Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

1 hour ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

This is a steal for Tua.  I'm not huge on him but in SF QBs are gold.  I like Higgins a little better than Gallup but this value seems way off.

Higgins is usually ranked in the early 20s of rankings I’ve seen where Gallup is often like 45. I think Higgins upside is even understated by many, so was hesitant to let him go. 

Edited by ryno1980
Typo

33 minutes ago, ryno1980 said:

Higgins is usually ranked in the early 20s of rankings I’ve seen where Gallup is often like 45. I think Higgins upside is even understated by many, so was hesitant to let him go. 

You should go buy a lotto ticket. I'm just sayin - you're running hot. 

12 team PPR dynasty. Hated making this trade, even though I love Gibson. 

Gave: AJB

Got: Gibson 

I was desperate for RB help as we must start 2 (and can start a 3rd at the flex) 

Roster:

Big Ben, Winston, Wentz, Love

Gibson, Swift, Ron Jones, Lindsay, Cohen

Godwin, Chase, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, E. Moore, Samuel, Mike Williams, Crowder

Fant, Smith Jr, Freiermuth

5 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

I was desperate for RB help as we must start 2 (and can start a 3rd at the flex) 

Roster:

Godwin, Chase, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, E. Moore, Samuel, Mike Williams, Crowder

Tough to swallow losing Brown but you definitely needed a RB.  Your WRs are still good.  I would have looked around to try to get a RB for a different WR but you wouldn't have got the quality you got in Gibson otherwise.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Roster:

I like the deal for you. Woulda been nicer if you could have given up Godwin or Dionte & a pick for Gibson instead but I don’t hate it.

Your QBs seem to be an issue looking ahead. I’m assuming this isn’t SF, so you can probably limp through 2021 with Big Ben, but you’re praying Winston wins that NOS job. 

That aside, this trade helped you, but it feels like not a bargain. My draft calc has Gibson at 205 to AJB’s 192, so close enough to be even. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I like the deal for you. Woulda been nicer if you could have given up Godwin or Dionte & a pick for Gibson instead but I don’t hate it.

Your QBs seem to be an issue looking ahead. I’m assuming this isn’t SF, so you can probably limp through 2021 with Big Ben, but you’re praying Winston wins that NOS job. 

That aside, this trade helped you, but it feels like not a bargain. My draft calc has Gibson at 205 to AJB’s 192, so close enough to be even. 

Yeah for months I tried moving Godwin and Diontae but got NO interest, and I sent out offer to every other team. Thank God its 1qb only but yeah, hoping Winston balls out. Wentz injury certainly didn't help and Rodgers coming back to GB  

Edited by ffmail4me
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Yeah for months I tried moving Godwin and Diontae but got NO interest, and I sent out offer to every other team. Thank God its 1qb only but yeah, hoping Winston balls out. Wentz injury certainly didn't help and Rodgers coming back to GB  

Well, the good news is that it likely wasn’t an overpay. And if, as some believe, Gibson is better at reading the plays & bouncing to the outside when the hole isn’t there (one of his only negative traits last year) then you may have gotten a great deal here.

I’m pretty high on AJB, but you still have a nice set of WRs there. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Well, the good news is that it likely wasn’t an overpay. And if, as some believe, Gibson is better at reading the plays & bouncing to the outside when the hole isn’t there (one of his only negative traits last year) then you may have gotten a great deal here.

I’m pretty high on AJB, but you still have a nice set of WRs there. 

I think it’s an overpay, but sometimes you have to. I would have approached it differently if it was my team, but who knows which way works best?

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, woodstock said:

Update to Ron Jones/Chase Edmonds deal: 

Edmonds yesterday said he “hates” the term RB1. Sheesh. 

Wait what? 

I’m fine with whatever they want to call Edmonds’s so long as he catches 90 passes for 850 yards and 4 TDs. 

whatever I get on the ground from him is gravy. 

