much rather take the chance on another QB if given the choice.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't take him in the right trade but definitely not with an overpay.  Wouldn't even consider it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I don't fault you for doing so if he passes your eye test.  I'm a Niner fan so I like the coaching staff.

I’m also a Niner fan, so obviously I love his HC & OC. 

8 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

I just don't like going against history personally.  It has done me pretty well in fantasy to avoid Jets QBs, Lions RBs, and others that fall in that category. 

This is where you lost me. There is literally no history to go against. It’s a rookie QB with a 1st time HC & a very good OC.  And Saleh is a really, really good coach. 

Going against “the history” of the franchise seems a bit like missing the trees for the forest. 

8 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

He could be the outlier but I'd much rather take the chance on another QB if given the choice.  Doesn't mean I wouldn't take him in the right trade but definitely not with an overpay.  Wouldn't even consider it.

again, how would a rookie QB taken by a brand new coaching staff be an outlier?  That seems odd to me. 

Fortunately I didn’t over-pay. Wilson was part of a package. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I’m also a Niner fan, so obviously I love his HC & OC. 

This is where you lost me. There is literally no history to go against. It’s a rookie QB with a 1st time HC & a very good OC.  And Saleh is a really, really good coach. 

Going against “the history” of the franchise seems a bit like missing the trees for the forest. 

again, how would a rookie QB taken by a brand new coaching staff be an outlier?  That seems odd to me. 

Fortunately I didn’t over-pay. Wilson was part of a package. 

And I said that I could miss out on a player by following that but has worked out in my favor avoiding Jets QBs in my 15 years of fantasy football.  A rookie QB that killed it would still be an outlier for the Jets.  Crap even their HOF QB in Namath threw way more INTs than TDs.

There are many ways to win in fantasy but I'll stick with staying away from Jets QBs and pay more for him in the future once it is proven.  Just not a risk I'm willing to make.  Trades and drafting in fantasy has a lot to do with risk/reward.  To me....there is too much risk there to be worth the reward.  Not saying it is impossible.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...