45 minutes ago, kyter1 said:

14 TM (12 Keeper) QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Flex

Gave: Ronal Jones

Got: Golladay and 2023 1st

Say what ?  Pretty sure you can't get a 1st straight up for Mr Jones in 99.9% of leagues

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kyter1 said:

14 TM (12 Keeper) QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, Flex

Gave: Ronal Jones

Got: Golladay and 2023 1st

That’s a huge return for RoJo.

I’m a RoJo truther & feel he’s the best RB on the team. He’s also a FA & may end up being a feature back somewhere next year.  And if someone offered me that I’d melt my keyboard hitting accept. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

12 Team Dynasty SF league

Traded Damien Harris

Received Kadarius Toney, 2023 2nd

Not enough for Harris, in my mind. I was going to respond to your post yesterday but got distracted. We had a whole valuation of Harris like three weeks ago. Early second at least. I got a 2nd and 3rd for him, and that was too light, in my estimation these days. Sorry about not being on the ball quick enough to address your price check.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Traded Damien Harris

I like it. Upside both ways. I’m sure Harris owners have Patriots fatigue, but a team in need of a RB can take a chance on him. 

1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Not enough for Harris, in my mind. I was going to respond to your post yesterday but got distracted. We had a whole valuation of Harris like three weeks ago. Early second at least. I got a 2nd and 3rd for him, and that was too light, in my estimation these days. Sorry about not being on the ball quick enough to address your price check.

No worries! I had two offers of a second, used it against them and said I got the same offer, countered with that and the one accepted. I'm a rebuilding team, was afraid Harris would quickly lose value if he doesn't perform or Cam steals TDs if he's playing, and I'm not competing so I figured with a bit of hype about him starting and being the guy, I'd capitalize. Appreciate the input.

Just now, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I like it. Upside both ways. I’m sure Harris owners have Patriots fatigue, but a team in need of a RB can take a chance on him. 

Thanks! Asked for Toney purely for that upside.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

was afraid Harris would quickly lose value if he doesn't perform or Cam steals TDs if he's playing, and I'm not competing so I figured with a bit of hype about him starting and being the guy, I'd capitalize.

This is exactly what I thought as GM of a team that had him on it. I traded him away for exactly this reason. I guess we're both risk-averse and didn't want an asset that sinks like a large stone.

6 minutes ago, rockaction said:

This is exactly what I thought as GM of a team that had him on it. I traded him away for exactly this reason. I guess we're both risk-averse and didn't want an asset that sinks like a large stone.

Truth. Especially as a rebuilding team, take the pick and upside player while I can. But I get the reason to keep him/think I didn't get enough.

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Traded Damien Harris

12 team single QB

Traded Damien Harris

Received 2022 1st (likely playoff team)

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

2 hours ago, tangfoot said:

12 team single QB

Traded Damien Harris

Nice value for Harris. 👍🏼

I have him in about a 2023 1st, or 2022 second round pick.

getting even a low first seems like great return.

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tangfoot said:

12 team single QB

Traded Damien Harris

Everyone values things differently, but I cannot fathom anyone giving a first for Harris. This is historically one of the messier backfields, Harris does not have proven production, has not been a factor in the passing game, and they drafted an RB in round four. I would be willing to bet there will be regret at some point for this one.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tangfoot said:

12 team single QB

Traded Damien Harris

Gotta go with the #1…unless it is Corey Dillon in 2004 anytime you can deal a Pats RB for a #1 you gotta take it…I do think Harris can be a useful RB with the Pats this year (especially when they go to Jones) but no way would I use a prime asset like a #1 to get a piece of the Pats backfield…gotta believe you can figure out a better way to add to your backfield if you are willing to deal a #1.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Traded Damien Harris

I like this deal...  

The 1st was a little too much, but I am a Damien believer... so count me tainted. 

I regret trading him away a few weeks ago... now trying to get him back.  They rejected a 2022 2nd & 3rd.  

• Thanks 1

FFPC, hot garbage orphan team I bought this yr. 

Gave Mattison, Jamal Williams

Got Darnell Mooney

I know UTH\Chad calc doesn't like it at all, but thought it made sense in short roster full rebuild mode. 

• Like 2

10 Team DYANSTY 2QB PPR.  Start 2QB 3WR, 2WR, 1TE, 1W/T, 1/W/R/T.   26 roster spots. 

Team JAM:  With ButtChuggingFTW

• JAM GIVES:  RB RON JONES II  Tampa Bay
  • JAM GETS: QB MATT RYAN  Atlanta

JAM Roster: 

• QB RWilson DWatson, TuaT, M Ryan
  • WR  Hopkins, JJefferson, AJBrown, CGodwin, Laviska, Reagor, Pittman, ParrisCampbell,
  • RB EElliott, Chubb, JK Dobbins, AJ Dillon,  IR CAkers, 
  • TE: Kelce, GOedert, Engram. 
  • Draft Picks: #9,#10, #11, #13, #19, #29, #30, #31

ButtChuggingFTW

• QB Mahomes, JHurts, BMayfield, TayHill, TyRTaylor, KAllen, 
  • WR: MThomas, AThielen, CSutton,ODBjr KGolladay, SSTeriling, KenBourne, C Davis, KeCole. CSamuel, R Higgins. 
  • RB: MGordon, TPollard,  RonJonesII, 
  • TE: Logan Thomas, 
  • Draft Picks; #22, #38 .

I'm the owner of the JAM team. Defending Champion. QB Play had been a strength.  If Watson gets suspended and Tua not living up to potential it gives me insurance to make another WIN NOW run w/o paying a lot. RonJones wasn't starting. 

11 minutes ago, Tonycarpenter said:

10 Team DYANSTY 2QB PPR.  Start 2QB 3WR, 2WR, 1TE, 1W/T, 1/W/R/T.   26 roster spots. 

JAM Roster: 

• WR  Hopkins, JJefferson, AJBrown, CGodwin, Laviska, Reagor, Pittman, ParrisCampbell,

ButtChuggingFTW

• WR: MThomas, AThielen, CSutton,ODBjr KGolladay, SSTeriling, KenBourne, C Davis, KeCole. CSamuel, R Higgins. 

I'm the owner of the JAM team. Defending Champion. QB Play had been a strength.  If Watson gets suspended and Tua not living up to potential it gives me insurance to make another WIN NOW run w/o paying a lot. RonJones wasn't starting. 

That's a good looking team, and that's a great move for a team in WIN NOW mode.   

On a side note, I'd look to trade some of those draft picks for 2022 upgrades.

Maybe not the right thread but just sayin. I received a FFPC trade offer sending me Hunter Long early this afternoon before news of his injury in practice was widely available. I didn't act on it, but after I heard the news I am thinking it was a crappy thing to do. Maybe the inj is serious, maybe not and I know all is fair in love and war but it's not something I would ever do. Wondering what the consensus is on this.

Edited by NE_REVIVAL
Noted it was FFPC lg

1 hour ago, Tonycarpenter said:

JAM Roster: 

ButtChuggingFTW

1. There seem to be a lot of Ron Jones trades recently.  Do people know something I don't?  Seems like a good deal for you.

2. Your leaguemate needs to change his team name.

3 minutes ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Maybe not the right thread but just sayin. I received a trade offer sending me Hunter Long early this afternoon before news of his injury in practice was widely available. I didn't act on it, but after I heard the news I am thinking it was a crappy thing to do. Maybe the inj is serious, maybe not and I know all is fair in love and war but it's not something I would ever do. Wondering what the consensus is on this.

I don't mind it.  Shame on me if I don't hit rotoworld or the shark pool before pulling a trigger on any trade.  And it also lets me know who the hucksters are in my leagues.

And it also depends on the offer.  If it's Hunter Long for a 4th when he was drafted in the 4th, who cares?  Long wasn't probably doing anything this year anyways and in big-roster dynasty it may still be an even trade.  If it's Cam Akers for a 1st a couple weeks back, then it's offensive - not that I'd really be that offended.

All good my friend, it was FFPC (since corrected above) and fwiw rotoworld (which I do always check) didn't mention it until aprox a couple of hrs later. Imho it doesn't matter if it is high profile player like Akers or bench fodder like Long, trying to pull a fast one with damaged goods is not the kind of dynasty player I want to play with in my leagues. I could be in the minority and I understand we are playing for money but it's dirty pool imo. 

2 hours ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

Maybe not the right thread but just sayin. I received a FFPC trade offer sending me Hunter Long early this afternoon before news of his injury in practice was widely available. I didn't act on it, but after I heard the news I am thinking it was a crappy thing to do. Maybe the inj is serious, maybe not and I know all is fair in love and war but it's not something I would ever do. Wondering what the consensus is on this.

Yeah not a fan of that kind of thing unless it is explicitly stated in a message or something. Weird timing on this for me, though. Last night I am looking at FFPC rosters and saying I don't think I have room for Long here or there. This morning in one league having nothing to do with Long, I offered Chark and yada yada for something something. Then I read some news and saw he had surgery recently. Not expected to be a big deal (I guess) but now I'm thinking shoot should I revoke this, less the dude thinks I'm trying to get one over? Anyway then shortly afterwards the Long news broke and I just thought it was ironic you brought this up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

All good my friend, it was FFPC (since corrected above) and fwiw rotoworld (which I do always check) didn't mention it until aprox a couple of hrs later. Imho it doesn't matter if it is high profile player like Akers or bench fodder like Long, trying to pull a fast one with damaged goods is not the kind of dynasty player I want to play with in my leagues. I could be in the minority and I understand we are playing for money but it's dirty pool imo. 

Yeah with Akers I just posted a message board note saying I'll move him. If someone wants him they can approach me. 

• Like 1

I sent out a trade to move Golladay two hours after he was injured.  I didn't see the news until later that night.  I just deleted the trade then sent it again putting in the comments why I sent it and sent it again.

• Like 1

I'd have kept Ron Jones as a breakout candidate in TB or next contract.  But  he's RB4/5 on my roster. A luxury.  Fournette hurts his immediate upside.  I wouldn't hesitate to grab him for the right price. AND for a guy with crap RBs he'll mean a lot more to the new team. 

13 hours ago, NE_REVIVAL said:

I assume that everyone I play with has breaking news alerts, because they are also fanatical about their dynasty teams. 

After the Akers news hit, I sent out offers for RBs several/many tiers below him. If the owner likes that risk he can accept or send me a counter 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

Win Now Dynasty Roster, 12 Team PPR,

Traded Rashad Bateman and Trey Sermon

for

Zeke and Tony Pollard

I like both rooks' potential, but this is Zeke/Pollard pretty easy imo.

• Like 4

On 8/7/2021 at 2:41 PM, tangfoot said:

12 team single QB

Traded Damien Harris

This is a great return.  I think any 1st is a smash accept for Harris.  I know he has got some hype this offseason but we are still talking about dealing with Belitricks.  I think the 23 2nd and Toney was about fair value for him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

for

Zeke and Tony Pollard

I like both of those rookies and understand a rebuilding team taking both of them but this still feels extremely light for Zeke/TP.  There is one piece (probably a pretty decent pick) short coming back to the old Zeke owner.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:

for

Zeke and Tony Pollard

Yeah Zeke for me, too. I think Bateman will be the #1 target in Baltimore at some point but I don't see him ever being a league winning difference maker. He could have some big weeks, though. And I love Sermon quite a bit. But Bateman just doesn't move the needle for me. A different receiver I liked or a 1st with Sermon might do it for me, though. But as a compete now move Zeke is a slam dunk here. And he may be as such in 2022 as well.